Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Let me write you a story. [in progress]
1 2
I've been feeling a bit meh about my own work lately so I thought I'd try something different.

This is pretty simple: just throw me some suggestions/ideas for a story you want me to write. I may pick one, none or several. Whatever I write will then be posted right here in this thread for everyone to (hopefully) enjoy.

Tips are appreciated but not necessary.

There are, of course, a few limitations. Because this is a public forum I won't write anything with sex, gore, or overly explicit language. I also will not write furry/anthro or ponies. Sorry, just not my thing. I may consider fanfiction but only if it's something I'm already familiar with and enjoy.

Aside from that, fire away.

Currently working on:

A story about Lazuli for theflamebreath
I've been feeling a bit meh about my own work lately so I thought I'd try something different.

This is pretty simple: just throw me some suggestions/ideas for a story you want me to write. I may pick one, none or several. Whatever I write will then be posted right here in this thread for everyone to (hopefully) enjoy.

Tips are appreciated but not necessary.

There are, of course, a few limitations. Because this is a public forum I won't write anything with sex, gore, or overly explicit language. I also will not write furry/anthro or ponies. Sorry, just not my thing. I may consider fanfiction but only if it's something I'm already familiar with and enjoy.

Aside from that, fire away.

Currently working on:

A story about Lazuli for theflamebreath
@cymas I like people who write :3 So is it your intention to write something about dragons? What do you think of my girl Lazuli? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13032965] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/130330/13032965_350.png[/img] [/url] She's the clan's beastclan ambassador, but until now I have nothing about what she does. Maybe you could make somethign pretty about how she deals with them? I think we would probably keep the most in contact with harpies, as they live in the area, and probably she would use her Storm Seeker as a way to communicate, but also as a message deliverer and spy to see what's going on... I hope you find it intresting! Anyway, any dragon in my clan without some sort of bio can use something written about them! :3
@cymas I like people who write :3
So is it your intention to write something about dragons?

What do you think of my girl Lazuli?

13032965_350.png

She's the clan's beastclan ambassador, but until now I have nothing about what she does. Maybe you could make somethign pretty about how she deals with them? I think we would probably keep the most in contact with harpies, as they live in the area, and probably she would use her Storm Seeker as a way to communicate, but also as a message deliverer and spy to see what's going on...

I hope you find it intresting! Anyway, any dragon in my clan without some sort of bio can use something written about them! :3
tumblr_pt1xf3Pjx71ypi5ljo1_500.png

b7fepcb.png uisysIG.pngm33-book.pngB1_R2.png

KQbvJ.gif

hzemmQf.png
prxVp.gif
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif
prxVp.gif

sxnWP.gifHvmMb.gif

7zcCDc4.pngk3qbli.jpg 1zoaqgj.png 2gwdfu8.png1MvLq.gif
@theflamebreath I can give it a shot at least. Are you looking for an actual bio for her?
@theflamebreath I can give it a shot at least. Are you looking for an actual bio for her?
@cymas a short story is perfect! Anything I can put in her bio is alright .3
@cymas a short story is perfect! Anything I can put in her bio is alright .3

KQbvJ.gif

hzemmQf.png
prxVp.gif
prxVp.gif

sxnWP.gifHvmMb.gif

@theflamebreath Ok, just let me clarify a couple of things first.

What area in Wind does your clan reside? I know your profile will show the default for your Lair size but I know that's not always accurate for Lore purposes.

And do you have any personality/background for her or is it just whatever I come up with in the context of the story?
@theflamebreath Ok, just let me clarify a couple of things first.

What area in Wind does your clan reside? I know your profile will show the default for your Lair size but I know that's not always accurate for Lore purposes.

And do you have any personality/background for her or is it just whatever I come up with in the context of the story?
@cymas lore-wise, we still reside in the zephyr steppes, but we are preparing to move as soon as we hit the next lair expansion. Character-wise, sadly Lazuli is kind of a blank canvas, as I decided to keep her, but never worked on her bio as I did forsome of the other dragons.

Some things I can think about her you may find intresting:
She's obviously obsessed with birds and hoards seeker orbs like there's no tomorrow
She's one of the few dragons of my lair to actually think Phebus (her father) isn't a useless piece of junk, and believes the really unfortuante prophecies he always tells
She is superstitious
Her first familiar was a bluemoon aviar that now is the ambassador for the harpy clan she's in contact with
Beside harpies, our clan doesn't have a good relationship with the other beastclans, especially with the Longnecks
@cymas lore-wise, we still reside in the zephyr steppes, but we are preparing to move as soon as we hit the next lair expansion. Character-wise, sadly Lazuli is kind of a blank canvas, as I decided to keep her, but never worked on her bio as I did forsome of the other dragons.

Some things I can think about her you may find intresting:
She's obviously obsessed with birds and hoards seeker orbs like there's no tomorrow
She's one of the few dragons of my lair to actually think Phebus (her father) isn't a useless piece of junk, and believes the really unfortuante prophecies he always tells
She is superstitious
Her first familiar was a bluemoon aviar that now is the ambassador for the harpy clan she's in contact with
Beside harpies, our clan doesn't have a good relationship with the other beastclans, especially with the Longnecks

KQbvJ.gif

hzemmQf.png
prxVp.gif
prxVp.gif

sxnWP.gifHvmMb.gif

@theflamebreath

If it's all right with you, this story will be set in the Zephyr Steppes pre-move then, even if you happen to expand before this is finished.

