Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 141 142
@Dakala

I'm so excited to finally bring in Kass, the timing could not be more perfect! And I also finally got to reveal where Thorburn stood on this whole Jett business. I've been waiting for a god chance to reveal it since Juliette left the black market!

Aw, your words mean so much to me! Jett is a lot of fun to write, not going to lie!
@Dakala

I'm so excited to finally bring in Kass, the timing could not be more perfect! And I also finally got to reveal where Thorburn stood on this whole Jett business. I've been waiting for a god chance to reveal it since Juliette left the black market!

Aw, your words mean so much to me! Jett is a lot of fun to write, not going to lie!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

I've found that well-written villains are usually fun to write. There's a certain feeling of accomplishment when a well-written villain does something that most would consider unexpected. Plus, the villain has to have his (or her) moments of triumph, whether they're dragons or a 300-year-old Sorceress. Jett managed to take the throne. Time will tell if he's able to keep it. They've been known to be hot seats in times of war.

As someone who dabbles in the craft of writing, I don't like cookie-cutter villains. If they're going to be predictable, then there should be a reason. So far, I haven't been able to predict Jett at all. Plus, while he's flawed, that makes him a better character, because his overconfidence and fixation on the throne feels real, like a child who never heard the word "no" in their life. He wanted it, he's managed to scheme his way into it, and that will make his downfall, when it happens, oh-so-very-satisfying to read.

Plus, there are more ways to de-throne a villain than death. I get the feeling Jett is in this for the long run, and that he might learn how to hold onto that throne after having had a good taste and losing it.
@Petall

I've found that well-written villains are usually fun to write. There's a certain feeling of accomplishment when a well-written villain does something that most would consider unexpected. Plus, the villain has to have his (or her) moments of triumph, whether they're dragons or a 300-year-old Sorceress. Jett managed to take the throne. Time will tell if he's able to keep it. They've been known to be hot seats in times of war.

As someone who dabbles in the craft of writing, I don't like cookie-cutter villains. If they're going to be predictable, then there should be a reason. So far, I haven't been able to predict Jett at all. Plus, while he's flawed, that makes him a better character, because his overconfidence and fixation on the throne feels real, like a child who never heard the word "no" in their life. He wanted it, he's managed to scheme his way into it, and that will make his downfall, when it happens, oh-so-very-satisfying to read.

Plus, there are more ways to de-throne a villain than death. I get the feeling Jett is in this for the long run, and that he might learn how to hold onto that throne after having had a good taste and losing it.
@Petall I'm glad to see that Kael, Friehalt, and Clarissa are getting along -- so far. Honestly, when I read about them living some distance from the others, I was expecting some [i]Survivor[/i]-type shenanigans. Ooooohh!! [emoji=ridgeback star] My word, Friday is absolutely fantastic! I love his genes, colors, and outfit; everything just goes together so well. And I'm so glad Darkstar and Friehalt finally found each other! I agree with them; they have a lot of catching up to do. Speaking of catching up, there's Thorburn! Haven't heard from this guy for a while. And Quill too. Daaaang, the new arrivals are just pouring in. I love Kass' outfit; you managed to make her look absolutely venomous. [emoji=cobra size=1] [quote name="@Leopardmask" date="2020-03-14 15:01:03" ] ...I also have a Coatl named Bok, this'll be interestingly confusing [/quote] I lol'd so hard at this, because I have an RL [i]cousin[/i] nicknamed Bok. Let the confusion commence! X3
@Petall I'm glad to see that Kael, Friehalt, and Clarissa are getting along -- so far. Honestly, when I read about them living some distance from the others, I was expecting some Survivor-type shenanigans.

Ooooohh!! My word, Friday is absolutely fantastic! I love his genes, colors, and outfit; everything just goes together so well. And I'm so glad Darkstar and Friehalt finally found each other! I agree with them; they have a lot of catching up to do.

Speaking of catching up, there's Thorburn! Haven't heard from this guy for a while. And Quill too. Daaaang, the new arrivals are just pouring in. I love Kass' outfit; you managed to make her look absolutely venomous.

