Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 141 142
@Dakala

That's amazing!!! Also, don't ever apologize for dumping your lore on me, I love hearing about other people's lore! If you ever want to talk to me about it more in depth, feel free to message me!!! Jennifer sounds amazing! It sounds like having a J name makes for a great villain!

oh boi yeah he's in for a surprise
@Dakala

That's amazing!!! Also, don't ever apologize for dumping your lore on me, I love hearing about other people's lore! If you ever want to talk to me about it more in depth, feel free to message me!!! Jennifer sounds amazing! It sounds like having a J name makes for a great villain!

oh boi yeah he's in for a surprise
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Kizzan

Here it is! Would you like me to add you to the pinglist? Or do you want to wait until you catch up?
@Kizzan

Here it is! Would you like me to add you to the pinglist? Or do you want to wait until you catch up?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/107#post_42575968]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 121: Connections[/u][/b] [item=myosotis Fox][item=citrus lionfish] Sentence: New Dragon, 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55367334][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55367334&skin=0&apparel=27351,30057,30062,30814&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Corinn hummed a song to herself as she wandered through the strange wild ruins she found herself in. It was such a beautiful day, even if she couldn't see the sun in the darkness of the Tangled Wood. Of course, that didn't change the fact that she was totally and completely lost. She had been trying to find a way to the Sunbeam Ruins, but she seemed to have gotten a little sidetracked while she was traversing through the Tangled Wood. She couldn't find where she was on her map at all. Corinn perked up as she heard the movement of a large dragon through the thick undergrowth. Maybe she could get some directions! Picking up her pace with bounding leaps, she followed the trail of the larger dragon until she came across a ridgeback slinking through the woods. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55991001][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55991001&skin=20621&apparel=17139,1708,13819,13795,13811,13835,13843,13851&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Excuse me!" She piped up, trying to get the ridgeback's attention. She didn't seem to hear her, so she shouted longer. "Excuse me, miss?!" "Leave me alone!" The ridgeback whirled around with a hiss. Corinn's eyes widened with shock, and she took a few steps back. "Oh, sorry for bothering you," she said gently. Clearly, the ridgeback wasn't having a good day. The ridgeback watched her through narrowed eyes, as though waiting for her to leave. The mirror complied. Corinn hadn't gone far into the forest again when she ran into another dragon. She didn't see him coming, all of a sudden a skydancer stood in front of her, a curious tilt to his head. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Sorry about Marasi, she's not really a social dragon at the best of times," the skydancer cracked an apologetic smile. "I'm Kael." "Corinn," the mirror responded, studying the skydancer closely. "How did you know?" "I picked up on her irritation, and your surprise," Kael admitted. "It's kind of hard to miss her emotional flares." "I just wanted to ask for directions, I seem to be lost," Corinn said, looking around. "I'm trying to get to the Sunbeam Ruins?" Kael chuckled. "Well, that might be a bit of a problem. Why don't you come with me back to camp and I'll get you a meal and see what I can do to help you out." The mirror's stomach growled at the mention of food. Her breakfast squirrel seemed a long ways away. Plus, she was grateful to see a friendly face and didn't want to pass up the opportunity to make a friend. "Thank you," Corinn responded, grinning widely. "It's my pleasure," Kael cracked his crooked smile again, and the mirror felt a warmth spread through her chest. This was perhaps the best unintentional detour she had ever taken. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Friehalt was exhausted. Yoela and Xander had stayed so long that the dim daylight of the Tangled Wood was beginning to lighten the sky once more. Friday had long since returned to his room for the night, still too worn from his injuries to withstand an all-nighter with the mourning dragons. Friehalt felt just about ready to return to her camp and crash for the day. She felt like she could sit through anything. "Sit," Darkstar said, gesturing to a chair. "But-" Friehalt protested, looking longingly at the door. "I want to talk to you, it won't be long," Darkstar grunted. Friehalt sighed a took a seat. Darkstar patted a sharp-clawed hand on Friehalt's back. An awkward smile cracked on the