Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 141 142
@Leopardmask

Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate it! If I'm being honest, relationship drama isn't something I'm usually hugely comfortable with either (hence why most of my couples are relatively happy couples who stick together through it all), but with this pinkerlocke, I've decided to stretch myself a little and explore a few storylines that I usually wouldn't. I'll do my best not to make it too painful, because I know from experience what that is like, but I also don't have complete control of the matter with things like pinkerton pulls and theme songs. But if it gives you some comfort, Webb's theme song is a big inspiration for the way the plot is going, so as long as I can stay true to that.

Thanks again for voicing more of your discomfort! It helps to know the reasons behind it, and I do appreciate you sharing just what it is that makes relationship drama uncomfortable for you! It will help me direct my writing so this is an enjoyable experience for everyone! Not that I can change everything, but it can help me know what things to aim to avoid as I attempt to steer the characters through this storyline. Sometimes the characters have a mind of their own though, so I can't make any promises!
@Leopardmask

Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate it! If I'm being honest, relationship drama isn't something I'm usually hugely comfortable with either (hence why most of my couples are relatively happy couples who stick together through it all), but with this pinkerlocke, I've decided to stretch myself a little and explore a few storylines that I usually wouldn't. I'll do my best not to make it too painful, because I know from experience what that is like, but I also don't have complete control of the matter with things like pinkerton pulls and theme songs. But if it gives you some comfort, Webb's theme song is a big inspiration for the way the plot is going, so as long as I can stay true to that.

Thanks again for voicing more of your discomfort! It helps to know the reasons behind it, and I do appreciate you sharing just what it is that makes relationship drama uncomfortable for you! It will help me direct my writing so this is an enjoyable experience for everyone! Not that I can change everything, but it can help me know what things to aim to avoid as I attempt to steer the characters through this storyline. Sometimes the characters have a mind of their own though, so I can't make any promises!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh no.... poor Webb! I just want to give him a hug and tell him that it is going to be alright. ;;_;;

These past few chapters have just been such a whirlwind of emotions!
Oh no.... poor Webb! I just want to give him a hug and tell him that it is going to be alright. ;;_;;

These past few chapters have just been such a whirlwind of emotions!
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
oh.. oh geez, i wanna let webb hug the neighborhood cat that hangs out here sometimes because he needs it

for the plotline with jett, seaberry, and webb, it is a very dark thing and it's not a topic a lot of people may be comfortable with. however, i'm all for writing things that have a dark kind of nature in them as long as the topic is handled respectfully. i even do that myself with some of my stories. not to mention if it's handled in a good way, while it may not apply to everybody, the characters affected may have some degree of relatability with their responses. not to mention seeing characters go through something like this and handling it may be interesting to see or give readers more feeling for them. at least, that's my take on it. i can't speak for everybody!

all in all, wherever the story goes, i'm excited for it :0
oh.. oh geez, i wanna let webb hug the neighborhood cat that hangs out here sometimes because he needs it

for the plotline with jett, seaberry, and webb, it is a very dark thing and it's not a topic a lot of people may be comfortable with. however, i'm all for writing things that have a dark kind of nature in them as long as the topic is handled respectfully. i even do that myself with some of my stories. not to mention if it's handled in a good way, while it may not apply to everybody, the characters affected may have some degree of relatability with their responses. not to mention seeing characters go through something like this and handling it may be interesting to see or give readers more feeling for them. at least, that's my take on it. i can't speak for everybody!

all in all, wherever the story goes, i'm excited for it :0
Oml i just found a dragon that looks so much like scoril-
Oml i just found a dragon that looks so much like scoril-
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@GrinningWolf24

Yeah, Webb sure got quite the shock!

@Dynami

I'm glad you're enjoying the story! I like your analysis on the darker subject matter. I did try to handle it as lightly as respectfully as I could!

@MisterMylez

Really? I'd love to see this dragon!
@GrinningWolf24

Yeah, Webb sure got quite the shock!

@Dynami

I'm glad you're enjoying the story! I like your analysis on the darker subject matter. I did try to handle it as lightly as respectfully as I could!

@MisterMylez

Really? I'd love to see this dragon!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/103#post_42312209]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 117: Cover of Night[/u][/b] [item=rose gold steampunk gloves][item=celestine][item=chrome laser head][item=scholar][item=teardrop pastel spinel leg band] Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon (x2), Writing (x2), Death Streak Rolll[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301300][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301300&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It had been a while since Lucian had delved so deeply into the kingdom. He and Cecily had stuck to the edge, living far away from the other dragons of the city, trying to stay out of everybody's way to avoid causing further harm. However, the time had come to act. No longer could they remain in the shadows. War was here, and it was time to pick a side. The Year of Shadow had freshly dawned on the Forgotten Kingdom, bringing with it a layer of darkness. Unlike the suffocating darkness of the Year of Night, however, this new year had brought with it a level of life that the kingdom had not yet seen. The Shadow Flight was in its prime, and that was evident all throughout the city as the fungus grew brighter and the inky sky blanketed everything. The fae skirted the edges of the populace, allowing his new scale markings to give him an added layer of disguise. If he was to have his alliance accepted by the kingdom, he'd have to work carefully. After all, they could very well still blame him for the death of Bonegnasher, and in light of the death of his son, old wounds may be rather fresh. By nightfall, Lucian had fluttered though the city and deep into the Knowledge District Wilds. He wrinkled his nose as he narrowly avoided a diseased patch of undergrowth, and eventually made his way to a small hut with tiny lights flickering out of the gaps in the walls. He had arrived. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55991001][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55991001&skin=20621&apparel=17139,1708,13819,13795,13811,13835,13843,13851&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Who goes there!" A deep voice growled. Lucian held his head up high, unwilling to be intimidated by the protective mother within. The door swung open to reveal a ridgeback many times his size. She looked down at Lucian dismissively. "What do you want." She snorted, her breath almost enough to bowl the fae over. Lucian stood firm and kept his stance. "I wanted to give you my condolences about Cedric," he said evenly, his fins drooping with sadness. "What do you care? I thought you hated those with royal blood," Marasi sniffed. "I was young and naive, blinded by my ideals," Lucian admitted. "There is so much more at stake now." He glanced around anxiously. "Is the beast gone?" "You mean the thing that killed Cedric?" Marasi huffed. "Yeah, its gone. Zain has been patrolling the area for me and he hasn't seen any sign of it. Apparently it only dipped within the kingdom borders briefly. Good riddance." "Well, not exactly," Lucian shifted his feet. "What do you mean?" Marasi growled. "Word on the street is that Jett has a sample of the virus," Lucian admitted. "I heard that bumbling bogsneak mention something about it. I think he's going to weaponize it to take the throne." "And you're sure of this?" Marasi's eyes widened and her growl deepened. "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't," Lucian admitted. "I want to offer my help. I know I haven't been the best of friends with your side, but I've seen the light and Jett is everything I was ever afraid of with a monarchy." Marasi opened her mouth to respond, but was interrupted by a small voice. "Mama? Who is this?" A snapper hatchling asked, staring wide-eyed at Lucian. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59541235][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=72&bodygene=9&breed=9&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=138&tertgene=24&winggene=10&wings=109&auth=d97728c4190a1e9fde1efb6b8d2d2b1155644dab&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Danae, you're supposed to be in bed with your sister!" Marasi scolded, swinging her tail to stop the child from stepping outside. "I couldn't sleep and got bored," Danae shrugged. "Besides, Damaris' snoring is annoying." The small snapper wrinkled her nose. "No it isn't!" A ridgeback hatchling gracefully skidded next to her sister. "You take that back!" [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59541234][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=9&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=76&tertgene=24&winggene=16&wings=120&auth=877b19b930851f1a34d082cc787dc643b4229cd5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Girls, it's nighttime. You're supposed to be getting some rest," Marasi growled in warning. "Get back to bed or I'm not going to take you to see Uncle Zain tomorrow. Danae, I'll be with you in a bit." "But Mama! It's not fair Danae doesn't have to sleep!" Damaris complained. "It's not like I have a choice!" Danae retorted. "Snappers don't sleep!" Lucian chuckled as he watched the two children retreat to their rooms. Marasi kept her gaze on her daughters until she was sure they had returned to their room, then locked eyes with the fae once more. "Have you told anyone else about this?" She growled. "Not yet. I figured you had a right to know first, since you lost your mate," Lucian admitted. "If you want, you can come tell the Queen and Council with me tomorrow." Marasi shook her head. "I'm stepping away from politics right now. I don't want to see Cedric's family leave the throne, but right now my priority is raising those girls out of harm's way. I'm not risking that for anything. You'll have to do this alone." Lucian dipped his head respectfully. "Of course." He extended his wings and moved to go. "Oh, and Lucian?" Marasi called out. The fae turned back to look at her. "Thanks for looking out for us. I'm sure Cedric would have appreciated your concern, even I would have called him an idiot for it." "If you need anything, let me know. I feel terrible about what happened to Bonegnasher, and I want to make things right," Lucian admitted. "It's not me you have to convince, it's them," Marasi reminded him, nodding in the direction of the palace. Lucian nodded and swallowed, trying to calm his anxious nerves. Taking a deep breath, he took off to the skies once more. No matter what, he'd make sure they'd listen to him, whatever it took. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/104#post_42507759]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- A little check-in with Marasi and her new little family! I'm hoping to do the Tickmurk Ball chapter on Sunday - I likely won't have time to do it before then. Also, I used the two apparel pulls to give Lucian a couple of genes I won in a raffle! Which is the main reason he's featured in this chapter. But also because I can't just leave him and Cecily on the edge of the city forever, especially now that tensions are rising. [b]The third hatchling from Cedric and Marasi's nest, the only boy, didn't make it. If anyone would like to claim him, you have until he is grown up to do so![/b] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59541236] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/595413/59541236_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]

Day 117: Cover of Night
Rose Gold Steampunk Gloves Celestine Chrome Laser Head Scholar Teardrop Pastel Spinel Leg Band
Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon (x2), Writing (x2), Death Streak Rolll

dragon?did=55301300&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png

It had been a while since Lucian had delved so deeply into the kingdom. He and Cecily had stuck to the edge, living far away from the other dragons of the city, trying to stay out of everybody's way to avoid causing further harm. However, the time had come to act. No longer could they remain in the shadows. War was here, and it was time to pick a side.

The Year of Shadow had freshly dawned on the Forgotten Kingdom, bringing with it a layer of darkness. Unlike the suffocating darkness of the Year of Night, however, this new year had brought with it a level of life that the kingdom had not yet seen. The Shadow Flight was in its prime, and that was evident all throughout the city as the fungus grew brighter and the inky sky blanketed everything.

The fae skirted the edges of the populace, allowing his new scale markings to give him an added layer of disguise. If he was to have his alliance accepted by the kingdom, he'd have to work carefully. After all, they could very well still blame him for the death of Bonegnasher, and in light of the death of his son, old wounds may be rather fresh.

By nightfall, Lucian had fluttered though the city and deep into the Knowledge District Wilds. He wrinkled his nose as he narrowly avoided a diseased patch of undergrowth, and eventually made his way to a small hut with tiny lights flickering out of the gaps in the walls. He had arrived. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door.
dragon?did=55991001&skin=20621&apparel=17139,1708,13819,13795,13811,13835,13843,13851&xt=dressing.png

"Who goes there!" A deep voice growled. Lucian held his head up high, unwilling to be intimidated by the protective mother within. The door swung open to reveal a ridgeback many times his size. She looked down at Lucian dismissively. "What do you want." She snorted, her breath almost enough to bowl the fae over.

