Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldown too long -- opinion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Hi, does anyone else think breeding cooldowns are ridiculously long? I understand it's to keep the market from being flooded, but I really do think they should be cut rather drastically. At this time, there is nothing else to do but breed. It's the whole point of the game, and with the fairgrounds closed and the recent downtime, I'm really frustrated with the game.

For new users, I think 10+ days to breed again is off-putting. Just what, exactly, am I supposed to do during those ten days? I may be being a little harsh, but I don't think the game is worth the nearly $40,000 raised in the kickstarter, and I am glad I chose not to donate.

You might be saying "well, if you don't like it, don't play". This is exactly what's going to happen. I don't think I am interested enough to play. But before I leave, I wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way or if anyone has any good arguments against this opinion.
Hi, does anyone else think breeding cooldowns are ridiculously long? I understand it's to keep the market from being flooded, but I really do think they should be cut rather drastically. At this time, there is nothing else to do but breed. It's the whole point of the game, and with the fairgrounds closed and the recent downtime, I'm really frustrated with the game.

For new users, I think 10+ days to breed again is off-putting. Just what, exactly, am I supposed to do during those ten days? I may be being a little harsh, but I don't think the game is worth the nearly $40,000 raised in the kickstarter, and I am glad I chose not to donate.

You might be saying "well, if you don't like it, don't play". This is exactly what's going to happen. I don't think I am interested enough to play. But before I leave, I wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way or if anyone has any good arguments against this opinion.
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.pnglight.png
I'm in the same boat, I've heard rarer breeds have a breeding cooldown of 30 days or something. It's a bit overkill.

I'm in the same boat, I've heard rarer breeds have a breeding cooldown of 30 days or something. It's a bit overkill.

There's a lot more to the game than breeding and the Fairgrounds, but if you don't like what else there is to offer, I don't think anything anyone says is going to sway you either way.
There's a lot more to the game than breeding and the Fairgrounds, but if you don't like what else there is to offer, I don't think anything anyone says is going to sway you either way.
The recent downtime is not the admin's fault - It's a brand new game with an overwhelmingly large boom of players in just 2 weeks. They are working their butts off to fix bugs and improve browsing capabilities (along with constant and helpful updates, I must add).

I wouldn't say breeding is the only thing to do. I spend a lot of time in the coliseum and chatting about suggestions/sales/dragons on the forums as well. This site has a very friendly player base and I take advantage of that. I scout the forums and auction house for new apparel, familiars and battle items often as well, as i like to collect and all of the familiars are so cute ^^

As well, if the breeding times were cut "drastically," as you say, what would happen then? People would overbreed everything, every dragon color imaginable in every breed would be obtainable within a couple months. Dragons would be worth nothing, people would have dozens of them and treasure would be worth nothing. The game would surely be a graveyard then since there is nothing left to obtain.

I understand your frustration,I really do. If breeding is the only thing you want to do on here, it makes sense that you are unsatisfied. If that was all i came here for, I'd be bored too. The longer wait times even make it more exciting for when you finally do breed, since you've been waiting and carefully planning for a few weeks.

Obviously I hate to see people go, since I personally love this game and think it has great potential once all the cracks get smoothed out in the coming weeks. If you aren't convinced to stay by now, you probably won't. ^^ But i think the potential is here and hopefully you'll check back soon too see it!
The recent downtime is not the admin's fault - It's a brand new game with an overwhelmingly large boom of players in just 2 weeks. They are working their butts off to fix bugs and improve browsing capabilities (along with constant and helpful updates, I must add).

I wouldn't say breeding is the only thing to do. I spend a lot of time in the coliseum and chatting about suggestions/sales/dragons on the forums as well. This site has a very friendly player base and I take advantage of that. I scout the forums and auction house for new apparel, familiars and battle items often as well, as i like to collect and all of the familiars are so cute ^^

As well, if the breeding times were cut "drastically," as you say, what would happen then? People would overbreed everything, every dragon color imaginable in every breed would be obtainable within a couple months. Dragons would be worth nothing, people would have dozens of them and treasure would be worth nothing. The game would surely be a graveyard then since there is nothing left to obtain.

I understand your frustration,I really do. If breeding is the only thing you want to do on here, it makes sense that you are unsatisfied. If that was all i came here for, I'd be bored too. The longer wait times even make it more exciting for when you finally do breed, since you've been waiting and carefully planning for a few weeks.

Obviously I hate to see people go, since I personally love this game and think it has great potential once all the cracks get smoothed out in the coming weeks. If you aren't convinced to stay by now, you probably won't. ^^ But i think the potential is here and hopefully you'll check back soon too see it!
It seems long now, but once you get further along, like, with 50 or so dragons, it'll be easy to ration out two or three pairs of hatchlings per week.

I believe the devs were looking at the cooldowns in the long run sort of aspect.
It seems long now, but once you get further along, like, with 50 or so dragons, it'll be easy to ration out two or three pairs of hatchlings per week.

I believe the devs were looking at the cooldowns in the long run sort of aspect.
SHADOWBINDER_sig.png
I'm torn between you're right, and you're also not right.