older ridgeback's rough face. "I'm proud of you, Frie," she said. "It takes a special sort of gift to comfort grieving dragons the way you did. Goodness knows I don't have the talent for it. My tongue is far too sharp. It's hard work, and there's a lot of dragons out there who don't have the guts for it. I really appreciated your help there." "Oh," Friehalt was at a loss for words. She had never been told before that she was [i]good[/i] at something. "Thank you." "Seriously, I cannot thank you enough," Darkstar grunted. "This is something Dusk was always on me about." "Dusk?" Friehalt asked quizzically. She had never heard Darkstar mention that name before. "Have I seriously never told you about Dusk?" Darkstar chortled. "Now that's a tale and a half. He's your grandfather, but we were never a thing, not really. Hated his guts at first, if I'm being honest. But he's persistent, and he helped me out with a pretty good goal of mine. I'd say we're on pretty good terms now, not that we'll ever be an item or anything. Goodness, no. Raising Elixabete together was enough. Of course, haven't seen much of him since Jett locked him up along with the rest of the royal family. I almost hate to admit it, but I miss that irritating little nocturne." Friehalt's mind was filled with questions, but she was far too tired to give voice to any of them. "Go get some sleep, you look like you're about to fall over," Darkstar chuckled. "But before you go, I wanted to ask if you had room in that camp of yours for Friday. He's getting well enough to move on, and goodness knows he could do with being around young dragons like you." "What are you talking about? You're not that old! You're younger than Jett!" Friehalt said in surprise. "Oh honey, on Sornieth age is relative," Darkstar grinned toothily. "Some dragons live young for centuries, while others grow old in a few years. It all depends on how old you feel in your soul." Friehalt stared at Darkstar in confusion. Her brain was way too tired to comprehend this. "I'll talk to the others, see if they are fine with adding another to our number," she said. Darkstar smiled at her, more softly this time. "Get some rest. You deserve it." "Thank you," Friehalt responded, pausing at the door. "For everything." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bahat had lost track of the passage of time. It seemed like he had been in this dingy cell forever. Of course, Ulf's well-built prisons would come back to bite them. Even without a guard, there was not much hope of escape. The mirror paced his cell, wondering whether eventually a track would be worn around the circumference if he kept this up. He wished he had a plan. He wished Bonegnasher were still alive to have a plan. If anyone would have some half-baked plan that was just crazy enough to actually work, it would be his brother. Above his head, a birdcage swung, hanging from the ceiling by a strong chain. Within the bars sat Bohrium, contained within to stop him from slipping through the wider grates of Bahat's cell. Bohrium was the mirror's only company. Everyone else had been placed in cells too far away to contact. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54539237][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54539237&skin=0&apparel=21843,21845&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Do you want to hear another story?" Bohrium's voice, much smaller than usual, piped up. Despite his cheerful offer, his tone betrayed his own exhaustion. Still, Bahat knew storytelling calmed his brother down, and it sure calmed him down to hear his voice. "Of course," Bahat grinned. As the fae began to spin a fresh tale of intrigue and adventure, the mirror found his pacing stop as he settled once more, letting the words wash over him. If he closed his eyes, he could almost pretend he was home in his room. If only he didn't feel the hard cold stone beneath him, draining the warmth and hope from his day by day. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/108#post_42620720]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Oh my goodness, I thought I lost this chapter because my laptop updated itself midway through writing it, but I didn't! It came back! I am so relieved, I didn't want to write the whole thing again! Welcome to Corinn! I've decided since lair space is nearing a tight point, and it's been AGES since I've brought in pending dragons, I'm going to focus new dragon pulls on bringing those characters in for the time being (the exception of course being for alphabet legacy mates). This won't be forever, but just while lair space clears up and I get through a decent chunk. Corinn has been waiting near the beginning of the list for MONTHS and I feel like she should have been introduced long ago. Coli was Marasi, Darkstar and Bahat (hence the focuses of today's chapter)! Marasi and Darkstar are now level 5, and Bahat is still at level 7.

