Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Returning player questions
Hi! I played this game quite a bit in 2014? and have tried getting back into the game twice over the years, but I ended up feeling a bit lost and without goals. I've been playing for the past 3 days now and I really like Veilspuns and since they aren't like the normal dragons, the only thing to dress them up I guess would be official/user made skins and accents, and those seem kinda expensive. Making currency is one of my favorite things to do in other games (I played Lioden for a long time and I liked collecting currency and rare lions).

I've realised breeding dragons seems kinda useless for that as every kind of dragon imaginable already exists by the thousands, and the only valuable dragons are limited ones (gen1s, low IDs, etc) right? I could totally be wrong and missing something, but there aren't rng things that would make a dragon valuable right? I believe eyes like primal were something like that, but then they were changed from what I've read? I also kinda feel like purging most of my dragons so I can start over, but not sure if any of my older dragons are worth anything, as I have a couple 7 year old dragons but they don't look that special.

Another thing I'm wondering is if the marketplace is profitable, as in, are there items that rarely have stock that you can snipe and sell if you keep an eye on it? Also, do the games in the fairgrounds only give treasure or is there any valuable item you can get if you're lucky?

I remember farming coli as well but not really sure what for, gold or event currency I think. Is it something that is still worth your time? I also have some familiars that are pretty pricy (a few sprites) and apparently some old apparel/skins/accents that are worth hundreds of gems, but I'm not even sure how much currency is considered a lot or if the average player usually has a lot of treasure/gems by now.

Well besides the little questions above, I'd just really like to know how you guys keep it interesting, like what your goals are, and if you have any advice for me.

Edit: Oh, and what are hibernal dens? Aaand are there any discord communities about flight rising? Is your flight important to gameplay? What is Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and should I be transmuting stuff? Sorry for all the questions, I keep editing the post to add a few more every time...
Hi! I played this game quite a bit in 2014? and have tried getting back into the game twice over the years, but I ended up feeling a bit lost and without goals. I've been playing for the past 3 days now and I really like Veilspuns and since they aren't like the normal dragons, the only thing to dress them up I guess would be official/user made skins and accents, and those seem kinda expensive. Making currency is one of my favorite things to do in other games (I played Lioden for a long time and I liked collecting currency and rare lions).

I've realised breeding dragons seems kinda useless for that as every kind of dragon imaginable already exists by the thousands, and the only valuable dragons are limited ones (gen1s, low IDs, etc) right? I could totally be wrong and missing something, but there aren't rng things that would make a dragon valuable right? I believe eyes like primal were something like that, but then they were changed from what I've read? I also kinda feel like purging most of my dragons so I can start over, but not sure if any of my older dragons are worth anything, as I have a couple 7 year old dragons but they don't look that special.

Another thing I'm wondering is if the marketplace is profitable, as in, are there items that rarely have stock that you can snipe and sell if you keep an eye on it? Also, do the games in the fairgrounds only give treasure or is there any valuable item you can get if you're lucky?

I remember farming coli as well but not really sure what for, gold or event currency I think. Is it something that is still worth your time? I also have some familiars that are pretty pricy (a few sprites) and apparently some old apparel/skins/accents that are worth hundreds of gems, but I'm not even sure how much currency is considered a lot or if the average player usually has a lot of treasure/gems by now.

Well besides the little questions above, I'd just really like to know how you guys keep it interesting, like what your goals are, and if you have any advice for me.

Edit: Oh, and what are hibernal dens? Aaand are there any discord communities about flight rising? Is your flight important to gameplay? What is Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and should I be transmuting stuff? Sorry for all the questions, I keep editing the post to add a few more every time...
@Arkanea

Dragon Selling Guide.

Short version: Look up similar dragons in the AH to ones you want to sell to determine price. That's your competition. If nothing is above 10k/10g or so then hold onto them until next week when Ice and Shadow have a dom battle. Adult prices are likely to rise higher than that by the end of the week.

The main problem is that while not all combos have been bred nearly all the attractive ones have. Once it's been created that's half a breeding pair to make even more. With our current player base we're now producing an average of 22-23k dragons a day.

MP items are constantly in/out of demand. New items tend to be profitable for a week or three depending on restock rates. Otherwise the only consistently profitable item are the marigold and red rose flowerfalls. It's a gamble and you have to keep on top of prices and trends.

Fairgrounds only gives up to 75k treasure per day plus whatever you get from Higher/Lower per hour since it doesn't count towards the cap. No items are given out.

Coli drops by the hour, hoardsell. Nearly everything sells for higher prices to players but you have to take the effort to sell it.

With the addition of Glimmer and Gloom guides plus just doing dailies a player can spend half an hour on site and make 85k a day plus keep a lair of 100-120 dragons fed. After that it depends on how much you spend vs. how much you make.

Data-Based Money Guide

HDens are places to keep dragons without needing to feed them. While they can't be bred/battled/sold they can be dressed up. Think of it as extra dragon storage.

I don't do Discord but check out Forum Search or your flight's private pages.

Flight is primarily important for eye color and for dominance discounts. After that it's all personal things like lore, aesthetics and social circles.
@Arkanea

Dragon Selling Guide.

Short version: Look up similar dragons in the AH to ones you want to sell to determine price. That's your competition. If nothing is above 10k/10g or so then hold onto them until next week when Ice and Shadow have a dom battle. Adult prices are likely to rise higher than that by the end of the week.

The main problem is that while not all combos have been bred nearly all the attractive ones have. Once it's been created that's half a breeding pair to make even more. With our current player base we're now producing an average of 22-23k dragons a day.

MP items are constantly in/out of demand. New items tend to be profitable for a week or three depending on restock rates. Otherwise the only consistently profitable item are the marigold and red rose flowerfalls. It's a gamble and you have to keep on top of prices and trends.

Fairgrounds only gives up to 75k treasure per day plus whatever you get from Higher/Lower per hour since it doesn't count towards the cap. No items are given out.

Coli drops by the hour, hoardsell. Nearly everything sells for higher prices to players but you have to take the effort to sell it.

With the addition of Glimmer and Gloom guides plus just doing dailies a player can spend half an hour on site and make 85k a day plus keep a lair of 100-120 dragons fed. After that it depends on how much you spend vs. how much you make.

Data-Based Money Guide

HDens are places to keep dragons without needing to feed them. While they can't be bred/battled/sold they can be dressed up. Think of it as extra dragon storage.

I don't do Discord but check out Forum Search or your flight's private pages.

Flight is primarily important for eye color and for dominance discounts. After that it's all personal things like lore, aesthetics and social circles.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@arkanea nightwind covered most of it, but years don’t matter as much as ID does. If your dragon has a 7 digit ID (1234567) or less then they’re considered old and therefore valuable. You can sort by ID amount in the auction house, to find the best matches for what you have (I’m pretty sure old imps still go for more than any other breed with the same ID amount)
@arkanea nightwind covered most of it, but years don’t matter as much as ID does. If your dragon has a 7 digit ID (1234567) or less then they’re considered old and therefore valuable. You can sort by ID amount in the auction house, to find the best matches for what you have (I’m pretty sure old imps still go for more than any other breed with the same ID amount)
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Nightwind Thank you so much! You've given me a lot of info. About the coli farm, is it at all possible to try to farm rare items like unhatched eggs or other items I'm unaware of, or is the only consistent farm the treasure from hoardselling? Edit: Oh sorry, I just scrolled down one of the links you gave me and the info about the eggs is there!

@Shinyumbreon Oh thanks! Went ahead and looked up imperials with 7 digit IDs, and oh boy I'm definitely not exalting mine then. Looking back, I think I might've exalted many valuable dragons the other times I "came back", which is a bit of a shame, but now I know!
@Nightwind Thank you so much! You've given me a lot of info. About the coli farm, is it at all possible to try to farm rare items like unhatched eggs or other items I'm unaware of, or is the only consistent farm the treasure from hoardselling? Edit: Oh sorry, I just scrolled down one of the links you gave me and the info about the eggs is there!

@Shinyumbreon Oh thanks! Went ahead and looked up imperials with 7 digit IDs, and oh boy I'm definitely not exalting mine then. Looking back, I think I might've exalted many valuable dragons the other times I "came back", which is a bit of a shame, but now I know!
@Arkanea

Eggs and other rare drops (venue apparel, for example) have a teeny drop rate and are not counted in Maki's coli drop guide. However, now that we've had a few years to do some testing the best place for eggs is the Training Fields with an approximate drop rate of 2.82 eggs per 100 hours.

The reason things like unhatched eggs and Eliminates are expensive is because they're both wanted and hard to get. If you're serious about earning the most per hour look to restatting your dragons. Zhao would make a good Ghostlight Ruins double fodder trainer and Yokai/Hex could be a grind pair.

Maki's guide to coli builds should help. ;

Check out this post on making 9 million a month compared to getting an egg or two to drop.
@Arkanea

Eggs and other rare drops (venue apparel, for example) have a teeny drop rate and are not counted in Maki's coli drop guide. However, now that we've had a few years to do some testing the best place for eggs is the Training Fields with an approximate drop rate of 2.82 eggs per 100 hours.

The reason things like unhatched eggs and Eliminates are expensive is because they're both wanted and hard to get. If you're serious about earning the most per hour look to restatting your dragons. Zhao would make a good Ghostlight Ruins double fodder trainer and Yokai/Hex could be a grind pair.

Maki's guide to coli builds should help. ;

Check out this post on making 9 million a month compared to getting an egg or two to drop.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind Wow nice, thats a lot of information on that thread about festival week income! I'll start reading about coli teams, definitely wouldn't mind getting back to the coli grind. That post also answered my question about the transmutes, thank you!
@Nightwind Wow nice, thats a lot of information on that thread about festival week income! I'll start reading about coli teams, definitely wouldn't mind getting back to the coli grind. That post also answered my question about the transmutes, thank you!
@Arkanea
welcome back! just wanna poke this guide in here so you can check out what you've missed
@Arkanea
welcome back! just wanna poke this guide in here so you can check out what you've missed
unknown.png
[quote name="@Arkanea" date="2021-10-25 23:49:43" ] What is Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and should I be transmuting stuff? Sorry for all the questions, I keep editing the post to add a few more every time... [/quote] As a max cauldron and constant melter, I would say yes. Baldwin is a crafting mechanic introduced a few years ago. You can melt down almost anything, a few things are protected from being melted. Easiest way now to put something in Baldwin's cauldron is directly from your Hoard, you can sort and filter for items that have no uses that way and melt something that isn't good for anything else. The color you get is random but the type of transmutation ingredient is controlled by what you put in's category. Food=goo, Materials=ooze, Apparel=slime, Familiars=muck, and Trinkets=Sludge. As you build up XP and rise in level, more possible recipes will open to you. Baldwin has genes, familiars, apparel, food that are unique to his stand, Bogsneak eggs and breed change scrolls. Baldwin also has two of the skins for a elemental festival brewable with digging finds from the festival's flight. Fun trivia, Baldwin on his introduction was a Pearlcatcher, you can see his pearl on the new item creation part of his page. He was turned over several days into a Bogsneak as a teaser and hype for the release of Boggies in 2016.
@Arkanea wrote on 2021-10-25 23:49:43:
What is Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and should I be transmuting stuff? Sorry for all the questions, I keep editing the post to add a few more every time...

As a max cauldron and constant melter, I would say yes.

Baldwin is a crafting mechanic introduced a few years ago. You can melt down almost anything, a few things are protected from being melted. Easiest way now to put something in Baldwin's cauldron is directly from your Hoard, you can sort and filter for items that have no uses that way and melt something that isn't good for anything else. The color you get is random but the type of transmutation ingredient is controlled by what you put in's category.

Food=goo, Materials=ooze, Apparel=slime, Familiars=muck, and Trinkets=Sludge. As you build up XP and rise in level, more possible recipes will open to you. Baldwin has genes, familiars, apparel, food that are unique to his stand, Bogsneak eggs and breed change scrolls. Baldwin also has two of the skins for a elemental festival brewable with digging finds from the festival's flight.

Fun trivia, Baldwin on his introduction was a Pearlcatcher, you can see his pearl on the new item creation part of his page. He was turned over several days into a Bogsneak as a teaser and hype for the release of Boggies in 2016.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.