Lucian stood firm and kept his stance. "I wanted to give you my condolences about Cedric," he said evenly, his fins drooping with sadness.

"What do you care? I thought you hated those with royal blood," Marasi sniffed.

"I was young and naive, blinded by my ideals," Lucian admitted. "There is so much more at stake now." He glanced around anxiously. "Is the beast gone?"

"You mean the thing that killed Cedric?" Marasi huffed. "Yeah, its gone. Zain has been patrolling the area for me and he hasn't seen any sign of it. Apparently it only dipped within the kingdom borders briefly. Good riddance."

"Well, not exactly," Lucian shifted his feet.

"What do you mean?" Marasi growled.

"Word on the street is that Jett has a sample of the virus," Lucian admitted. "I heard that bumbling bogsneak mention something about it. I think he's going to weaponize it to take the throne."

"And you're sure of this?" Marasi's eyes widened and her growl deepened.

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't," Lucian admitted. "I want to offer my help. I know I haven't been the best of friends with your side, but I've seen the light and Jett is everything I was ever afraid of with a monarchy."

Marasi opened her mouth to respond, but was interrupted by a small voice.

"Mama? Who is this?" A snapper hatchling asked, staring wide-eyed at Lucian.
dragon?age=0&body=72&bodygene=9&breed=9&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=138&tertgene=24&winggene=10&wings=109&auth=d97728c4190a1e9fde1efb6b8d2d2b1155644dab&dummyext=prev.png

"Danae, you're supposed to be in bed with your sister!" Marasi scolded, swinging her tail to stop the child from stepping outside.

"I couldn't sleep and got bored," Danae shrugged. "Besides, Damaris' snoring is annoying." The small snapper wrinkled her nose.

"No it isn't!" A ridgeback hatchling gracefully skidded next to her sister. "You take that back!"
dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=9&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=76&tertgene=24&winggene=16&wings=120&auth=877b19b930851f1a34d082cc787dc643b4229cd5&dummyext=prev.png

"Girls, it's nighttime. You're supposed to be getting some rest," Marasi growled in warning. "Get back to bed or I'm not going to take you to see Uncle Zain tomorrow. Danae, I'll be with you in a bit."

"But Mama! It's not fair Danae doesn't have to sleep!" Damaris complained.

"It's not like I have a choice!" Danae retorted. "Snappers don't sleep!"

Lucian chuckled as he watched the two children retreat to their rooms. Marasi kept her gaze on her daughters until she was sure they had returned to their room, then locked eyes with the fae once more.

"Have you told anyone else about this?" She growled.

"Not yet. I figured you had a right to know first, since you lost your mate," Lucian admitted. "If you want, you can come tell the Queen and Council with me tomorrow."

Marasi shook her head. "I'm stepping away from politics right now. I don't want to see Cedric's family leave the throne, but right now my priority is raising those girls out of harm's way. I'm not risking that for anything. You'll have to do this alone."

Lucian dipped his head respectfully. "Of course." He extended his wings and moved to go.

"Oh, and Lucian?" Marasi called out. The fae turned back to look at her. "Thanks for looking out for us. I'm sure Cedric would have appreciated your concern, even I would have called him an idiot for it."

"If you need anything, let me know. I feel terrible about what happened to Bonegnasher, and I want to make things right," Lucian admitted.

"It's not me you have to convince, it's them," Marasi reminded him, nodding in the direction of the palace.

Lucian nodded and swallowed, trying to calm his anxious nerves. Taking a deep breath, he took off to the skies once more. No matter what, he'd make sure they'd listen to him, whatever it took.

A little check-in with Marasi and her new little family! I'm hoping to do the Tickmurk Ball chapter on Sunday - I likely won't have time to do it before then. Also, I used the two apparel pulls to give Lucian a couple of genes I won in a raffle! Which is the main reason he's featured in this chapter. But also because I can't just leave him and Cecily on the edge of the city forever, especially now that tensions are rising.

The third hatchling from Cedric and Marasi's nest, the only boy, didn't make it. If anyone would like to claim him, you have until he is grown up to do so!
@Petall Good to catch up with Lucian as well! And wow, Lucian is really rocking his new genes. I dig the white shading on the ends of his wings; they make him look almost ghostly. I enjoyed the interaction between him and Marasi: just the right balance between sympathy and rancor. Not too trusting on Marasi's part, or too angry either. I tend to roll my eyes when it goes one way or the other, but I felt their parting of ways was handled reasonably. Ooooohh!! [emoji=bogsneak star] Marasi and Cedric produced such beautiful children! I can't wait to see them when they're grown and dressed! I'm interested in the boy, but am sort of on the fence about acquiring new dragons -- if no one else claims him by the time he's grown, could you give me a ping? I may decide to pick him up then. ^^
@Petall Good to catch up with Lucian as well! And wow, Lucian is really rocking his new genes. I dig the white shading on the ends of his wings; they make him look almost ghostly.

I enjoyed the interaction between him and Marasi: just the right balance between sympathy and rancor. Not too trusting on Marasi's part, or too angry either. I tend to roll my eyes when it goes one way or the other, but I felt their parting of ways was handled reasonably.

Ooooohh!! Marasi and Cedric produced such beautiful children! I can't wait to see them when they're grown and dressed! I'm interested in the boy, but am sort of on the fence about acquiring new dragons -- if no one else claims him by the time he's grown, could you give me a ping? I may decide to pick him up then. ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been able to bring him in! And I'm excited to have started a geneing process for him!

Thank you! That means a lot to hear!

