Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 169 170
Bimala frowned in confusion as she processed what Foxglove heard. So they were in an uneasy truce and Eternity was lecturing the Mirror while asking why he would kill a dragon, even though for all he knew he had killed her? That didn't make any sense. Was he blaming the other Mirror for killing her? Why'd they be in a truce if he thought she'd killed Bimala, though? Or perhaps...did he know she wasn't dead after all? Well, that wasn't the important thing here. Quickly looking over both dragons, Bimala noticed that the other Mirror had some very bad eyebags. Even if she hadn't slept since she entered the Arena, they still shouldn't have been so dark. Maybe she suffered from bad night terrors or nightmares? "Did that Mirror have those eyebags before the Games started?" She asked Foxglove. She hadn't really seen the other Mirror or not, but she didn't recall her ever having such bad eyebags. If she was right, then night terrors or nightmares and insomnia may actually be two of the symptoms caused by the atmosphere's change.
@Galatheid
Bimala frowned in confusion as she processed what Foxglove heard. So they were in an uneasy truce and Eternity was lecturing the Mirror while asking why he would kill a dragon, even though for all he knew he had killed her? That didn't make any sense. Was he blaming the other Mirror for killing her? Why'd they be in a truce if he thought she'd killed Bimala, though? Or perhaps...did he know she wasn't dead after all? Well, that wasn't the important thing here. Quickly looking over both dragons, Bimala noticed that the other Mirror had some very bad eyebags. Even if she hadn't slept since she entered the Arena, they still shouldn't have been so dark. Maybe she suffered from bad night terrors or nightmares? "Did that Mirror have those eyebags before the Games started?" She asked Foxglove. She hadn't really seen the other Mirror or not, but she didn't recall her ever having such bad eyebags. If she was right, then night terrors or nightmares and insomnia may actually be two of the symptoms caused by the atmosphere's change.
@Galatheid
hhhahah.png
[center][b]Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43268354] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/432684/43268354.png[/img] [/url][/center] ------ Chloe's vision went red. Her body protested as the ground underneath her froze solid. Her pupils dilated as she stared into nothing, crushing the snake wriggling in her talons. [i]Did I hear that right.[/i] Bimala was dead. And that goddamn tantrum throwing, sorriest excuse for an immortal she had [i]ever[/i] had killed her. She snarled. ------ No tributes came to disturb her pathetic sleep, which was fine with her. The python was still sunbathing on her wings but she didn't feel like eating it. Instead she rose to her feet and picked it up. "You're a lucky thing." she commented to no one and set off back into the trees. Not long after she observed shouting in the distance as another fight broke out. [i]Will we finally get more death?[/i] she mused. Then Eternity's laugh shook the ground and she snorted. [i]What will kill us all first, his shouting or the Capitol?[/i] She hadn't meant to walk by him or that other mirror she vaguely recognized from before but they were in the direction she went. There had been no desire to start a fight with either, well not until... ------ "I kill only when necessary, Demeter, that means when they challenge me, or when they stand in my way." [i]You lying son of a bi-[/i] "Bimala was an accident, she was not my fault!" She dug her claws in the frozen ground, crunching ice. [i][b]"Why would I kill another dragon!?"[/i][/b] "Because you're a goddamn lying son of the Shade!" she roared as she crashed in front of both and snatched the explosive that had fallen. "Really? [b]Really?![/b] You expect me to believe your perfect *** wouldn't snap that dragon's throat or burn me alive right now? That you didn't join a goddamn [b]murder[/b] game with the intention of killing others unfairly?" She wanted to laugh until she screamed. "Tell me, [i]please[/i] tell me how Bimala's death was such a tragic accident and just how sorry you feel about it. Was she sleeping when it happened? Was she already helpless you coward? Was it so awful and shameful a death that such a big bad mighty god had to lie about it?" She felt no fear as she stared down the imperial, she had seen far bigger than him and far deadlier gods and monsters. Her own clan had dragons far more intimidating then this sad creature. She held the explosive in her palm and stared at him, hatred in her eyes. "So tell me," she sneered up at him and armed the explosive, "before I blow us all to kingdom come." ------ [size=2]@Unterrestrial @TripKatt13
Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian

43268354.png

Chloe's vision went red. Her body protested as the ground underneath her froze solid. Her pupils dilated as she stared into nothing, crushing the snake wriggling in her talons. Did I hear that right. Bimala was dead. And that goddamn tantrum throwing, sorriest excuse for an immortal she had ever had killed her. She snarled.
No tributes came to disturb her pathetic sleep, which was fine with her. The python was still sunbathing on her wings but she didn't feel like eating it. Instead she rose to her feet and picked it up. "You're a lucky thing." she commented to no one and set off back into the trees. Not long after she observed shouting in the distance as another fight broke out. Will we finally get more death? she mused. Then Eternity's laugh shook the ground and she snorted. What will kill us all first, his shouting or the Capitol? She hadn't meant to walk by him or that other mirror she vaguely recognized from before but they were in the direction she went. There had been no desire to start a fight with either, well not until...
"I kill only when necessary, Demeter, that means when they challenge me, or when they stand in my way." You lying son of a bi- "Bimala was an accident, she was not my fault!" She dug her claws in the frozen ground, crunching ice. "Why would I kill another dragon!?"

"Because you're a goddamn lying son of the Shade!" she roared as she crashed in front of both and snatched the explosive that had fallen. "Really? Really?! You expect me to believe your perfect *** wouldn't snap that dragon's throat or burn me alive right now? That you didn't join a goddamn murder game with the intention of killing others unfairly?" She wanted to laugh until she screamed. "Tell me, please tell me how Bimala's death was such a tragic accident and just how sorry you feel about it. Was she sleeping when it happened? Was she already helpless you coward? Was it so awful and shameful a death that such a big bad mighty god had to lie about it?" She felt no fear as she stared down the imperial, she had seen far bigger than him and far deadlier gods and monsters. Her own clan had dragons far more intimidating then this sad creature. She held the explosive in her palm and stared at him, hatred in her eyes. "So tell me," she sneered up at him and armed the explosive, "before I blow us all to kingdom come."
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Foxglove frowned. “I don’t think so,” she replied. “Any competent dragon would know to sleep as much as they could beforehand, but the Mirror doesn’t have the highest intelligence that I know of.” A new voice entered the cacophony; this dragon’s emotions were fuming with rage, and Foxglove could hear her bellowing clearly. “One of your friends is screaming at the Imperial because he claimed your death was a supposed accident. How heartwarming,” she relayed in a bored voice. “Oh, she threatened to blow him up. I wouldn’t mind that; personally, I’m no fan of his.”

Eternity was too snobbish and overconfident for her to ever like him. Not to mention his superior attitude. Nonetheless, he had proven a clever tribute, although Foxglove knew she still could have outsmarted him had she attempted to. Too bad I had a change of plans, she thought wryly as she listened for the Imperial’s reply.

@Alurayune
Foxglove frowned. “I don’t think so,” she replied. “Any competent dragon would know to sleep as much as they could beforehand, but the Mirror doesn’t have the highest intelligence that I know of.” A new voice entered the cacophony; this dragon’s emotions were fuming with rage, and Foxglove could hear her bellowing clearly. “One of your friends is screaming at the Imperial because he claimed your death was a supposed accident. How heartwarming,” she relayed in a bored voice. “Oh, she threatened to blow him up. I wouldn’t mind that; personally, I’m no fan of his.”

Eternity was too snobbish and overconfident for her to ever like him. Not to mention his superior attitude. Nonetheless, he had proven a clever tribute, although Foxglove knew she still could have outsmarted him had she attempted to. Too bad I had a change of plans, she thought wryly as she listened for the Imperial’s reply.

@Alurayune
Magnus | District 6 | Ice | Imperial
After having left, Magnus had left himself to thaw rather than use a simple counterspell. Warm sunlight streamed through the foliage. What a beautiful day. Shame he had such an awful morning, or he would've enjoyed it more.

Eyeing a small, jutting cliffside, he spread his shining blue wings. The Imperial kicked off from the ground, bringing the appendages on his back down. It didn't take much until he was perched on top, looking down at his surroundings.

Down to the left was a Wildclaw with a trident. He seemed to be in the middle of hunting with how he stalked through the brush. Over to the right, five dragons were storming what looked to be Wendigo's camp. He watched, feeling rage boil deep inside his stomach as he noticed that both Eternity and Demeter were part of this group.

Magnus' tail lolled off the cliffside as Chloe came into the picture. She was belligerent, howling angry words that were indiscernible from the distance between himself and her. He decided to wait and watch what would happen.
Magnus | District 6 | Ice | Imperial
After having left, Magnus had left himself to thaw rather than use a simple counterspell. Warm sunlight streamed through the foliage. What a beautiful day. Shame he had such an awful morning, or he would've enjoyed it more.

Eyeing a small, jutting cliffside, he spread his shining blue wings. The Imperial kicked off from the ground, bringing the appendages on his back down. It didn't take much until he was perched on top, looking down at his surroundings.

Down to the left was a Wildclaw with a trident. He seemed to be in the middle of hunting with how he stalked through the brush. Over to the right, five dragons were storming what looked to be Wendigo's camp. He watched, feeling rage boil deep inside his stomach as he noticed that both Eternity and Demeter were part of this group.

Magnus' tail lolled off the cliffside as Chloe came into the picture. She was belligerent, howling angry words that were indiscernible from the distance between himself and her. He decided to wait and watch what would happen.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
Well, Foxglove's answer was less definitive than Bimala wanted. Oh well, she'd file night terrors, nightmares and insomnia under things to consider anyway. Just as she was preparing to examine the other dragons, she nearly fell out of the tree as Chloe crashed in front of the two dragons. As Foxglove relayed what Chloe had screamed, her mind went into overdrive. How exactly do you kill a sleeping dragon on accident? Was Eternity just very bad at sensing things and mistook her for something? "Uh, Foxglove? Do you know any ways to accidentally kill a sleeping dragon or is Eternity just very bad at judging what's harmless and what's not?" Well, more importantly, if Chloe really did threaten to blow all three of them up, Bimala and Foxglove needed to move, as much as it pained Bimala. She wanted nothing more than to reveal herself, but it would put the Skydancer in danger too. Reluctantly, she quickly examined Chloe, noting her higher-than-usual body temperature. A fever? Could that be one of the symptoms? After taking note of that, she looked for the other Tributes she had seen, though it seemed like they'd retreated already. Sensing a presence in a cave some distance away, she whispered to Foxglove, "Chloe has a fever, maybe it could be another symptom. Other than that, we're done here. There's a cave some ways away with another Tribute in it, maybe we should check it out next. It's not safe to stay here anymore anyways." Goodbye, Chloe. Maybe we can meet again sometime. I hope you'll forgive me for making you think I was dead.
@Galatheid
Well, Foxglove's answer was less definitive than Bimala wanted. Oh well, she'd file night terrors, nightmares and insomnia under things to consider anyway. Just as she was preparing to examine the other dragons, she nearly fell out of the tree as Chloe crashed in front of the two dragons. As Foxglove relayed what Chloe had screamed, her mind went into overdrive. How exactly do you kill a sleeping dragon on accident? Was Eternity just very bad at sensing things and mistook her for something? "Uh, Foxglove? Do you know any ways to accidentally kill a sleeping dragon or is Eternity just very bad at judging what's harmless and what's not?" Well, more importantly, if Chloe really did threaten to blow all three of them up, Bimala and Foxglove needed to move, as much as it pained Bimala. She wanted nothing more than to reveal herself, but it would put the Skydancer in danger too. Reluctantly, she quickly examined Chloe, noting her higher-than-usual body temperature. A fever? Could that be one of the symptoms? After taking note of that, she looked for the other Tributes she had seen, though it seemed like they'd retreated already. Sensing a presence in a cave some distance away, she whispered to Foxglove, "Chloe has a fever, maybe it could be another symptom. Other than that, we're done here. There's a cave some ways away with another Tribute in it, maybe we should check it out next. It's not safe to stay here anymore anyways." Goodbye, Chloe. Maybe we can meet again sometime. I hope you'll forgive me for making you think I was dead.
@Galatheid
hhhahah.png
Eternity

Eternity stood there, stunned at everything. His boggled brain couldn't believe all that was happening. So, he laughed. He laughed and laughed until he couldn't breathe. At which point, he took the explosive, swallowed it, letting the damned thing explode in the ball of fire and shadow he had created in his stomach, allowing a small burp of smoke to escape.

