Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fandragons
I’m planning on making a fandragon soon after i gather up enough funds to pay for the entire outfit. however, the actual dragon is still in question so i was wondering,,

How do you guys prefer to make your fandragons? i kinda want my fandragon’s wing color the character’s hair and the primary color the body color/clothing, but i’m still unsure.
I’m planning on making a fandragon soon after i gather up enough funds to pay for the entire outfit. however, the actual dragon is still in question so i was wondering,,

How do you guys prefer to make your fandragons? i kinda want my fandragon’s wing color the character’s hair and the primary color the body color/clothing, but i’m still unsure.
Some people choses dragons, what matches with the characters
Some makes like how you mentioned... I'm one of those

I don't think it's really necesearly to the primary color being cream/tan/whatever color
Make it how you like it
Some people choses dragons, what matches with the characters
Some makes like how you mentioned... I'm one of those

I don't think it's really necesearly to the primary color being cream/tan/whatever color
Make it how you like it
i just have one, but my main focus was secondary for fur/hair color.
i generally probably wouldn't care too much for primary as long as it's fitting to the character, except the one i have is a vampire, so i wanted it some kind of white range.
i just have one, but my main focus was secondary for fur/hair color.
i generally probably wouldn't care too much for primary as long as it's fitting to the character, except the one i have is a vampire, so i wanted it some kind of white range.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
here’s my fandragon of eivor from assasins creed, who doesn’t use anything from the original character except for the eyes and the grey wings being like a cloak! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58598378][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/585984/58598378_350.png[/img][/url] The primary is white because snow, cause eivor canonically comes from a snowy place, and the tertiary is red skeletal cause well, it’s kind of a bloody game. So your fandragon can have colors based on a theme rather than the real character look!
here’s my fandragon of eivor from assasins creed, who doesn’t use anything from the original character except for the eyes and the grey wings being like a cloak!
58598378_350.png
The primary is white because snow, cause eivor canonically comes from a snowy place, and the tertiary is red skeletal cause well, it’s kind of a bloody game. So your fandragon can have colors based on a theme rather than the real character look!
2Q5YVhN.png vslbbes.gif
I usually make primary the skin color, secondary hair color and tert is characters special trait, something to change the hair color when there is no matching one or just a color the character has on them but the apparel don't (like for example there is no good blue body apparel like coat/cloak there's mages tunic but it's too bright and aviator is half white so blue underbelly works fine)

Sometimes I make exceptions when characters outfit would look really good as genes rather than apparel
I usually make primary the skin color, secondary hair color and tert is characters special trait, something to change the hair color when there is no matching one or just a color the character has on them but the apparel don't (like for example there is no good blue body apparel like coat/cloak there's mages tunic but it's too bright and aviator is half white so blue underbelly works fine)

Sometimes I make exceptions when characters outfit would look really good as genes rather than apparel
rzrrjmF.gif
honestly i don't have any set way of doing it, though i do go for secondary matching hair color a lot. usually it's mostly just what i feel fits, i guess?

nowadays i also tend to plan out outfits beforehand so the dragon usually follows from that
honestly i don't have any set way of doing it, though i do go for secondary matching hair color a lot. usually it's mostly just what i feel fits, i guess?

nowadays i also tend to plan out outfits beforehand so the dragon usually follows from that
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
I usually base my fandragons' primaries + secondaries off of their hair color, instead of giving their primaries a skin-tone. Its just personal preference for me! Especially when said dragons don't have colored apparel to fit their outfits.
I usually base my fandragons' primaries + secondaries off of their hair color, instead of giving their primaries a skin-tone. Its just personal preference for me! Especially when said dragons don't have colored apparel to fit their outfits.
:Mysterious Relief: item

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
I usually model their colors after their costume
I usually model their colors after their costume
She/They
Fr time+2
Ummm....I like books?
i typically try to get the secondary to match hair color, and go with either skin color or a prevalent outfit color for the primary. tertiary's a case-by-case basis, usually just whatever i feel adds to the combo and makes a dragon feel like "them." there are exceptions here and there, though; my favorite fandragon has a primary that matches his hair and a secondary that's just kind of thematic, since i just really like how he looks.

would've done Ice sec but that's a lot harder to find for G1s and didn't look as pretty anyway LOL
i typically try to get the secondary to match hair color, and go with either skin color or a prevalent outfit color for the primary. tertiary's a case-by-case basis, usually just whatever i feel adds to the combo and makes a dragon feel like "them." there are exceptions here and there, though; my favorite fandragon has a primary that matches his hair and a secondary that's just kind of thematic, since i just really like how he looks.

would've done Ice sec but that's a lot harder to find for G1s and didn't look as pretty anyway LOL
Coliseum banner showing a regal golden Coatl with an azure crest and wings.
Coliseum banner showing a heavily-armored Nocturne.
they/them
Lair Directory:
The old Lightning avatar banner, linking to After's Lair Directory.
... Coliseum banner showing a white-bodied and black-winged Spiral.
Coliseum banner showing a pink and black Imperial with light blue face markings.
I tend to base the primary on their clothing rather than skin color (all that white/cream would look so boring :p) and base the secondary either on hair color or another fitting color to their look.
Actually, I think I have 1 dragon with their primary based on skin tone and that's because it's also part of his overall colorscheme anyway.

Really I guess it depends on the dragon/character and what's the most recognizable features for them. Plus, I have to think if FR has the proper apparel or if I'll have to mimic that in their colors and go from there. (FR jackets/hoodies when???)

For the tert I tend to again base it on clothing color (or in some cases for 'gorey' characters it gets turned into blood via crackle or smirch or thylacine occasionally). Other times it might attribute to the character's overall look, which may or may not be part of their outfit.

I do have a few based on things like Harry Potter houses and GoT houses (is that the term it's been a while???)
For those I basically just make the dragon those colors in whatever way looks nice to me.

Eye color for me is basically the character's eye color- if I can figure it out, as some are hard to look at and figure out. Otherwise I just try to match their color scheme. Although, I'll admit, some are just different because I didn't think about it at the time of getting/breeding for them but really, eyes are so small on most breeds it likely isn't noticeable.

Feel free to check mine out if you want to see what I mean by my explanation. Some have character images in their bios. HERE and HERE

I tend to base the primary on their clothing rather than skin color (all that white/cream would look so boring :p) and base the secondary either on hair color or another fitting color to their look.
Actually, I think I have 1 dragon with their primary based on skin tone and that's because it's also part of his overall colorscheme anyway.

Really I guess it depends on the dragon/character and what's the most recognizable features for them. Plus, I have to think if FR has the proper apparel or if I'll have to mimic that in their colors and go from there. (FR jackets/hoodies when???)

For the tert I tend to again base it on clothing color (or in some cases for 'gorey' characters it gets turned into blood via crackle or smirch or thylacine occasionally). Other times it might attribute to the character's overall look, which may or may not be part of their outfit.

I do have a few based on things like Harry Potter houses and GoT houses (is that the term it's been a while???)
For those I basically just make the dragon those colors in whatever way looks nice to me.

Eye color for me is basically the character's eye color- if I can figure it out, as some are hard to look at and figure out. Otherwise I just try to match their color scheme. Although, I'll admit, some are just different because I didn't think about it at the time of getting/breeding for them but really, eyes are so small on most breeds it likely isn't noticeable.

Feel free to check mine out if you want to see what I mean by my explanation. Some have character images in their bios. HERE and HERE

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif