Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 141 142
@Dakala

Hehehe, we'll have to see!
@Dakala

Hehehe, we'll have to see!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/102#post_42289218]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 115: Even if the Skies Get Rough[/u][/b] [item=maple leaf][item=berserker][item=marksman's wing cover] Sentence: Writing, Death Streak Roll, Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55991001][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55991001&skin=20621&apparel=17139,1708,13819,13795,13811,13835,13843,13851&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55890444][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55890444&skin=18014&apparel=3285&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Are you sure that this is necessary?" Cedric asked slowly trailing after his mate. Her longer legs gave way to greater strides to begin with, not the mention the urgency in which she moved. The snapper looked over his shoulder at the city as it slipped behind the overgrowth of the Knowledge District Wilds. "Cedric, you have a crazy prince out for you and your bloodline," Marasi reminded him. "I don't want you getting hurt, and I certainly don't want our children getting hurt." Cedric sighed and glanced at the three eggs resting on his back. They hadn't exactly been planned, Marasi hadn't wanted kids, but ever since their arrival, she had her heart set on being a perfect mother. That meant protecting their offspring at all costs. "I just feel like we're abandoning everyone. Caroll is still in danger, as is Dusk. Solstice went missing the other day. We're in the middle of a war, and we can't just leave everyone to fight it on our own," Cedric pointed out. Though he didn't raise his voice, Marasi could tell he wasn't happy with her decision. "We also have little ones to think about now," Marasi shot back, letting her anger into her voice. "Edna was stolen from the nest, who's to say Jett won't want our kids too? Or even worse, what if he kills them? We're going to be parents, and that means our kids come first." She could tell from Cedric's sigh that she was getting through to him. He wasn't one for big arguments, and she was far more headstrong than he was. Deep down, he knew that she was right. The couple walked until they came to a large observatory. It was well past the old library, and the healing centre where Darkstar had made her home. Marasi lead her mate around the perimeter until she found an old stone structure that looked relatively intact. She walked around the outside, scanning for weaknesses. It would be a bit cramped for her size, and would only become increasingly so if their kids were ridgebacks as well, but it would do. They were close enough to Darkstar to go to her for help should they need it, but far enough away that it was unlikely Jett would find them here. They were close to the border of the city in case they needed to make a break for it It was perfect. "What do you think?" Marasi asked, turning to Cedric, who looked exhausted. "It's kind of small," was all he could bring himself to say in protest. "But it's safe," Marasi pointed out. "It's safe," Cedric agreed. "Let's get the kids settled." It took some time to build a nest for the eggs. Using a combination of the natural plant life and the blankets they had brought, they constructed a cozy place where the eggs could be kept safe until the time came for them to hatch. Then, once they were sure they were secure, they unpacked the rest of the meager belongings they had time to pack. Before long, the structure was starting to look a little more like a home. "See? I told you it would clean up nicely!" Marasi grinned toothily. "It is pretty nice, isn't it?" Cedric cracked a smile. "Hey? Are those the stars?" Marasi followed his gaze to a small crack in the ceiling. They had been working so long that night had come, and the sky was awash with stars. there were far more visible out here than in the city, and Marasi found her breath catching in her chest. It was beautiful. She could already imagine raising a family here. "I love you, you know that?" Cedric asked, leaning into his mate. Marasi curled her tail around his smaller form, making sure none of her spikes pierced his skin. "No matter what happens, I'm not going to give up on us or out family." "Good, because I'm not giving up either," Marasi smirked. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Marasi had fallen asleep, and Cedric was left alone with his thoughts. He was glad to see her so happy, but he still had his doubts about being so far from his family. He missed his mother and his brother, and his grandfather. He wondered what his father would have done. He guessed he would have left, after all, wasn't that what he already did? He left that palace for life with Cedric's mother and Aunt Karma? "Why do I have such a hard time trying to do the right thing?" Cedric sighed, looking up at the stars. He didn't know if his father could hear him or not, but it was comforting to feel like he could. Feeling restless, Cedric decided to go for a walk. Leaving his mate and children behind, he delved into the wilds. It was ironic, really, that the Knowledge District had come to be known as the wilds. Sure, it was overgrown, but it was hardly dangerous. The only creatures he had ever come across were prey animals. Wilds seemed to imply danger and fierce creatures, like the Shrieking Wilds of the Viridian Labyrinth. Cedric found himself feeling more at ease among the trees and plants. He knew plants. They were his passion. He would have to shape the surrounding greenery into some sort of garden - that would give him something to do out here. Just as the thought crossed his mind, he heard the snapping of a twig. "Hello?" Cedric called out, but he heard no response. Suddenly, the plants around him began shriveling a dying, as though his by some disease. Something big was approaching, at least the size of a dragon. Cedric found himself backing away, trying to find his way back to the house, but he was lost. The more he walked, the more diseased plants he found. They seemed to be forming some sort of a trail, like some creature was causing it. Had something made its way here from the Scarred Wasteland? The very thought sent a tremor of fear through Cedric. Suddenly, there was an inhuman growl and a large creature leaped at Cedric. He barely had any time to react. He tried to move out of its path, but he was too slow. He felt claws scrabble at his scales and mighty jaws sink into his flesh. He let out a yelp of pain. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52818575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=301758&skin=0&apparel=32034,14888,28784,32044,25019,25025&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It was difficult to tell in the dark, but it looked to be similar in shape to a mirror, but something was horribly, terribly wrong. It's skin was blistering and stretched, clearly festering with some sort of terrible disease. Cedric wanted nothing more than to flee from it, but it had such a tight grasp on him that it was impossible to shake off. It just kept swiping at his skin with its claws and spitting at him. After what seemed like an eternity, Cedric slumped over. And intense wave of exhaustion passed over him - a rare sensation for a snapper, and his eyes slipped closed. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I've never seen anything like it," Darkstar admitted, trying to ignore the way that Marasi was glaring at her. "I don't know how much I can do." "But you'll fix him, right?" Marasi growled. She was irritated at having been awoken from her slumber, but she was even more irritated to learn that that Cedric had been attacked and fallen ill. "Mar, I'm not going to lie to you," Darkstar sighed. "This looks like something straight out of the Wyrmwound. He's not himself, and for the disease to have taken hold so quickly-" "But you have to help him! I need him!" Marasi spat. "If this is truly a disease from plague, he's not going to stand much of a chance. He's a shadow dragon, and that makes him particularly susceptible to illness. Besides, it looks extremely contagious and we can't have it spreading thoughout the clan. We already have enough to worry about with Jett. Add in a disease, and this could wipe out the kingdom," Darkstar sighed. "Maybe we truly are cursed. Maybe no one was really meant to live here." "But we have to do something! I refuse to believe there's nothing we can do!" Marasi growled. "All we can really do is wait, I'm afraid," Darkstar admitted. "I'm sorry, if there was something I could do, I would do it." "But I need him! I love him! We're having a nest together! I can't raise them on their own!" Marasi spat. Darkstar's eyes widened in shock at Marasi's news, then fell into a deep sadness. "What! What is it?" Marasi snapped. "You're going to have to be prepared to do this without him, I'm sorry," Darkstar told her. "Don't say you're sorry if you don't actually mean it," Marasi growled. The ridgeback turned and stormed away. She couldn't let Darkstar see the tears rolling down her cheeks. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] A few days later, Darkstar arrived with the news that Cedric had died. Marasi spat in her face and unleashed a verbal storm upon the other ridgeback, but she wished she hadn't. Her anger wouldn't bring Cedric back. Nothing would. It was like there was a deep emptiness inside of her. The only thing keeping her from falling into a deep sense of despair was her duty to the nest. She was all they had now, and she would protect them with her dying breath. Marasi spent most of her days curled around them, protecting them from any further harm. She left only to hunt, and never went far. She had given up seafood, as finding a good source of fish would require further journeys from the house. Instead, she padded her belly with plants and small creatures. She could feel her body growing weaker without her preferred food source, but she couldn't bring herself to leave. One morning, she was roused from her sleep by a knock at the door. Her eyes stung as she opened them, swollen from another night of crying. "What do you want?" She growled as she peeked out of the house. To her surprise, she saw an imperial she didn't recognize standing before her. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58040371][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=58040371&skin=0&apparel=20634,20548,20600,20568,20602&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Marasi? I'm Zain. I live in the area. Darkstar told me about what happened. I'm sorry," He said. "Yeah? Well sorry won't do anything," Marasi spat, "So get lost!" Zain didn't even flinch. "I brought something for you." He swung a bag off of his shoulders and opened it up, revealing a large supply of fresh fish. Marasi's mouth started watering just looking at it. "Why are you doing this for me?" She growled, snapping her gaze back to match Zain's evenly and licking her lips to try to quell the saliva. "Because I know you're hurting, and fish is hard to come by here. I eat seafood myself, and I often find myself catching more than I need. I thought you might appreciate it." Zain offered. Marasi snorted, took another look at the fish, and snatched it up. Grunting her thanks, she retreated into the house, where she began to scarf it down. She couldn't remember the last time she had a proper meal, and she had never tasted anything so good. Zain returned the next day, and the next, and Marasi eventually found herself conversing more and more with the imperial. She was loathe to admit it, but it appeared she had made another friend. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55596766][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55596766&skin=0&apparel=814,308,363,352,337,23030&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Night had fallen once more over the Forgotten Kingdom, and Frederick was on a quest. He had heard tell of a strange disease that had manifested on the fringe of the city, and was too curious to leave it unexplored. The bogsneak slunk though the undergrowth, careful to remain unseen by anything that might still be out. Eventually, he came to a portion where the plants were shriveled and dying, clearly touched by the disease. Grinning, he slipped on his gloves and picked a few diseased plants, securing them in a vial. Some sort of saliva glistened on them, residue from whatever creature had left it there. This was exactly what Jett needed. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/103#post_42312209]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Hello! You all get another chapter, because I hit a good streak of inspiration and wanted to write a little more to get the story moving again! I think it helps delving more into the lives of some of the characters who haven't made a very big appearance lately. Originally, I had another pair in mind for the nesting pull, but then Cedric died in the death streak and I realized I hadn't had the chance to breed him and Marasi yet, and that's what sparked this whole chapter. Also, special thanks to @Dynami for letting me use Virus to kick off this next part of my lore! It was exactly the missing piece I needed for everything to fall into place! [b]If anyone wants Cedric, you have until his nest hatches on Friday February 21st to claim him, otherwise he will be exalted.[/b]

Day 115: Even if the Skies Get Rough
Maple Leaf Berserker Marksman's Wing Cover
Sentence: Writing, Death Streak Roll, Breed/Scroll a Dragon

dragon?did=55991001&skin=20621&apparel=17139,1708,13819,13795,13811,13835,13843,13851&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55890444&skin=18014&apparel=3285&xt=dressing.png

"Are you sure that this is necessary?" Cedric asked slowly trailing after his mate. Her longer legs gave way to greater strides to begin with, not the mention the urgency in which she moved. The snapper looked over his shoulder at the city as it slipped behind the overgrowth of the Knowledge District Wilds.

"Cedric, you have a crazy prince out for you and your bloodline," Marasi reminded him. "I don't want you getting hurt, and I certainly don't want our children getting hurt."

Cedric sighed and glanced at the three eggs resting on his back. They hadn't exactly been planned, Marasi hadn't wanted kids, but ever since their arrival, she had her heart set on being a perfect mother. That meant protecting their offspring at all costs.

"I just feel like we're abandoning everyone. Caroll is still in danger, as is Dusk. Solstice went missing the other day. We're in the middle of a war, and we can't just leave everyone to fight it on our own," Cedric pointed out. Though he didn't raise his voice, Marasi could tell he wasn't happy with her decision.

"We also have little ones to think about now," Marasi shot back, letting her anger into her voice. "Edna was stolen from the nest, who's to say Jett won't want our kids too? Or even worse, what if he kills them? We're going to be parents, and that means our kids come first."

She could tell from Cedric's sigh that she was getting through to him. He wasn't one for big arguments, and she was far more headstrong than he was. Deep down, he knew that she was right.

The couple walked until they came to a large observatory. It was well past the old library, and the healing centre where Darkstar had made her home. Marasi lead her mate around the perimeter until she found an old stone structure that looked relatively intact. She walked around the outside, scanning for weaknesses. It would be a bit cramped for her size, and would only become increasingly so if their kids were ridgebacks as well, but it would do. They were close enough to Darkstar to go to her for help should they need it, but far enough away that it was unlikely Jett would find them here. They were close to the border of the city in case they needed to make a break for it It was perfect.

