Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Non-Dragon Clan Members
1 2
I've had this dream twice now and I've managed to sorta write everything out in way that would make sense because I have no idea if the Dev team have said no to this before but:

Harpy and/or fairy clan members being available to join your clan, having genes themselves and being able to breed them, but only with their species, kinda the same deal that ancient dragons have. I know it would be an absolutely massive undertaking because this is an entirely new game mechanic and it's like not at all likely to even be considered by the dev team but I found it super interesting, the non-dragon clan members I had dreams of were harpies, I only had one and he had 3 life stages but had very unique markings and was affected by the color wheel the exact same as a dragon would be, with a primary, secondary, and tertiary gene. I know Flight Rising is a dragon game but I think it'd be interesting if we could have more of the non-dragons as a more upfront feature than just shopkeepers or enemies we have to fight.

Alright, that's all, that's my crazy rant.
I've had this dream twice now and I've managed to sorta write everything out in way that would make sense because I have no idea if the Dev team have said no to this before but:

Harpy and/or fairy clan members being available to join your clan, having genes themselves and being able to breed them, but only with their species, kinda the same deal that ancient dragons have. I know it would be an absolutely massive undertaking because this is an entirely new game mechanic and it's like not at all likely to even be considered by the dev team but I found it super interesting, the non-dragon clan members I had dreams of were harpies, I only had one and he had 3 life stages but had very unique markings and was affected by the color wheel the exact same as a dragon would be, with a primary, secondary, and tertiary gene. I know Flight Rising is a dragon game but I think it'd be interesting if we could have more of the non-dragons as a more upfront feature than just shopkeepers or enemies we have to fight.

Alright, that's all, that's my crazy rant.
uhhhh no? this is dragon breeding game, it wouldnt make sense. we already get too little of modern dragons and this would slow down that process even more
uhhhh no? this is dragon breeding game, it wouldnt make sense. we already get too little of modern dragons and this would slow down that process even more
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I don’t support all of that - it’s too close to ancients 2.0 and in a dragon breeding game no matter how cool I think it would be I don’t think it would fit.

That said I do support somehow making a familiar (not just beastclan) take up a dragon/slot page in your clan.
I don’t support all of that - it’s too close to ancients 2.0 and in a dragon breeding game no matter how cool I think it would be I don’t think it would fit.

That said I do support somehow making a familiar (not just beastclan) take up a dragon/slot page in your clan.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
No support, I'm sorry. This is essentially ancients, but instead of a draconic creature you get a fairy. So it's not really a new mechanic, just a different coat of paint on an existing one. However, I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of making two basically-humans breed with each other like they're my little pets. I know dragons are also sentient in lore, but it is a lot easier to come to terms with breeding them when they're not visually humanoid.

I could support some beastclan or familiar apparel (like the cats/snakes/dogs companion apparel), which you can layer with an invisibility cloak to make it look like you have a harpy/centaur/etc in your den. Alternatively, I can suggest the Lair Spacers idea where you can add a familiar image in the spacer.
No support, I'm sorry. This is essentially ancients, but instead of a draconic creature you get a fairy. So it's not really a new mechanic, just a different coat of paint on an existing one. However, I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of making two basically-humans breed with each other like they're my little pets. I know dragons are also sentient in lore, but it is a lot easier to come to terms with breeding them when they're not visually humanoid.

I could support some beastclan or familiar apparel (like the cats/snakes/dogs companion apparel), which you can layer with an invisibility cloak to make it look like you have a harpy/centaur/etc in your den. Alternatively, I can suggest the Lair Spacers idea where you can add a familiar image in the spacer.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
I'd probably quit the game the moment something like that was introduced.

Ancients are already bad enough, because there are so many things that are exclusive to them, but I can tolerate them because "they're technically dragons". Technically. Some are absolutely dragons, like Banescales and some are blurring the lines. But they're dragons.

Centaurs and harpies? No. That's not something I think is a good idea to have.

Ancients are already bad enough, because there are so many things that are exclusive to them, but I can tolerate them because "they're technically dragons". Technically. Some are absolutely dragons, like Banescales and some are blurring the lines. But they're dragons.

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2023-06-28 04:22:11" ] I'd probably quit the game the moment something like that was introduced. Ancients are already bad enough, because there are so many things that are exclusive to them, but I can tolerate them because "they're technically dragons". Technically. Some are absolutely dragons, like Banescales and some are blurring the lines. But they're dragons. Centaurs and harpies? No. That's not something I think is a good idea to have. [/quote] Exactly my feeling RE: both ancients and this suggestion. No support.
Corviknight wrote on 2023-06-28 04:22:11:

Exactly my feeling RE: both ancients and this suggestion. No support.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Why not half dragon half something else creatures that counts as a dragon
Why not half dragon half something else creatures that counts as a dragon
No support. This is a dragon collecting game—the focus should be on the dragons.
No support. This is a dragon collecting game—the focus should be on the dragons.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
No support. I love the beastclans, but I'm extremely uncomfortable with "breeding" humanoid creatures, and without that feature this is basically just familiars with extra steps.
No support. I love the beastclans, but I'm extremely uncomfortable with "breeding" humanoid creatures, and without that feature this is basically just familiars with extra steps.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support. This is a dragon game. I barely like Beastclans as NPCs, I would hate them as lair members.
No support. This is a dragon game. I barely like Beastclans as NPCs, I would hate them as lair members.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
1 2