@Leopardmask wrote on 2020-03-14 15:01:03:
...I also have a Coatl named Bok, this'll be interestingly confusing
I lol'd so hard at this, because I have an RL cousin nicknamed Bok. Let the confusion commence! X3
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Dakala Aaaaa, you have no idea how much of a delight your analysis was to read!!! [emoji=coatl star size=2] Thank you for taking the time to write all that out! It really made my morning! @Disillusionist Honestly, they aren't the group I expected to end up together until I actually wrote the chapter! It's funny how sometimes unexpected characters end up together. Also, I was skimming through the pinkerlocke earlier this week to make a summary of events so a friend can catch up, and I forgot that Clarissa and Kael have interacted before in the past, when she was beginning to ask questions about Jett, so they have a bit of a history! Aaa I am so excited to have Friday! Also, I forgot that Darkstar was Friehalt's grandmother until I started writing the scene, and I was excited to be able to make that connection! Wow! So many Boks! And to think I never heard the name before I got him!
@Dakala

Aaaaa, you have no idea how much of a delight your analysis was to read!!! Thank you for taking the time to write all that out! It really made my morning!

@Disillusionist

Honestly, they aren't the group I expected to end up together until I actually wrote the chapter! It's funny how sometimes unexpected characters end up together. Also, I was skimming through the pinkerlocke earlier this week to make a summary of events so a friend can catch up, and I forgot that Clarissa and Kael have interacted before in the past, when she was beginning to ask questions about Jett, so they have a bit of a history!

Aaa I am so excited to have Friday! Also, I forgot that Darkstar was Friehalt's grandmother until I started writing the scene, and I was excited to be able to make that connection!

Wow! So many Boks! And to think I never heard the name before I got him!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/106#post_42560753]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 120: Quarantine[/u][/b] [item=hallowed ivy][item=toxindiver][item=musk scrapper][item=silver-laced rooster][item=fool's gold] Sentence: A whole lot of Coli rounds, Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58152512][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=58152512&skin=0&apparel=20829,10385,17892,9833,27974,9829&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You're up!" Friehalt exclaimed as she opened the door to see Friday sitting at Darkstar's table drinking a steaming cup of tea. She had come to check on the imperial daily, and Darkstar had had him on some pretty heavy anesthetics. to get him through the worst of the pain. It clearly had paid off, however, because he was finally awake. The imperial raised his head in surprise. "Friehalt!" He exclaimed. "You remembered!" The ridgeback grinned, feeling a fluttering in her chest. "Ah, well you're a face to remember," Friday smiled softly, then winced as his shoulder shifted. "You look like whatever you were fighting got you pretty bad," Friehalt's face fell in concern and she moved to join him at the table. "Ah well, it put up a good fight," Friday groaned. "I only just fought it off." "What were you fighting?" Friehalt asked, perking up. "You don't want to know," Friday grimaced. "It's gone now, that's what counts. It couldn't get me." "It looks like it got you pretty bad," Friehalt reiterated, scanning the Imperial's wounds up and down. "Well, yeah, but it didn't [i]get[/i] me," Friday pointed out. "I got away. Thank goodness. I don't think you'd be as keen to help me if I had been tainted by [i]that[/i]!" The way the imperial shivered as he spoke gave Friehalt chills. He seemed haunted by whatever it was that had attacked him. She had never seen anything like it before... unless the dragons in her life that had encountered it had a different reaction to it altogether. "Was it the Shade?" Friehalt asked. Immediately, his cyan eyes snapped up to meet hers, brows furrowed. "How did you know?" He demanded. Friehalt shrugged. "It's kind of a big deal where I come from. Dragons seek it out, and use it for fuel. I was trying to get away from all of that." Friday bristled as she spoke. "What dragon would willingly invite that abomination into their body?" She spat. "Dragons who want more than what they can get naturally, I guess," Friehalt pointed out. "I mean, I think that's a big part of how Jett was able to take over-" "Wait," Friday cut her off. "You mean you guys have a Shade-touched dragon as a [i]king[/i]?" He looked sick. "Gosh, if that's the case, I'm sticking around. I'm not going to let it get away with that. The Shade is vile and nasty and should be driven from this world!" Friehalt's face fell. It seemed like everyone wanted to fight and take down Jett. Just when she thought she had found someone who might join her in her dream of living free of that conflict, she had to go and mess it up by mentioning the Shade. She opened her mouth the respond when the door swung open again. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57600406][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57600406&skin=0&apparel=3636,22414,27812,27812,25863,23087&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57452972][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57452972&skin=0&apparel=13804,13794,13810,13834,13842,13850,13858,13818&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Where's Darkstar?" Yoela asked. Her face was strained with worry. "She's treating the other patient," Friday nodded towards a closed door that Friehalt had never entered. Apparently, at the Trickmurk Ball, one of the party-goers had eaten some of the diseased food and fallen quite ill. Darkstar had put her in quarentine and was doing her best to treat her. She was a light dragon, so she had been holding on pretty well, but lately there had been a decline in her health and she didn't think she was going to make it. "I know she said we weren't supposed to come-" Yoela said, lowering her head. "But if she's not doing well, I want to say good-bye." The corners of her eyes began to glisten. "I tried to tell her it was a bad idea," Xander sighed. "But she wouldn't be persuaded." "It's just not fair! Dad can walk in Mom's dreams anytime he wants, but I can't even talk to her?" Yoela sniffed. Suddenly, the imperial was interrupted by the quarantine door swinging open. Darkstar strolled out, a somber look on her face. She looked frustrated. Her gaze softened as she caught sight of the two newcomers. "You know you weren't supposed to come, right?" Darkstar asked. Though her words were harsh, her expression bore sympathy for the younger dragon. "I can't let you see her, or you're going to get sick too. That's not going to help anything. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but there's no way around it." "She's not going to make it, is she?" Yoela asked. "I'm not going to lie to you to make you feel better," Darkstar confirmed. "I wouldn't be surprised if she passes before the day is done." "Do you want a cup of tea?" Friehalt asked, moving to put on the kettle. Darkstar wasn't one to drink tea, but she always had a stash for her patients and family of patients. Yoela nodded, cheek streaked with freshly fallen tears. Xander nudged her and the two moved to join Friday and Friehalt at the table. Friehalt brought them steaming mugs of tea and stayed to chat with them as long as they needed. Darkstar returned to treating her patient, sweat forming on her brow. They spoke until late into the night, when Darkstar came out with the news that Tiffany had passed on. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56066413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It took longer than usual for Xavier to fall asleep. Tiffany had been growing weaker the past few days, and he knew it couldn't be long until she passed. When he finally did drift off, he found himself in a meadow of flowers in the Sunbeam Ruins. The sun was shining brightly and warmly and birds were singing in the treetops. A wildclaw was running free through the meadow, wings skimming over the grass and wildflowers and giggling with absolute euphoria. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55941456][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55941456&skin=0&apparel=21855,21851,21853,21857,21852&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Tiffany was happier than she had been in a long time. Xavier smiled slightly. The weight of the illness had lifted off her shoulders, and it was beautiful. He knew, however, that this could only mean, one thing: her time had come. Xavier wanted to call out to her, to say his goodbyes, but seeing her run with such reckless abandon, he couldn't bring himself to interrupt it. Instead, he watched her play in the meadow with a sad smile on his face until the night began to fall and Tiffany faded into the night sky. And for the first time that Xavier could remember, he was alone in his dream. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/108#post_42612729]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Oh my goodness, there was so much Coli today! And everyone did so well until the last 10 battles of the last stint when Tiffany, Ragna and Webb moved into the Scorched Forest... Other than that incident, it was really fun battling! The majority of my dragons are a high enough level that I can stick to the Woodland Path and really work on leveling them up beyond the first two venues! [b]If anyone wants Tiffany, you have until 23:59 FR time tomorrow (Monday) to claim her.[/b] Also, I had a question involving the disease plot. I started it before Coronavirus became a big thing, but I'm wondering if it's maybe something that would be too real to make into a big plotline. If that's something that would add to your anxiety, Tiffany's death can be the last of the virus. On the flipside, however, living through it might add interesting contexts I wouldn't have had before. But all in all, I want to ask your opinion on it, because I don't want anyone to feel like they have to stop reading because the story is getting a little too real. On the flip side, all this social distancing means I'll be able to write a lot more frequently! My classes have been moved online for the last 3 weeks, so I still have stuff to do, but I'll have more time to write, so you can expect this to really get going again! Which is good because there's only 3 months until June and that's when I'll be wrapping up this Pinkerlocke and starting a new one.

Day 120: Quarantine
Hallowed Ivy Toxindiver Musk Scrapper Silver-Laced Rooster Fool's Gold
Sentence: A whole lot of Coli rounds, Writing

dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=58152512&skin=0&apparel=20829,10385,17892,9833,27974,9829&xt=dressing.png

"You're up!" Friehalt exclaimed as she opened the door to see Friday sitting at Darkstar's table drinking a steaming cup of tea. She had come to check on the imperial daily, and Darkstar had had him on some pretty heavy anesthetics. to get him through the worst of the pain. It clearly had paid off, however, because he was finally awake.

The imperial raised his head in surprise. "Friehalt!" He exclaimed.

"You remembered!" The ridgeback grinned, feeling a fluttering in her chest.

"Ah, well you're a face to remember," Friday smiled softly, then winced as his shoulder shifted.

"You look like whatever you were fighting got you pretty bad," Friehalt's face fell in concern and she moved to join him at the table.

"Ah well, it put up a good fight," Friday groaned. "I only just fought it off."

"What were you fighting?" Friehalt asked, perking up.

"You don't want to know," Friday grimaced. "It's gone now, that's what counts. It couldn't get me."

"It looks like it got you pretty bad," Friehalt reiterated, scanning the Imperial's wounds up and down.

"Well, yeah, but it didn't get me," Friday pointed out. "I got away. Thank goodness. I don't think you'd be as keen to help me if I had been tainted by that!"

The way the imperial shivered as he spoke gave Friehalt chills. He seemed haunted by whatever it was that had attacked him. She had never seen anything like it before... unless the dragons in her life that had encountered it had a different reaction to it altogether.

"Was it the Shade?" Friehalt asked. Immediately, his cyan eyes snapped up to meet hers, brows furrowed.

"How did you know?" He demanded.

Friehalt shrugged. "It's kind of a big deal where I come from. Dragons seek it out, and use it for fuel. I was trying to get away from all of that."

Friday bristled as she spoke. "What dragon would willingly invite that abomination into their body?" She spat.

"Dragons who want more than what they can get naturally, I guess," Friehalt pointed out. "I mean, I think that's a big part of how Jett was able to take over-"

"Wait," Friday cut her off. "You mean you guys have a Shade-touched dragon as a king?" He looked sick. "Gosh, if that's the case, I'm sticking around. I'm not going to let it get away with that. The Shade is vile and nasty and should be driven from this world!"

Friehalt's face fell. It seemed like everyone wanted to fight and take down Jett. Just when she thought she had found someone who might join her in her dream of living free of that conflict, she had to go and mess it up by mentioning the Shade. She opened her mouth the respond when the door swung open again.
dragon?did=57600406&skin=0&apparel=3636,22414,27812,27812,25863,23087&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=57452972&skin=0&apparel=13804,13794,13810,13834,13842,13850,13858,13818&xt=dressing.png

"Where's Darkstar?" Yoela asked. Her face was strained with worry.

"She's treating the other patient," Friday nodded towards a closed door that Friehalt had never entered. Apparently, at the Trickmurk Ball, one of the party-goers had eaten some of the diseased food and fallen quite ill. Darkstar had put her in quarentine and was doing her best to treat her. She was a light dragon, so she had been holding on pretty well, but lately there had been a decline in her health and she didn't think she was going to make it.

"I know she said we weren't supposed to come-" Yoela said, lowering her head. "But if she's not doing well, I want to say good-bye." The corners of her eyes began to glisten.

"I tried to tell her it was a bad idea," Xander sighed. "But she wouldn't be persuaded."

"It's just not fair! Dad can walk in Mom's dreams anytime he wants, but I can't even talk to her?" Yoela sniffed.

Suddenly, the imperial was interrupted by the quarantine door swinging open. Darkstar strolled out, a somber look on her face. She looked frustrated. Her gaze softened as she caught sight of the two newcomers.

"You know you weren't supposed to come, right?" Darkstar asked. Though her words were harsh, her expression bore sympathy for the younger dragon. "I can't let you see her, or you're going to get sick too. That's not going to help anything. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but there's no way around it."

"She's not going to make it, is she?" Yoela asked.