As someone who's not to keen on the games I only have a few dragons so yeah I'm pretty much twiddling my thumbs for 15 days (actually more cuz I'm mainly focusing on Imperials and hopefully when I have the funds other scrolled breeds)
Thats just not ... exiting. I can forgive it, thers a zilion other games I play in the days I can't breed and Steamsales are coming so yeah. And I might just use FR to get art commissions of dragons, the only thing I'll draw while being payed badly or with fake money (lol)

You're also not right because, don't ask me how, some people already have 2 galley tabs full of dragons with planned breeding scheduals who will have nests to incubate for most of the time. give them even more breeding time and we'll be drowning in dragons even more so... In a way I assume its crowd control.
Don't ask me how they do it, they must really love puzzels.

in overall I agree with the breeding cooldown being to long, but I think I'm a minority.
I'm torn between you're right, and you're also not right.

As someone who's not to keen on the games I only have a few dragons so yeah I'm pretty much twiddling my thumbs for 15 days (actually more cuz I'm mainly focusing on Imperials and hopefully when I have the funds other scrolled breeds)
Thats just not ... exiting. I can forgive it, thers a zilion other games I play in the days I can't breed and Steamsales are coming so yeah. And I might just use FR to get art commissions of dragons, the only thing I'll draw while being payed badly or with fake money (lol)

You're also not right because, don't ask me how, some people already have 2 galley tabs full of dragons with planned breeding scheduals who will have nests to incubate for most of the time. give them even more breeding time and we'll be drowning in dragons even more so... In a way I assume its crowd control.
Don't ask me how they do it, they must really love puzzels.

in overall I agree with the breeding cooldown being to long, but I think I'm a minority.
they do this for a reason. they've been having some hacker trouble but there will be faire games, more coliseum goodies, familiars to collect etc etc. they have long breeding cool downs so that people arent just haphazardly pairing dragons and creating millions of babies. the server would die if people were allowed to crank out babies every few days or so and you'd end up with many low quality color combinations. flight rising would turn into a gigantic puppy mill without the cool downs. be patient. i for one love the game when it is working, and im glad i supported the kick starter. forces you to think about your choices rather than just go nuts. i see nothing wrong with it.

so uh. see ya! *waves*
they do this for a reason. they've been having some hacker trouble but there will be faire games, more coliseum goodies, familiars to collect etc etc. they have long breeding cool downs so that people arent just haphazardly pairing dragons and creating millions of babies. the server would die if people were allowed to crank out babies every few days or so and you'd end up with many low quality color combinations. flight rising would turn into a gigantic puppy mill without the cool downs. be patient. i for one love the game when it is working, and im glad i supported the kick starter. forces you to think about your choices rather than just go nuts. i see nothing wrong with it.

so uh. see ya! *waves*
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
It does seem like a long time, but it helps more to think about the long term consequences. To me FR seems to be making preparations to avoid the major problems experienced by other older breeding sim websites like Wajas for instance. The breeding system is a big part of that; we don't have to worry about mucky dragons because colors don't blend together in offspring, and because of the length between breedings there aren't so many unwanted dragons.

Besides, the cooldown gives me ample time to focus on other aspects of the game, like battling and collecting in the Coliseum and prettying up the dragons I already have. It also makes it all the more special when I do get eggs to take care of.
It does seem like a long time, but it helps more to think about the long term consequences. To me FR seems to be making preparations to avoid the major problems experienced by other older breeding sim websites like Wajas for instance. The breeding system is a big part of that; we don't have to worry about mucky dragons because colors don't blend together in offspring, and because of the length between breedings there aren't so many unwanted dragons.

Besides, the cooldown gives me ample time to focus on other aspects of the game, like battling and collecting in the Coliseum and prettying up the dragons I already have. It also makes it all the more special when I do get eggs to take care of.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
As much as I hate the breeding cooldowns, I got to say I'm glad they are that long, especially for the rare breeds. If the breeding cooldowns were short, we would have plenty of imperials, spirals, snappers etc floating around, and they would lose their value.
As much as I hate the breeding cooldowns, I got to say I'm glad they are that long, especially for the rare breeds. If the breeding cooldowns were short, we would have plenty of imperials, spirals, snappers etc floating around, and they would lose their value.
teabanner_zpsef987d5d.png
@Cymas I sit and play the coliseum all day through the lag and everything else, but the main feature of the site seems to be breeding your dragons (Correct me if I'm wrong). When you've got a bit over a week for a clutch of eggs that may only bear you one or two eggs every week (Or more for rarer breeds), dragging yourself through the coliseum gets...monotonous.
Forums only do so much, especially when your posts don't get much traffic, and there's not much of a conversation to make in joining random posts.

@Swiftla It'll get to that state eventually, the every color thing. Might even be there now with the amount of users + amount of dragons per person + the amount of colors on the wheel. Only so many combos to get, but 30 days is honestly ridiculous. I don't care for the 10 day one, but I can deal with it.
@Cymas I sit and play the coliseum all day through the lag and everything else, but the main feature of the site seems to be breeding your dragons (Correct me if I'm wrong). When you've got a bit over a week for a clutch of eggs that may only bear you one or two eggs every week (Or more for rarer breeds), dragging yourself through the coliseum gets...monotonous.
Forums only do so much, especially when your posts don't get much traffic, and there's not much of a conversation to make in joining random posts.

@Swiftla It'll get to that state eventually, the every color thing. Might even be there now with the amount of users + amount of dragons per person + the amount of colors on the wheel. Only so many combos to get, but 30 days is honestly ridiculous. I don't care for the 10 day one, but I can deal with it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13