Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Permababy Toggle?
I love the new-ish silhouette scrolls and recently made one of my new babies eternally youthful, but what if eternal youth had a toggle button like the silhouette scrolls?

Now hear me out—I’m probably not the first person to who have thought of this, but it could have some grounds for canonically infertile dragons or other story-esc functions like a dragon’s mate preference or otherwise orientation. This could give the scroll more than one function while still allowing a player to chose whether their dragon still looks like a hatchling!

Again, probably not an original idea but damn would that be cool!

(Edit: Alrighty then! Seems as though coding wouldn’t bode well so please disregard.)

Thanks for reading though^^
I love the new-ish silhouette scrolls and recently made one of my new babies eternally youthful, but what if eternal youth had a toggle button like the silhouette scrolls?

Now hear me out—I’m probably not the first person to who have thought of this, but it could have some grounds for canonically infertile dragons or other story-esc functions like a dragon’s mate preference or otherwise orientation. This could give the scroll more than one function while still allowing a player to chose whether their dragon still looks like a hatchling!

Again, probably not an original idea but damn would that be cool!

(Edit: Alrighty then! Seems as though coding wouldn’t bode well so please disregard.)

Thanks for reading though^^
this was suggested a little while ago and some users pointed out that this would be really difficult to code

this would also cut into maturity scroll sales- a gem item- so it could cut into the site's revenue if people no longer needed to buy them to turn their permababy back into an adult.
this was suggested a little while ago and some users pointed out that this would be really difficult to code

this would also cut into maturity scroll sales- a gem item- so it could cut into the site's revenue if people no longer needed to buy them to turn their permababy back into an adult.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2023-01-17 15:41:11" ] this was suggested a little while ago and some users pointed out that this would be really difficult to code this would also cut into maturity scroll sales- a gem item- so it could cut into the site's revenue if people no longer needed to buy them to turn their permababy back into an adult. [/quote] Thank you for pointing this out, I made some changes to my post. As you could probably tell I am a bit new to forum navigation so I appreciated the link. I hope you have a good day!
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2023-01-17 15:41:11:

Thank you for pointing this out, I made some changes to my post. As you could probably tell I am a bit new to forum navigation so I appreciated the link. I hope you have a good day!
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2023-01-17 15:41:11" ] this was suggested a little while ago and some users pointed out that this would be really difficult to code this would also cut into maturity scroll sales- a gem item- so it could cut into the site's revenue if people no longer needed to buy them to turn their permababy back into an adult. [/quote] There were plenty of players on that thread who supported the idea though, just with certain caveats (EY dragons can't breed while in the hatchling pose, can't Coli when in EY pose, etc.). Jury was definitely out on the potential difficulty required to code it but that's actually not that important to this suggestion since it's up to the Devs to decide what's "too difficult to code". Maturity scrolls would still have a use in the event players wanted to either 1) speed up a dragon growing up or 2) remove the EY symbol from their dragon (which would pair nicely with a new scroll that could also remove the Silhouette Scroll's affect). And any cut in gem sales for Maturity Scrolls could potentially be made up by the additional interest this would garner in EY scrolls. In any case, I could definitely support making EY poses toggle-able like the Silhouette scroll provided dragons currently in hatchling phases have the same skin/accent, breeding/coli restrictions they already do (although I would love for the Devs to allow accents for hatchlings to be made/worn but that's a separate suggestion).
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2023-01-17 15:41:11:

There were plenty of players on that thread who supported the idea though, just with certain caveats (EY dragons can't breed while in the hatchling pose, can't Coli when in EY pose, etc.).

Jury was definitely out on the potential difficulty required to code it but that's actually not that important to this suggestion since it's up to the Devs to decide what's "too difficult to code".

Maturity scrolls would still have a use in the event players wanted to either 1) speed up a dragon growing up or 2) remove the EY symbol from their dragon (which would pair nicely with a new scroll that could also remove the Silhouette Scroll's affect). And any cut in gem sales for Maturity Scrolls could potentially be made up by the additional interest this would garner in EY scrolls.

In any case, I could definitely support making EY poses toggle-able like the Silhouette scroll provided dragons currently in hatchling phases have the same skin/accent, breeding/coli restrictions they already do (although I would love for the Devs to allow accents for hatchlings to be made/worn but that's a separate suggestion).
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
What coding problems do you mean? We have already checking skins/apparel before applying EY scroll. I do not see problem use same check in toggle mode. And we already have marker about EY that prevent dragon from auto-changing pose into mature. And EY dragons already are filtered out from coli and breeding lists. So nothing change here too.
What coding problems do you mean? We have already checking skins/apparel before applying EY scroll. I do not see problem use same check in toggle mode. And we already have marker about EY that prevent dragon from auto-changing pose into mature. And EY dragons already are filtered out from coli and breeding lists. So nothing change here too.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy