Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23
Poseidon, being God of the Sea, is a merman. So in his dragon form of the Fae, he shows me his head fins, scales and yet there is flesh and waves so I don't confuse the scales with just dragon scales but recognize him as the God of the sea. He was correct. There was no confusing who he is. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/f/f4/Poseidon_%28Age_of_Mythology%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171005155658.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=26&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=76&tertgene=18&winggene=15&wings=149&auth=9c69c910fc918f27bbf70852353cc027def362b5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Breed: Fae Gender: Male Primary Gene: Laced Primary Color: Caribbean Secondary Gene: Saturn Secondary Color: Turquoise Tertiary Gene: Capsule Tertiary Color: Tan Element: Light Eye Type: Glowing
Poseidon, being God of the Sea, is a merman. So in his dragon form of the Fae, he shows me his head fins, scales and yet there is flesh and waves so I don't confuse the scales with just dragon scales but recognize him as the God of the sea. He was correct. There was no confusing who he is.

latest?cb=20171005155658.png

dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=26&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=76&tertgene=18&winggene=15&wings=149&auth=9c69c910fc918f27bbf70852353cc027def362b5&dummyext=prev.png

Breed: Fae
Primary Gene: Laced
Primary Color: Caribbean
Secondary Gene: Saturn
Secondary Color: Turquoise
Tertiary Gene: Capsule
Tertiary Color: Tan
Element: Light
Eye Type: Glowing
bsj_scrying_contest_pin.png
[b]Poseidon, Ruler of the Seas[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=151&bodygene=3&breed=14&element=4&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=36&auth=a1457019e961df2c58d6f2a79b47dfcb5901e46f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [LIST] [*]Phthalo Clown: A deep murky blue color with a pattern that looks like barnacles [*]Swamp Noxtide: The color pattern of a poisonous fish, showing he is not to be messed with [*]Caribbean Capsule: The seas are a part of him as much as he is of them [*]Bogsneak Breed: Reminiscent of a sea serpent with its snake-like tongue and lanky body [/LIST]
Poseidon, Ruler of the Seas

dragon?age=1&body=151&bodygene=3&breed=14&element=4&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=36&auth=a1457019e961df2c58d6f2a79b47dfcb5901e46f&dummyext=prev.png
  • Phthalo Clown: A deep murky blue color with a pattern that looks like barnacles
  • Swamp Noxtide: The color pattern of a poisonous fish, showing he is not to be messed with
  • Caribbean Capsule: The seas are a part of him as much as he is of them
  • Bogsneak Breed: Reminiscent of a sea serpent with its snake-like tongue and lanky body
O5nA62f.pngDCd1YMi.png
they/them (21)
dragons make my brain go brrrrr
I love writing lore...
... But I never seem to do it XD
[b]Poseidon[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=5&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=21&winggene=25&wings=27&auth=e7b35dec86194a3921e4f29b8c161b08164c1054&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I tried to incorporate a few diffrent asspectss of Poseidon for this design. On top of being god of the sea, Poseidon was also god of horses. This is why I chose a pearlcatcher with a house like mane to depict him (and also because the peal). The dark and stormy wings represents being god of storms. The filigree is there because I wanted to incorporate a earthy color for God of earth quales and to show off his royalty. The turquoise python was actual more of a biology thing. In the oceans animals evolved dark backs and very light bellys. This is so they blend into the background for any predator or prey looking up or down.
Poseidon

dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=5&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=21&winggene=25&wings=27&auth=e7b35dec86194a3921e4f29b8c161b08164c1054&dummyext=prev.png

I tried to incorporate a few diffrent asspectss of Poseidon for this design. On top of being god of the sea, Poseidon was also god of horses. This is why I chose a pearlcatcher with a house like mane to depict him (and also because the peal). The dark and stormy wings represents being god of storms. The filigree is there because I wanted to incorporate a earthy color for God of earth quales and to show off his royalty.
The turquoise python was actual more of a biology thing. In the oceans animals evolved dark backs and very light bellys. This is so they blend into the background for any predator or prey looking up or down.
3Mji0Ul.png
Poseidon: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=1&breed=5&element=4&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=90&tertgene=15&winggene=1&wings=169&auth=34db4f8421061ac7c2fd41555e892d724a770ec4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Ridgeback - Ignoring canon lore that they hate water, chosen for the swordfish-like nose and extra spikes that make him seem more water-influenced. Colors - Made to look like a colorful nudibranch. [url=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h7NVfFNKb10/T-3wHdiT15I/AAAAAAAACLk/gbFyqakAQco/s400/nudibranch3.jpg]This nudibranch[/url] was my model. The ocean is full of colorful, wondrous creatures. Why would the god of such a beautiful place only be blue? The ocean is packed full of so many more colors than that. My Poseidon is just as beautiful as the diverse creatures that call his domain home. Eyes - Water, obviously, what good is an ocean god without the ability to control water? I chose unusual eyes for the bright blue is bestows. It reminds me of the blue waters in the Caribbean Sea.
Poseidon:
dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=1&breed=5&element=4&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=90&tertgene=15&winggene=1&wings=169&auth=34db4f8421061ac7c2fd41555e892d724a770ec4&dummyext=prev.png

Ridgeback -
Ignoring canon lore that they hate water, chosen for the swordfish-like nose and extra spikes that make him seem more water-influenced.