"What do you think?" Marasi asked, turning to Cedric, who looked exhausted.

"It's kind of small," was all he could bring himself to say in protest.

"But it's safe," Marasi pointed out.

"It's safe," Cedric agreed. "Let's get the kids settled."

It took some time to build a nest for the eggs. Using a combination of the natural plant life and the blankets they had brought, they constructed a cozy place where the eggs could be kept safe until the time came for them to hatch. Then, once they were sure they were secure, they unpacked the rest of the meager belongings they had time to pack. Before long, the structure was starting to look a little more like a home.

"See? I told you it would clean up nicely!" Marasi grinned toothily.

"It is pretty nice, isn't it?" Cedric cracked a smile. "Hey? Are those the stars?"

Marasi followed his gaze to a small crack in the ceiling. They had been working so long that night had come, and the sky was awash with stars. there were far more visible out here than in the city, and Marasi found her breath catching in her chest. It was beautiful. She could already imagine raising a family here.

"I love you, you know that?" Cedric asked, leaning into his mate. Marasi curled her tail around his smaller form, making sure none of her spikes pierced his skin. "No matter what happens, I'm not going to give up on us or out family."

"Good, because I'm not giving up either," Marasi smirked.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

Marasi had fallen asleep, and Cedric was left alone with his thoughts. He was glad to see her so happy, but he still had his doubts about being so far from his family. He missed his mother and his brother, and his grandfather. He wondered what his father would have done. He guessed he would have left, after all, wasn't that what he already did? He left that palace for life with Cedric's mother and Aunt Karma?

"Why do I have such a hard time trying to do the right thing?" Cedric sighed, looking up at the stars. He didn't know if his father could hear him or not, but it was comforting to feel like he could.

Feeling restless, Cedric decided to go for a walk. Leaving his mate and children behind, he delved into the wilds.

It was ironic, really, that the Knowledge District had come to be known as the wilds. Sure, it was overgrown, but it was hardly dangerous. The only creatures he had ever come across were prey animals. Wilds seemed to imply danger and fierce creatures, like the Shrieking Wilds of the Viridian Labyrinth.

Cedric found himself feeling more at ease among the trees and plants. He knew plants. They were his passion. He would have to shape the surrounding greenery into some sort of garden - that would give him something to do out here.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, he heard the snapping of a twig.

"Hello?" Cedric called out, but he heard no response. Suddenly, the plants around him began shriveling a dying, as though his by some disease. Something big was approaching, at least the size of a dragon. Cedric found himself backing away, trying to find his way back to the house, but he was lost.

The more he walked, the more diseased plants he found. They seemed to be forming some sort of a trail, like some creature was causing it. Had something made its way here from the Scarred Wasteland? The very thought sent a tremor of fear through Cedric.

Suddenly, there was an inhuman growl and a large creature leaped at Cedric. He barely had any time to react. He tried to move out of its path, but he was too slow. He felt claws scrabble at his scales and mighty jaws sink into his flesh. He let out a yelp of pain.
scry?sdid=301758&skin=0&apparel=32034,14888,28784,32044,25019,25025&xt=dressing.png

It was difficult to tell in the dark, but it looked to be similar in shape to a mirror, but something was horribly, terribly wrong. It's skin was blistering and stretched, clearly festering with some sort of terrible disease. Cedric wanted nothing more than to flee from it, but it had such a tight grasp on him that it was impossible to shake off. It just kept swiping at his skin with its claws and spitting at him.

After what seemed like an eternity, Cedric slumped over. And intense wave of exhaustion passed over him - a rare sensation for a snapper, and his eyes slipped closed.

dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

"I've never seen anything like it," Darkstar admitted, trying to ignore the way that Marasi was glaring at her. "I don't know how much I can do."

"But you'll fix him, right?" Marasi growled. She was irritated at having been awoken from her slumber, but she was even more irritated to learn that that Cedric had been attacked and fallen ill.

"Mar, I'm not going to lie to you," Darkstar sighed. "This looks like something straight out of the Wyrmwound. He's not himself, and for the disease to have taken hold so quickly-"

"But you have to help him! I need him!" Marasi spat.

"If this is truly a disease from plague, he's not going to stand much of a chance. He's a shadow dragon, and that makes him particularly susceptible to illness. Besides, it looks extremely contagious and we can't have it spreading thoughout the clan. We already have enough to worry about with Jett. Add in a disease, and this could wipe out the kingdom," Darkstar sighed. "Maybe we truly are cursed. Maybe no one was really meant to live here."

"But we have to do something! I refuse to believe there's nothing we can do!" Marasi growled.

"All we can really do is wait, I'm afraid," Darkstar admitted. "I'm sorry, if there was something I could do, I would do it."

"But I need him! I love him! We're having a nest together! I can't raise them on their own!" Marasi spat.

Darkstar's eyes widened in shock at Marasi's news, then fell into a deep sadness.

"What! What is it?" Marasi snapped.

"You're going to have to be prepared to do this without him, I'm sorry," Darkstar told her.

"Don't say you're sorry if you don't actually mean it," Marasi growled. The ridgeback turned and stormed away. She couldn't let Darkstar see the tears rolling down her cheeks.

A few days later, Darkstar arrived with the news that Cedric had died. Marasi spat in her face and unleashed a verbal storm upon the other ridgeback, but she wished she hadn't. Her anger wouldn't bring Cedric back. Nothing would. It was like there was a deep emptiness inside of her. The only thing keeping her from falling into a deep sense of despair was her duty to the nest. She was all they had now, and she would protect them with her dying breath.

Marasi spent most of her days curled around them, protecting them from any further harm. She left only to hunt, and never went far. She had given up seafood, as finding a good source of fish would require further journeys from the house. Instead, she padded her belly with plants and small creatures. She could feel her body growing weaker without her preferred food source, but she couldn't bring herself to leave.

One morning, she was roused from her sleep by a knock at the door. Her eyes stung as she opened them, swollen from another night of crying.

"What do you want?" She growled as she peeked out of the house. To her surprise, she saw an imperial she didn't recognize standing before her.
dragon?did=58040371&skin=0&apparel=20634,20548,20600,20568,20602&xt=dressing.png

"Marasi? I'm Zain. I live in the area. Darkstar told me about what happened. I'm sorry," He said.

"Yeah? Well sorry won't do anything," Marasi spat, "So get lost!"

Zain didn't even flinch. "I brought something for you." He swung a bag off of his shoulders and opened it up, revealing a large supply of fresh fish. Marasi's mouth started watering just looking at it.

"Why are you doing this for me?" She growled, snapping her gaze back to match Zain's evenly and licking her lips to try to quell the saliva.

"Because I know you're hurting, and fish is hard to come by here. I eat seafood myself, and I often find myself catching more than I need. I thought you might appreciate it." Zain offered.

Marasi snorted, took another look at the fish, and snatched it up. Grunting her thanks, she retreated into the house, where she began to scarf it down. She couldn't remember the last time she had a proper meal, and she had never tasted anything so good.

Zain returned the next day, and the next, and Marasi eventually found herself conversing more and more with the imperial. She was loathe to admit it, but it appeared she had made another friend.

dragon?did=55596766&skin=0&apparel=814,308,363,352,337,23030&xt=dressing.png

Night had fallen once more over the Forgotten Kingdom, and Frederick was on a quest. He had heard tell of a strange disease that had manifested on the fringe of the city, and was too curious to leave it unexplored.

The bogsneak slunk though the undergrowth, careful to remain unseen by anything that might still be out. Eventually, he came to a portion where the plants were shriveled and dying, clearly touched by the disease. Grinning, he slipped on his gloves and picked a few diseased plants, securing them in a vial. Some sort of saliva glistened on them, residue from whatever creature had left it there.

This was exactly what Jett needed.

Hello! You all get another chapter, because I hit a good streak of inspiration and wanted to write a little more to get the story moving again! I think it helps delving more into the lives of some of the characters who haven't made a very big appearance lately.

Originally, I had another pair in mind for the nesting pull, but then Cedric died in the death streak and I realized I hadn't had the chance to breed him and Marasi yet, and that's what sparked this whole chapter.

Also, special thanks to @Dynami for letting me use Virus to kick off this next part of my lore! It was exactly the missing piece I needed for everything to fall into place!

If anyone wants Cedric, you have until his nest hatches on Friday February 21st to claim him, otherwise he will be exalted.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall So much lore at once *-* Poor Cedric though, he deserved better :(
@Petall So much lore at once *-* Poor Cedric though, he deserved better :(
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

Yeah! I won't usually write that much, but I really wanted to make sure I was getting back into the story! And yeah, I'm sad to see him go...
@Drachenschwinge

