Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shuffle all for Unlocking Hib-den tasks
1 2 3
Maybe it is just bad luck but several of my current hib-den unlock tasks are either eggs or genes. I would like an option, either time-locked (i.e. once a month) or paid for via treasure (to separate it from the gem option) that will let me shuffle all tasks to get new ones.

*There will not be an option to shuffle only specific tasks to keep it fair to the intended design
*There could be a chance I get a task or two that I already had previously; it is always randomized from the entire pool of tasks left
*There will be a time delay of at least a month so that shuffling cannot be spammed
*The whole point of the hib-den tasks was for people to unlock den slots without needing to spend gems. If you need to buy items off the AH to fulfil a task it goes against the point as the 'better price' is usually in gems.
* This will prevent people from getting locked out of being able to open up new hib-den slots because of bad RNG

I looked to see if there was a previous suggestion but couldn't find it. If there is one, I'd love to read up on it.
Maybe it is just bad luck but several of my current hib-den unlock tasks are either eggs or genes. I would like an option, either time-locked (i.e. once a month) or paid for via treasure (to separate it from the gem option) that will let me shuffle all tasks to get new ones.

*There will not be an option to shuffle only specific tasks to keep it fair to the intended design
*There could be a chance I get a task or two that I already had previously; it is always randomized from the entire pool of tasks left
*There will be a time delay of at least a month so that shuffling cannot be spammed
*The whole point of the hib-den tasks was for people to unlock den slots without needing to spend gems. If you need to buy items off the AH to fulfil a task it goes against the point as the 'better price' is usually in gems.
* This will prevent people from getting locked out of being able to open up new hib-den slots because of bad RNG

I looked to see if there was a previous suggestion but couldn't find it. If there is one, I'd love to read up on it.
Formerly Malis: Malis.png singerrune.png
Like a phoenix,
I will rise!
You can never keep me down!
Rynn.png
This has been suggested before, and people usually say "no support" because the vast majority of the hibden task items are either dirt cheap or something you can get easily for free. And that's why there are some harder/more expensive tasks like eggs and genes, so it will balance things out. And with a shuffle, you could possibly bypass these harder tasks and just never do them.

Also, you don't have to buy any of these items off AH with gems, it's just the faster way.
This has been suggested before, and people usually say "no support" because the vast majority of the hibden task items are either dirt cheap or something you can get easily for free. And that's why there are some harder/more expensive tasks like eggs and genes, so it will balance things out. And with a shuffle, you could possibly bypass these harder tasks and just never do them.

Also, you don't have to buy any of these items off AH with gems, it's just the faster way.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I apologize the wall.

I can't support anything that allows people to bypass the expensive tasks. Many would do this until all that's left are the big ticket ones and then call it good. There's plenty of people that would just skip all the pricey ones like eggs, genes, bosses and expensive apparel and never do them so they don't have to lose the money.

They're placed where they are so that you can only avoid them for so long before you ultimately have to fulfill some in order to unlock more of the easier tasks. It's been created in a way to specifically pull items and currency (through item value) from the system. Something as huge as the hibernal den massively impacts how much money someone can make on a weekly basis. The bigger ticket trades are basically gates that you have to unlock to continue. Some of the smaller tasks barely cost anything, maybe a handful of items that are worth change on the AH or take a bit of time to collect. The bigger trades make up for this fact and balance out the over all worth/cost of the den slots. If you were able to skip past all the pricey ones and just do the cheap ones, you'd basically get a ton of space for free.

No support for this reason. If we want to keep going, users should have to do the bigger ones that are in the way. And while it might be a bit frustrating to have to work towards expensive items or to gather what you need it's not something with a time limit so there's no need to rush it. If we have to save for items, then that's probably the way it was intended.

However, I could support for being able to basically fill the items in so that the task is ready to complete when you get to it and you don't have to worry about accidentally selling items or having them clutter up your hoard. And I can also support things like runestones and eggs being able to be filled in any order since that doesn't effect anything. But nothing that lets you skip or shuffle tasks. While some people may go back to complete the expensive tasks if they were able to be skipped, many would not. Those expensive ones are part of the balancing to the feature in the first place.
I apologize the wall.