Harmless normally it may be, but damned if it wasn't his favorite party favor. He took a deep breath, and sent the sharp daggers coated with the poison of his small friend who was still hidden, one at Chloe, two at the hidden shadows. Nothing, escaped his purview, especially in the dark.

"Well... My nature is of no concern to you, but as for your questions... I understand your mind is clouded with grief. That this is all a terrible moment for you, a friend of yours has... died. At least, as far as you know. So, lets put this straight.

"I, did not kill her. Purposefully, at least. it is just like you said, we are in a game of cat and mouse, one where even the smallest mis-step will lead to your death. I had just gotten off a high of rage, fear and anger. My hunger and thirst had sent me into a state of primal instinct, one you would never understand.

"I heard a noise to the side, so I raced after it, intent on stopping whoever this foe was, and it turned to just be Bimala. By the time I realized who she was and how she was harmless, it was too late. I ran off, knowing how dangerous the crowd had become, and realizing I had made a mistake.

"But let me make one thing clear, Guardian, I kill out of necessity. Not because I enjoy it, or because I get praised for the deaths that happen in this arena. Not because I love the fear and rage necessary to perform it, or the sadness and guilt that come after.

"I kill when I have no other options left, or when my Honour is challenged. I did not want to kill the Mirror. I just needed food and water, and when my emotions were high, when I had near-no control over my mind, I heard her, and attacked.

"Do not think I have no guilt over this, do not believe that I am heartless. I entered these games to test my skill, to protect my clan, and to keep my Nephews and Nieces out of this. So look me in my eyes, and challenge my honour.

"What looks like cruelty to you, what looks like Arrogance and Pretentiousness, is how I grieve. She was an innocent, who's life was taken by these damned games. Trust me, should I ever get my paw on that damned coordinator, I'll rip his guts and flay him alive, feed him his own claws. You grieve with anger and desperation.

"So I dare you to look at me, and see what you thought you did. To project your damned emotions on me, and believe that I am not sorry for her death. She volunteered for this much like me, or you, or ANYONE ELSE IN THIS GODS-DAMNED ARENA! I ask you," His eyes, one burning flame that seemed to come out of his socket with shadows dancing, the other a pale fire, shadows dotting it, staring right into her soul

"Do you really believe I have no grief? No sadness? For her 'Death'?"

He chuckled wryly in his head, certain nobody heard him. Did they all REALLY believe she was asleep? It was the arena! Fools.
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayane
@Disastrousabsol
WHOOOOOO!!!!!!
Eternity

Eternity stood there, stunned at everything. His boggled brain couldn't believe all that was happening. So, he laughed. He laughed and laughed until he couldn't breathe. At which point, he took the explosive, swallowed it, letting the damned thing explode in the ball of fire and shadow he had created in his stomach, allowing a small burp of smoke to escape.

Harmless normally it may be, but damned if it wasn't his favorite party favor. He took a deep breath, and sent the sharp daggers coated with the poison of his small friend who was still hidden, one at Chloe, two at the hidden shadows. Nothing, escaped his purview, especially in the dark.

"Well... My nature is of no concern to you, but as for your questions... I understand your mind is clouded with grief. That this is all a terrible moment for you, a friend of yours has... died. At least, as far as you know. So, lets put this straight.

"I, did not kill her. Purposefully, at least. it is just like you said, we are in a game of cat and mouse, one where even the smallest mis-step will lead to your death. I had just gotten off a high of rage, fear and anger. My hunger and thirst had sent me into a state of primal instinct, one you would never understand.

"I heard a noise to the side, so I raced after it, intent on stopping whoever this foe was, and it turned to just be Bimala. By the time I realized who she was and how she was harmless, it was too late. I ran off, knowing how dangerous the crowd had become, and realizing I had made a mistake.

"But let me make one thing clear, Guardian, I kill out of necessity. Not because I enjoy it, or because I get praised for the deaths that happen in this arena. Not because I love the fear and rage necessary to perform it, or the sadness and guilt that come after.

"I kill when I have no other options left, or when my Honour is challenged. I did not want to kill the Mirror. I just needed food and water, and when my emotions were high, when I had near-no control over my mind, I heard her, and attacked.