Day 121: Connections
Myosotis Fox Citrus Lionfish
Sentence: New Dragon, 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?did=55367334&skin=0&apparel=27351,30057,30062,30814&xt=dressing.png

Corinn hummed a song to herself as she wandered through the strange wild ruins she found herself in. It was such a beautiful day, even if she couldn't see the sun in the darkness of the Tangled Wood. Of course, that didn't change the fact that she was totally and completely lost.

She had been trying to find a way to the Sunbeam Ruins, but she seemed to have gotten a little sidetracked while she was traversing through the Tangled Wood. She couldn't find where she was on her map at all.

Corinn perked up as she heard the movement of a large dragon through the thick undergrowth. Maybe she could get some directions! Picking up her pace with bounding leaps, she followed the trail of the larger dragon until she came across a ridgeback slinking through the woods.
dragon?did=55991001&skin=20621&apparel=17139,1708,13819,13795,13811,13835,13843,13851&xt=dressing.png

"Excuse me!" She piped up, trying to get the ridgeback's attention. She didn't seem to hear her, so she shouted longer. "Excuse me, miss?!"

"Leave me alone!" The ridgeback whirled around with a hiss. Corinn's eyes widened with shock, and she took a few steps back.

"Oh, sorry for bothering you," she said gently. Clearly, the ridgeback wasn't having a good day. The ridgeback watched her through narrowed eyes, as though waiting for her to leave. The mirror complied.

Corinn hadn't gone far into the forest again when she ran into another dragon. She didn't see him coming, all of a sudden a skydancer stood in front of her, a curious tilt to his head.
dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png

"Sorry about Marasi, she's not really a social dragon at the best of times," the skydancer cracked an apologetic smile. "I'm Kael."

"Corinn," the mirror responded, studying the skydancer closely. "How did you know?"

"I picked up on her irritation, and your surprise," Kael admitted. "It's kind of hard to miss her emotional flares."

"I just wanted to ask for directions, I seem to be lost," Corinn said, looking around. "I'm trying to get to the Sunbeam Ruins?"

Kael chuckled. "Well, that might be a bit of a problem. Why don't you come with me back to camp and I'll get you a meal and see what I can do to help you out."

The mirror's stomach growled at the mention of food. Her breakfast squirrel seemed a long ways away. Plus, she was grateful to see a friendly face and didn't want to pass up the opportunity to make a friend.

"Thank you," Corinn responded, grinning widely.

"It's my pleasure," Kael cracked his crooked smile again, and the mirror felt a warmth spread through her chest.

This was perhaps the best unintentional detour she had ever taken.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

Friehalt was exhausted. Yoela and Xander had stayed so long that the dim daylight of the Tangled Wood was beginning to lighten the sky once more. Friday had long since returned to his room for the night, still too worn from his injuries to withstand an all-nighter with the mourning dragons.

Friehalt felt just about ready to return to her camp and crash for the day. She felt like she could sit through anything.

"Sit," Darkstar said, gesturing to a chair.

"But-" Friehalt protested, looking longingly at the door.

"I want to talk to you, it won't be long," Darkstar grunted. Friehalt sighed a took a seat.

Darkstar patted a sharp-clawed hand on Friehalt's back. An awkward smile cracked on the older ridgeback's rough face.

"I'm proud of you, Frie," she said. "It takes a special sort of gift to comfort grieving dragons the way you did. Goodness knows I don't have the talent for it. My tongue is far too sharp. It's hard work, and there's a lot of dragons out there who don't have the guts for it. I really appreciated your help there."

"Oh," Friehalt was at a loss for words. She had never been told before that she was good at something. "Thank you."

