Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 753 754
When was the policy of admin sending notifications/PMs to people about thread/post moderation changed?

In a previous Q&A thread it was stated that when a thread was locked or deleted, the moderator/admin doing the locking/deleting would send a PM to the user telling them why their thread was moderated. I can't find the post where admin said the same thing about posts being deleted, but I'm still looking for it.

I've had several posts deleted with no notification as to why, and recent events in threads filled with 'was my post deleted?" questions leads me to believe it's still happening that people aren't getting a PM notification.

And honestly, I'm worried that it'll happen again and I'll have yet another post in a Q&A thread deleted without reason given. Hence the posting so many times in a row so that if ONE of the questions contains some sort of objectionable material and is deleted, the rest of my questions won't be deleted and ignored as well.

And feeling the need to be overly cautious and protective of my posts like that in fear of what the admin will do to them is not a great feeling, because without getting a PM notification of why m posts are being deleted, I Have no clue what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.

So when was that policy of notifying people and giving them a reason changed to just ignoring their questions, or even worse, reading their questions but instead of answering, just informing them that they are not allowed to ask for that clarification?

If we have to go to Contact us for the answer as to why a post is deleted, does that mean the same people doing the deleting are answering the email? Or that the person answering the email will automatically know why someone else deleted a post and be able to tell us what some other moderator was thinking at the time they deleted it?
When was the policy of admin sending notifications/PMs to people about thread/post moderation changed?

In a previous Q&A thread it was stated that when a thread was locked or deleted, the moderator/admin doing the locking/deleting would send a PM to the user telling them why their thread was moderated. I can't find the post where admin said the same thing about posts being deleted, but I'm still looking for it.

I've had several posts deleted with no notification as to why, and recent events in threads filled with 'was my post deleted?" questions leads me to believe it's still happening that people aren't getting a PM notification.

And honestly, I'm worried that it'll happen again and I'll have yet another post in a Q&A thread deleted without reason given. Hence the posting so many times in a row so that if ONE of the questions contains some sort of objectionable material and is deleted, the rest of my questions won't be deleted and ignored as well.

And feeling the need to be overly cautious and protective of my posts like that in fear of what the admin will do to them is not a great feeling, because without getting a PM notification of why m posts are being deleted, I Have no clue what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.

So when was that policy of notifying people and giving them a reason changed to just ignoring their questions, or even worse, reading their questions but instead of answering, just informing them that they are not allowed to ask for that clarification?

If we have to go to Contact us for the answer as to why a post is deleted, does that mean the same people doing the deleting are answering the email? Or that the person answering the email will automatically know why someone else deleted a post and be able to tell us what some other moderator was thinking at the time they deleted it?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I dont know if you are still taking questions, but I was wondering if you were thinking of opening Flight Risings registration again any time soon? Or like, at all? I have a friend who wanted to join.

Thank you,
Max.
I dont know if you are still taking questions, but I was wondering if you were thinking of opening Flight Risings registration again any time soon? Or like, at all? I have a friend who wanted to join.

Thank you,
Max.
Stabby 0691.png
Where in the Rules or ToU does it say that thread moderation cannot be discussed on the forums? We've been told this has been an official policy for over a year, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I missing something?

Update to this question after someone suggested a possible answer to me: is it the "no discussing disciplinary actions" rule? Is post deletion (with no accompanying warning PM) considered a disciplinary action?
Where in the Rules or ToU does it say that thread moderation cannot be discussed on the forums? We've been told this has been an official policy for over a year, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I missing something?

Update to this question after someone suggested a possible answer to me: is it the "no discussing disciplinary actions" rule? Is post deletion (with no accompanying warning PM) considered a disciplinary action?
What would happen if two flights won dominance the same week with the EXACT SAME ratio of exalts, levels, and active users? Would both win 1st?

I know that is very VERY unlikely, but still, who'd win?
What would happen if two flights won dominance the same week with the EXACT SAME ratio of exalts, levels, and active users? Would both win 1st?

I know that is very VERY unlikely, but still, who'd win?
66MHIIb.png
During Night of the Nocturne, chest gave us the false bear familiars. Next year will the phony bears be available again or will there be versions of next year's holiday familiars?
During Night of the Nocturne, chest gave us the false bear familiars. Next year will the phony bears be available again or will there be versions of next year's holiday familiars?
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
How does the apparel system work? How do you guys prioritise which apparel errors get fixed first?
How does the apparel system work? How do you guys prioritise which apparel errors get fixed first?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Why have the admins and the moderators not been sending out pms/emails informing people of why their posts were deleted?
Why have the admins and the moderators not been sending out pms/emails informing people of why their posts were deleted?
How much variation is there between dragons of the same species? Also, are skin items real physical changes to a dragon, or just body paint/magical holograms (for example, would a dragon with a skin like the Trickmurk Circus's Dullahan really be headless)?
How much variation is there between dragons of the same species? Also, are skin items real physical changes to a dragon, or just body paint/magical holograms (for example, would a dragon with a skin like the Trickmurk Circus's Dullahan really be headless)?
I know you can't give an ETA for various projects and that, but would it be possible to let us know if they are still planned and if they are give a preview or bigger description/blurb or various projects mentioned in the Launch Plans. We know a fair amount about Baldwin's Brew, but with things like Adventure and DragonMeet it would be nice to know a bit more.
I know you can't give an ETA for various projects and that, but would it be possible to let us know if they are still planned and if they are give a preview or bigger description/blurb or various projects mentioned in the Launch Plans. We know a fair amount about Baldwin's Brew, but with things like Adventure and DragonMeet it would be nice to know a bit more.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Something that just came up in our Light Flight Dominance Roleplay: Do Beastclan and Dragons speak the same language, or different ones? Do they have some sort of Pidgin to communicate if it's the latter?
Something that just came up in our Light Flight Dominance Roleplay: Do Beastclan and Dragons speak the same language, or different ones? Do they have some sort of Pidgin to communicate if it's the latter?
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 753 754