"Do not think I have no guilt over this, do not believe that I am heartless. I entered these games to test my skill, to protect my clan, and to keep my Nephews and Nieces out of this. So look me in my eyes, and challenge my honour.

"What looks like cruelty to you, what looks like Arrogance and Pretentiousness, is how I grieve. She was an innocent, who's life was taken by these damned games. Trust me, should I ever get my paw on that damned coordinator, I'll rip his guts and flay him alive, feed him his own claws. You grieve with anger and desperation.

"So I dare you to look at me, and see what you thought you did. To project your damned emotions on me, and believe that I am not sorry for her death. She volunteered for this much like me, or you, or ANYONE ELSE IN THIS GODS-DAMNED ARENA! I ask you," His eyes, one burning flame that seemed to come out of his socket with shadows dancing, the other a pale fire, shadows dotting it, staring right into her soul

"Do you really believe I have no grief? No sadness? For her 'Death'?"

He chuckled wryly in his head, certain nobody heard him. Did they all REALLY believe she was asleep? It was the arena! Fools.
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayane
@Disastrousabsol
WHOOOOOO!!!!!!
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
Foxglove followed Bimala away from the camp. "I wouldn't be surprised if he mistook you for a bird," she said wryly, listening in to the fading conversation as they left. "Oh, wait, that's literally impossible. No, I'm certain he attacked on purpose." Did he eat the explosive? That's a power play if I've ever seen one. She stopped; a knife had flew out of nowhere and skidded over to them. "Poisoned," she muttered as she paused, straining her ears to hear the Imperial. "He said that he heard you, and attacked because he had 'near-no control'. How in the world to you hear a sleeping dragon and see them as a threat?"

The Imperial finally stopped monologuing, but the last sentence echoed in Foxglove's mind. "He said 'death' in a strange way," she said slowly. "Almost as if he suspects you're not dead."

@Alurayune (I'm going to go to sleep! Goodnight ^^)
@TripKatt13
Foxglove followed Bimala away from the camp. "I wouldn't be surprised if he mistook you for a bird," she said wryly, listening in to the fading conversation as they left. "Oh, wait, that's literally impossible. No, I'm certain he attacked on purpose." Did he eat the explosive? That's a power play if I've ever seen one. She stopped; a knife had flew out of nowhere and skidded over to them. "Poisoned," she muttered as she paused, straining her ears to hear the Imperial. "He said that he heard you, and attacked because he had 'near-no control'. How in the world to you hear a sleeping dragon and see them as a threat?"

The Imperial finally stopped monologuing, but the last sentence echoed in Foxglove's mind. "He said 'death' in a strange way," she said slowly. "Almost as if he suspects you're not dead."

@Alurayune (I'm going to go to sleep! Goodnight ^^)
@TripKatt13
[center][b]Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43268354] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/432684/43268354.png[/img] [/url][/center] ------ Two dark dragons huddle over a decorated mirror in the shadows, watching the event unfold. It was banned throughout the clan to watch these things after Storm but it seems no one wanted to enforce that rule among the Wild. The [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=390580&tab=dragon&did=42097065]skydancer[/url] said nothing as the dark imperial waxed on about his supposed grief. Her [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=390580&did=45039868]companion[/url] was also silent as he delivered the intricate crystal to its holding box. "So," Stardust spoke in a monotone voice, barely glancing back at a third dragon in the shadows, "what do you make of him and the others?" ------ The instant he lunged Chloe snapped her claw out and struck the imperial's face and let it bleed, her ice magic in his blood stream, whether that would kill him or not she would have to see. She howled with laughter at his statement of honor. "Oh! I see you're just a hatchling still, who believes in myths like that. Wake up, there is no honor in this world, there is no 'karma' or any systems keeping us bound to a way of like. You want to know the difference between the gods and those like me? We don't have the power to reshape the earth whenever we decide to throw a fit. They didn't put some holy convenient law in reality for us to follow. Those who believe in honor are high of their own superiority, they judge those around them with their clouded minds and quite frankly I can't [i]stand[/i] those like you." The knife bounced off her still glassy arm and fell completely harmless. She picked it up and stuffed it in her belt. "I believe you have no grief, I believe you're a tantrum throwing giant who always wants his way and will always justify whatever he has to do with his oh so special words. I understand your primal fury well, I've seen it with my own eyes." [i]Don't be so foolish to assume my past or what I am.[/i] "I 'project' my emotions because you roar them half way across the arena every damn time you stub a precious toe." she gestured at his ridiculous mask. "Don't talk to me of your grief and sadness or repulsion at killing when you signed up for a game built on blood and sport. Did we join?" [i]No, an unnamed b*****d out there tried to have Nathaniel murdered.[/i] "Yes, but at least we don't go pretending we're some tragic beast who just had no choice. Go cry me a river brat and find someone else to yell foolish ideas and moral talks at." ------ The third dragon looked up from the shadows, and the bleeding nymph he was cradling, starry eyes obscuring his expression as he stared at the imperial. "What do I think?" he mused as he reached out to grasp a silver cup. "Well quite frankly," the cup shattered in his grasp, opposite to his almost cheery and carefree tone. "I hate him!" [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=390580&did=48959562]Rook[/url] laughed. ------ [size=2]@Unterrestrial @TripKatt13
Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian

43268354.png

Two dark dragons huddle over a decorated mirror in the shadows, watching the event unfold. It was banned throughout the clan to watch these things after Storm but it seems no one wanted to enforce that rule among the Wild. The skydancer said nothing as the dark imperial waxed on about his supposed grief. Her companion was also silent as he delivered the intricate crystal to its holding box. "So," Stardust spoke in a monotone voice, barely glancing back at a third dragon in the shadows, "what do you make of him and the others?"
The instant he lunged Chloe snapped her claw out and struck the imperial's face and let it bleed, her ice magic in his blood stream, whether that would kill him or not she would have to see. She howled with laughter at his statement of honor. "Oh! I see you're just a hatchling still, who believes in myths like that. Wake up, there is no honor in this world, there is no 'karma' or any systems keeping us bound to a way of like. You want to know the difference between the gods and those like me? We don't have the power to reshape the earth whenever we decide to throw a fit. They didn't put some holy convenient law in reality for us to follow. Those who believe in honor are high of their own superiority, they judge those around them with their clouded minds and quite frankly I can't stand those like you."

The knife bounced off her still glassy arm and fell completely harmless. She picked it up and stuffed it in her belt. "I believe you have no grief, I believe you're a tantrum throwing giant who always wants his way and will always justify whatever he has to do with his oh so special words. I understand your primal fury well, I've seen it with my own eyes." Don't be so foolish to assume my past or what I am. "I 'project' my emotions because you roar them half way across the arena every damn time you stub a precious toe." she gestured at his ridiculous mask. "Don't talk to me of your grief and sadness or repulsion at killing when you signed up for a game built on blood and sport. Did we join?" No, an unnamed b*****d out there tried to have Nathaniel murdered. "Yes, but at least we don't go pretending we're some tragic beast who just had no choice. Go cry me a river brat and find someone else to yell foolish ideas and moral talks at."
The third dragon looked up from the shadows, and the bleeding nymph he was cradling, starry eyes obscuring his expression as he stared at the imperial. "What do I think?" he mused as he reached out to grasp a silver cup. "Well quite frankly," the cup shattered in his grasp, opposite to his almost cheery and carefree tone. "I hate him!" Rook laughed.
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Quickly sidestepping to dodge a knife Eternity had thrown her way, Bimala smiled slightly at Foxglove's comment. Annoying as they may be when directed at the poor dragon themselves, she had to admit it was very entertaining for everyone else to hear. She picked up the knife and tossed it away.

Suddenly, a stinging pain reappeared, right beneath her belt. One of her wounds must have reopened. Perhaps she was putting too much strain on herself, but she'd have to bear it. Tightening her belt to stop the bleeding, Bimala theorised, "Eternity claims to be a god, right? Maybe he entered into some primal or berserk state and that was how he saw me as a threat. In any case, we'll have to be careful if we plan to work with him to escape. If he goes into that state and loses control again, there's no telling what he could do." Just as she finished speaking, she froze mid-step at Foxglove's next sentence. "Well, he did sense that we were spying on him. Maybe he also knew exactly who we were...?" She just hoped he wouldn't go and expose them. If he said it out and the Capitol believed him...best not to think about what would happen.
@Galatheid Goodnight!
Quickly sidestepping to dodge a knife Eternity had thrown her way, Bimala smiled slightly at Foxglove's comment. Annoying as they may be when directed at the poor dragon themselves, she had to admit it was very entertaining for everyone else to hear. She picked up the knife and tossed it away.