"I'm not going to lie to you to make you feel better," Darkstar confirmed. "I wouldn't be surprised if she passes before the day is done."

"Do you want a cup of tea?" Friehalt asked, moving to put on the kettle. Darkstar wasn't one to drink tea, but she always had a stash for her patients and family of patients.

Yoela nodded, cheek streaked with freshly fallen tears. Xander nudged her and the two moved to join Friday and Friehalt at the table. Friehalt brought them steaming mugs of tea and stayed to chat with them as long as they needed. Darkstar returned to treating her patient, sweat forming on her brow.

They spoke until late into the night, when Darkstar came out with the news that Tiffany had passed on.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png

It took longer than usual for Xavier to fall asleep. Tiffany had been growing weaker the past few days, and he knew it couldn't be long until she passed.

When he finally did drift off, he found himself in a meadow of flowers in the Sunbeam Ruins. The sun was shining brightly and warmly and birds were singing in the treetops. A wildclaw was running free through the meadow, wings skimming over the grass and wildflowers and giggling with absolute euphoria.
dragon?did=55941456&skin=0&apparel=21855,21851,21853,21857,21852&xt=dressing.png

Tiffany was happier than she had been in a long time.

Xavier smiled slightly. The weight of the illness had lifted off her shoulders, and it was beautiful. He knew, however, that this could only mean, one thing: her time had come.

Xavier wanted to call out to her, to say his goodbyes, but seeing her run with such reckless abandon, he couldn't bring himself to interrupt it. Instead, he watched her play in the meadow with a sad smile on his face until the night began to fall and Tiffany faded into the night sky. And for the first time that Xavier could remember, he was alone in his dream.

Oh my goodness, there was so much Coli today! And everyone did so well until the last 10 battles of the last stint when Tiffany, Ragna and Webb moved into the Scorched Forest... Other than that incident, it was really fun battling! The majority of my dragons are a high enough level that I can stick to the Woodland Path and really work on leveling them up beyond the first two venues!

If anyone wants Tiffany, you have until 23:59 FR time tomorrow (Monday) to claim her.

Also, I had a question involving the disease plot. I started it before Coronavirus became a big thing, but I'm wondering if it's maybe something that would be too real to make into a big plotline. If that's something that would add to your anxiety, Tiffany's death can be the last of the virus. On the flipside, however, living through it might add interesting contexts I wouldn't have had before. But all in all, I want to ask your opinion on it, because I don't want anyone to feel like they have to stop reading because the story is getting a little too real.

On the flip side, all this social distancing means I'll be able to write a lot more frequently! My classes have been moved online for the last 3 weeks, so I still have stuff to do, but I'll have more time to write, so you can expect this to really get going again! Which is good because there's only 3 months until June and that's when I'll be wrapping up this Pinkerlocke and starting a new one.
@Petall HOLY CRAP AAAAAA This is so good omg I was clinging on to every freaking word!

As far as the Covid-19 thing goes, my vote would be to leave it out. It'll prolly stress me out, as I tend to like my stories to be an escape from whatever life is throwing at me, but then again, its 1000% your story so have at her! :D That final bit literally gave me chills tho. Woof.
@Petall HOLY CRAP AAAAAA This is so good omg I was clinging on to every freaking word!

As far as the Covid-19 thing goes, my vote would be to leave it out. It'll prolly stress me out, as I tend to like my stories to be an escape from whatever life is throwing at me, but then again, its 1000% your story so have at her! :D That final bit literally gave me chills tho. Woof.
@CleverDual

AAAA I'm so glad you liked it!!!! It's great having you caught up again!

That's where I have been leaning too. I figured one more death would be enough to give the plotline weight so there were consequences to Jett poisoning the food, and it would be easy to drop it off from there.
@CleverDual

AAAA I'm so glad you liked it!!!! It's great having you caught up again!

That's where I have been leaning too. I figured one more death would be enough to give the plotline weight so there were consequences to Jett poisoning the food, and it would be easy to drop it off from there.
@Petall Yeah! Shade bad, resistance good! *high-fives Friday* My clan can certainly get behind that. I think Shade-fighting is our Number 2 priority, tbh (next to making sweet, sweet cash XD).

