Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No more Roundsey booby prizes!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Iron Treasure Chests? IRON Treasure Chests?
OH COME ON! There are *tens to hundreds of thousands* of tickets sold each week, every ticket already has a one in a grand poo-bah chance of winning, so let the non-derg prize be something worth at least 100g! Make it something that still feels like a real prize. Set a bottom bar that isn’t bitter.

The mods are always reminding us that we’re all here to have fun; as a representative of the game itself, Roundsey shouldn’t be mean.
Iron Treasure Chests? IRON Treasure Chests?
OH COME ON! There are *tens to hundreds of thousands* of tickets sold each week, every ticket already has a one in a grand poo-bah chance of winning, so let the non-derg prize be something worth at least 100g! Make it something that still feels like a real prize. Set a bottom bar that isn’t bitter.

The mods are always reminding us that we’re all here to have fun; as a representative of the game itself, Roundsey shouldn’t be mean.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
I get where you’re coming from and I’m not saying that everything needs to stay in Roundsey, but I do have to offer a few points.

1. The function of Roundsey is as a treasure sink. There are 660k registered players on-site. Even if only a tenth of those players are active and contributing to Roundse at any point in time in any way, the majority of those people will never receive anything. The ‘non-derg’ price this time around would go for about 40g on the auction house, and more if you opened and sold everything.

2. Beyond being pretty the only real value of those dragons is as already gened G1s. For the G1 collector’s market, that’ll be the value of roundsey + genes, for whomever wants that specific floor combo. For people who are not G1 collectors, the value of the dragon will be equivalent to whatever an identical non-G1 dragon is. Äthers are new, so that’ll be on the pricey side right now, but in 3 or 4 months they’ll be right above fodder price.

3. We, the players, are the ones who’ve decided that G1 dragons are more desirable than dragons we’ve bred ourselves. That’s not a built in game mechanic. While I am all for the ability to customize our dragons as much as possible (genes, eyes, etc), I’m hesitant of any site/staff support for deliberately making G1s more valuable than dragons that are the result of player nests. Partly that’s because it’s clear that breeding more dragons is an intended game mechanic; partly it’s because the G1 market is volatile, choosy, and expensive, so you have to be an established or dedicated player to really partake.

So while it’s nice to have higher-value items in the lottery pool, I’d be hesitant to base the values of the additional items in the pool on the player-set value of the dragons.
I get where you’re coming from and I’m not saying that everything needs to stay in Roundsey, but I do have to offer a few points.

1. The function of Roundsey is as a treasure sink. There are 660k registered players on-site. Even if only a tenth of those players are active and contributing to Roundse at any point in time in any way, the majority of those people will never receive anything. The ‘non-derg’ price this time around would go for about 40g on the auction house, and more if you opened and sold everything.

2. Beyond being pretty the only real value of those dragons is as already gened G1s. For the G1 collector’s market, that’ll be the value of roundsey + genes, for whomever wants that specific floor combo. For people who are not G1 collectors, the value of the dragon will be equivalent to whatever an identical non-G1 dragon is. Äthers are new, so that’ll be on the pricey side right now, but in 3 or 4 months they’ll be right above fodder price.

3. We, the players, are the ones who’ve decided that G1 dragons are more desirable than dragons we’ve bred ourselves. That’s not a built in game mechanic. While I am all for the ability to customize our dragons as much as possible (genes, eyes, etc), I’m hesitant of any site/staff support for deliberately making G1s more valuable than dragons that are the result of player nests. Partly that’s because it’s clear that breeding more dragons is an intended game mechanic; partly it’s because the G1 market is volatile, choosy, and expensive, so you have to be an established or dedicated player to really partake.

So while it’s nice to have higher-value items in the lottery pool, I’d be hesitant to base the values of the additional items in the pool on the player-set value of the dragons.
mkpoaHZ.png
I am happy to receive the cheaper prizes :D that's 99 winners with those. I don't think every roundsey price has to be a dragon or something amazing. Maybe I am silly for being excited the couple of times I won smaller things :p
I am happy to receive the cheaper prizes :D that's 99 winners with those. I don't think every roundsey price has to be a dragon or something amazing. Maybe I am silly for being excited the couple of times I won smaller things :p
I think I get the point here? I can't imagine everyone feels great about winning their first Roundsey raffle, only to realize their prize is worth 3g. I've never won anything from Roundsey, so from a purely personal perspective, I'd be pretty bummed.

I can get behind eliminating some common "fodder-tier" prizes from the pool but I'm unsure how I would prefer that being done. Iron chests are far from the worst prize we've seen, though.
I think I get the point here? I can't imagine everyone feels great about winning their first Roundsey raffle, only to realize their prize is worth 3g. I've never won anything from Roundsey, so from a purely personal perspective, I'd be pretty bummed.

I can get behind eliminating some common "fodder-tier" prizes from the pool but I'm unsure how I would prefer that being done. Iron chests are far from the worst prize we've seen, though.
8098.pngqoL2Zmd.png 43.png
44.png
40.png
31.png
21378.png
I think iron chests are fine. I'm not a fan of like, rusted chests or Marva eyes being included, but I think iron chests are a good like... "minimum value" prize.
I think iron chests are fine. I'm not a fan of like, rusted chests or Marva eyes being included, but I think iron chests are a good like... "minimum value" prize.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support.

Most people that choose to play each week get nothing at all.

If you are not comfortable getting with the worst prize offered, don't play that week.
No support.

Most people that choose to play each week get nothing at all.

If you are not comfortable getting with the worst prize offered, don't play that week.
ZQGfAQY.png
I would argue for MORE booby prizes. More winners!
I would argue for MORE booby prizes. More winners!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I'm gonna be unpopular and say support. I would rather not have Marva eyes, rusted or iron chests, or health potions as prizes. Not everything has to be super expensive retired apparel but a lot of people don't play Roundsey because of stuff like this and thus it's not working as the treasure sink it's intended to be, so to rectify that the not-dragon, not-Sprite/KS prizes ought to be halfway decent.
I'm gonna be unpopular and say support. I would rather not have Marva eyes, rusted or iron chests, or health potions as prizes. Not everything has to be super expensive retired apparel but a lot of people don't play Roundsey because of stuff like this and thus it's not working as the treasure sink it's intended to be, so to rectify that the not-dragon, not-Sprite/KS prizes ought to be halfway decent.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2023-03-29 14:46:42" ] I'm gonna be unpopular and say support. I would rather not have Marva eyes, rusted or iron chests, or health potions as prizes. Not everything has to be super expensive retired apparel but a lot of people don't play Roundsey because of stuff like this and thus it's not working as the treasure sink it's intended to be, so to rectify that the not-dragon, not-Sprite/KS prizes ought to be halfway decent. [/quote] ^ bingo the "non-valuable" prize could at least be, i don't know, a nice apparel item? it sucks to "win" and get something that's literally worth less than 5g. obviously not every item needs to be a super special g1 or a retired item but at least make it not....offensively cheap lmao
JonSnOwO wrote on 2023-03-29 14:46:42:

^ bingo

the "non-valuable" prize could at least be, i don't know, a nice apparel item? it sucks to "win" and get something that's literally worth less than 5g. obviously not every item needs to be a super special g1 or a retired item but at least make it not....offensively cheap lmao
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
iron treasure chests rule i get familiars and apparel from those. rusted chests can go away
iron treasure chests rule i get familiars and apparel from those. rusted chests can go away
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers