Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldown too long -- opinion
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@Technicolor

God help us all if the wait WERE any longer.
Main thing I figured I'd make mention of was that, without changes being made to the breeding limit itself, the only thing to do really is just let it go and try to be patient. Should something actually be done to reduce the wait, I'd be fine with that, I'm hardly against the idea.

Generally, I'm hoping for more dailies and activities to do on-site to help diversify what can be done within the boundaries of FR to kill time. Until then, hobbies and work have me by the nose.
@Technicolor

God help us all if the wait WERE any longer.
Main thing I figured I'd make mention of was that, without changes being made to the breeding limit itself, the only thing to do really is just let it go and try to be patient. Should something actually be done to reduce the wait, I'd be fine with that, I'm hardly against the idea.

Generally, I'm hoping for more dailies and activities to do on-site to help diversify what can be done within the boundaries of FR to kill time. Until then, hobbies and work have me by the nose.
sigfr1_by_sakurabomb-d6g42r5.png
@Technicolor
It's not an excuse, it's literally the way the site is set up xD It's made with long-term play and goals in mind.
In any case! It was not my intention to get in a bit of an argument with someone, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Some people will not enjoy the long cooldowns, and that's fine ~ it's just that the site as it now may not cater to them yet, unfortunately.
(and eep sorry if you thought I was calling you impatient - I was not refering to you ;A; )
@Technicolor
It's not an excuse, it's literally the way the site is set up xD It's made with long-term play and goals in mind.
In any case! It was not my intention to get in a bit of an argument with someone, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Some people will not enjoy the long cooldowns, and that's fine ~ it's just that the site as it now may not cater to them yet, unfortunately.
(and eep sorry if you thought I was calling you impatient - I was not refering to you ;A; )
Q7HH0eK.png
@Twitchy I do the same as you every day. It's ...still a long haul, and a lot of people are going to say "Well a month just to get started isn't worth it." to everyone who suggests it.

The same to you though, there are also good reasons as to why people would like a shorter cool down and they are also going to point them out. It's a good discussion.
@Twitchy I do the same as you every day. It's ...still a long haul, and a lot of people are going to say "Well a month just to get started isn't worth it." to everyone who suggests it.

The same to you though, there are also good reasons as to why people would like a shorter cool down and they are also going to point them out. It's a good discussion.
[quote]It's ...still a long haul, and a lot of people are going to say "Well a month just to get started isn't worth it." to everyone who suggests it.[/quote] @Technicolor, And that's an instant gratification issue which is also a problem systemic in our society. I don't really have any sympathy for it. I understand it but it's not something I really respect anymore as a whole. Games that make some choices lasting, permanent choices and force you to think ahead instead of right after the click are refreshing and I'm enjoying this as it is. And, seriously, it's going to be breeding city very soon. I'm probably going to have to expand my Nesting Grounds.
Quote:
It's ...still a long haul, and a lot of people are going to say "Well a month just to get started isn't worth it." to everyone who suggests it.

@Technicolor, And that's an instant gratification issue which is also a problem systemic in our society. I don't really have any sympathy for it. I understand it but it's not something I really respect anymore as a whole.

Games that make some choices lasting, permanent choices and force you to think ahead instead of right after the click are refreshing and I'm enjoying this as it is.

And, seriously, it's going to be breeding city very soon. I'm probably going to have to expand my Nesting Grounds.
coffee. need coffee.
the cool down time is too long when you only get one egg per nest each time :( I saw a couple people who had that happen :((((( and it was on dragons with 35 day cool down times how sad!!! seems that one eggs are more common than three!!!
the cool down time is too long when you only get one egg per nest each time :( I saw a couple people who had that happen :((((( and it was on dragons with 35 day cool down times how sad!!! seems that one eggs are more common than three!!!
IIN1Zjg.png
Just putting in my two cents about this.

I think, even with about a week cool down, we would be swamped with baby dragons. Also as much as exalting does help with that, it kind of makes Dominance a boring thing. If everyone is exalting dragons, than it wouldn't be hard for a clan to be dominant. All they'd have to do is agree on a week when they should exalt their dragons, save them for that week, and they'd stomp the competition. No challenge, no friendly competition, just boring same-old same-old. Where it stands currently, you have to make sacrifices and EARN the Dominance. That's the way it should be, in my opinion. Sure, exalting dragons will get easier as time progresses, but it will (and never should) never be easy.

I also have to say that calling the site not worth its money is slightly rude :c It's not like they asked to be bugged, or asked to have to have emergency downtime, or asked for things to be slow at first. They just asked for a little bit of help, patience, and support. It's the least we can do to give it to them.

I think you guys should explore the site a bit more-not necessarily quit. There are lots of things to do, sights to see, and new things coming in to enjoy. If you click the button "Play" off to the side you will see that there is something coming soon called Adventure-that ought to be fun. Then the coliseum, the fairgrounds, the forums, and everything else makes this site unique and interesting.
Just putting in my two cents about this.

