Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's Your Clan's Name? [INACTIVE]
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 167 168
@Cynictis

My clan is named Emerybane, we're a lightning clan that lives in the Highland Scrub (i don't care what the clan profile page says I like the highland scrub shush). I just made up a name that sounded neat tbh.

I haven't given too much thought to my clan story yet, but what I do know so far is just a tidbit on how Emerybane came to be. Still not sure why, but for whatever reason my tundra progen discovers the fae progen badly wounded. He picks her up and tucks her in his neck ruff to try and find help - problem is he's already seriously lost.
Some undetermined amount of time later a lair is formed and they pick up a giant guardian named Miita.

That's really all I know so far! Thanks for making this list, it's a super neat idea! C:
@Cynictis

My clan is named Emerybane, we're a lightning clan that lives in the Highland Scrub (i don't care what the clan profile page says I like the highland scrub shush). I just made up a name that sounded neat tbh.

I haven't given too much thought to my clan story yet, but what I do know so far is just a tidbit on how Emerybane came to be. Still not sure why, but for whatever reason my tundra progen discovers the fae progen badly wounded. He picks her up and tucks her in his neck ruff to try and find help - problem is he's already seriously lost.
Some undetermined amount of time later a lair is formed and they pick up a giant guardian named Miita.

That's really all I know so far! Thanks for making this list, it's a super neat idea! C:
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

@Cynictis

The Stormwings clan dwells in the mountain peaks, harnessing the high-altitude gales and fighting back the enemies of the Wind flight.
@Cynictis

The Stormwings clan dwells in the mountain peaks, harnessing the high-altitude gales and fighting back the enemies of the Wind flight.
windh4.png
@Cynictis

We are Parasites Lost, of the Wandering Contagion!
@Cynictis

We are Parasites Lost, of the Wandering Contagion!
fZVmdhk.png
@Cynictis
Nocte morbus lives a few miles inward of the Wandering Contagion (Plague clan), allowing their scouts to visit the Abiding Boneyard for those other Plague clans they can snipe food and materials off of, and allowing gatherers to visit the plentiful water source of the Sea of a Thousand Currents and snatch a few things from the Windswept Plateau as they see fit. They allow other Clans to enter their territory to search for food during certain times of the day, as the Clan matriarch, Rauru, sees to.

Rauru leads the Clan on hunts and is the fear-instilling image of the Clan. Even dragons more than twice her size know to back down when this fiesty mirror snaps. Those that question or fight back often wind up with horrendous scars and a broken ego. Kyrith is the spiritual leader of the Clan and is in charge of the celebration of elemental holidays and keeping the devotion to the Plaguemother and other dieties alive and well. His sole purpose is to teach the Clan about the ways of the world from his travels and to provide insight into the varying beliefs and cultures of each of the flights within the Clan itself.

The Clan has an initiation ritual that involves infecting a new member with a parasite. This parasite, during the first few weeks of infection, causes primarily sleep walking as it spreads through the host, giving the clan their name: Nocte morbus (night disease). Once the parasite has settled, the dragons are able to breed with the Clan, as the parasite within the potential partner prevents eggs from being laid without a compatible partner. Dragons born into the Clan already have the parasite and usually suffer less from the sleep walking disease than those who need to be introduced.
@Cynictis
Nocte morbus lives a few miles inward of the Wandering Contagion (Plague clan), allowing their scouts to visit the Abiding Boneyard for those other Plague clans they can snipe food and materials off of, and allowing gatherers to visit the plentiful water source of the Sea of a Thousand Currents and snatch a few things from the Windswept Plateau as they see fit. They allow other Clans to enter their territory to search for food during certain times of the day, as the Clan matriarch, Rauru, sees to.

Rauru leads the Clan on hunts and is the fear-instilling image of the Clan. Even dragons more than twice her size know to back down when this fiesty mirror snaps. Those that question or fight back often wind up with horrendous scars and a broken ego. Kyrith is the spiritual leader of the Clan and is in charge of the celebration of elemental holidays and keeping the devotion to the Plaguemother and other dieties alive and well. His sole purpose is to teach the Clan about the ways of the world from his travels and to provide insight into the varying beliefs and cultures of each of the flights within the Clan itself.

The Clan has an initiation ritual that involves infecting a new member with a parasite. This parasite, during the first few weeks of infection, causes primarily sleep walking as it spreads through the host, giving the clan their name: Nocte morbus (night disease). Once the parasite has settled, the dragons are able to breed with the Clan, as the parasite within the potential partner prevents eggs from being laid without a compatible partner. Dragons born into the Clan already have the parasite and usually suffer less from the sleep walking disease than those who need to be introduced.
tumblr_otvruiluv11seone4o2_250.pngtumblr_otvruiluv11seone4o3_250.pngtumblr_otvruiluv11seone4o4_250.png
We are usually just called Winterlings, when addressed as a whole. Which is pretty rarely, come to think of it. The dragons in the clan are pretty independent, though they answer (usually) to an older/lieutenant type dragon, who reports back to Nighte. Nighte is now in sole command after a falling out with her mate Mercor, and relies heavily on her lieutenants, often of her own lineage, to keep the peace. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=987] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10/987_350.png[/img] [/url]
We are usually just called Winterlings, when addressed as a whole. Which is pretty rarely, come to think of it. The dragons in the clan are pretty independent, though they answer (usually) to an older/lieutenant type dragon, who reports back to Nighte. Nighte is now in sole command after a falling out with her mate Mercor, and relies heavily on her lieutenants, often of her own lineage, to keep the peace.