And oh wow, I didn't recognize Yoela and Xander at first. I had to click their bios -- they've grown up so much! I especially like Yoela's outfit; she's so bright and pretty. It's nice how you always manage to cycle in characters who otherwise don't get much screentime.

Tiffany's final scene was so achingly beautiful. And poor Xavier -- after following her for so long, he's alone now. RIP, Tiffany, and I hope Xavier will find comfort soon, too.

Re: Covid-19, I agree with CleverDual that it's probably best to leave it out. Things seem pretty stressful worldwide atm, and people will probably be diving into lore to escape that reality, if only for a few minutes. =)
@Petall Yeah! Shade bad, resistance good! *high-fives Friday* My clan can certainly get behind that. I think Shade-fighting is our Number 2 priority, tbh (next to making sweet, sweet cash XD).

And oh wow, I didn't recognize Yoela and Xander at first. I had to click their bios -- they've grown up so much! I especially like Yoela's outfit; she's so bright and pretty. It's nice how you always manage to cycle in characters who otherwise don't get much screentime.

Tiffany's final scene was so achingly beautiful. And poor Xavier -- after following her for so long, he's alone now. RIP, Tiffany, and I hope Xavier will find comfort soon, too.

Re: Covid-19, I agree with CleverDual that it's probably best to leave it out. Things seem pretty stressful worldwide atm, and people will probably be diving into lore to escape that reality, if only for a few minutes. =)
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Heck yeah!

It's been great to be able to bring them in again! It can be difficult to have opportunities to bring in background characters like them, but I know where everyone is in my clan right now and what sort of things they'd be doing, so even if someone hasn't made an appearance for a while, if other events end up happening near or around them, I can bring them in!

Thank you! I'm sad to have lost Tiffany, her energy was a lot of fun.

Sounds good, I guess I'll leave the plotline where it is then. Jett has what he wants, there's no reason for him to mess around with the disease anymore.
@Disillusionist

Heck yeah!

It's been great to be able to bring them in again! It can be difficult to have opportunities to bring in background characters like them, but I know where everyone is in my clan right now and what sort of things they'd be doing, so even if someone hasn't made an appearance for a while, if other events end up happening near or around them, I can bring them in!

Thank you! I'm sad to have lost Tiffany, her energy was a lot of fun.

Sounds good, I guess I'll leave the plotline where it is then. Jett has what he wants, there's no reason for him to mess around with the disease anymore.
@Petall

I'm not as touchy on the C-19 thing, but I understand that in trying times, people need a refuge from what stresses them out. It's probably for the best to sidestep any deadly diseases for the near future.

On an unrelated note, I only just now realized that our villains both start with J. Jett and Jenifer.

Basically, and I'll keep this short to avoid dumping a large chunk of my lore in your thread, Jenifer is a 300 year old Sorceress who was defeated in the book I'm writing. Because of my lore on something I called the Rift, which connects all worlds and universes together, a particular dragon in my clan, Melarnic, dragged her spirit here and basically stuffed her into a Gaoler's body. His loose plan is that she was a hero once, so maybe there's good in her enough to help defeat the Shade. Of course, Jenifer is far more interested in causing trouble because there are no heroes to stop her.

Anyway, I'll quit babbling on about my lore, and comment on your story now.

If only Friday knew just how many Shade-Touched there were in this kingdom... I get the feeling he'd be more than a little concerned about that.
@Petall

I'm not as touchy on the C-19 thing, but I understand that in trying times, people need a refuge from what stresses them out. It's probably for the best to sidestep any deadly diseases for the near future.

On an unrelated note, I only just now realized that our villains both start with J. Jett and Jenifer.

Basically, and I'll keep this short to avoid dumping a large chunk of my lore in your thread, Jenifer is a 300 year old Sorceress who was defeated in the book I'm writing. Because of my lore on something I called the Rift, which connects all worlds and universes together, a particular dragon in my clan, Melarnic, dragged her spirit here and basically stuffed her into a Gaoler's body. His loose plan is that she was a hero once, so maybe there's good in her enough to help defeat the Shade. Of course, Jenifer is far more interested in causing trouble because there are no heroes to stop her.

Anyway, I'll quit babbling on about my lore, and comment on your story now.

If only Friday knew just how many Shade-Touched there were in this kingdom... I get the feeling he'd be more than a little concerned about that.
1 2 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 141 142