Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 169 170
Vidar | District 7 | Guardian | Ice

@kijauni (Vidar will leave shortly because of the future events that partake, but I feel like I want to wrap this up properly)

With a drowsy snort, Vidar stirred from his unconscious state. His muscles ached, and he remembered the vegetation that had entrapped him from escaping from the trap. He lashed out suddenly with his claws as his eyes snapped open. Surprised, the Guardian looked down at his limbs, only to see that they were free. Moreover, he was in a different spot from the last time he passed out. Someone had moved him.

Someone? Vidar immediately got up to his feet, his head whipping to the stranger who had been watching him. A menacing snarl ripped through his throat and his icy eyes glared at the dragon, assessing the threat. It was a Skydancer, no doubt, a smaller breed than his. The most prominent features on this Skydancer was his clear, Plague-like appearance, and indeed, he was one. It was no wonder he was able to set up a trap so readily. Why else would he be watching him so coincidentally here? However, he realized that if he were standing here on his four feet, that meant the Skydancer had chosen not to kill him, nor to take anything. He didn’t wake up here on his own accord, either. He must have somehow pulled him up here with his small body, and waited for him to wake.

“You there,” Vidar growled. “Did you pull me out? Why did you spare me? You could have eliminated a potential enemy when you had the chance.”

—————————————————————————————————

@Lednik (I’m okay with you responding or not responding to today’s event. Sorry for controlling your dragon for a bit! It would be too long before the next event, otherwise.)

Before he even knew it, he was in a battle with a dragon. By chance, they had crossed paths—-their eyes had met—-and without a warning, both of them had prepared their battle stances. Vidar sensed that this Guardian was aiming to kill him. The moment she had opened her mouth to leave a stinging comments with her major bluntness, he had lost his cool. He wouldn’t mind killing someone who provoked him without a thought, be it by word of mouth or slashing claws.

She had started with firing bolts at Vidar, from which he dodged, a couple of them nicking his fins. Once he got close enough, he unsheathed his cleaver from his belt, swinging in a wide arc. However, his weapon was stopped abruptly by the axe blades she had produced. Now locked against one another, each dragon struggled to gain the upper hand, raw Guardian power pulsing through their muscles and into their blades, arms trembling and straining, as they pushed against each other, glaring a challenge into each other’s eyes.

Both Vidar and the other Guardian battled each other with relentless and brutal strength, clashing blades. His opponent was stronger than he had expected, at least, in the close range—but he eventually overpowered her and brought his opponent down to the ground, his cleaver to her neck.

Vidar stood over her, his chest heaving. He had no idea how long they had fought, but it was a strenuous fight. Nevertheless, he felt something else on top of that. His heart was beating rapidly not just from exhaustion. Blood was flowing through his body, lively as ever. And there he remembered the feeling—-excitement. It was a long time since he’d had this feeling while fighting a dragon. Ganix, the lead warrior of his Clan, was the last one that had made him feel like this. To feel like he was alive.

In the end, when Vidar looked at the Guardian below him, in her eyes—-he knew. She was fighting for someone. Despite her demeanor that had radiated hostility and coldness at first, just like him, he realized there was more to her. Just like there was more to him.

The black Guardian stepped off her, sheathing his cleaver back onto his belt. Not much blood was shed, despite this battle, although it could turn out for the better the none were hurt badly.

“I feel something from you,” Vidar rumbled. “Something that preventing me from killing you. Perhaps the next time we meet, we will have to kill each other. But for now… I take my leave.”
Vidar | District 7 | Guardian | Ice

@kijauni (Vidar will leave shortly because of the future events that partake, but I feel like I want to wrap this up properly)

With a drowsy snort, Vidar stirred from his unconscious state. His muscles ached, and he remembered the vegetation that had entrapped him from escaping from the trap. He lashed out suddenly with his claws as his eyes snapped open. Surprised, the Guardian looked down at his limbs, only to see that they were free. Moreover, he was in a different spot from the last time he passed out. Someone had moved him.

Someone? Vidar immediately got up to his feet, his head whipping to the stranger who had been watching him. A menacing snarl ripped through his throat and his icy eyes glared at the dragon, assessing the threat. It was a Skydancer, no doubt, a smaller breed than his. The most prominent features on this Skydancer was his clear, Plague-like appearance, and indeed, he was one. It was no wonder he was able to set up a trap so readily. Why else would he be watching him so coincidentally here? However, he realized that if he were standing here on his four feet, that meant the Skydancer had chosen not to kill him, nor to take anything. He didn’t wake up here on his own accord, either. He must have somehow pulled him up here with his small body, and waited for him to wake.

“You there,” Vidar growled. “Did you pull me out? Why did you spare me? You could have eliminated a potential enemy when you had the chance.”

—————————————————————————————————

@Lednik (I’m okay with you responding or not responding to today’s event. Sorry for controlling your dragon for a bit! It would be too long before the next event, otherwise.)

Before he even knew it, he was in a battle with a dragon. By chance, they had crossed paths—-their eyes had met—-and without a warning, both of them had prepared their battle stances. Vidar sensed that this Guardian was aiming to kill him. The moment she had opened her mouth to leave a stinging comments with her major bluntness, he had lost his cool. He wouldn’t mind killing someone who provoked him without a thought, be it by word of mouth or slashing claws.

She had started with firing bolts at Vidar, from which he dodged, a couple of them nicking his fins. Once he got close enough, he unsheathed his cleaver from his belt, swinging in a wide arc. However, his weapon was stopped abruptly by the axe blades she had produced. Now locked against one another, each dragon struggled to gain the upper hand, raw Guardian power pulsing through their muscles and into their blades, arms trembling and straining, as they pushed against each other, glaring a challenge into each other’s eyes.

Both Vidar and the other Guardian battled each other with relentless and brutal strength, clashing blades. His opponent was stronger than he had expected, at least, in the close range—but he eventually overpowered her and brought his opponent down to the ground, his cleaver to her neck.

Vidar stood over her, his chest heaving. He had no idea how long they had fought, but it was a strenuous fight. Nevertheless, he felt something else on top of that. His heart was beating rapidly not just from exhaustion. Blood was flowing through his body, lively as ever. And there he remembered the feeling—-excitement. It was a long time since he’d had this feeling while fighting a dragon. Ganix, the lead warrior of his Clan, was the last one that had made him feel like this. To feel like he was alive.

In the end, when Vidar looked at the Guardian below him, in her eyes—-he knew. She was fighting for someone. Despite her demeanor that had radiated hostility and coldness at first, just like him, he realized there was more to her. Just like there was more to him.

The black Guardian stepped off her, sheathing his cleaver back onto his belt. Not much blood was shed, despite this battle, although it could turn out for the better the none were hurt badly.

“I feel something from you,” Vidar rumbled. “Something that preventing me from killing you. Perhaps the next time we meet, we will have to kill each other. But for now… I take my leave.”
MyfNmKq.png
(O god I just realized how long that post was)
(O god I just realized how long that post was)
MyfNmKq.png
@Rivertyl Should I respond to the post? I am unsure since you headed to todays events already but also left the story unfinished :D

Also, Simulator is real fun xD Everybody is fighting but Frosthorn just claims an explosive xD As if the Simulator knows, Frosthorn is so big, he don't has to care about little dergs fighting for stuff^^
@Rivertyl Should I respond to the post? I am unsure since you headed to todays events already but also left the story unfinished :D

Also, Simulator is real fun xD Everybody is fighting but Frosthorn just claims an explosive xD As if the Simulator knows, Frosthorn is so big, he don't has to care about little dergs fighting for stuff^^
BannerSiggiSize.pngky82ASU.gif
The simulator has decided that Zenya is not great at hiding but good at running away. I love the results but unfortunately I don’t think I have time to RP today
The simulator has decided that Zenya is not great at hiding but good at running away. I love the results but unfortunately I don’t think I have time to RP today
VDwNYPe.png
[center][b]Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43268354] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/432684/43268354.png[/img] [/url][/center] ------ Half the day had passed from when she and Thezmois took a fall into a ravine and she approached the temperamental imperial but now she found herself walking through the thick undergrowth once again. Her fever wouldn't go away, she was starting to suspect it wasn't normal, but a by product of... whatever the source of the [i]wrong[/i] feeling was. It made her far slower than she preferred, dulling her senses to the environment around her. Which is how she missed Vidar until he was right in front of her. Both guardians immediately jumped into their preferred battle stance, Chloe into the crouch not unlike one of the numerous wolves of the Icefield. There was something on her tongue, a threat? A sneer? She honestly didn't know and didn't have time to think as Vidar crashed into her. For this battle she had the size advantage but he had speed and he used it well. As the fight raged on she came to the conclusion that she did not have any advantages. She was weakened by her fever and lost track of him as he dove around her and shred her side. [i]Strong. Very strong, I would like to fight him when I'm not dying sometim- is that a cleaver? Oh fu-[/i] She had no weapons to stop the blade from cutting right through her arm and she hissed at the burning pain. Her body was complaining from the stress of the fever and overexertion of her healing capabilities, two nearly back-to-back battles with the tributes she had named on the first day had exhausted it. Even now she could feel her body as it slowly gave up on covering her wounds, she had to end this now. She snarled and rammed Vidar to the ground but he surged up and collided with her head. The world spun as she backed up to regain her balance but her opponent gave her no time and struke her with the flat side of his weapon. Chloe opened her eyes to the blade at her throat. She had lost. [i]Honestly just kill me, it'll save me time.[/i] Instead he sheathed his weapon and backed off and Chloe nearly choked. “I feel something from you,” Vidar rumbled. “Something that preventing me from killing you. Perhaps the next time we meet, we will have to kill each other. But for now… I take my leave.” [i]Oh god, the Capital must be [b]seething[/b] at how slow this game is going. Do you want to die from an event made to increase the action? Because this is how you do that.[/i] She cradles her wounded arm, most of which is a smooth glassy black, her body's final effort to help to her before it gave up. She was on her own now until she won or, the more likely option, was killed. [i]I wonder how Eternity feels right now about hunting a pest down.[/i] "Grow a spine," she growled at Vidar's retreating back, "your declaration was cute and all but these are the hunger games. In case you weren't informed, the point is killing other tributes, not giving flowery speeches about 'something' preventing you from killing." ------ [size=2]@Rivertyl I appreciate you trying to make Chloe Cool but as my snarky daughter there is only Suffering™ allowed for her now [s]she also doesn't actually have any weapons on her (she left it at the capitol bc of the rules) so this was doomed from the start[/s] (Open for rp)
Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian

43268354.png

Half the day had passed from when she and Thezmois took a fall into a ravine and she approached the temperamental imperial but now she found herself walking through the thick undergrowth once again. Her fever wouldn't go away, she was starting to suspect it wasn't normal, but a by product of... whatever the source of the wrong feeling was. It made her far slower than she preferred, dulling her senses to the environment around her. Which is how she missed Vidar until he was right in front of her. Both guardians immediately jumped into their preferred battle stance, Chloe into the crouch not unlike one of the numerous wolves of the Icefield. There was something on her tongue, a threat? A sneer? She honestly didn't know and didn't have time to think as Vidar crashed into her. For this battle she had the size advantage but he had speed and he used it well. As the fight raged on she came to the conclusion that she did not have any advantages. She was weakened by her fever and lost track of him as he dove around her and shred her side. Strong. Very strong, I would like to fight him when I'm not dying sometim- is that a cleaver? Oh fu-

She had no weapons to stop the blade from cutting right through her arm and she hissed at the burning pain. Her body was complaining from the stress of the fever and overexertion of her healing capabilities, two nearly back-to-back battles with the tributes she had named on the first day had exhausted it. Even now she could feel her body as it slowly gave up on covering her wounds, she had to end this now. She snarled and rammed Vidar to the ground but he surged up and collided with her head. The world spun as she backed up to regain her balance but her opponent gave her no time and struke her with the flat side of his weapon. Chloe opened her eyes to the blade at her throat. She had lost. Honestly just kill me, it'll save me time. Instead he sheathed his weapon and backed off and Chloe nearly choked. “I feel something from you,” Vidar rumbled. “Something that preventing me from killing you. Perhaps the next time we meet, we will have to kill each other. But for now… I take my leave.” Oh god, the Capital must be seething at how slow this game is going. Do you want to die from an event made to increase the action? Because this is how you do that. She cradles her wounded arm, most of which is a smooth glassy black, her body's final effort to help to her before it gave up. She was on her own now until she won or, the more likely option, was killed. I wonder how Eternity feels right now about hunting a pest down. "Grow a spine," she growled at Vidar's retreating back, "your declaration was cute and all but these are the hunger games. In case you weren't informed, the point is killing other tributes, not giving flowery speeches about 'something' preventing you from killing."
@Rivertyl I appreciate you trying to make Chloe Cool but as my snarky daughter there is only Suffering™ allowed for her now she also doesn't actually have any weapons on her (she left it at the capitol bc of the rules) so this was doomed from the start
(Open for rp)
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Eternity

"What I am is of no concern to you, Guardian. I burn things because I wish, and it helps my anger. Would you rather I burn you alive?" He growled, reaching his full height, staring down at the Guardian. He had no patience for fools.