987_350.png
tXKbExw.png
@Cynictis My clan is Clan November, and it's situated right on the brink of the Wyrmwound. It was founded by the venerable matriarch Otachi and quickly grew to well over a hundred dragons of all species and flights. Given its proximity to the 'Wound, its members are, unsurprisingly, devoted to the science and art of infection, though the flight is also home to some artists, dreamers, and other clan outcasts--including, for some reason, a group of Coatls obsessed with dueling for a Coatl they call "The Rose Bride," and a few dragons who call themselves "Masters and Doctors of Time" (Yes, I have Revolutionary Girl Utena an Doctor Who coatls, fae, and imps!) Otachi and her second-in-command, Wrack, keep a fairly tight rein on the lair, and while its members will defend themselves if attacked, they are otherwise a fairly secretive clan that mostly keep to themselves. They will, however, ally with other clans to share scientific knowledge. Interested parties should contact Head Infectionist and Grand High Meddler Karloff's assistant, Viron. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5373714] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/53738/5373714_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Cynictis

My clan is Clan November, and it's situated right on the brink of the Wyrmwound. It was founded by the venerable matriarch Otachi and quickly grew to well over a hundred dragons of all species and flights. Given its proximity to the 'Wound, its members are, unsurprisingly, devoted to the science and art of infection, though the flight is also home to some artists, dreamers, and other clan outcasts--including, for some reason, a group of Coatls obsessed with dueling for a Coatl they call "The Rose Bride," and a few dragons who call themselves "Masters and Doctors of Time" (Yes, I have Revolutionary Girl Utena an Doctor Who coatls, fae, and imps!)

Otachi and her second-in-command, Wrack, keep a fairly tight rein on the lair, and while its members will defend themselves if attacked, they are otherwise a fairly secretive clan that mostly keep to themselves. They will, however, ally with other clans to share scientific knowledge. Interested parties should contact Head Infectionist and Grand High Meddler Karloff's assistant, Viron.

5373714_350.png
@Cynictis
My dragons belong to the Dark Moon clan of the Starfall Isles, and all of them are named after a moon or a moon deity. Their leaders are Umbriel and Ariel.
@Cynictis
My dragons belong to the Dark Moon clan of the Starfall Isles, and all of them are named after a moon or a moon deity. Their leaders are Umbriel and Ariel.
All hail the Arcanist, for life would be hollow without magic.
TjcrwIq.png
@Cynictis
We are Clan Congeal, an Ice Clan just on the edge of the Snowsquall Tundra. We are a strange group, but we thrive in the frigid wastelands of the Southern Icefield. Our founder and leader is Bucky. Our loyal prophet is Luna. Our scribe is Bling. Our head warrior is Doppler, and our head caster is Crash.
@Cynictis
We are Clan Congeal, an Ice Clan just on the edge of the Snowsquall Tundra. We are a strange group, but we thrive in the frigid wastelands of the Southern Icefield. Our founder and leader is Bucky. Our loyal prophet is Luna. Our scribe is Bling. Our head warrior is Doppler, and our head caster is Crash.
733EAYl.png
@Cynictis
My clan is called the Salt Clan
I decided to name it this, because of a loves early member of my lair, who I included in the backstory as a very dear and early member who joined and helped develop the clan a lot, named Salt. To express their gratitude and love for the snapper, Salt, my starter dragons named their clan this.
@Cynictis
My clan is called the Salt Clan
I decided to name it this, because of a loves early member of my lair, who I included in the backstory as a very dear and early member who joined and helped develop the clan a lot, named Salt. To express their gratitude and love for the snapper, Salt, my starter dragons named their clan this.
37039_s.gif tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@Cynictis
The Silt Wyrms live in the outer reaches of the Frigid Floes, where the icebergs and glacial runoff meet the sea. Considering themselves aligned in the service of both the Icewarden and the Tidelord, the Clan creates their lairs by tunneling through icebergs into a network of caves of varying size.

While no official leader has been ordained since the death of the last Auai (chief), most within the flight recognize the guardian, Rapture, as the Auai's replacement. However, a power struggle is brewing between her and her former mate, Asuza, whose extreme dedication to the Icewarden is believed to warrant him the role.

Younger and newer members of the Silt Wyrms, as means of initiation, do what they can to bring their respective elements into the ice--wind dragons have tunneled their lairs in such a way that the caves "sing" when met by even the slightest breeze; plague dragons have hung ancestors' bones as chimes to act in a similar manner; and so on. These elemental presences are brought forth by request of the clan "prophet" Naszmo, who preaches unity for all dragons under the influence of ice (although many disregard his clairvoyant teachings as the ramblings of a mad dragon).
@Cynictis
The Silt Wyrms live in the outer reaches of the Frigid Floes, where the icebergs and glacial runoff meet the sea. Considering themselves aligned in the service of both the Icewarden and the Tidelord, the Clan creates their lairs by tunneling through icebergs into a network of caves of varying size.

While no official leader has been ordained since the death of the last Auai (chief), most within the flight recognize the guardian, Rapture, as the Auai's replacement. However, a power struggle is brewing between her and her former mate, Asuza, whose extreme dedication to the Icewarden is believed to warrant him the role.

Younger and newer members of the Silt Wyrms, as means of initiation, do what they can to bring their respective elements into the ice--wind dragons have tunneled their lairs in such a way that the caves "sing" when met by even the slightest breeze; plague dragons have hung ancestors' bones as chimes to act in a similar manner; and so on. These elemental presences are brought forth by request of the clan "prophet" Naszmo, who preaches unity for all dragons under the influence of ice (although many disregard his clairvoyant teachings as the ramblings of a mad dragon).
tumblr_nc6gkdGLZV1sp5grco1_500.gif
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 167 168