Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Can't apply gene/breed scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@stigma

If it's anything like me, yeah. Vanilla's preview is showing her with the Daub I tried to give her, if you click on her, she's still Bar/Basic/Basic, and the Daub is still in my hoard.
@stigma

If it's anything like me, yeah. Vanilla's preview is showing her with the Daub I tried to give her, if you click on her, she's still Bar/Basic/Basic, and the Daub is still in my hoard.
hi
Logging in/out did not affect it. Logged out/back in on both www. and www1 sites and tried different orders just in case that was it. Tried naming the dragon. Running chrome -- cleared cache. Tried on IE, firefox alternates on laptop. Tried native android browser and regular firefox mobile browsers on phone.

I can select the dragon to apply the scroll, and get all the way to the confirmation "Are you sure you want to..." or however the dialogue works. Can hit "No" and return to the gene preview. Clicking "Yes" yields nothing (but it does show the action of clicking it and doesn't appear grayed out).

Also cannot regen images.
Logging in/out did not affect it. Logged out/back in on both www. and www1 sites and tried different orders just in case that was it. Tried naming the dragon. Running chrome -- cleared cache. Tried on IE, firefox alternates on laptop. Tried native android browser and regular firefox mobile browsers on phone.

I can select the dragon to apply the scroll, and get all the way to the confirmation "Are you sure you want to..." or however the dialogue works. Can hit "No" and return to the gene preview. Clicking "Yes" yields nothing (but it does show the action of clicking it and doesn't appear grayed out).

Also cannot regen images.
@dizmo

my friend @Xazz has a preview with Bar, but it doesn't show on the dragon's page, and they, too, have the scroll in their hoard.

It's strange that some people (apparently just with bar/daub) are able to show the preview with the scroll in the lair thumbnail, and still retain the scroll in their hoard, whereas I can't get a dragon to show something in the lair thumbnail.

Edit 13:16 I've achieved a 'dragon looks like it has the gene but really doesn't' with Smoke on a third dragon.

Unnamed (at the bottom) was Iri/Shim/Crackle. Her thumbnail, as shown, shows Smoke. However, her page is still Iri/Shim/Crackle. I still have the smoke genes in my hoard.
@dizmo

my friend @Xazz has a preview with Bar, but it doesn't show on the dragon's page, and they, too, have the scroll in their hoard.

It's strange that some people (apparently just with bar/daub) are able to show the preview with the scroll in the lair thumbnail, and still retain the scroll in their hoard, whereas I can't get a dragon to show something in the lair thumbnail.

Edit 13:16 I've achieved a 'dragon looks like it has the gene but really doesn't' with Smoke on a third dragon.

Unnamed (at the bottom) was Iri/Shim/Crackle. Her thumbnail, as shown, shows Smoke. However, her page is still Iri/Shim/Crackle. I still have the smoke genes in my hoard.
tumblr_mzqgzklaBt1sk7pgko1_250.png
Same exact issue as above for me, but with a Smoke gene.
Same exact issue as above for me, but with a Smoke gene.
@stigma, indeed, the scroll is still in my hoard.
@stigma, indeed, the scroll is still in my hoard.
296kyt5.jpg
@Autumnyte
That's so weird. I have no idea why that happens, but it seems to only happen with Bar, Daub and Smoke.

It does not happen with Current, Clown, or Underbelly.

Looks like 'newer' genes will show on the lair thumbnail, but 'older' genes won't show anywhere at all, but all of them will remain in your hoard?

I really hope I didn't accidentally Wildclaw a dragon by accident in testing this.....
@Autumnyte
That's so weird. I have no idea why that happens, but it seems to only happen with Bar, Daub and Smoke.

It does not happen with Current, Clown, or Underbelly.

Looks like 'newer' genes will show on the lair thumbnail, but 'older' genes won't show anywhere at all, but all of them will remain in your hoard?

I really hope I didn't accidentally Wildclaw a dragon by accident in testing this.....
Scrolls not applying, small lair icon seemingly changed but dragons genes not actually changed. Not working with remove gene scrolls either.

Extremely disappointed with how much I've paid for these scrolls that don't even work.

In another thread people have said that this thread seems to coincide with the issues people are having with adding and removing apparel.
Scrolls not applying, small lair icon seemingly changed but dragons genes not actually changed. Not working with remove gene scrolls either.

Extremely disappointed with how much I've paid for these scrolls that don't even work.

In another thread people have said that this thread seems to coincide with the issues people are having with adding and removing apparel.
I'm going to test a permababy scroll (Scroll of Eternal Youth) on this unnamed dragon of mine. Will edit this post with the outcome.

Purchased the scroll, no problem. At 13:26, I'm scrolling through the field to apply it and found that the unnamed WC that I tried to apply Smoke to earlier is showing the thumbnail of smoke, even though her page still says she has Crackle. IMAGE

Weird. A quick check in my lair (13:29) shows lair thumbnail still with Smoke, but page still shows and says Crackle.

Just applied the Scroll of Eternal Youth at 13:30. Had absolutely NO hang up clicking through the menu and now, the dragon has and shows baby status. No lag, no loading, no weird mixups.

It seems to be only affecting breed change, scatter and gene scrolls.
I'm going to test a permababy scroll (Scroll of Eternal Youth) on this unnamed dragon of mine. Will edit this post with the outcome.

Purchased the scroll, no problem. At 13:26, I'm scrolling through the field to apply it and found that the unnamed WC that I tried to apply Smoke to earlier is showing the thumbnail of smoke, even though her page still says she has Crackle. IMAGE

Weird. A quick check in my lair (13:29) shows lair thumbnail still with Smoke, but page still shows and says Crackle.

Just applied the Scroll of Eternal Youth at 13:30. Had absolutely NO hang up clicking through the menu and now, the dragon has and shows baby status. No lag, no loading, no weird mixups.

It seems to be only affecting breed change, scatter and gene scrolls.
@stigma I'm also hoping there was no accidental gening on my end. Before I found this thread, I attempted to apply the bar gene to a different dragon in my lair (Romero), just to see if I could get him as far as the confirm/apply stage or if it was somehow a bug with Kinzie alone. The scroll is still in my lair and I didn't get him past the confirm screen either, but now his lair thumbnail is showing bar too. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2584684] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25847/2584684_350.png[/img] [/url]
@stigma

I'm also hoping there was no accidental gening on my end. Before I found this thread, I attempted to apply the bar gene to a different dragon in my lair (Romero), just to see if I could get him as far as the confirm/apply stage or if it was somehow a bug with Kinzie alone. The scroll is still in my lair and I didn't get him past the confirm screen either, but now his lair thumbnail is showing bar too.

2584684_350.png
296kyt5.jpg
Having this issue with bar; it's showing the small lair icon changed as others are reporting too. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6206239] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62063/6206239_350.png[/img] [/url]
Having this issue with bar; it's showing the small lair icon changed as others are reporting too.

6206239_350.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7