He moved on, blind to Chloe's eyes as he walked, and came across a camp. He knew that this was dangerous, but also figured that it would be one of the only times he would get such good supplies. As he was going along, her spotted Demeter, and grumbled, but had to accept that she seemed to constantly appear, and they needed a small bond, this entire arena seemed to push them together.

He walked up to her, making sure to appear as intimidating as possible in the afternoon light, and stared down, asking one question:

"Demeter, it seems the arena and the Capitol wish for us to work together. It would be better if we complied. Shall you come along with me, or risk death by their displeased paws?"

He made sure his displeasure was known, but also made clear that this would likely be one of the only ways they would survive.

How annoying.
@Unterrestrial
@Lednik
@Somnorium
@3idolon I feel like you're twisting this for your own wishes
Eternity

"What I am is of no concern to you, Guardian. I burn things because I wish, and it helps my anger. Would you rather I burn you alive?" He growled, reaching his full height, staring down at the Guardian. He had no patience for fools.

He moved on, blind to Chloe's eyes as he walked, and came across a camp. He knew that this was dangerous, but also figured that it would be one of the only times he would get such good supplies. As he was going along, her spotted Demeter, and grumbled, but had to accept that she seemed to constantly appear, and they needed a small bond, this entire arena seemed to push them together.

He walked up to her, making sure to appear as intimidating as possible in the afternoon light, and stared down, asking one question:

"Demeter, it seems the arena and the Capitol wish for us to work together. It would be better if we complied. Shall you come along with me, or risk death by their displeased paws?"

He made sure his displeasure was known, but also made clear that this would likely be one of the only ways they would survive.

How annoying.
@Unterrestrial
@Lednik
@Somnorium
@3idolon I feel like you're twisting this for your own wishes
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
@kijauni

You can reply, but it’s ultimately up to you.

And yes, it is funny to pick up an explosive out of nowhere. The sim is weird sometimes. Especially when it makes your character do something they usually wouldn’t, although it would make for an interesting RP response.
@kijauni

You can reply, but it’s ultimately up to you.

And yes, it is funny to pick up an explosive out of nowhere. The sim is weird sometimes. Especially when it makes your character do something they usually wouldn’t, although it would make for an interesting RP response.
MyfNmKq.png
[quote name="TripKatt13" date="2019-11-12 08:35:41" ] @/3idolon I feel like you're twisting this for your own wishes [/quote] Oh ye of little faith [img]https://i.ibb.co/x6cfjjK/Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-12-53-44-PM.png[/img]
TripKatt13 wrote on 2019-11-12 08:35:41:
@/3idolon I feel like you're twisting this for your own wishes

Oh ye of little faith

Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-12-53-44-PM.png
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon

I’ve got my eye and a half on you - •
-
@3idolon

I’ve got my eye and a half on you - •
-
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
Foxglove backed away from the edge of the pit. She had seen enough, and she has half-regretting her decision already. "This seems less like a plan and more like an attempt to die as stupidly as possible," she muttered. The vibrations in the air had shifted, and she noticed with her Skydancer's sixth sense a strange emotion coming from Bimala, like respect. Respect for her, of all dragons? How curious. She forced a nonchalant grin. "So what can we do now? Stand around and wait for more cannon shots?" There had been so little deaths so far.

@Alurayune ^^
Foxglove backed away from the edge of the pit. She had seen enough, and she has half-regretting her decision already. "This seems less like a plan and more like an attempt to die as stupidly as possible," she muttered. The vibrations in the air had shifted, and she noticed with her Skydancer's sixth sense a strange emotion coming from Bimala, like respect. Respect for her, of all dragons? How curious. She forced a nonchalant grin. "So what can we do now? Stand around and wait for more cannon shots?" There had been so little deaths so far.

@Alurayune ^^
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 169 170