Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auto-remove banned user AH listings
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
I've seen this sort of thread pop up before, and I'll reiterate what I said before since like... I figure it could still be good to have for discussion purposes, though hopefully the thread goes in a different way so it's still useful and all that.

Since you can't interact with sales from users you've blocked/have blocked you, I think the Auction House should treat banned players as if they've been blocked by everyone. Then the listings can stay up on the back end, they're just invisible.

This might not be possible to do at the moment, but like, tiered blocking has been requested so often that I'd be truly surprised if it wasn't at least on the radar as a wanted feature? So they'd kinda go together, as it were.
I've seen this sort of thread pop up before, and I'll reiterate what I said before since like... I figure it could still be good to have for discussion purposes, though hopefully the thread goes in a different way so it's still useful and all that.

Since you can't interact with sales from users you've blocked/have blocked you, I think the Auction House should treat banned players as if they've been blocked by everyone. Then the listings can stay up on the back end, they're just invisible.

This might not be possible to do at the moment, but like, tiered blocking has been requested so often that I'd be truly surprised if it wasn't at least on the radar as a wanted feature? So they'd kinda go together, as it were.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

it's frustrating clicking an item / dragon and not being able to buy it and then having it sit there clogging up results

i get why those things need to be unpurchaseable, but if someone is being banned from the site there's no conflict created by default cancelling their listings -- the only thing that happens is that the user in question has to relist after they come back if it's a temp ban.

this is super low stakes outside of dom battles ig but it's still an inconvenience for 1 person (and not even that if it's a permaban) vs an inconvenience for every other person searching or listing their own stuff in that category on the AH until the banned acc's listing expires, which can last a whole week
yeah agree

it's frustrating clicking an item / dragon and not being able to buy it and then having it sit there clogging up results

i get why those things need to be unpurchaseable, but if someone is being banned from the site there's no conflict created by default cancelling their listings -- the only thing that happens is that the user in question has to relist after they come back if it's a temp ban.

this is super low stakes outside of dom battles ig but it's still an inconvenience for 1 person (and not even that if it's a permaban) vs an inconvenience for every other person searching or listing their own stuff in that category on the AH until the banned acc's listing expires, which can last a whole week
Just FYI, Aequorin already posted an explanation for why the system currently works like it does:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3209799/1#post_53403972

The system currently works this way for the protection of both the userbase and, in some cases, the owner of the account, particularly in cases where the Devs may be unable to intercede right away (for example on weekends or after-hours during the week).
Just FYI, Aequorin already posted an explanation for why the system currently works like it does:

The system currently works this way for the protection of both the userbase and, in some cases, the owner of the account, particularly in cases where the Devs may be unable to intercede right away (for example on weekends or after-hours during the week).
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[quote name="Twizz" date="2024-10-21 18:56:41" ] Just FYI, Aequorin already posted an explanation for why the system currently works like it does: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3209799/1#post_53403972 The system currently works this way for the protection of both the userbase and, in some cases, the owner of the account, particularly in cases where the Devs may be unable to intercede right away (for example on weekends or after-hours during the week). [/quote] That was, to me, a non-sensical reply to the question. No one that I saw on that thread (or any of the other threads at the time) and no one on this thread is asking [i]why they can't buy the item/dragon[/i]. That seems, to me, self-explanatory and yet that is what Aequorin seems to be talking about. Of course we don't want people buying items from banned accounts. What they are actually asking is why they can [i]still see[/i] the item/dragon. In the original post of that linked thread, the entire topic is how to [i]not see[/i] the listings. Because the "reason" quoted by Aequorin says that removing the items from the AH, for example, would be just as effective as the way things stand now. After all, removing an item from the AH would have the same effect - no one can buy it. It has the vibes of, say, popping in with trivia about how many calories are in a candy bar when someone is venting about a Snickers bar not being on their diet. Anyways, support.
Twizz wrote on 2024-10-21 18:56:41:

That was, to me, a non-sensical reply to the question. No one that I saw on that thread (or any of the other threads at the time) and no one on this thread is asking why they can't buy the item/dragon. That seems, to me, self-explanatory and yet that is what Aequorin seems to be talking about. Of course we don't want people buying items from banned accounts.