What kind of unfortunate prophecies does Phebus tell? I think I want to work that in somehow, I just need an example or two to determine how I want it to go. Also if you happen to have anything further on Phebus. I'm imagining him as a depressive, slightly paranoid sort, maybe on the slightly over intoxicated side, but I want to know if I've missed the mark here.

Thank you for the extra information! It is very helpful to me. I have a very vague idea of what I want to do for this, I just don't want to go in some random direction that doesn't fit your clan's Lore at all.
@theflamebreath

If it's all right with you, this story will be set in the Zephyr Steppes pre-move then, even if you happen to expand before this is finished.

What kind of unfortunate prophecies does Phebus tell? I think I want to work that in somehow, I just need an example or two to determine how I want it to go. Also if you happen to have anything further on Phebus. I'm imagining him as a depressive, slightly paranoid sort, maybe on the slightly over intoxicated side, but I want to know if I've missed the mark here.

Thank you for the extra information! It is very helpful to me. I have a very vague idea of what I want to do for this, I just don't want to go in some random direction that doesn't fit your clan's Lore at all.
@cymas I actually got confused between the harpies and the talonoks, which are the ones we are on good terms with.
Anyway, Phebus is another of those I haven't written about yet, but I think you got him perfectly. He was like the fourth dragon to join the clan when I first subscibed, and this is practically the only reason he's still there. He' s disliked, and has the terrible habit of making up terrible prophecies that make him much more hated. His prophecies aren't real ones, he doesn't have powers of any kind, they are justtaken from easy to deduct events, like
-Tomorrow there will be a storm that will mess up all the lair's rooms (storms are predictable by the movements of the clouds, plus since nobody listens to him no one will care about closing the caves from the tempest, the phropecy becomes true.)
-Those two are going to have an unfortunate nest (we either get an 1egg or all the offsprings are horrible.)
-Beware of impulse buys (we purchase a really expensive piece of apparel but it doesn't look good on the dragon it was meant for)
-Do not let that one travel (the dragon purchased from us is exalted/ ends up in a lair that dies soon after)

Really simple things indeed, it's just that they are so pessimistic nobody wants to believe to them
@cymas I actually got confused between the harpies and the talonoks, which are the ones we are on good terms with.
Anyway, Phebus is another of those I haven't written about yet, but I think you got him perfectly. He was like the fourth dragon to join the clan when I first subscibed, and this is practically the only reason he's still there. He' s disliked, and has the terrible habit of making up terrible prophecies that make him much more hated. His prophecies aren't real ones, he doesn't have powers of any kind, they are justtaken from easy to deduct events, like
-Tomorrow there will be a storm that will mess up all the lair's rooms (storms are predictable by the movements of the clouds, plus since nobody listens to him no one will care about closing the caves from the tempest, the phropecy becomes true.)
-Those two are going to have an unfortunate nest (we either get an 1egg or all the offsprings are horrible.)
-Beware of impulse buys (we purchase a really expensive piece of apparel but it doesn't look good on the dragon it was meant for)
-Do not let that one travel (the dragon purchased from us is exalted/ ends up in a lair that dies soon after)

Really simple things indeed, it's just that they are so pessimistic nobody wants to believe to them

KQbvJ.gif

hzemmQf.png
prxVp.gif
prxVp.gif

sxnWP.gifHvmMb.gif

@theflamebreath

Glad we caught that before I wrote it then, there's quite a difference between the two beastclans haha.

So his "prophecies" do come true, mostly, just nobody wants to hear them? Hmm. I can definitely work with that. Also I kinda feel bad for him lol.

One last question, I promise. XD You mention Lazuli is superstitious; is it just in general or are there specific ones she believes?

I apologize if this seems a little intensive/grilling; I'm a stickler for details and I want to make sure I get it at least mostly right.
@theflamebreath

Glad we caught that before I wrote it then, there's quite a difference between the two beastclans haha.

So his "prophecies" do come true, mostly, just nobody wants to hear them? Hmm. I can definitely work with that. Also I kinda feel bad for him lol.

One last question, I promise. XD You mention Lazuli is superstitious; is it just in general or are there specific ones she believes?

I apologize if this seems a little intensive/grilling; I'm a stickler for details and I want to make sure I get it at least mostly right.
@cymas to give you some more ideas, the whole clan is worried by the thought of moving, because the reedcliff ascent is home of many harpies clans. In hope to work towards a nonviolent situation the clan leaders have sent Lazuli to negotiate, and maybe the talonoks have sent their own ambassador too to help us, since we are in good terms :3

What will happen there is up to you! ^-^
@cymas to give you some more ideas, the whole clan is worried by the thought of moving, because the reedcliff ascent is home of many harpies clans. In hope to work towards a nonviolent situation the clan leaders have sent Lazuli to negotiate, and maybe the talonoks have sent their own ambassador too to help us, since we are in good terms :3

What will happen there is up to you! ^-^

KQbvJ.gif

hzemmQf.png
prxVp.gif
prxVp.gif

sxnWP.gifHvmMb.gif

1 2