Oh yeah, I am very excited to have them!!! Also, the boy hasn't been claimed, so if you are interested, you are welcome to him!
@Disillusionist

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been able to bring him in! And I'm excited to have started a geneing process for him!

Thank you! That means a lot to hear!

Oh yeah, I am very excited to have them!!! Also, the boy hasn't been claimed, so if you are interested, you are welcome to him!
@Petall Hey, it's good to hear from you again! I hope things have been going well for you. And yup, I would be pleased to welcome Cedric's and Marasi's son into the lair. Please feel free to send him over~ ^^
@Petall Hey, it's good to hear from you again! I hope things have been going well for you. And yup, I would be pleased to welcome Cedric's and Marasi's son into the lair. Please feel free to send him over~ ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/104#post_42391825]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 118: The Trickmurk Ball[/u][/b] [item=ruffletail slug] Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48760421][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487605/48760421_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Blackwolf awoke in a cold sweat. In the darkness of the Trickmurk Circus, it was impossible to tell the time of day or night. The pearlcatcher glanced around, desperately trying to make out something - anything. The darkness of his dream was catching up with him, and combined with the council meeting the previous evening about Jett's apparent weaponized disease, Blackwolf was feeling sick. The pearlcatcher fumbled around in the dark for his pearl, only just grasping it soon enough to catch the vomit of memory gunk as it poured from his mouth. It had been a long time since he had a memory this heavy. As he worked to smooth the surface of his pearl once more, he felt a deep sense of dread sink into his heart. The day of his vision had finally arrived. Darkness was coming to the Forgotten Kingdom, and he didn't know if they could fight it. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56613658][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56613658&skin=0&apparel=21835,22257,21836,21841,21842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Clarissa skulked at the edge of the ballroom. The atmosphere of the Trickmurk Ball was significantly more somber than any Queen Age had hosted previously. Everyone seemed to feel like the kingdom was dancing on the edge of a knife, and their destiny could fall either way. Clarissa didn't know what to think. Everyone was worried about Jett, but she didn't see what the problem was. What gave her father's family the right to hold the crown anyways? Would having a new king really be a bad thing? Her mother hadn't thought so, not at first anyways. She refused to comment on the subject matter now, leaving Clarissa all the more confused. But then again, hadn't her Uncle Lucian warned of the coming attack? This wasn't a conclusion she'd be able to come to in the course of an evening, she realized. How could it, when she had been trying to figure out where she stood in this conflict for years. Perhaps she best enjoy the ball as much as she could. Who knew if Jett would be up for balls. The mirror wasn't one for dancing, but the food at least looked tasty. She grabbed a large turkey leg and moved to take a bite before she was interrupted by a voice from the shadows. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57922279][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57922279&skin=0&apparel=32701,23030,25184,25179,25185,25183,32702&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I wouldn't eat that if I were you. It's been poisoned. All the food has," A nocturne slipped out of the shadows, grin wide. Clarissa hadn't noticed her there before, and she dropped the poultry leg in shock. "Sol! What are you doing here! Where have you been??? Dahlia's been completely distraught!" Clarissa exclaimed. The nocturne simply shrugged. "I found a greater calling," she explained. "But seriously, you won't eat that if you know what's good for you." "Is that a threat?" Clarissa narrowed her eyes. Solstice opened her mouth to respond, but she was interrupted by a loud shattering noise. Glass rained down from the ceiling as a fierce looking dragon Clarissa had never seen before plummeted towards the ground, landing with a loud thump. The dragons halted their dancing and mingling to shriek and duck away from the falling shards. Her talons scraped the floor and thick, curved horns protruded from her skull. Her talons, mouth and wingtips seemed to be ablaze, and with a thunderous roar, she sent a bout of flames shooting around the room, catching on the tapestries and setting the walls ablaze. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57356134][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=48&winggene=56&wings=79&auth=e94d6f41f27e15246685564537124055d80b0c94&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Smoke filled the room as the historical weavings of the previous kingdom were reduced to ash. Clarissa tried to move to get a closer look, but the crowd was in a panic. Everyone seemed to be moving in different directions at once. Suddenly, from the cacophony of screams and shouts, one voice rose above the rest. "Raithyra?" Luci kicked off the ground and flew towards the strange dragon, landing in front of her. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50126640][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=50126640&skin=0&apparel=657,24516,494&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Who are you and how do you know my name?" The dragon growled. "It's me!" The wildclaw seemed taken aback. "Don't you recognize me? I'm you mother!" Raithyra paused to examine the wildclaw, eyes narrowed. She then bowed her head to examine her own form. "I was born of fire and fury, I have no mother," Raithyra's deep growl thundered throughout the room. Luci let out a cry of anguish. "Oh, curse you Elladan!" The wildclaw growled, face contorted with fury. "You will listen to me, or you will all perish painfully." Raithyra warned. "I have allies around the room, waiting for any of you to make a wrong move. They will slice your throat, no questions asked. "That's my cue!" Solstice exclaimed, leaping forth to make herself known to the wider crowd. Clarissa glanced around the room, catching sight of other dragons stepping out the shadows and into the light of the blaze. The firelight glinted across metallic blades and steely eyes. They were surrounded. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238644][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/562387/56238644p.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56606207][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/566063/56606207p.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940872][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/569409/56940872p.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799059][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/577991/57799059p.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57854556][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/578546/57854556p.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57854557][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/578546/57854557p.png[/img][/url][/center] "This isn't a fight you can win," Raithyra growled, victory glinting in her fiery eyes. "We have already won, and King Jett will take what is his." Just as the words fell out of her mouth, another pair of shapes fell out of the shadows. Clarissa had never laid eyes on the forsaken prince, but there was no one else who this could be. Flanked by a skydancer with rows of vibrant pink eyes, he strode into the center of the ballroom, scanning over the cowering gathering of dragons. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Well, well well, I told you I'd be back," Jett smirked. "Now, why don't you all bow down to me, the true [i]king[/i] of this kingdom." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You have some nerve just waltzing in here after how badly we beat you last time," Age stepped forward. Her fur was singed from the flames, and sparks still glinted among her pelt. "You're not going to get the throne so easily. You think we won't stand and fight for what's ours?" "No, I don't think you will," Jett grinned. Clarissa couldn't take her eyes off of him. The power he held, the confidence. It was everything the mirror had ever dreamed of. Here was a dragon who knew what he wanted and how to get it. "Oh yeah? And why is that?" Queen Age spat. "Because the safety of your precious subjects are at risk. You see, I spiked the food with some samples of the disease that killed your precious grandson," Jett explained, his voice sickeningly cheery. "Now, I have stationed guards around the food tables to make sure no one actually ingested it, I'm not cruel, but I won't hesitate to be less benevolent in the future if you don't concede your crown. You saw how it ate Cedric alive from the inside out. You know none of you stand a chance against such a disease. I will make sure to wipe out every dragon who opposes me, as well as your entire family lines, unless you give me the throne. The fate of your beloved subjects is in your hands." "You're a monster," Queen Age growled, taking a step back. "You care for nothing but power, don't speak to me about your benevolence. This is an act of blackmail." "But you know I can do it," Jett took a step forward until he was nose to nose with the queen. "I will destroy everything you love until I get what I want. You can't stop me, but you can save the lives of those you