What they are actually asking is why they can still see the item/dragon. In the original post of that linked thread, the entire topic is how to not see the listings. Because the "reason" quoted by Aequorin says that removing the items from the AH, for example, would be just as effective as the way things stand now. After all, removing an item from the AH would have the same effect - no one can buy it. It has the vibes of, say, popping in with trivia about how many calories are in a candy bar when someone is venting about a Snickers bar not being on their diet.

Anyways, support.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-10-19 11:35:21" ] Big support. This honestly feels more like an oversight than anything, and definitely one that could use being brought to attention since it seems to cause users a lot of grief during times like dominance. [/quote] oh yes, during Ice v Wind this year, i remember finding a dragon for 15kt (the cheapest one on the AH) and couldn't purchase it. however, when I clicked on their username I was still able to view their lair and clan info, which iirc, banned users = nobody can view their info/lair
Recallback wrote on 2024-10-19 11:35:21:
Big support. This honestly feels more like an oversight than anything, and definitely one that could use being brought to attention since it seems to cause users a lot of grief during times like dominance.

oh yes, during Ice v Wind this year, i remember finding a dragon for 15kt (the cheapest one on the AH)

and couldn't purchase it. however, when I clicked on their username I was still able to view their lair and clan info, which iirc, banned users = nobody can view their info/lair
ZGyIiJq.png ZaWqaad.gifBtqrfPP.png
RavenzzCall.png
[quote name="RavenzzCall" date="2024-10-22 18:44:28" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2024-10-19 11:35:21" ] Big support. This honestly feels more like an oversight than anything, and definitely one that could use being brought to attention since it seems to cause users a lot of grief during times like dominance. [/quote] oh yes, during Ice v Wind this year, i remember finding a dragon for 15kt (the cheapest one on the AH) and couldn't purchase it. however, when I clicked on their username I was still able to view their lair and clan info, which iirc, banned users = nobody can view their info/lair [/quote] You can still see their lair and clan page. Only if you've been blocked by a user can you not see their lair and clan page.
RavenzzCall wrote on 2024-10-22 18:44:28:
Recallback wrote on 2024-10-19 11:35:21:
Big support. This honestly feels more like an oversight than anything, and definitely one that could use being brought to attention since it seems to cause users a lot of grief during times like dominance.
oh yes, during Ice v Wind this year, i remember finding a dragon for 15kt (the cheapest one on the AH)

and couldn't purchase it. however, when I clicked on their username I was still able to view their lair and clan info, which iirc, banned users = nobody can view their info/lair
You can still see their lair and clan page. Only if you've been blocked by a user can you not see their lair and clan page.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I really don't like how this draws attention to banned users. It fuels speculation etc on top of being really annoying.
I really don't like how this draws attention to banned users. It fuels speculation etc on top of being really annoying.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!

HW4lpxl.png
Yeah, support. Just make it so the listing is "invisible" to users if it must stay up.
Yeah, support. Just make it so the listing is "invisible" to users if it must stay up.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Support.
Support.
She/Her

iOL9HgY.png

Stock The Pond Post

For Sale
Support for this.

It really does bring a lot of attention and speculation onto banned accounts, doesn't it? I know I never perused a banned account solely due to curiosity before encountering one such AH listing.

Hiding everything would be best, I think, but removing the listings of banned accounts would at least keep those accounts from ending up in the metaphorical spotlight. The whole idea of the AH treating banned accounts as if they've been blocked by everyone sounds pretty spot on for what should be happening.

And I would assume that if you get banned, even temporarily, that re-listing things on the AH won't be the biggest hurdle you've hit lately anyway.
Support for this.

It really does bring a lot of attention and speculation onto banned accounts, doesn't it? I know I never perused a banned account solely due to curiosity before encountering one such AH listing.

Hiding everything would be best, I think, but removing the listings of banned accounts would at least keep those accounts from ending up in the metaphorical spotlight. The whole idea of the AH treating banned accounts as if they've been blocked by everyone sounds pretty spot on for what should be happening.

And I would assume that if you get banned, even temporarily, that re-listing things on the AH won't be the biggest hurdle you've hit lately anyway.
___________________ 70571229.png adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page