I can't support anything that allows people to bypass the expensive tasks. Many would do this until all that's left are the big ticket ones and then call it good. There's plenty of people that would just skip all the pricey ones like eggs, genes, bosses and expensive apparel and never do them so they don't have to lose the money.

They're placed where they are so that you can only avoid them for so long before you ultimately have to fulfill some in order to unlock more of the easier tasks. It's been created in a way to specifically pull items and currency (through item value) from the system. Something as huge as the hibernal den massively impacts how much money someone can make on a weekly basis. The bigger ticket trades are basically gates that you have to unlock to continue. Some of the smaller tasks barely cost anything, maybe a handful of items that are worth change on the AH or take a bit of time to collect. The bigger trades make up for this fact and balance out the over all worth/cost of the den slots. If you were able to skip past all the pricey ones and just do the cheap ones, you'd basically get a ton of space for free.

No support for this reason. If we want to keep going, users should have to do the bigger ones that are in the way. And while it might be a bit frustrating to have to work towards expensive items or to gather what you need it's not something with a time limit so there's no need to rush it. If we have to save for items, then that's probably the way it was intended.

However, I could support for being able to basically fill the items in so that the task is ready to complete when you get to it and you don't have to worry about accidentally selling items or having them clutter up your hoard. And I can also support things like runestones and eggs being able to be filled in any order since that doesn't effect anything. But nothing that lets you skip or shuffle tasks. While some people may go back to complete the expensive tasks if they were able to be skipped, many would not. Those expensive ones are part of the balancing to the feature in the first place.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Support, if your tasks are changed for equivalent rarity tasks. So a gene for another gene, a breed scroll for another breed scroll, an egg for another egg...

" * This will prevent people from getting locked out of being able to open up new hib-den slots because of bad RNG"

There is no RNG. All tasks come in a certain order.
Support, if your tasks are changed for equivalent rarity tasks. So a gene for another gene, a breed scroll for another breed scroll, an egg for another egg...

" * This will prevent people from getting locked out of being able to open up new hib-den slots because of bad RNG"

There is no RNG. All tasks come in a certain order.
No support. It isn't RNG, it's a progression. And, while I agree with all the other things said here, this is the reason I don't support most of all, said on another thread of the same topic. [quote name="Teeka" date="2023-04-18 14:41:52" ] No support because of the nature of the progression of the den tasks. [Snipped] What if a new player, not understanding how things works reshuffles their tasks, thinking that it'll give them something they can do? It'll break the progression path and leave them with tasks that are likely less doable, leaving them to either complete them to get back on the intended path of progression or keep reshuffling until they start getting tasks that are more doable. [/quote]
No support. It isn't RNG, it's a progression. And, while I agree with all the other things said here, this is the reason I don't support most of all, said on another thread of the same topic.
Teeka wrote on 2023-04-18 14:41:52:
No support because of the nature of the progression of the den tasks.
[Snipped]
What if a new player, not understanding how things works reshuffles their tasks, thinking that it'll give them something they can do? It'll break the progression path and leave them with tasks that are likely less doable, leaving them to either complete them to get back on the intended path of progression or keep reshuffling until they start getting tasks that are more doable.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2023-08-02 04:34:55" ] Support, if your tasks are changed for equivalent rarity tasks. So a gene for another gene, a breed scroll for another breed scroll, an egg for another egg... [/quote] This, and even though I would theoretically support this, I think it would be a mountain of backend work to make it happen. I also think it wouldn’t make very many people much happier. For RNG things like eggs maybe, you have every elemental egg except the one you need at the moment? a shuffle like that would be helpful. mp genes tho? you have to buy a gene no matter which gene it is because most of the time you don’t have extras sitting around
Corviknight wrote on 2023-08-02 04:34:55:

This, and even though I would theoretically support this, I think it would be a mountain of backend work to make it happen. I also think it wouldn’t make very many people much happier. For RNG things like eggs maybe, you have every elemental egg except the one you need at the moment? a shuffle like that would be helpful. mp genes tho? you have to buy a gene no matter which gene it is because most of the time you don’t have extras sitting around