love." Age glanced around the room, meeting the gaze of every single dragon of the Forgotten Kingdom. A deep sadness filled her eyes. After what seemed like an eternity, she bowed her head and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she lifted the crown off of her head and threw it at the feet of Jett. It clattered around the room, breaking the tense silence. Jett grinned and picked it up, examining it before placing it on his head. "Good girl," he purred. "Now, Raithyra, take my soldiers and round up every dragon of Age's lineage that you can find. I don't want anyone with any noble ideas of stealing what is rightfully mine." Raithyra nodded, and turned on the crowd. Immediately, the dragons who had been standing along the edge moved, swiftly incapacitating the royal dragons. Clarissa watched, heart pounding. She wasn't sure if she was excited or terrified, but adrenaline ran through her veins. Her senses were so heightened that she could pick up on the approach of a dragon behind her. She turned with a snarl to meet Solstice in battle. The nocturne's muscles held an unnatural strength, and despite her own training, Clarissa found herself floundering. It was clear that Solstice would soon overpower her. In a last ditch attempt to ward her off, she let out a shriek and sunk her teeth into the nocturne's shoulder, digging in until she tasted blood. She held on tight until she heard a snap. The nocturne's wing fell to her side, broken, and let out a yelp. Clarissa saw her moment, and she took it. Slipping out the nearby door, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her down the corridor. She could hear no footsteps pursuing her, but she did not slow her pace until she burst out the palace doors and ran into the night, her breath running ragged in her chest. She was free, but her kingdom was not. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Clarissa ran until she found herself deep into the Knowledge District Wilds. No one would find her here, not for a long time, not if she was careful. She knew her Aunt Bridget had gone into hiding somewhere out here, perhaps she could join up with her. Or maybe she was destined to live the life of a rogue now, fending for herself with no one else to care for her. It wasn't that far off from the life she had lived before. Just as she stopped to catch her breath, she heard the crack of a twig and jolted to a start. She was not alone. She scanned the undergrowth, her lower eyes picking up two heat signatures. she crouched deeper, hoping to get a sense of them before they could get a sense of her. "I sense someone nearby," A male's voice rose out of the darkness. "I'm picking up on their fear." Clarissa cursed. A skydancer. Of course it would be a skydancer. She turned to run deeper into the wilds, hoping to slip away before the pair could catch up. She didn't recognize them, so they must be Jett's scouts, sent to round up anyone who had run. "Do you think they are after us?" A female's voice wavered. "All of my father's warriors are going to be occupied at the palace. No one will have noticed that we are gone yet, they'll be too busy reveling in their victory," The skydancer soothed. "We're safe." Wait, did he just say he was [i]running [/i]from Jett? Clarissa was intrigued. Perhaps against her better judgement, she turned around to get a closer look, creeping through the foliage in the hopes of making an unseen observation. She was not so lucky. "Who goes there? I can tell you're hiding," The skydancer challenged. Clarissa slunk out of the undergrowth, feeling her shoulders ache with the scratches from her fight. Before her was a skydancer and a ridgeback, staring at her with equal fear and concern. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "What do you want with me," Clarissa spat. "I've had enough trouble tonight." "Did you flee the palace?" The ridgeback asked curiously. "What's it to you? Are you going to round me up with the rest of my father's family?" Clarissa growled. She didn't want to take her chances. "We're not here to hurt you. We're running from Jett as well," the skydancer explained. "I'm Kael, and this is Friehalt. We were raised as a part of the black market, but we want no part in it. Everyone was so riled up for the attack tonight, it was the perfect chance to slip away." "And why should I believe you?" Clarissa growled. "You could be lying to my face! You could be a spy!" "You're right, you don't have to trust us. We can go our separate ways," Kael pointed out. "But look, we stand a better chance of survival out here if we work together. The choice is yours. I'm not going to force you to stay if you don't want to. But you're also welcome to join us." Clarissa was suddenly aware how tired she was. The fight had taken its toll on her, and she didn't trust her hunting abilities. She was liable to starve, or be beaten up by some larger creature. "Oh what the hell?" Clarissa shrugged. "I've lost enough today, I don't think I can lose anymore. You've got yourself a deal." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] The tavern door swung open and Jett strode in, taking no note of the low fire or the empty counter. The tavern had closed early for the sake of the ball, though neither Seaberry nor Webb had attended. The bell rang loudly, announcing the wildclaw's presence and an imperial head turned the corner. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54969209][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You," Webb growled, eyes narrowed. "What do you want?" "Is that any way to speak to your King?" Jett purred. The imperial's eyes widened in shock. "Yes, it's true. Your beloved Age relinquished her throne to me. I rule The Forgotten Kingdom now. And now I have come for what's mine." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I'm not coming with you, Jett," Seaberry growled, stepping into the room. "I don't care if you're king or not, I don't want your power, I just want you to leave my family alone." "Ah, but what of [i]my[/i] family?" Jett asked, eyebrows raised. "Show them to me." "You're not taking them," Webb growled, stepping forward in an attempt to intimidate the king. "They have a family!" "Ah, you're stepping up to raise the children who aren't yours, how sweet," Jett cooed. "Don't you worry your little head, I won't take all of them. Just the strongest ones. I'll leave the rest of the weaklings for you to raise." "Only two survived," Seaberry warned, tone sharp. "Show them to me," Jett asked again. Seaberry exchanged a look with her mate, realizing there was no way out of this. "Come with me." The couple led Jett through the back and up the wooden stairs to their chambers. The spiral creaked open a door to reveal a bedroom. In the corner lay a nest of blankets, two spirals curled within. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59816351][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=111&bodygene=20&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=37&tertgene=20&winggene=13&wings=119&auth=35488e2d4ed3630708ddec4a89d288ad15f46e7a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59816354][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=82&bodygene=20&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=37&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=92&auth=3447998b9d2b681af760c5c93e41c4801141c8a0&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Jett stepped forward to examine his children. He looked over their sleeping forms carefully. "What are their names?" He said at last. "Kaori and Kestrel," Seaberry answered, pointing at either daughter as she spoke. Jett nodded, and conjured cloud of impossibly black magic. Seaberry yelped and leaped forward. "What are you doing to them?" She growled viciously, ready to protect her daughters with everything within her. "Checking to see if either of them carry the gift. I would advise not getting in the way," Jett said icily. His concentration did not waver. Finally, a small spark of similar magic was pulled out of Kestrel, and the wildclaw smiled in satisfaction. "This one is mine," he announced scooping her up. "You can keep the other. I do not care what you do with her." Seaberry and Webb were helpless to do anything as the king stepped past them and made his exit from the tavern, carrying with him their daughter. Behind them, Kaori slept soundly, unaware of what had transpired. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/106#post_42560753]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Gosh I have had a busy week. I wrote this chapter far later than I wanted to. School is just taking up so much time at the moment, and probably will for the next month. Once April rolls around though, I should be able to update far more frequently. Soon I'll be updating my lair to show which dragons are situated where in the clan, to help avoid confusion because I think allegiances are going to get a lot more complex from here on out. Also, heads up, I have not reached the end of my pinkerton backlog, but I figured enough was going on this chapter without adding in the next pull as well (an apparel pull). There are three kids of Seaberry and Jett remaining, if anyone wants any of them. The two prettiest didn't make it, and I am very sad about it. [b]You have until they are grown up to claim them.[/b] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59816352][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/598164/59816352_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59816353][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/598164/59816353_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59816355][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/598164/59816355_350.png[/img][/url][/center]