Yeah! I won't usually write that much, but I really wanted to make sure I was getting back into the story! And yeah, I'm sad to see him go...
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/103#post_42291743]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 116: The Initiate[/u][/b] [item=buttercup lace headpiece][item=fir branch][item=berserker][item=wood shrimp] Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon, Writing, Death Streak Roll, 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57922279][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57922279&skin=0&apparel=32701,23030,25184,25179,25185,25183,32702&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238644][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238644&skin=0&apparel=17885,17912,17930,17903,17921,17894&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Solstice, I take it?" The skydancer asked, peering out from the wide brim of his sleep brown hat. He grinned the same crooked grin Jett had. Was this his son? "How did you know?" Solstice asked, holding her ground. "I knew you would be here," the skydancer said, glancing up at the waxing moon above their heads. "Plus, I could sense your nerves long before you caught sight of me. If you had just been out for a midnight stroll, those wouldn't have kicked in until much later." "You're good at this," Solstice sniffed, reluctant to admit it. "Have enough training and you'll be able to do it too," the skydancer flashed another wry smile. "My name's Kobe, I've come to bring you to the Black Market." "How do you know that's what I decided," Solstice shot back. "I know, Sol," Kobe raised his eyebrows. "Now tell me, am I wrong." The nocturne shifted her feet sheepishly. "No," she muttered, adopting Dahlia's voice. Damn! She had forgotten about Dahlia! She hadn't even said goodbye... No, that was a good thing. If she stopped to say goodbye, she would back out of this crazy deal. Her sister would never understand why she was doing this. In fact, she didn't even completely understand why she was doing this, only that the thrall of power Jett offered her was too great. "Are you a Shade Mage too?" Solstice asked as the two set off through the empty city streets. "No, I was not born with the gift," Kobe's smile grew sad. "Father didn't want to risk giving it to me, not after what happened with Yellan. He said I was far too important. My younger sister, Kala, she was born with such powers. Mine come from elsewhere." Again, the skydancer's gaze was drawn to the moon. "Who's Yellan?" Solstice asked. "My father's original subject," Kobe explained. "She was going to be his chosen one. See, he seeks to build a royal line of Shade-touched mages, determined by power and not by bloodline. Unfortunately, she was too weak, and she was devoured by the Shade." "Wait," Solstice stopped in her tracks. "Jett fed me Shade knowing full well my body might not be able to handle it? Jett knowingly gave me something not knowing if I would survive?" "Well, he knew you stood a pretty good chance. You had already been exposed to the Shade, having been born in the Year of Night," Kobe laughed to himself. "But yes, that very much is my father's way of doing things. He rarely thinks of consequences. Which is why it is a very good thing he has my mother on his side. She tempers his rash nature quite nicely. She will make a good queen, I think, and help us not to spiral into complete and utter chaos. Now, are you just going to stand there, or are you going to come with me?" "I'm coming," Solstice grumbled, once again extending her wings to join the skydancer prince. The pair traveled in silence for some time until they reached a thick wall of fog. Kobe whispered something, and stepped through, disappearing in the mist. Solstice's eyes widened, and then she followed, surprised to find the fog giving way to her entrance. On the other side, they broke into a dim street, wide and lined with rundown buildings. They did not seem to be occupied in the same way that the buildings of the city were. Where the kingdom's buildings were light and merry, as thought fighting to display that they were not abandoned and broken like the buildings surrounding them, only the shadows of dragons moving through dark windows gave any indication that the street was occupied at all. In the corner, a large tattered circus tent stood, and flashes of elemental magic could be seen behind the fabric. "That's our training grounds," Kobe nodded. "I spend a fair bit of time there. I expect I'll see a lot of you once you start learning how to wield your Shade magic. But for now, I'll take you to your quarters to get settled. Don't get too comfortable though. I think my father plans on making a move on the palace soon. You came just in time." Solstice felt a quick shiver of anxiety at his words, before she reminded herself that she was no longer one of the royals. This was her family now, this was where she would belong. Here she would have power beyond imagining, and here she might actually have a chance at the throne should Jett fall after taking it. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57799060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url]][/center] Friehalt jumped as she heard a knock at her door, jolting her out of her daydream. She almost hit her head on the ceiling, still unaccustomed to her full size after having been asleep for a year. "Come in!" She screeched, hoping that it wasn't her sister. She was supposed to be training, but she found herself getting lost in her thoughts again. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "It's just me," Kael said, creaking the door open and sliding in with a smile. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you are hiding out here." "Oh thank goodness," Friehalt sighed. "What's up?" The skydancer had been spending more and more time with her ever since Yellan and Katie had died. She suspected he was rather lonely after having lost his sister and his best friend, and she seemed to be the only dragon who's company he actually liked. "Someone new has joined," Kael admitted. "Her name is Solstice, and apparently she's Shade-touched. My father has found another. That leaves him with two potential heirs." "I'll bet Fallstar is pleased about that," Friehalt smirked. She knew her sisters had ambitions of gaining shade magic so that she could rise the ranks of the clan. She seemed endlessly bitter that she had not inherited any of their mother's abilities." "She doesn't know yet, I don't think. She's busy training with Raithyra," Kael explained. "Bets on who's going to win?" Friehalt offered. "Oh, I don't know, your sister's getting pretty good. She might actually hit Raithyra sooner or later!" Kael laughed. "Speaking of which, that's the other bit of news I wanted to bring you. Apparently Solstice is moving in with her." "Yeesh, Raithyra's not going to be happy to have a roommate," Friehalt winced. "I pity this Solstice." "From what I've heard, she's pretty gutsy. I think she'll fit in here quite well," Kael said grimly. "She ditched the royal family to join us. Not that she was related to them by blood, but still, that says something." "I just don't get why someone would do that! I'd give anything to not be born in this dump!" Friehalt exclaimed. "I don't want to kill things, but that seems to be all anyone is good for here. There has to be more than this!" Kael didn't respond right away, instead staring at the ridgeback. It seemed like eons before he spoke. "Run away with me," he breathed. "What?" Friehalt was taken aback. "I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't see you that way..." "No, not like that! I just mean, we're both don't belong here. Everyone knows it. Why don't we just leave? If dragons like Solstice can jump ship and switch sides, why can't we?" Kael said, growing more excited. "I mean, Yellan and I always talked about it, but never seriously. But I don't want to see either of us dead just because we don't want to be fierce warriors or anything." "You mean, we can really live a life beyond all this?" Friehalt asked, joining the skydancer in his excitement. "You think they'd really take us?" "Friehalt, let me tell you a secret I've never told your sister or your mother," Kael sighed, suddenly looking very guilty. He sat down, and looked away. "After your mother hatched, I was sent on a mission. I didn't want to do it, but I didn't know how to stand up to my father either, so I obeyed. Rumor had it that one of the princes, Dusk, had fathered a rather powerful dragon." "You mean Elixabete?" Friehalt as confused. Everyone knew about Elixa. They had been warned about her dual abilities in training. "Well, yes, but they had another, more powerful child. One that could wield all the elements. It was my job to steal her so we could raise her to be one of our own warriors," Kael shifted uncomfortably. Friehalt felt the pieces of his story shifting in her mind, almost fitting together, but not quite. "What are you saying, Kael?" Friehalt asked, hardly daring to speak it in case it wasn't true. "That hatchling was your mother. You are a princess, Friehalt." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Midnight had fallen over the Forgotten Kingdom. The last customer had checked out, and Seaberry was cleaning the last of the tables before turning in to join Webb in bed. The warrior always turned in early, and she always looked forward to snuggling into him after a long day of work. Just as she finished the last table and swung the damp towel over a rafter to dry, she heard the bell on the door ring. She frowned. She had been so certain that she had locked it. She looked up to see the face of a dragon she had hoped to never see again. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] He had grown up since she had last seen him. Not in size, but his face looked more serious, more mature. All that remained of the idiot she had fallen for and grown to hate was a hint of a crooked smile that spread wider as he laid his hungry eyes upon her. "Seaberry, it's been a while," He purred deeply, sending a warm tingling through Seaberry. She shook her head, trying to shake herself out of it. "Jett, you are not welcome here," she growled. "I thought I made that clear last time." "But things have changed," Jett grinned, drawing so close that she could smell him and feel his breath on her scales. "You're talking to your future king here." It took all her willpower not to give into his charm in that moment. Memories came back of that night they had spent together, all those years ago. The night Karma had come to be. "Why are you here, Jett. You already have a queen," Seaberry spat through gritted teeth. "Scoril is sweet, but she has no drive and ambition of her own," Jett admitted. "I admire her loyalty, but when the time comes to rule, I need someone greater by my side, someone with your spirit." "I have a mate," Seaberry said, just as much to remind herself as she was him. "And yet you itch for something more, don't you. You are not the sort to be tied down by one man, I see that. If you were to be my queen, I would not expect you to love only me. My heirs are not to be defined by blood, but power, and of course, I would have outside relations of my own," Jett explained, his voice dripping like honey. "But we'd be so good together." Seaberry's breath caught in her throat as he wound around her, twisting her body until she was wrapped around him. She wanted this so bad, but she couldn't. "I don't want you," She lied. "Really?" Jett cocked his head as he slipped her off. Because I think what is happening between us right now is saying something very different. Seaberry felt a surge of emotion as her elemental magic was pulled from her. It joined with a string of elemental magic pouring out of Jett, and there was a flash of light. When it faded, five eggs lay on the table next to them. Seaberry's eyes bugged out of their sockets as she stared in shock at her new creations. "See, what did I tell you? Five eggs. You know we only could have done that if we were both feeling what we were as intensely as we did," he whispered, sending shivers down her spine. "That wasn't a result of anything physical, or a deliberate combination of magic. Our combined emotions formed those children. That means something. The only other time I've heard of that happening here was when Age's egg was formed. These children are destined for greatness." Seaberry was too caught up in her emotions to think anymore of Webb. Now, Jett was all that she could see, and the emotions she had long buried in her heart came rushing back. She wanted him. She had never loved another the way she loved him. Gosh, Karma was going to kill her. "Just think about it," Jett murmured. Seaberry could feel his breath on her ear, and she wanted nothing more than to curl into him. Before she could, however, he stepped away, leaving only a chilled breeze where the prince once stood. There was the ring of a bell, and he was gone, leaving the spiral to the eggs. She wasn't sure how she felt about them. On the one hand, their creation had been the most amazing thing she had ever experienced, but on the other hand- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54969209][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Was someone just here? I thought I heard something," Webb's voice floated from the back of the tavern. Seaberry turned to see her mate and reality came crashing back down. She was too small to hide the eggs, she could only watch as the imperial's eyes fell upon the proof of her unfaithful heart. As his face fell, she could almost swear she could hear the shattering of his heart. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/104#post_42391825]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24[/center] ----- Lots happening in this chapter, and now things are really picking up speed!!! I've been wanting to breed Seaberry and Jett again for forever, but gosh, I wasn't expecting them to give me that many eggs! I'm excited though!!! Jett isn't really the sort of dragon to be committed to one dragon for life, so I knew he and Scoril wouldn't be exclusive forever. Also, I've recently organized my lair so you can see more easily who is on what side! I have a section for the main kingdom, and then another section for the Black Market. Death streak was a no, and Coli was Marasi, Solstice and Kobe. All three of them are now level 4!