Colors -
Made to look like a colorful nudibranch. This nudibranch was my model. The ocean is full of colorful, wondrous creatures. Why would the god of such a beautiful place only be blue? The ocean is packed full of so many more colors than that. My Poseidon is just as beautiful as the diverse creatures that call his domain home.

Eyes -
Water, obviously, what good is an ocean god without the ability to control water? I chose unusual eyes for the bright blue is bestows. It reminds me of the blue waters in the Caribbean Sea.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=6&breed=8&element=4&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=6&winggene=4&wings=28&auth=2507cf5e4488227ed7d29190de83bfff296a79d6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [quote]Poseidon was god of the sea, earthquakes, storms, and horses and is considered one of the most bad-tempered, moody and greedy Olympian gods.[/quote] Imperials look most similar to the traditional image of a sea serpent or the kraken. They are also somewhat similar to horses, since Poseidon is God of Horses. The bar gene mirrors some of the deep sea creatures - and of course, the color is Abyss to emphasize the great depth. The blotchiness comes from all of the debris that is left floating out at sea - secondary color being Caribbean (of course). The tertiary emulates not only the light sifting down from the surface and how it refracts through the water, but also the sediment that accumulates on ships or anything else that has been lost to the sea. Additionally, the crackle represents the deep fissures that form - both below and above the ocean's surface - from Poseidon's earthquakes. Lastly, the glowing eyes indicate Poseidon's raging temper that threatens to erupt (pun only slightly intentional) at any moment.
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=6&breed=8&element=4&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=6&winggene=4&wings=28&auth=2507cf5e4488227ed7d29190de83bfff296a79d6&dummyext=prev.png
Quote:
Poseidon was god of the sea, earthquakes, storms, and horses and is considered one of the most bad-tempered, moody and greedy Olympian gods.

Imperials look most similar to the traditional image of a sea serpent or the kraken. They are also somewhat similar to horses, since Poseidon is God of Horses.

The bar gene mirrors some of the deep sea creatures - and of course, the color is Abyss to emphasize the great depth. The blotchiness comes from all of the debris that is left floating out at sea - secondary color being Caribbean (of course).

The tertiary emulates not only the light sifting down from the surface and how it refracts through the water, but also the sediment that accumulates on ships or anything else that has been lost to the sea. Additionally, the crackle represents the deep fissures that form - both below and above the ocean's surface - from Poseidon's earthquakes.

Lastly, the glowing eyes indicate Poseidon's raging temper that threatens to erupt (pun only slightly intentional) at any moment.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=7&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=90&auth=cd7a1d61b3239fb4bfc178408f7dd6a98c5f4d9e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Going for the obvious breed like most people! The primary is Abyss Crystal, because 'Abyss' evokes associations with the deepsea & I wanted him to have a dark mysterious color like this. & since it was said he has a crystalline palace deep down in said abyss I gave him Crystal. Noxtide is the counterpart of Lionfish so I always think of sea-beings with that gene & it is the upper, 'carrying' part of the Guardian, so I made the color Ultramarine (translating to 'above the sea') as Poseidon influenced the surface too of course & could either carry or sink ships. Also it has a nice lighter accent color that connects well to the tert i gave him - Aqua Capsule. Those two are very obvious. Finally Water eyes of course & glowing yet again because of the deepsea & its many fluorescent creatures & the mysterious vibes both give off! First I really wanted to bring in horses in some way, but I didn't like the results of my ideas... [sub][s]Also yesterday I was immediately like 'ooh I need to use the Jupiter gene for the counterpart' & for some dumb reason?? I realized too late?? that that time would have already been yesterday?? aaahh I was so ready for it that i missed it sdfghjkl[/s]
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=7&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=90&auth=cd7a1d61b3239fb4bfc178408f7dd6a98c5f4d9e&dummyext=prev.png

Going for the obvious breed like most people!
The primary is Abyss Crystal, because 'Abyss' evokes associations with the deepsea & I wanted him to have a dark mysterious color like this. & since it was said he has a crystalline palace deep down in said abyss I gave him Crystal.
Noxtide is the counterpart of Lionfish so I always think of sea-beings with that gene & it is the upper, 'carrying' part of the Guardian, so I made the color Ultramarine (translating to 'above the sea') as Poseidon influenced the surface too of course & could either carry or sink ships. Also it has a nice lighter accent color that connects well to the tert i gave him - Aqua Capsule. Those two are very obvious.
Finally Water eyes of course & glowing yet again because of the deepsea & its many fluorescent creatures & the mysterious vibes both give off!
First I really wanted to bring in horses in some way, but I didn't like the results of my ideas...