Day 118: The Trickmurk Ball
Ruffletail Slug
Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles

48760421_350.png

Blackwolf awoke in a cold sweat. In the darkness of the Trickmurk Circus, it was impossible to tell the time of day or night. The pearlcatcher glanced around, desperately trying to make out something - anything. The darkness of his dream was catching up with him, and combined with the council meeting the previous evening about Jett's apparent weaponized disease, Blackwolf was feeling sick.

The pearlcatcher fumbled around in the dark for his pearl, only just grasping it soon enough to catch the vomit of memory gunk as it poured from his mouth. It had been a long time since he had a memory this heavy.

As he worked to smooth the surface of his pearl once more, he felt a deep sense of dread sink into his heart. The day of his vision had finally arrived. Darkness was coming to the Forgotten Kingdom, and he didn't know if they could fight it.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=56613658&skin=0&apparel=21835,22257,21836,21841,21842&xt=dressing.png

Clarissa skulked at the edge of the ballroom. The atmosphere of the Trickmurk Ball was significantly more somber than any Queen Age had hosted previously. Everyone seemed to feel like the kingdom was dancing on the edge of a knife, and their destiny could fall either way. Clarissa didn't know what to think.

Everyone was worried about Jett, but she didn't see what the problem was. What gave her father's family the right to hold the crown anyways? Would having a new king really be a bad thing? Her mother hadn't thought so, not at first anyways. She refused to comment on the subject matter now, leaving Clarissa all the more confused. But then again, hadn't her Uncle Lucian warned of the coming attack?

This wasn't a conclusion she'd be able to come to in the course of an evening, she realized. How could it, when she had been trying to figure out where she stood in this conflict for years. Perhaps she best enjoy the ball as much as she could. Who knew if Jett would be up for balls.

The mirror wasn't one for dancing, but the food at least looked tasty. She grabbed a large turkey leg and moved to take a bite before she was interrupted by a voice from the shadows.
dragon?did=57922279&skin=0&apparel=32701,23030,25184,25179,25185,25183,32702&xt=dressing.png

"I wouldn't eat that if I were you. It's been poisoned. All the food has," A nocturne slipped out of the shadows, grin wide. Clarissa hadn't noticed her there before, and she dropped the poultry leg in shock.

"Sol! What are you doing here! Where have you been??? Dahlia's been completely distraught!" Clarissa exclaimed.

The nocturne simply shrugged. "I found a greater calling," she explained. "But seriously, you won't eat that if you know what's good for you."

"Is that a threat?" Clarissa narrowed her eyes.

Solstice opened her mouth to respond, but she was interrupted by a loud shattering noise. Glass rained down from the ceiling as a fierce looking dragon Clarissa had never seen before plummeted towards the ground, landing with a loud thump. The dragons halted their dancing and mingling to shriek and duck away from the falling shards. Her talons scraped the floor and thick, curved horns protruded from her skull. Her talons, mouth and wingtips seemed to be ablaze, and with a thunderous roar, she sent a bout of flames shooting around the room, catching on the tapestries and setting the walls ablaze.
dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=48&winggene=56&wings=79&auth=e94d6f41f27e15246685564537124055d80b0c94&dummyext=prev.png

Smoke filled the room as the historical weavings of the previous kingdom were reduced to ash. Clarissa tried to move to get a closer look, but the crowd was in a panic. Everyone seemed to be moving in different directions at once.

Suddenly, from the cacophony of screams and shouts, one voice rose above the rest.

"Raithyra?" Luci kicked off the ground and flew towards the strange dragon, landing in front of her.
dragon?did=50126640&skin=0&apparel=657,24516,494&xt=dressing.png

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" The dragon growled.

"It's me!" The wildclaw seemed taken aback. "Don't you recognize me? I'm you mother!"

Raithyra paused to examine the wildclaw, eyes narrowed. She then bowed her head to examine her own form.

"I was born of fire and fury, I have no mother," Raithyra's deep growl thundered throughout the room. Luci let out a cry of anguish.

"Oh, curse you Elladan!" The wildclaw growled, face contorted with fury.

"You will listen to me, or you will all perish painfully." Raithyra warned. "I have allies around the room, waiting for any of you to make a wrong move. They will slice your throat, no questions asked.

"That's my cue!" Solstice exclaimed, leaping forth to make herself known to the wider crowd.

Clarissa glanced around the room, catching sight of other dragons stepping out the shadows and into the light of the blaze. The firelight glinted across metallic blades and steely eyes. They were surrounded.
56238644p.png56606207p.png56940872p.png57799059p.png57854556p.png57854557p.png

"This isn't a fight you can win," Raithyra growled, victory glinting in her fiery eyes. "We have already won, and King Jett will take what is his."

Just as the words fell out of her mouth, another pair of shapes fell out of the shadows. Clarissa had never laid eyes on the forsaken prince, but there was no one else who this could be. Flanked by a skydancer with rows of vibrant pink eyes, he strode into the center of the ballroom, scanning over the cowering gathering of dragons.
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png

"Well, well well, I told you I'd be back," Jett smirked. "Now, why don't you all bow down to me, the true king of this kingdom."
dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910,16492&xt=dressing.png

"You have some nerve just waltzing in here after how badly we beat you last time," Age stepped forward. Her fur was singed from the flames, and sparks still glinted among her pelt. "You're not going to get the throne so easily. You think we won't stand and fight for what's ours?"

"No, I don't think you will," Jett grinned. Clarissa couldn't take her eyes off of him. The power he held, the confidence. It was everything the mirror had ever dreamed of. Here was a dragon who knew what he wanted and how to get it.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" Queen Age spat.

"Because the safety of your precious subjects are at risk. You see, I spiked the food with some samples of the disease that killed your precious grandson," Jett explained, his voice sickeningly cheery. "Now, I have stationed guards around the food tables to make sure no one actually ingested it, I'm not cruel, but I won't hesitate to be less benevolent in the future if you don't concede your crown. You saw how it ate Cedric alive from the inside out. You know none of you stand a chance against such a disease. I will make sure to wipe out every dragon who opposes me, as well as your entire family lines, unless you give me the throne. The fate of your beloved subjects is in your hands."

"You're a monster," Queen Age growled, taking a step back. "You care for nothing but power, don't speak to me about your benevolence. This is an act of blackmail."

"But you know I can do it," Jett took a step forward until he was nose to nose with the queen. "I will destroy everything you love until I get what I want. You can't stop me, but you can save the lives of those you love."

Age glanced around the room, meeting the gaze of every single dragon of the Forgotten Kingdom. A deep sadness filled her eyes. After what seemed like an eternity, she bowed her head and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she lifted the crown off of her head and threw it at the feet of Jett. It clattered around the room, breaking the tense silence. Jett grinned and picked it up, examining it before placing it on his head.

"Good girl," he purred. "Now, Raithyra, take my soldiers and round up every dragon of Age's lineage that you can find. I don't want anyone with any noble ideas of stealing what is rightfully mine."

Raithyra nodded, and turned on the crowd. Immediately, the dragons who had been standing along the edge moved, swiftly incapacitating the royal dragons. Clarissa watched, heart pounding. She wasn't sure if she was excited or terrified, but adrenaline ran through her veins. Her senses were so heightened that she could pick up on the approach of a dragon behind her. She turned with a snarl to meet Solstice in battle.

The nocturne's muscles held an unnatural strength, and despite her own training, Clarissa found herself floundering. It was clear that Solstice would soon overpower her. In a last ditch attempt to ward her off, she let out a shriek and sunk her teeth into the nocturne's shoulder, digging in until she tasted blood. She held on tight until she heard a snap. The nocturne's wing fell to her side, broken, and let out a yelp.

Clarissa saw her moment, and she took it. Slipping out the nearby door, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her down the corridor. She could hear no footsteps pursuing her, but she did not slow her pace until she burst out the palace doors and ran into the night, her breath running ragged in her chest.

She was free, but her kingdom was not.

Clarissa ran until she found herself deep into the Knowledge District Wilds. No one would find her here, not for a long time, not if she was careful. She knew her Aunt Bridget had gone into hiding somewhere out here, perhaps she could join up with her. Or maybe she was destined to live the life of a rogue now, fending for herself with no one else to care for her. It wasn't that far off from the life she had lived before.