"Seriously, I cannot thank you enough," Darkstar grunted. "This is something Dusk was always on me about."

"Dusk?" Friehalt asked quizzically. She had never heard Darkstar mention that name before.

"Have I seriously never told you about Dusk?" Darkstar chortled. "Now that's a tale and a half. He's your grandfather, but we were never a thing, not really. Hated his guts at first, if I'm being honest. But he's persistent, and he helped me out with a pretty good goal of mine. I'd say we're on pretty good terms now, not that we'll ever be an item or anything. Goodness, no. Raising Elixabete together was enough. Of course, haven't seen much of him since Jett locked him up along with the rest of the royal family. I almost hate to admit it, but I miss that irritating little nocturne."

Friehalt's mind was filled with questions, but she was far too tired to give voice to any of them.

"Go get some sleep, you look like you're about to fall over," Darkstar chuckled. "But before you go, I wanted to ask if you had room in that camp of yours for Friday. He's getting well enough to move on, and goodness knows he could do with being around young dragons like you."

"What are you talking about? You're not that old! You're younger than Jett!" Friehalt said in surprise.

"Oh honey, on Sornieth age is relative," Darkstar grinned toothily. "Some dragons live young for centuries, while others grow old in a few years. It all depends on how old you feel in your soul."

Friehalt stared at Darkstar in confusion. Her brain was way too tired to comprehend this. "I'll talk to the others, see if they are fine with adding another to our number," she said.

Darkstar smiled at her, more softly this time. "Get some rest. You deserve it."

"Thank you," Friehalt responded, pausing at the door. "For everything."

dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png

Bahat had lost track of the passage of time. It seemed like he had been in this dingy cell forever. Of course, Ulf's well-built prisons would come back to bite them. Even without a guard, there was not much hope of escape.

The mirror paced his cell, wondering whether eventually a track would be worn around the circumference if he kept this up. He wished he had a plan. He wished Bonegnasher were still alive to have a plan. If anyone would have some half-baked plan that was just crazy enough to actually work, it would be his brother.

Above his head, a birdcage swung, hanging from the ceiling by a strong chain. Within the bars sat Bohrium, contained within to stop him from slipping through the wider grates of Bahat's cell. Bohrium was the mirror's only company. Everyone else had been placed in cells too far away to contact.
dragon?did=54539237&skin=0&apparel=21843,21845&xt=dressing.png

"Do you want to hear another story?" Bohrium's voice, much smaller than usual, piped up. Despite his cheerful offer, his tone betrayed his own exhaustion. Still, Bahat knew storytelling calmed his brother down, and it sure calmed him down to hear his voice.

"Of course," Bahat grinned. As the fae began to spin a fresh tale of intrigue and adventure, the mirror found his pacing stop as he settled once more, letting the words wash over him.

If he closed his eyes, he could almost pretend he was home in his room. If only he didn't feel the hard cold stone beneath him, draining the warmth and hope from his day by day.

Oh my goodness, I thought I lost this chapter because my laptop updated itself midway through writing it, but I didn't! It came back! I am so relieved, I didn't want to write the whole thing again!

Welcome to Corinn! I've decided since lair space is nearing a tight point, and it's been AGES since I've brought in pending dragons, I'm going to focus new dragon pulls on bringing those characters in for the time being (the exception of course being for alphabet legacy mates). This won't be forever, but just while lair space clears up and I get through a decent chunk. Corinn has been waiting near the beginning of the list for MONTHS and I feel like she should have been introduced long ago.