Also yesterday I was immediately like 'ooh I need to use the Jupiter gene for the counterpart' & for some dumb reason?? I realized too late?? that that time would have already been yesterday?? aaahh I was so ready for it that i missed it sdfghjkl
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
@/AceChaser @/Juxta13 Posiden is the god of horses, too? That more ya know- I never knew he did more than just the ocean!

please don't reply directly here!
@/AceChaser @/Juxta13 Posiden is the god of horses, too? That more ya know- I never knew he did more than just the ocean!

please don't reply directly here!
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=5&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=31&tertgene=23&winggene=6&wings=30&auth=b0c7e836327d46cb2145c82284adf15ef4439b42&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I used abyss ripple to represent the deepest parts of the sea and aqua current to represent the shallower parts. Seafoam ringlets represents the seafoam on the sea and ringlets looks a bit like the foamy bit on the tops of waves. I used water goat eyes as he is also the god of horses and goats are the closest thing to horses I could get and the water element is kind of obvious. He is a guardian because they are a water breed.
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=5&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=31&tertgene=23&winggene=6&wings=30&auth=b0c7e836327d46cb2145c82284adf15ef4439b42&dummyext=prev.png

I used abyss ripple to represent the deepest parts of the sea and aqua current to represent the shallower parts. Seafoam ringlets represents the seafoam on the sea and ringlets looks a bit like the foamy bit on the tops of waves. I used water goat eyes as he is also the god of horses and goats are the closest thing to horses I could get and the water element is kind of obvious. He is a guardian because they are a water breed.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center][b][size=5]Poseidon [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=21&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=22&winggene=26&wings=22&auth=6fe4464aba924a394dbf42ddbf579293e3942a74&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/size][/b] Carribean Tapir Splash Edged Grapefruit Firefly Earth Primal[/center] Pearlcatcher was chosen because they resemble horses, animals that Poseidon created, and they hold pearls, an object that comes from the ocean. Earth primal eyes reference Poseidon's domain over earthquakes. Carribean tapir resembles ocean currents and has a nice gradient going from bright to dark as it moves down the legs, like the light zones of the ocean itself. Splash edged resembles fish scale, and while Poseidon was rarely depicted as a merman, his son Triton was commonly shown as one. Splash is also a water related name, and Carribean is one of the oceans of the world. Grapefruit firefly is a nod to biology, since many organisms in the deep ocean exhibit some kind of bioluminescence.
Poseidon
dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=21&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=22&winggene=26&wings=22&auth=6fe4464aba924a394dbf42ddbf579293e3942a74&dummyext=prev.png

Carribean Tapir
Splash Edged
Grapefruit Firefly
Earth Primal

Pearlcatcher was chosen because they resemble horses, animals that Poseidon created, and they hold pearls, an object that comes from the ocean. Earth primal eyes reference Poseidon's domain over earthquakes. Carribean tapir resembles ocean currents and has a nice gradient going from bright to dark as it moves down the legs, like the light zones of the ocean itself. Splash edged resembles fish scale, and while Poseidon was rarely depicted as a merman, his son Triton was commonly shown as one. Splash is also a water related name, and Carribean is one of the oceans of the world. Grapefruit firefly is a nod to biology, since many organisms in the deep ocean exhibit some kind of bioluminescence.
1WhYQHt.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=4&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=18&winggene=16&wings=21&auth=2f68aa0b631357b97ac0c887b3331ffbc3c9afc3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Upon a [b]wild and reckless[/b] sea, The light begins anew [b]Reflects the sky[/b] high above In [b]Caribbean/Blue[/b] The [b]spinner dolphins[/b] crest the waves The surface, they break through To kiss the sky high above In Caribbean blue Their king, [b]he holds the sea himself[/b] For that he always knew The sea below and sky above Are Caribbean blue[/center]
dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=4&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=30&tertgene=18&winggene=16&wings=21&auth=2f68aa0b631357b97ac0c887b3331ffbc3c9afc3&dummyext=prev.png
Upon a wild and reckless sea,
The light begins anew
Reflects the sky high above
In Caribbean/Blue

The spinner dolphins crest the waves
The surface, they break through
To kiss the sky high above
In Caribbean blue

Their king, he holds the sea himself
For that he always knew
The sea below and sky above
Are Caribbean blue