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
crazy that people dont want to support making something easier when that's all everyone's been complaining posting about in the suggestions regarding pursuits and achievements (which also require acquiring den/lair slots)

i feel like it's wrong of staff to expect people to trade an egg for something that by the site's own pre-established standards only costs 50g when eggs go for 200+g
crazy that people dont want to support making something easier when that's all everyone's been complaining posting about in the suggestions regarding pursuits and achievements (which also require acquiring den/lair slots)

i feel like it's wrong of staff to expect people to trade an egg for something that by the site's own pre-established standards only costs 50g when eggs go for 200+g
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
No. If you planning complite those then do it and unlock other tasks.
If you do not want complite them and simply trying buy pass "all hard tasks" then you do not deserve get "handreds of free slots"
No. If you planning complite those then do it and unlock other tasks.
If you do not want complite them and simply trying buy pass "all hard tasks" then you do not deserve get "handreds of free slots"

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-08-02 10:25:03" ] i feel like it's wrong of staff to expect people to trade an egg for something that by the site's own pre-established standards only costs 50g when eggs go for 200+g [/quote] This is what some aren't realizing though, that egg or boss isn't just paying for that one slot, it's supposed to be paying for a bunch of the cheap ones before it as well. You'll notice that there will be a batch of smaller item slots and then suddenly some larger gates in a repeating pattern like this. Those other small item slots aren't just super cheap and that's it. The big item slots are meant to make up for what you haven't paid from the previous small ones. The space is worth much more than what the small items cost and the big items are the balance. Instead, users need to think about if the cost of all items were added together and then averaged out rather than 'this one is cheap' and 'this one is expensive.' I think the way it's structured may be a bit misleading.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-08-02 10:25:03:
This is what some aren't realizing though, that egg or boss isn't just paying for that one slot, it's supposed to be paying for a bunch of the cheap ones before it as well. You'll notice that there will be a batch of smaller item slots and then suddenly some larger gates in a repeating pattern like this. Those other small item slots aren't just super cheap and that's it. The big item slots are meant to make up for what you haven't paid from the previous small ones. The space is worth much more than what the small items cost and the big items are the balance.

Instead, users need to think about if the cost of all items were added together and then averaged out rather than 'this one is cheap' and 'this one is expensive.' I think the way it's structured may be a bit misleading.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2023-08-02 13:21:43" ] [quote name="@hungryhobbits" date="2023-08-02 10:25:03" ] i feel like it's wrong of staff to expect people to trade an egg for something that by the site's own pre-established standards only costs 50g when eggs go for 200+g [/quote] This is what some aren't realizing though, that egg or boss isn't just paying for that one slot, it's supposed to be paying for a bunch of the cheap ones before it as well. You'll notice that there will be a batch of smaller item slots and then suddenly some larger gates in a repeating pattern like this. Those other small item slots aren't just super cheap and that's the way it is. The big item slots are meant to make up for what you haven't paid from the previous small ones. The space is worth much more than what the small items cost and the big items are the balance. Instead, users need to think about if the cost of all items were added together and then averaged out rather than 'this one is cheap' and 'this one is expensive.' I think the way it's structured may be a bit misleading. [/quote] Very good worded about average price of multiple pack of slots in between 2 "big items" filled with pack of "easy and cheap"
vihuff wrote on 2023-08-02 13:21:43:
@hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-08-02 10:25:03:
This is what some aren't realizing though, that egg or boss isn't just paying for that one slot, it's supposed to be paying for a bunch of the cheap ones before it as well. You'll notice that there will be a batch of smaller item slots and then suddenly some larger gates in a repeating pattern like this. Those other small item slots aren't just super cheap and that's the way it is. The big item slots are meant to make up for what you haven't paid from the previous small ones. The space is worth much more than what the small items cost and the big items are the balance.

Instead, users need to think about if the cost of all items were added together and then averaged out rather than 'this one is cheap' and 'this one is expensive.' I think the way it's structured may be a bit misleading.

Very good worded about average price of multiple pack of slots in between 2 "big items" filled with pack of "easy and cheap"

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1 2 3