Just as she stopped to catch her breath, she heard the crack of a twig and jolted to a start. She was not alone. She scanned the undergrowth, her lower eyes picking up two heat signatures. she crouched deeper, hoping to get a sense of them before they could get a sense of her.

"I sense someone nearby," A male's voice rose out of the darkness. "I'm picking up on their fear."

Clarissa cursed. A skydancer. Of course it would be a skydancer. She turned to run deeper into the wilds, hoping to slip away before the pair could catch up. She didn't recognize them, so they must be Jett's scouts, sent to round up anyone who had run.

"Do you think they are after us?" A female's voice wavered.

"All of my father's warriors are going to be occupied at the palace. No one will have noticed that we are gone yet, they'll be too busy reveling in their victory," The skydancer soothed. "We're safe."

Wait, did he just say he was running from Jett? Clarissa was intrigued. Perhaps against her better judgement, she turned around to get a closer look, creeping through the foliage in the hopes of making an unseen observation. She was not so lucky.

"Who goes there? I can tell you're hiding," The skydancer challenged.

Clarissa slunk out of the undergrowth, feeling her shoulders ache with the scratches from her fight. Before her was a skydancer and a ridgeback, staring at her with equal fear and concern.
dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png

"What do you want with me," Clarissa spat. "I've had enough trouble tonight."

"Did you flee the palace?" The ridgeback asked curiously.

"What's it to you? Are you going to round me up with the rest of my father's family?" Clarissa growled. She didn't want to take her chances.

"We're not here to hurt you. We're running from Jett as well," the skydancer explained. "I'm Kael, and this is Friehalt. We were raised as a part of the black market, but we want no part in it. Everyone was so riled up for the attack tonight, it was the perfect chance to slip away."

"And why should I believe you?" Clarissa growled. "You could be lying to my face! You could be a spy!"

"You're right, you don't have to trust us. We can go our separate ways," Kael pointed out. "But look, we stand a better chance of survival out here if we work together. The choice is yours. I'm not going to force you to stay if you don't want to. But you're also welcome to join us."

Clarissa was suddenly aware how tired she was. The fight had taken its toll on her, and she didn't trust her hunting abilities. She was liable to starve, or be beaten up by some larger creature.

"Oh what the hell?" Clarissa shrugged. "I've lost enough today, I don't think I can lose anymore. You've got yourself a deal."

The tavern door swung open and Jett strode in, taking no note of the low fire or the empty counter. The tavern had closed early for the sake of the ball, though neither Seaberry nor Webb had attended. The bell rang loudly, announcing the wildclaw's presence and an imperial head turned the corner.
dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png

"You," Webb growled, eyes narrowed. "What do you want?"

"Is that any way to speak to your King?" Jett purred. The imperial's eyes widened in shock. "Yes, it's true. Your beloved Age relinquished her throne to me. I rule The Forgotten Kingdom now. And now I have come for what's mine."
dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png

"I'm not coming with you, Jett," Seaberry growled, stepping into the room. "I don't care if you're king or not, I don't want your power, I just want you to leave my family alone."

"Ah, but what of my family?" Jett asked, eyebrows raised. "Show them to me."

"You're not taking them," Webb growled, stepping forward in an attempt to intimidate the king. "They have a family!"

"Ah, you're stepping up to raise the children who aren't yours, how sweet," Jett cooed. "Don't you worry your little head, I won't take all of them. Just the strongest ones. I'll leave the rest of the weaklings for you to raise."

"Only two survived," Seaberry warned, tone sharp.

"Show them to me," Jett asked again.

Seaberry exchanged a look with her mate, realizing there was no way out of this. "Come with me."

The couple led Jett through the back and up the wooden stairs to their chambers. The spiral creaked open a door to reveal a bedroom. In the corner lay a nest of blankets, two spirals curled within.
dragon?age=0&body=111&bodygene=20&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=37&tertgene=20&winggene=13&wings=119&auth=35488e2d4ed3630708ddec4a89d288ad15f46e7a&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=82&bodygene=20&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=37&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=92&auth=3447998b9d2b681af760c5c93e41c4801141c8a0&dummyext=prev.png

Jett stepped forward to examine his children. He looked over their sleeping forms carefully.

"What are their names?" He said at last.

"Kaori and Kestrel," Seaberry answered, pointing at either daughter as she spoke.

Jett nodded, and conjured cloud of impossibly black magic. Seaberry yelped and leaped forward.

"What are you doing to them?" She growled viciously, ready to protect her daughters with everything within her.

"Checking to see if either of them carry the gift. I would advise not getting in the way," Jett said icily. His concentration did not waver. Finally, a small spark of similar magic was pulled out of Kestrel, and the wildclaw smiled in satisfaction.

"This one is mine," he announced scooping her up. "You can keep the other. I do not care what you do with her."

Seaberry and Webb were helpless to do anything as the king stepped past them and made his exit from the tavern, carrying with him their daughter. Behind them, Kaori slept soundly, unaware of what had transpired.

Gosh I have had a busy week. I wrote this chapter far later than I wanted to. School is just taking up so much time at the moment, and probably will for the next month. Once April rolls around though, I should be able to update far more frequently.

Soon I'll be updating my lair to show which dragons are situated where in the clan, to help avoid confusion because I think allegiances are going to get a lot more complex from here on out.

Also, heads up, I have not reached the end of my pinkerton backlog, but I figured enough was going on this chapter without adding in the next pull as well (an apparel pull).

There are three kids of Seaberry and Jett remaining, if anyone wants any of them. The two prettiest didn't make it, and I am very sad about it. You have until they are grown up to claim them.
59816352_350.png
59816353_350.png
59816355_350.png
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 141 142