Suddenly, a stinging pain reappeared, right beneath her belt. One of her wounds must have reopened. Perhaps she was putting too much strain on herself, but she'd have to bear it. Tightening her belt to stop the bleeding, Bimala theorised, "Eternity claims to be a god, right? Maybe he entered into some primal or berserk state and that was how he saw me as a threat. In any case, we'll have to be careful if we plan to work with him to escape. If he goes into that state and loses control again, there's no telling what he could do." Just as she finished speaking, she froze mid-step at Foxglove's next sentence. "Well, he did sense that we were spying on him. Maybe he also knew exactly who we were...?" She just hoped he wouldn't go and expose them. If he said it out and the Capitol believed him...best not to think about what would happen.
@Galatheid Goodnight!
hhhahah.png
Eternity

Eternity stared at the angry Guardian, as she picked up his knife. Fat lot of good it would do her, it was tied to his fire magic. Speaking of which, his shadow magic easily counteracted the blow from her claw.

"Hilarious. Hilarious, that you think I would ever sign up willingly. No one but the insane does that. I probably shouldn't say this. No, I really shouldn't. But I must.

"My Niece, Ceriwen, was almost entered, by one of my greatest enemies. So I volunteered in her place. I feel like I owe you this much. So you know just how foolish I truly am.

"You cry and grieve for the girl, yet you call me out for being foolish to join these games. If you understood them, you would know that her death was inevitable. If it was in her sleep, at least it was painless. That is more mercy than many here would giver her.

"I am not a God. I am a Dragon, with powers given to me by my parents, and I do not want them. They have costed me my family, brought me nothing but pain. I ease that by believing in honour and morals in a desecrated world fit for no one. They may cloud my mind, but they keep me living.

"Besides, if you believe that some more strength and a dash of a long lifespan keep me happy, makes me a child who just whines and creates up some rules to keep myself happy, then you are just a fool. I hope you do not understand my pain. It's been there since the time I hatched, and watched as my brother began to hate me, and now wishes for my death. I am not a God. I am a foolish Dragon, who cannot accept that the world is so black and white."

His internalized grief threatened to explode, but he held it inside, closed his eyes, and waited for her rant on how he was stupid, would die, that just because he had his beliefs and heritage, she hated him because he had it easy. Like she knew.
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
Eternity

Eternity stared at the angry Guardian, as she picked up his knife. Fat lot of good it would do her, it was tied to his fire magic. Speaking of which, his shadow magic easily counteracted the blow from her claw.

"Hilarious. Hilarious, that you think I would ever sign up willingly. No one but the insane does that. I probably shouldn't say this. No, I really shouldn't. But I must.

"My Niece, Ceriwen, was almost entered, by one of my greatest enemies. So I volunteered in her place. I feel like I owe you this much. So you know just how foolish I truly am.

"You cry and grieve for the girl, yet you call me out for being foolish to join these games. If you understood them, you would know that her death was inevitable. If it was in her sleep, at least it was painless. That is more mercy than many here would giver her.

"I am not a God. I am a Dragon, with powers given to me by my parents, and I do not want them. They have costed me my family, brought me nothing but pain. I ease that by believing in honour and morals in a desecrated world fit for no one. They may cloud my mind, but they keep me living.

"Besides, if you believe that some more strength and a dash of a long lifespan keep me happy, makes me a child who just whines and creates up some rules to keep myself happy, then you are just a fool. I hope you do not understand my pain. It's been there since the time I hatched, and watched as my brother began to hate me, and now wishes for my death. I am not a God. I am a foolish Dragon, who cannot accept that the world is so black and white."

His internalized grief threatened to explode, but he held it inside, closed his eyes, and waited for her rant on how he was stupid, would die, that just because he had his beliefs and heritage, she hated him because he had it easy. Like she knew.
@Lednik
@Unterrestrial
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 169 170