Day 116: The Initiate
Buttercup Lace Headpiece Fir Branch Berserker Wood Shrimp
Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon, Writing, Death Streak Roll, 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?did=57922279&skin=0&apparel=32701,23030,25184,25179,25185,25183,32702&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56238644&skin=0&apparel=17885,17912,17930,17903,17921,17894&xt=dressing.png

"Solstice, I take it?" The skydancer asked, peering out from the wide brim of his sleep brown hat. He grinned the same crooked grin Jett had. Was this his son?

"How did you know?" Solstice asked, holding her ground.

"I knew you would be here," the skydancer said, glancing up at the waxing moon above their heads. "Plus, I could sense your nerves long before you caught sight of me. If you had just been out for a midnight stroll, those wouldn't have kicked in until much later."

"You're good at this," Solstice sniffed, reluctant to admit it.

"Have enough training and you'll be able to do it too," the skydancer flashed another wry smile. "My name's Kobe, I've come to bring you to the Black Market."

"How do you know that's what I decided," Solstice shot back.

"I know, Sol," Kobe raised his eyebrows. "Now tell me, am I wrong."

The nocturne shifted her feet sheepishly. "No," she muttered, adopting Dahlia's voice. Damn! She had forgotten about Dahlia! She hadn't even said goodbye... No, that was a good thing. If she stopped to say goodbye, she would back out of this crazy deal. Her sister would never understand why she was doing this. In fact, she didn't even completely understand why she was doing this, only that the thrall of power Jett offered her was too great.

"Are you a Shade Mage too?" Solstice asked as the two set off through the empty city streets.

"No, I was not born with the gift," Kobe's smile grew sad. "Father didn't want to risk giving it to me, not after what happened with Yellan. He said I was far too important. My younger sister, Kala, she was born with such powers. Mine come from elsewhere." Again, the skydancer's gaze was drawn to the moon.

"Who's Yellan?" Solstice asked.

"My father's original subject," Kobe explained. "She was going to be his chosen one. See, he seeks to build a royal line of Shade-touched mages, determined by power and not by bloodline. Unfortunately, she was too weak, and she was devoured by the Shade."

"Wait," Solstice stopped in her tracks. "Jett fed me Shade knowing full well my body might not be able to handle it? Jett knowingly gave me something not knowing if I would survive?"

"Well, he knew you stood a pretty good chance. You had already been exposed to the Shade, having been born in the Year of Night," Kobe laughed to himself. "But yes, that very much is my father's way of doing things. He rarely thinks of consequences. Which is why it is a very good thing he has my mother on his side. She tempers his rash nature quite nicely. She will make a good queen, I think, and help us not to spiral into complete and utter chaos. Now, are you just going to stand there, or are you going to come with me?"

"I'm coming," Solstice grumbled, once again extending her wings to join the skydancer prince.

The pair traveled in silence for some time until they reached a thick wall of fog. Kobe whispered something, and stepped through, disappearing in the mist. Solstice's eyes widened, and then she followed, surprised to find the fog giving way to her entrance. On the other side, they broke into a dim street, wide and lined with rundown buildings. They did not seem to be occupied in the same way that the buildings of the city were. Where the kingdom's buildings were light and merry, as thought fighting to display that they were not abandoned and broken like the buildings surrounding them, only the shadows of dragons moving through dark windows gave any indication that the street was occupied at all. In the corner, a large tattered circus tent stood, and flashes of elemental magic could be seen behind the fabric.

"That's our training grounds," Kobe nodded. "I spend a fair bit of time there. I expect I'll see a lot of you once you start learning how to wield your Shade magic. But for now, I'll take you to your quarters to get settled. Don't get too comfortable though. I think my father plans on making a move on the palace soon. You came just in time."

Solstice felt a quick shiver of anxiety at his words, before she reminded herself that she was no longer one of the royals. This was her family now, this was where she would belong. Here she would have power beyond imagining, and here she might actually have a chance at the throne should Jett fall after taking it.

dragon?did=57799060&skin=0&apparel=334,2565,442,1753,2982,4788,30061,28810&xt=dressing.png]

Friehalt jumped as she heard a knock at her door, jolting her out of her daydream. She almost hit her head on the ceiling, still unaccustomed to her full size after having been asleep for a year.

"Come in!" She screeched, hoping that it wasn't her sister. She was supposed to be training, but she found herself getting lost in her thoughts again.
dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png

"It's just me," Kael said, creaking the door open and sliding in with a smile. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you are hiding out here."

"Oh thank goodness," Friehalt sighed. "What's up?" The skydancer had been spending more and more time with her ever since Yellan and Katie had died. She suspected he was rather lonely after having lost his sister and his best friend, and she seemed to be the only dragon who's company he actually liked.

"Someone new has joined," Kael admitted. "Her name is Solstice, and apparently she's Shade-touched. My father has found another. That leaves him with two potential heirs."

"I'll bet Fallstar is pleased about that," Friehalt smirked. She knew her sisters had ambitions of gaining shade magic so that she could rise the ranks of the clan. She seemed endlessly bitter that she had not inherited any of their mother's abilities."

"She doesn't know yet, I don't think. She's busy training with Raithyra," Kael explained.

"Bets on who's going to win?" Friehalt offered.

"Oh, I don't know, your sister's getting pretty good. She might actually hit Raithyra sooner or later!" Kael laughed. "Speaking of which, that's the other bit of news I wanted to bring you. Apparently Solstice is moving in with her."

"Yeesh, Raithyra's not going to be happy to have a roommate," Friehalt winced. "I pity this Solstice."

"From what I've heard, she's pretty gutsy. I think she'll fit in here quite well," Kael said grimly. "She ditched the royal family to join us. Not that she was related to them by blood, but still, that says something."

"I just don't get why someone would do that! I'd give anything to not be born in this dump!" Friehalt exclaimed. "I don't want to kill things, but that seems to be all anyone is good for here. There has to be more than this!"

Kael didn't respond right away, instead staring at the ridgeback. It seemed like eons before he spoke. "Run away with me," he breathed.

"What?" Friehalt was taken aback. "I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't see you that way..."

"No, not like that! I just mean, we're both don't belong here. Everyone knows it. Why don't we just leave? If dragons like Solstice can jump ship and switch sides, why can't we?" Kael said, growing more excited. "I mean, Yellan and I always talked about it, but never seriously. But I don't want to see either of us dead just because we don't want to be fierce warriors or anything."

"You mean, we can really live a life beyond all this?" Friehalt asked, joining the skydancer in his excitement. "You think they'd really take us?"

"Friehalt, let me tell you a secret I've never told your sister or your mother," Kael sighed, suddenly looking very guilty. He sat down, and looked away. "After your mother hatched, I was sent on a mission. I didn't want to do it, but I didn't know how to stand up to my father either, so I obeyed. Rumor had it that one of the princes, Dusk, had fathered a rather powerful dragon."

"You mean Elixabete?" Friehalt as confused. Everyone knew about Elixa. They had been warned about her dual abilities in training.

"Well, yes, but they had another, more powerful child. One that could wield all the elements. It was my job to steal her so we could raise her to be one of our own warriors," Kael shifted uncomfortably. Friehalt felt the pieces of his story shifting in her mind, almost fitting together, but not quite.

"What are you saying, Kael?" Friehalt asked, hardly daring to speak it in case it wasn't true.

"That hatchling was your mother. You are a princess, Friehalt."

dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png

Midnight had fallen over the Forgotten Kingdom. The last customer had checked out, and Seaberry was cleaning the last of the tables before turning in to join Webb in bed. The warrior always turned in early, and she always looked forward to snuggling into him after a long day of work.

Just as she finished the last table and swung the damp towel over a rafter to dry, she heard the bell on the door ring. She frowned. She had been so certain that she had locked it. She looked up to see the face of a dragon she had hoped to never see again.
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png

He had grown up since she had last seen him. Not in size, but his face looked more serious, more mature. All that remained of the idiot she had fallen for and grown to hate was a hint of a crooked smile that spread wider as he laid his hungry eyes upon her.

"Seaberry, it's been a while," He purred deeply, sending a warm tingling through Seaberry. She shook her head, trying to shake herself out of it.

"Jett, you are not welcome here," she growled. "I thought I made that clear last time."

"But things have changed," Jett grinned, drawing so close that she could smell him and feel his breath on her scales. "You're talking to your future king here."

It took all her willpower not to give into his charm in that moment. Memories came back of that night they had spent together, all those years ago. The night Karma had come to be.

"Why are you here, Jett. You already have a queen," Seaberry spat through gritted teeth.

"Scoril is sweet, but she has no drive and ambition of her own," Jett admitted. "I admire her loyalty, but when the time comes to rule, I need someone greater by my side, someone with your spirit."

"I have a mate," Seaberry said, just as much to remind herself as she was him.

"And yet you itch for something more, don't you. You are not the sort to be tied down by one man, I see that. If you were to be my queen, I would not expect you to love only me. My heirs are not to be defined by blood, but power, and of course, I would have outside relations of my own," Jett explained, his voice dripping like honey. "But we'd be so good together."

Seaberry's breath caught in her throat as he wound around her, twisting her body until she was wrapped around him. She wanted this so bad, but she couldn't.

"I don't want you," She lied.

"Really?" Jett cocked his head as he slipped her off. Because I think what is happening between us right now is saying something very different.

Seaberry felt a surge of emotion as her elemental magic was pulled from her. It joined with a string of elemental magic pouring out of Jett, and there was a flash of light. When it faded, five eggs lay on the table next to them. Seaberry's eyes bugged out of their sockets as she stared in shock at her new creations.

"See, what did I tell you? Five eggs. You know we only could have done that if we were both feeling what we were as intensely as we did," he whispered, sending shivers down her spine. "That wasn't a result of anything physical, or a deliberate combination of magic. Our combined emotions formed those children. That means something. The only other time I've heard of that happening here was when Age's egg was formed. These children are destined for greatness."

Seaberry was too caught up in her emotions to think anymore of Webb. Now, Jett was all that she could see, and the emotions she had long buried in her heart came rushing back. She wanted him. She had never loved another the way she loved him.

Gosh, Karma was going to kill her.

"Just think about it," Jett murmured. Seaberry could feel his breath on her ear, and she wanted nothing more than to curl into him. Before she could, however, he stepped away, leaving only a chilled breeze where the prince once stood. There was the ring of a bell, and he was gone, leaving the spiral to the eggs. She wasn't sure how she felt about them. On the one hand, their creation had been the most amazing thing she had ever experienced, but on the other hand-
dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png

"Was someone just here? I thought I heard something," Webb's voice floated from the back of the tavern. Seaberry turned to see her mate and reality came crashing back down. She was too small to hide the eggs, she could only watch as the imperial's eyes fell upon the proof of her unfaithful heart. As his face fell, she could almost swear she could hear the shattering of his heart.

Lots happening in this chapter, and now things are really picking up speed!!! I've been wanting to breed Seaberry and Jett again for forever, but gosh, I wasn't expecting them to give me that many eggs! I'm excited though!!! Jett isn't really the sort of dragon to be committed to one dragon for life, so I knew he and Scoril wouldn't be exclusive forever.

