Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Little Warning
1 2
I like the new artwork, but if I'd known the regional banners were going to change I would've really liked a chance to take a screenshot of my old lair header. I feel a bit the same way about Baldwin; the new art is cool and all, but I wish I'd gotten a screenshot before the last clue to his pearlcatcher origin disappeared.

The suggestion then: give players a little warning before these things happen in case people want to screen-cap a memory.

An alternate suggestion from a discussion that took place outside the forums: offer an old-art gallery for players to go to when they want to be nostalgic about Baldwin or the seaside Light banner or whatever.
I like the new artwork, but if I'd known the regional banners were going to change I would've really liked a chance to take a screenshot of my old lair header. I feel a bit the same way about Baldwin; the new art is cool and all, but I wish I'd gotten a screenshot before the last clue to his pearlcatcher origin disappeared.

The suggestion then: give players a little warning before these things happen in case people want to screen-cap a memory.

An alternate suggestion from a discussion that took place outside the forums: offer an old-art gallery for players to go to when they want to be nostalgic about Baldwin or the seaside Light banner or whatever.
CnXcaeB.png * bAQACKn.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/726777505335345192/984122297298333706/unknown.png

Your old lair header is here!

"but I wish I'd gotten a screenshot before the last clue to his pearlcatcher origin disappeared."

The....the pearl is still there? Like, it's always been in the "Create New Item" menu ever since Baldwin became a Bogsneak.

Anyway, no support. It's fine not to be told that kind of thing in advance, because it ruins surprises and all. I don't think Id have enjoyed the anniversary as much if I've been told about the new banner - I would have had expectations and all.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/726777505335345192/984122297298333706/unknown.png

Your old lair header is here!

"but I wish I'd gotten a screenshot before the last clue to his pearlcatcher origin disappeared."

The....the pearl is still there? Like, it's always been in the "Create New Item" menu ever since Baldwin became a Bogsneak.

Anyway, no support. It's fine not to be told that kind of thing in advance, because it ruins surprises and all. I don't think Id have enjoyed the anniversary as much if I've been told about the new banner - I would have had expectations and all.
I think the idea of an old art gallery would be nice. Seeing the site changes in general is cool, especially since some of the old art has/had been up for years at this point.

Not sure about the warning since like the above mentions, it'd ruin the surprise, which is kind of the point, and setting up expectations can lead to people being even more disappointed, imo (hence why they told us it would be lowkey this year, yk?)
I think the idea of an old art gallery would be nice. Seeing the site changes in general is cool, especially since some of the old art has/had been up for years at this point.

Not sure about the warning since like the above mentions, it'd ruin the surprise, which is kind of the point, and setting up expectations can lead to people being even more disappointed, imo (hence why they told us it would be lowkey this year, yk?)
I personally would rather it be a surprise, just putting in my two cents. To be fair though, I'm not a particularly sentimental person.
I personally would rather it be a surprise, just putting in my two cents. To be fair though, I'm not a particularly sentimental person.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
The FR wiki usually has all of the old art, even including the whole rotten egg thing that was here way back. I would check there to see if the banner is still there.

No support on warning though. A surprise would be spoiled otherwise. It's kind of the whole point of a surprise. An old art gallery would be fine though.
The FR wiki usually has all of the old art, even including the whole rotten egg thing that was here way back. I would check there to see if the banner is still there.

No support on warning though. A surprise would be spoiled otherwise. It's kind of the whole point of a surprise. An old art gallery would be fine though.
I would far prefer an onsite art gallery that contains ALL the art, old and new, on the site rather than a warning.
I would far prefer an onsite art gallery that contains ALL the art, old and new, on the site rather than a warning.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I prefer the surprise, however I fully support an old art gallery.
I prefer the surprise, however I fully support an old art gallery.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
A gallery of the old art would be amazing.
A gallery of the old art would be amazing.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Like many others I prefer the surprise but would loved to see an archive of all the old site art

Right now if you want to look at the old art you can find it on the FR wiki
Like many others I prefer the surprise but would loved to see an archive of all the old site art

Right now if you want to look at the old art you can find it on the FR wiki
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
no support for the warning, but an on-site gallery of all the old art would be wonderful! sometimes i just wanna see swipp loafing on his cart again...
no support for the warning, but an on-site gallery of all the old art would be wonderful! sometimes i just wanna see swipp loafing on his cart again...
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
1 2