I think, even with about a week cool down, we would be swamped with baby dragons. Also as much as exalting does help with that, it kind of makes Dominance a boring thing. If everyone is exalting dragons, than it wouldn't be hard for a clan to be dominant. All they'd have to do is agree on a week when they should exalt their dragons, save them for that week, and they'd stomp the competition. No challenge, no friendly competition, just boring same-old same-old. Where it stands currently, you have to make sacrifices and EARN the Dominance. That's the way it should be, in my opinion. Sure, exalting dragons will get easier as time progresses, but it will (and never should) never be easy.

I also have to say that calling the site not worth its money is slightly rude :c It's not like they asked to be bugged, or asked to have to have emergency downtime, or asked for things to be slow at first. They just asked for a little bit of help, patience, and support. It's the least we can do to give it to them.

I think you guys should explore the site a bit more-not necessarily quit. There are lots of things to do, sights to see, and new things coming in to enjoy. If you click the button "Play" off to the side you will see that there is something coming soon called Adventure-that ought to be fun. Then the coliseum, the fairgrounds, the forums, and everything else makes this site unique and interesting.
windsinger_symbol.png
Wind clan is the best!
People saying that the 1 month cooldown is overkill. Reading through the forum, I remember reading about how on another site you had to wait 6 months for a rare breed cooldown. Now thats what you call an overkill.
People saying that the 1 month cooldown is overkill. Reading through the forum, I remember reading about how on another site you had to wait 6 months for a rare breed cooldown. Now thats what you call an overkill.
Forum-signature.png
@Princess, My first nest was a one egg clutch. My second was a two egg clutch. My current one is a three egg clutch.

I have one dragon, soon two, with a 30 day cooldown.

I still don't believe the cooldown should be shortened.

@Princess, My first nest was a one egg clutch. My second was a two egg clutch. My current one is a three egg clutch.

I have one dragon, soon two, with a 30 day cooldown.

I still don't believe the cooldown should be shortened.

coffee. need coffee.
@Arronax I would enjoy the insanity on the forums if it ever did happen, it'd be a crazy amusing ride.

More dailies is a good idea, that I'm sure they're already working to help "lessen the blow", if you will.

@Fishcycle
"Instant Gratification" for sitting back and never complaining (which is what it reads to me as every time it's brought up) is the excuse I'm pointing out, and where is this long-term play and goals thing everyone speaks of written down at, I'm genuinely interested.

I'm not saying make it super easy for everybody, Wrenpuff points out the issue with that, it's to have an equal balance of work and reward to have fun.

It's okay though! I view it as more of a discussion of both sides of the "issue", not an argument. No hard feelings, tone and meaning are hard to convey through the 'net, that's why we rely on smilies and doofy jokes, right?

@Twitchy Speaking of instant gratification, here we are again. I've also made some comments on that, and like I mentioned above, you need a balance of work and reward sprinkled through for an enjoyable experience.

I have no sympathy or respect for it either, but it's not about making the game insta-reward. It's giving you steps as a new (or old) player to feel good about playing, the more you feel you accomplish the more you want to continue.

Like a set of stairs that have the steps too close together or too far apart, for a good climb you want something inbetween. Too close doesn't give you the feeling you did something, too far apart and you'll probably quit.
@Arronax I would enjoy the insanity on the forums if it ever did happen, it'd be a crazy amusing ride.

More dailies is a good idea, that I'm sure they're already working to help "lessen the blow", if you will.

@Fishcycle
"Instant Gratification" for sitting back and never complaining (which is what it reads to me as every time it's brought up) is the excuse I'm pointing out, and where is this long-term play and goals thing everyone speaks of written down at, I'm genuinely interested.

I'm not saying make it super easy for everybody, Wrenpuff points out the issue with that, it's to have an equal balance of work and reward to have fun.

It's okay though! I view it as more of a discussion of both sides of the "issue", not an argument. No hard feelings, tone and meaning are hard to convey through the 'net, that's why we rely on smilies and doofy jokes, right?

@Twitchy Speaking of instant gratification, here we are again. I've also made some comments on that, and like I mentioned above, you need a balance of work and reward sprinkled through for an enjoyable experience.

I have no sympathy or respect for it either, but it's not about making the game insta-reward. It's giving you steps as a new (or old) player to feel good about playing, the more you feel you accomplish the more you want to continue.

Like a set of stairs that have the steps too close together or too far apart, for a good climb you want something inbetween. Too close doesn't give you the feeling you did something, too far apart and you'll probably quit.
@Technicolor, that's just it.

Everything else on the site, everything else you can do in between breeding cycles is that "in between" you seek.

If you just sit around and only play when you can breed, you'll never be able to participate in the economy or get breed change scrolls, etc.

It's not just a breeding game. If it was, I wouldn't be wasting my time and money here. If all you want to do is breed, yeah, you'll be disappointed for the first 15 to 30 days and that's nobody's fault but yours (general) and your expectations not matching up with the intended gameplay of Flight Rising.
@Technicolor, that's just it.

Everything else on the site, everything else you can do in between breeding cycles is that "in between" you seek.

If you just sit around and only play when you can breed, you'll never be able to participate in the economy or get breed change scrolls, etc.

It's not just a breeding game. If it was, I wouldn't be wasting my time and money here. If all you want to do is breed, yeah, you'll be disappointed for the first 15 to 30 days and that's nobody's fault but yours (general) and your expectations not matching up with the intended gameplay of Flight Rising.
coffee. need coffee.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13