Coli was Marasi, Darkstar and Bahat (hence the focuses of today's chapter)! Marasi and Darkstar are now level 5, and Bahat is still at level 7.
@Petall Oh no, I knew something was up with the food. Poor Tiffany :( Looking on the bright side, I really like the interaction between Friehalt and Darkstar. And I already ship Kael and Corinn[emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Petall Oh no, I knew something was up with the food. Poor Tiffany :(

Looking on the bright side, I really like the interaction between Friehalt and Darkstar. And I already ship Kael and Corinn
2WRv2Ib.jpg

Ooh, Corinn is a cutie~ I hope that she gets to stay with the group for a while! And between Friday and Darkstar, Friehalt has some awesome, loving, good influences around her~ Even in dark times, lights can still shine. ^^

Admittedly, I chuckled a bit at seeing Bahat and Bohrium's situation. Not because it is funny or should be taken lightly, but because it reminded me of a song from one of the Count of Monte Cristo musicals (Every Day A Little Death, for those curious). X) It made me realize that his story is not far off from that classic tale. Love, betrayal, imprisonment... I bet Bahat would look pretty slick as a gussied up fancy noble. ^^ Wonder Cecily would think of him then?
Ooh, Corinn is a cutie~ I hope that she gets to stay with the group for a while! And between Friday and Darkstar, Friehalt has some awesome, loving, good influences around her~ Even in dark times, lights can still shine. ^^

Admittedly, I chuckled a bit at seeing Bahat and Bohrium's situation. Not because it is funny or should be taken lightly, but because it reminded me of a song from one of the Count of Monte Cristo musicals (Every Day A Little Death, for those curious). X) It made me realize that his story is not far off from that classic tale. Love, betrayal, imprisonment... I bet Bahat would look pretty slick as a gussied up fancy noble. ^^ Wonder Cecily would think of him then?
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
This whole thing is wonderful. And I love that you snuck in a mention about the relative ages thingy after our convo lol LOVE THIS AND LOVE YOUUU
This whole thing is wonderful. And I love that you snuck in a mention about the relative ages thingy after our convo lol LOVE THIS AND LOVE YOUUU
@Drachenschwinge I know [emoji=pearlcatcher sad size=2] I'm sad to have lost her... She was a lot of fun... Hehehe ship away! @GrinningWolf24 Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun pulling these dragons together and actually being able to write frequently enough to write smaller, day-to-day interactions rather than jump from big event to big event! Oh my goodness, I never realized the similarities! I've only seen the movie once, so I don't know the story super well, but I love that you're able to draw those parallels!
@Drachenschwinge

I know I'm sad to have lost her... She was a lot of fun...

Hehehe ship away!

@GrinningWolf24

Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun pulling these dragons together and actually being able to write frequently enough to write smaller, day-to-day interactions rather than jump from big event to big event!

Oh my goodness, I never realized the similarities! I've only seen the movie once, so I don't know the story super well, but I love that you're able to draw those parallels!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/108#post_42612729]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 122: Suitor[/u][/b] [item=harpy masque][item=mammophant snout][item=clay][item=speckled savanna pelt][item=chewy tentacle] Sentence: Art, 40-50 Coli Battles, Writing (x2), 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43771161][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=43771161&skin=0&apparel=944,33507,13802&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "So," the king paced around the coatl, eyeing her up and down. "What do you bring to the table? Why should I trust you enough to take you on to our inner courts." "Because," Kass purred, meeting Jett's eyes evenly. "I am a skilled assassin, and that is something you want on your side, not against it." "Are you threatening me?" The wildclaw recoiled slightly. The fact that he hadn't exploded in anger showed that he was far more under her charms than he realized. "Of course not," Kass soothed, stepping closer and wrapping her body around his. She let her tail trail his neck and up to his chin. "I like you, and I want to help you out, but a girl has to work. If some other group makes me a bigger offer before we have something settled between us... well, I might just have to take it, if you're unsure." "No! I didn't say that!" His swift response betrayed his lingering youth. This was a dragon who was used to getting what he wanted when he wanted it. Spoiled brat. But those dragons were easy to work with - they always made their actions clear, and they were quick to believe anything you offered so long as you made them feel you were everything they wanted in the world. They were so conceited, they failed to pick up any act if it aligned with their desires. Kass grinned. "Then we are in agreement? You'll hire me?" "Yes!" Jett responded quickly, then paused to regain his composure. "Working in my court is a great honor. I don't want you to let me down. I take only the best." "Of course you do," Kass' tongue flickered as she tilted her head to examine the prince. Thorburn was right, this would be a fun target. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59816354][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=59816354&skin=0&apparel=24238,26567,24234,20832&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Kestrel was almost twisting herself in knots. It had been ages since her last training session, and she was bored. Her father wouldn't let her out of the palace, however, so she was stuck here with nothing to do and no one to talk to. Everyone else was far too busy for her. All of a sudden, she heard a thump and a crash outside her door. The spiral immediately jumped up and slipped into the corridor to see what was going on. To her surprise, a coatl lay sprawled on the floor, an fallen pedestal and broken vase beside him. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59001817][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=59001817&skin=0&apparel=443,494,32703,32702,270&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "That looked like it hurt," Kestrel raised an eyebrow. The coatl sheepishly rubbed his head. "Yeah, I really should have been looking where I was going," he said. It was then that the spiral noticed the parchment beside him, and her gaze fell upon his messy scrawl. The coatl followed her line of vision and scooped up his writing, feather ruffled. "What was that?" Kestrel asked, leaning forward to try to sneak another peak. The coatl hid it from her. "A poem," he said defensively. "It's none of your business." "You write?" Kestrel's eyes lit up. "That's amazing! Can I read some of your stuff?" "Really?" The coatl looked surprised. "You don't think it's stupid?" "Stupid? I think it's amazing!" Kestrel exclaimed. "Yeah?" The coatl cracked a smile. "Well, maybe I will have to show you some of my stuff then." "I'd love that!" Kestrel grinned back. "Do you live around here? I don't think I've ever seen you before. Do you work for my father?" "I don't work for any dragon," he bragged. "I want to dedicate my life to my poetry. No, I just wandered in here, following a friend." "Well, you better hope that my father doesn't catch you then," Kestrel lowered her voice to a whisper and looked around to make sure they were alone. "But please! Don't stay away because of that! I'd love to spend time with you and to hear about your poetry!" "Do you have time now?" The coatl asked, perking up. "Yeah, I guess I do!" Kestrel grinned. "Come into my room, no one will see you there!" The coatl grinned back, and followed her in. "Oh by the way, I didn't catch your name!" Kestrel exclaimed. "I'm Kestrel!" "I'm Bok." ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/109#post_42633769]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Art! Art! Art! [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fe/67/5c/fe675c79ccbfcbd0089202319e4269a7.jpg[/img][/center] A continuation of my Over the Garden Wall Intro series! This one features the Bastions & Beastclans characters that everyone was playing! From left to right, is goes as follows: [LIST] [*]Cecily's Serthis Warlock [*]Lucian's Centaur Fighter [*]Bahat's Harpy Rogue [*]Bonegnasher's Manticore Barbarian [*]Boo's Dryad Cleric [/LIST]

Day 122: Suitor
Harpy Masque Mammophant Snout Clay Speckled Savanna Pelt Chewy Tentacle
Sentence: Art, 40-50 Coli Battles, Writing (x2), 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?did=43771161&skin=0&apparel=944,33507,13802&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png

"So," the king paced around the coatl, eyeing her up and down. "What do you bring to the table? Why should I trust you enough to take you on to our inner courts."

"Because," Kass purred, meeting Jett's eyes evenly. "I am a skilled assassin, and that is something you want on your side, not against it."

"Are you threatening me?" The wildclaw recoiled slightly. The fact that he hadn't exploded in anger showed that he was far more under her charms than he realized.

"Of course not," Kass soothed, stepping closer and wrapping her body around his. She let her tail trail his neck and up to his chin. "I like you, and I want to help you out, but a girl has to work. If some other group makes me a bigger offer before we have something settled between us... well, I might just have to take it, if you're unsure."

