Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Rep
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73
[quote name="Amariel" date="2018-06-25 08:39:07" ] Thank you everyone for all your beautiful scrys, and it was great seeing how you made different gene combos work together! I liked how some of you used the more busy genes such as hypnotic and crackle to fit a Light theme, and also how others tied in the accent colours of python and butterfly! Now that you have given the dragon a makeover, today's challenge will be to give the dragon a new name. [quote=Challenge #2: Name] [b]Come up with a name for the dragon and tell us why this name suits them![/b] [/quote] Lightcatcher. I love the banana capsule's appearance, as if light magic itself is living inside the dragon.
Amariel wrote on 2018-06-25 08:39:07:
Thank you everyone for all your beautiful scrys, and it was great seeing how you made different gene combos work together! I liked how some of you used the more busy genes such as hypnotic and crackle to fit a Light theme, and also how others tied in the accent colours of python and butterfly!

Now that you have given the dragon a makeover, today's challenge will be to give the dragon a new name.

Challenge #2: Name wrote:
Come up with a name for the dragon and tell us why this name suits them!

Lightcatcher. I love the banana capsule's appearance, as if light magic itself is living inside the dragon.
Y4lXWys.png1omRSjv.png
she/her | scorpio | FR+3 | owner of ID 46464646
[quote=Challenge #2: Name] Come up with a name for the dragon and tell us why this name suits them![/quote] Photinus which is a genus of firefly and I used that gene in the scry. link to earlier scry for reference [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424/14#post_33877191]here[/url]
Challenge #2: Name wrote:
Come up with a name for the dragon and tell us why this name suits them!

Photinus which is a genus of firefly and I used that gene in the scry.

link to earlier scry for reference here

I have chosen the name Gabriel as biblically Gabriel is the messenger of God (who can represent light) and thus is an ambassador of sorts. They help people through fear and I feel this is a wonderful name.
I have chosen the name Gabriel as biblically Gabriel is the messenger of God (who can represent light) and thus is an ambassador of sorts. They help people through fear and I feel this is a wonderful name.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=3104cdee864c73bd7a0f6f68e8bfc65e5ddf5a5b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] My scry was heavily influenced by stained glass and the concept of antiquity, so I would name this dragon Argentinxus. It's a portmanteau of latin words: "argent", meaning silver, and "tinxi", the past perfect tense of the word "tinguo", which means "to color, dye or tinge". The "-us" alteration is made to the end to shift the name as a whole into a proper noun. I chose to use Latin as it's the language of history, and the words I put together to form the portmanteau have a basis in the making of stained glass. Silver stain is a mixture of silver salts that, when applied to glass and fired, sink in and form a permanent stain ranging in color from a pale lemon yellow through rich gold to bright orange. I found this extremely fitting for this dragon, whose colors match the range of glass created by this technique.
dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=43&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=3104cdee864c73bd7a0f6f68e8bfc65e5ddf5a5b&dummyext=prev.png

My scry was heavily influenced by stained glass and the concept of antiquity, so I would name this dragon Argentinxus. It's a portmanteau of latin words: "argent", meaning silver, and "tinxi", the past perfect tense of the word "tinguo", which means "to color, dye or tinge". The "-us" alteration is made to the end to shift the name as a whole into a proper noun. I chose to use Latin as it's the language of history, and the words I put together to form the portmanteau have a basis in the making of stained glass. Silver stain is a mixture of silver salts that, when applied to glass and fired, sink in and form a permanent stain ranging in color from a pale lemon yellow through rich gold to bright orange. I found this extremely fitting for this dragon, whose colors match the range of glass created by this technique.
The name Abner means father of light. I feel like that would be appropriate for him, since as a first generation dragon he would be the ancestor of many dragons but have no ancestor himself. Although it is a human name, it is not a very popular one, making it a good fit for a dragon.
The name Abner means father of light. I feel like that would be appropriate for him, since as a first generation dragon he would be the ancestor of many dragons but have no ancestor himself. Although it is a human name, it is not a very popular one, making it a good fit for a dragon.
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
I would probably name him Oran, which means light with gaelic/armaiac roots.
I would probably name him Oran, which means light with gaelic/armaiac roots.
'blue smedium banner
I chose the name Aulelio. It's Hawaiian in origin and means golden. I like the idea of a light bringer, whose name reflects the golden light he will share.
I chose the name Aulelio. It's Hawaiian in origin and means golden. I like the idea of a light bringer, whose name reflects the golden light he will share.
tumblr_p4pn5cGNiP1t5ymx8o1_500.png
I would go with the name Epifanio, an uncommon spanish name meaning blinding light, basically. I do have to admit that the meaning is only part of why I am going for this, however; For me, it is reminiscent of the word Epiphany, a sort of manifestation of thought that can also be related to the appearance of a deity - something that'd fit the scholary, on-the-path-to-enlightenment trope I would be going for for this young dragon.
I would go with the name Epifanio, an uncommon spanish name meaning blinding light, basically. I do have to admit that the meaning is only part of why I am going for this, however; For me, it is reminiscent of the word Epiphany, a sort of manifestation of thought that can also be related to the appearance of a deity - something that'd fit the scholary, on-the-path-to-enlightenment trope I would be going for for this young dragon.
arcane_lightinig_banner.png dividerlightning.png arcane_lightinig_banner.png
I'd name him Gilded, for pretty easy reasons..

Because he's golden, like if he was Gilded. Also I just feel like it fits the Light theme... and also I'm not great with names.
I'd name him Gilded, for pretty easy reasons..

Because he's golden, like if he was Gilded. Also I just feel like it fits the Light theme... and also I'm not great with names.
I have a scarf problem. Send scarves help.
Aviator ScarfFlair ScarfSilk Scarf
(Pinglist, please! :3)

I would call him Hypertem, which is a combination of Hyperion, the Greek god of Heavenly Light, and Nefertem, the Egyptian god of Sunrises and New Beginnings. I chose this name because his colors reminds me of both sunrises, right when the sky turns a blazing firey orange, and as Brightshine falls during the summer, as the start of the new years for FR, it seems only fitting for his name to match, as I have already described with scry of him.
(Pinglist, please! :3)

I would call him Hypertem, which is a combination of Hyperion, the Greek god of Heavenly Light, and Nefertem, the Egyptian god of Sunrises and New Beginnings. I chose this name because his colors reminds me of both sunrises, right when the sky turns a blazing firey orange, and as Brightshine falls during the summer, as the start of the new years for FR, it seems only fitting for his name to match, as I have already described with scry of him.
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73