Also, I've recently organized my lair so you can see more easily who is on what side! I have a section for the main kingdom, and then another section for the Black Market.

Death streak was a no, and Coli was Marasi, Solstice and Kobe. All three of them are now level 4!
@Petall Whoo, time to catch up on stuff! [b]Day 115:[/b] Ouch, that had to be a very difficult decision for Marasi and Cedric to make. I agree, though -- when you're a parent, kids should come first. I really liked that description of the Knowledge District, too. There's something sad about a once-bustling place that's become overgrown and yet somehow desolate. WHOA! Well, that came out of nowhere, and my word, I would probably die of fright even before that thing had touched me. Virus looks so terrifying! Aww, poor Cedric. [emoji=tundra sad] In a situation like this, though, I'm so glad Marasi at least has Darkstar and Zain nearby. Hmm, so Virus [i]isn't[/i] working for Jett? That genuinely surprised me; I was guessing she might be some sort of summoned entity. It's fun to be wrong sometimes. ^^ [b]Day 116:[/b] Gaaaaahh, the way Kobe's just casually spilling information is actually making me shiver, because I'm not sure at this point if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Rofl, Kael's "Run away with me!" exhortation really sounded like a proposal. I had to lol at Friehalt trying to gently reject him. xD It's interesting, though! Kael's got a good point; we've already seen royal-affiliated dragons jump ship to the Black Market, so why not have the opposite? [emoji=guardian laughing] Daaaaang, that scene with Jett and Seaberry was intense. I feel so bad for her, that poor girl's trying so hard. And Webb walking in, aaaaaahh! When that nest hatches, it's going to be like an explosion of plot points! [emoji=guardian scared] Kinda makes me wonder now how Scoril and Webb might view each other, though.
@Petall Whoo, time to catch up on stuff!

Day 115: Ouch, that had to be a very difficult decision for Marasi and Cedric to make. I agree, though -- when you're a parent, kids should come first. I really liked that description of the Knowledge District, too. There's something sad about a once-bustling place that's become overgrown and yet somehow desolate.

WHOA! Well, that came out of nowhere, and my word, I would probably die of fright even before that thing had touched me. Virus looks so terrifying! Aww, poor Cedric. In a situation like this, though, I'm so glad Marasi at least has Darkstar and Zain nearby.

Hmm, so Virus isn't working for Jett? That genuinely surprised me; I was guessing she might be some sort of summoned entity. It's fun to be wrong sometimes. ^^

Day 116: Gaaaaahh, the way Kobe's just casually spilling information is actually making me shiver, because I'm not sure at this point if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Rofl, Kael's "Run away with me!" exhortation really sounded like a proposal. I had to lol at Friehalt trying to gently reject him. xD It's interesting, though! Kael's got a good point; we've already seen royal-affiliated dragons jump ship to the Black Market, so why not have the opposite?

Daaaaang, that scene with Jett and Seaberry was intense. I feel so bad for her, that poor girl's trying so hard. And Webb walking in, aaaaaahh! When that nest hatches, it's going to be like an explosion of plot points! Kinda makes me wonder now how Scoril and Webb might view each other, though.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Wow, that means eight potential new dragons O-O And I have to say, I really enjoy Jett as a character. Probably because I have a soft spot for evil charmers [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
Wow, that means eight potential new dragons O-O
And I have to say, I really enjoy Jett as a character. Probably because I have a soft spot for evil charmers
2WRv2Ib.jpg

MMMMMmmmmm that last section of the chapter makes me uncomfortable D:
MMMMMmmmmm that last section of the chapter makes me uncomfortable D:
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Disillusionist There is a surprising number of dragons living in the Knowledge District Wilds right now. I have the clan map on my wall and I've been marking down where all the dragons live, and it's a surprisingly populated place! Virus just wandered in, like many other dragons. She lives in the Tangled Wood, so it makes sense that she might stumble in sooner or later. Hehehe it's great to have a way to give a bunch of this information and explain what Jett is up to. It's one of the reasons I wanted to introduce a new recruit to the Black Market! @Drachenschwinge Yeah, and those aren't the only apparel pieces I have waiting for me to use... I almost don't know what to do with this influx of dragons! Jett's one of my favourites too! [emoji=coatl winking size=2] @Leopardmask Yeah... I was trying not to write it too creepy, but Jett is a creepy fellow and Seaberry has a soft spot for Jett, no matter what she tells herself, so it kind of fell together the way that it did.
@Disillusionist

There is a surprising number of dragons living in the Knowledge District Wilds right now. I have the clan map on my wall and I've been marking down where all the dragons live, and it's a surprisingly populated place!

Virus just wandered in, like many other dragons. She lives in the Tangled Wood, so it makes sense that she might stumble in sooner or later.

Hehehe it's great to have a way to give a bunch of this information and explain what Jett is up to. It's one of the reasons I wanted to introduce a new recruit to the Black Market!

@Drachenschwinge

Yeah, and those aren't the only apparel pieces I have waiting for me to use... I almost don't know what to do with this influx of dragons!

Jett's one of my favourites too!

@Leopardmask

Yeah... I was trying not to write it too creepy, but Jett is a creepy fellow and Seaberry has a soft spot for Jett, no matter what she tells herself, so it kind of fell together the way that it did.
It's not just that - well, it's partly that. But also I just really don't like relationship drama like that. Having Webb walk in at the end like that? Literally ending the chapter with his heart breaking?? It's just the worst D: I'm really hoping these two aren't going to be too stupid about this because the only thing worse to me than relationship drama that makes sense and has context is relationship drama where one party tries to lie about it or the other party is too stubborn/distraught to listen to reason and/or neither party budges an inch on their opinion of the situation. I'm sure if that happens, you'll write it well and keep it in character, so there's that at least, but hhhhhh I still hate it no matter how good the writing is.
It's not just that - well, it's partly that. But also I just really don't like relationship drama like that. Having Webb walk in at the end like that? Literally ending the chapter with his heart breaking?? It's just the worst D: I'm really hoping these two aren't going to be too stupid about this because the only thing worse to me than relationship drama that makes sense and has context is relationship drama where one party tries to lie about it or the other party is too stubborn/distraught to listen to reason and/or neither party budges an inch on their opinion of the situation. I'm sure if that happens, you'll write it well and keep it in character, so there's that at least, but hhhhhh I still hate it no matter how good the writing is.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 141 142