"No! I didn't say that!" His swift response betrayed his lingering youth. This was a dragon who was used to getting what he wanted when he wanted it. Spoiled brat. But those dragons were easy to work with - they always made their actions clear, and they were quick to believe anything you offered so long as you made them feel you were everything they wanted in the world. They were so conceited, they failed to pick up any act if it aligned with their desires.

Kass grinned. "Then we are in agreement? You'll hire me?"

"Yes!" Jett responded quickly, then paused to regain his composure. "Working in my court is a great honor. I don't want you to let me down. I take only the best."

"Of course you do," Kass' tongue flickered as she tilted her head to examine the prince. Thorburn was right, this would be a fun target.

dragon?did=59816354&skin=0&apparel=24238,26567,24234,20832&xt=dressing.png

Kestrel was almost twisting herself in knots. It had been ages since her last training session, and she was bored. Her father wouldn't let her out of the palace, however, so she was stuck here with nothing to do and no one to talk to. Everyone else was far too busy for her.

All of a sudden, she heard a thump and a crash outside her door. The spiral immediately jumped up and slipped into the corridor to see what was going on. To her surprise, a coatl lay sprawled on the floor, an fallen pedestal and broken vase beside him.
dragon?did=59001817&skin=0&apparel=443,494,32703,32702,270&xt=dressing.png

"That looked like it hurt," Kestrel raised an eyebrow. The coatl sheepishly rubbed his head.

"Yeah, I really should have been looking where I was going," he said. It was then that the spiral noticed the parchment beside him, and her gaze fell upon his messy scrawl. The coatl followed her line of vision and scooped up his writing, feather ruffled.

"What was that?" Kestrel asked, leaning forward to try to sneak another peak. The coatl hid it from her.

"A poem," he said defensively. "It's none of your business."

"You write?" Kestrel's eyes lit up. "That's amazing! Can I read some of your stuff?"

"Really?" The coatl looked surprised. "You don't think it's stupid?"

"Stupid? I think it's amazing!" Kestrel exclaimed.

"Yeah?" The coatl cracked a smile. "Well, maybe I will have to show you some of my stuff then."

"I'd love that!" Kestrel grinned back. "Do you live around here? I don't think I've ever seen you before. Do you work for my father?"

"I don't work for any dragon," he bragged. "I want to dedicate my life to my poetry. No, I just wandered in here, following a friend."

"Well, you better hope that my father doesn't catch you then," Kestrel lowered her voice to a whisper and looked around to make sure they were alone. "But please! Don't stay away because of that! I'd love to spend time with you and to hear about your poetry!"

"Do you have time now?" The coatl asked, perking up.

"Yeah, I guess I do!" Kestrel grinned. "Come into my room, no one will see you there!"

The coatl grinned back, and followed her in.

"Oh by the way, I didn't catch your name!" Kestrel exclaimed. "I'm Kestrel!"

"I'm Bok."

Art! Art! Art!
fe675c79ccbfcbd0089202319e4269a7.jpg

A continuation of my Over the Garden Wall Intro series! This one features the Bastions & Beastclans characters that everyone was playing! From left to right, is goes as follows:
  • Cecily's Serthis Warlock
  • Lucian's Centaur Fighter
  • Bahat's Harpy Rogue
  • Bonegnasher's Manticore Barbarian
  • Boo's Dryad Cleric
@CleverDual

Aaaaa! Completely missed your comment!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!! And I'm happy to have finally had a good way to bring the ages thing up! I don't think I've mentioned it in any of my flight rising writing!
@CleverDual

Aaaaa! Completely missed your comment!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!! And I'm happy to have finally had a good way to bring the ages thing up! I don't think I've mentioned it in any of my flight rising writing!
Aight, that drawing is adorable.
Aight, that drawing is adorable.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 141 142