Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 11
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 88
I had quit the game for a long time...nearly a year due to harassment from other players, inside and outside the game. Back then the DEVs did nothing to stop this action. I only recently came back to the game a day or so before Christmas to see if the mood here has changed.

I feel it has gotten better, but there is still work to be done. I agree that folks will not get along 100% of the time, but there is a line that can be crossed. When that happens its no longer a disagreement its "Bullying". When that happens its time to take action. Hopefully going forward action will take place, unlike in my case.

*redacted*

Edited by @JCStitches to remove sensitive personal information, in accordance with Site Terms of Use.
I had quit the game for a long time...nearly a year due to harassment from other players, inside and outside the game. Back then the DEVs did nothing to stop this action. I only recently came back to the game a day or so before Christmas to see if the mood here has changed.

I feel it has gotten better, but there is still work to be done. I agree that folks will not get along 100% of the time, but there is a line that can be crossed. When that happens its no longer a disagreement its "Bullying". When that happens its time to take action. Hopefully going forward action will take place, unlike in my case.

*redacted*

Edited by @JCStitches to remove sensitive personal information, in accordance with Site Terms of Use.
Thank you so much for this, honestly. It makes me really happy to see you guys so thoroughly addressing many of the major community concerns, even though it took a while--the fact that matters is you guys are listening to us, and that really makes me happy. C: Seriously, I really look forward to seeing what changes come in 2015. Thank you, staff, for working to make change!
Thank you so much for this, honestly. It makes me really happy to see you guys so thoroughly addressing many of the major community concerns, even though it took a while--the fact that matters is you guys are listening to us, and that really makes me happy. C: Seriously, I really look forward to seeing what changes come in 2015. Thank you, staff, for working to make change!
I personally think that Piebald would work best as a tert gene, but that's just me. It could also look nice as a secondary, but I have a hard time really picturing it working effectively as a primary gene.
I personally think that Piebald would work best as a tert gene, but that's just me. It could also look nice as a secondary, but I have a hard time really picturing it working effectively as a primary gene.
pair_cards_copy_by_vet_in_training-d88z130.pngvet_s_place_copy_by_vet_in_training-d85iy7k.pngtrust_tny_copy_by_vet_in_training-d9yykll.pngwhat_do_you_like_about_your_vet_copy_by_vet_in_training-d8jnhoc.pngvet_s_stud_club_copy_by_vet_in_training-d88z10p.png
Choosing which one for the Piebald I like best is tough omo.
Choosing which one for the Piebald I like best is tough omo.
Possibly sharp question, but if the entire team thought secure item trading should have been a thing when the site was started... how come it isn't yet? The site's been active for 1.5 years now, you've had time. I know one of the main programmers had medical issues, but that was a year ago. That's still half a year that it could have been done before that.

The fact that it wasn't a feature when the site was opened is absolutely asinine, especially when an entire forum dedicated to item trading/sales isn't supported and monitored for shadiness. It should have been a priority a looooong time ago, not just now. That sort of thing is basic site stuff. This is like, Crossroads level stuff.

But I'm glad that there is an attempt to improve communication. That has been something that I feel has been lacking lately.

Also Piebald looks awesome.
Possibly sharp question, but if the entire team thought secure item trading should have been a thing when the site was started... how come it isn't yet? The site's been active for 1.5 years now, you've had time. I know one of the main programmers had medical issues, but that was a year ago. That's still half a year that it could have been done before that.

The fact that it wasn't a feature when the site was opened is absolutely asinine, especially when an entire forum dedicated to item trading/sales isn't supported and monitored for shadiness. It should have been a priority a looooong time ago, not just now. That sort of thing is basic site stuff. This is like, Crossroads level stuff.

But I'm glad that there is an attempt to improve communication. That has been something that I feel has been lacking lately.

Also Piebald looks awesome.
So wait, when you say "customer support applicants", what do you mean? Someone to interface with and help the community (kind of like more specialized volunteer moderators) or someone with the technical ability to look into and help fix bugs that users are finding?
So wait, when you say "customer support applicants", what do you mean? Someone to interface with and help the community (kind of like more specialized volunteer moderators) or someone with the technical ability to look into and help fix bugs that users are finding?
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
Glad to see some of these bugs being tackled and the upcoming change to the Coloseum, although, the bug that seems to bother me the most, is the "Eliminate" not regenerating past 85 Breath.

But.... I got a feeling that I am alone on this, but I don't like Piebald.
I wanted a gene to compete with Crystal/Facet/Spines/Circuit (Who happen to be my favorites).

Even Okapi seems to have been a let down, I wish it blended properly with "Primaries", specially Crystal, the transition is too abrupt, specially around the tail.

Anyway.... before you flame me, remember it is just my opinion, and if you like it, good, more power to you, as a matter of fact, I wish I did too, so I could broaden my Lair/Hatchery and seem to be minority on this, but I wanted to voice my opinion, and see if anyone else out there thought so too.
Glad to see some of these bugs being tackled and the upcoming change to the Coloseum, although, the bug that seems to bother me the most, is the "Eliminate" not regenerating past 85 Breath.

But.... I got a feeling that I am alone on this, but I don't like Piebald.
I wanted a gene to compete with Crystal/Facet/Spines/Circuit (Who happen to be my favorites).

Even Okapi seems to have been a let down, I wish it blended properly with "Primaries", specially Crystal, the transition is too abrupt, specially around the tail.

Anyway.... before you flame me, remember it is just my opinion, and if you like it, good, more power to you, as a matter of fact, I wish I did too, so I could broaden my Lair/Hatchery and seem to be minority on this, but I wanted to voice my opinion, and see if anyone else out there thought so too.
Crystal + Facet Hatchery
chvzzN7.png
PIEBALD??

PIEBALD!!

omg that looks soo soooooo cute omg!! I want it!! I love piebald!!
PIEBALD??

PIEBALD!!

omg that looks soo soooooo cute omg!! I want it!! I love piebald!!
vQnKJm4.pngMV1Iakt.pngUqPYgvq.jpgeGiN2Xv.png?64N9V=party.png?6stY7=party.png
I kinda want to vote for all the piebald, I like all versions of it.
I kinda want to vote for all the piebald, I like all versions of it.
Vm28v.gif 96VHn.gif z3ToJ.gif s24DZ.gif x4PMu.gif dToMV.gif
Perhaps for MVP, simply highlight an outstanding user or two every quarter in the newsletter. That's it. Nothing more than saying "Look at this person and what they've done for the site and community. Thank you, user!" Because yes, any more than that and it's going to become a popularity contest or raise questions of favoritism. The qualifications are rather broad and vague and also risk eliminating the quieter, lesser seen users who still make some significant contributions.

On piebald: As a tert, it almost might as well be crackle. I think a good point was brought up in making sure it doesn't cover up so much of the primary or secondary that it might as well be a double basic. Though I think being a tertiary gene allows for the best flexibility in terms of contrast or complimentary possibilities.

I'm torn on the faded vs white issue, though. In some ways I like either one better than the other but not strongly enough to be able to pick. I think I might lean towards faded simply because I like color and the white patches just feel so big and empty. Like the dragon is unfinished in some ways. But that's a personal preference.
Perhaps for MVP, simply highlight an outstanding user or two every quarter in the newsletter. That's it. Nothing more than saying "Look at this person and what they've done for the site and community. Thank you, user!" Because yes, any more than that and it's going to become a popularity contest or raise questions of favoritism. The qualifications are rather broad and vague and also risk eliminating the quieter, lesser seen users who still make some significant contributions.

On piebald: As a tert, it almost might as well be crackle. I think a good point was brought up in making sure it doesn't cover up so much of the primary or secondary that it might as well be a double basic. Though I think being a tertiary gene allows for the best flexibility in terms of contrast or complimentary possibilities.

I'm torn on the faded vs white issue, though. In some ways I like either one better than the other but not strongly enough to be able to pick. I think I might lean towards faded simply because I like color and the white patches just feel so big and empty. Like the dragon is unfinished in some ways. But that's a personal preference.
~Duckie ( " )>
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 88