Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | silly things you used to believe
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
I didn't realize two-ways crossroads were a thing,,, I thought I was supposed to send my contributions first then wait for other users to send theirs with another one-way cr later or viceversa :']
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
I didn't realize two-ways crossroads were a thing,,, I thought I was supposed to send my contributions first then wait for other users to send theirs with another one-way cr later or viceversa :']
UDy41Fx.png
Thought you could only hatch dragons with Common eye type. Like, I thought this for so long that I only just registered it fully probably last year. I definitely hatched dragons with rare eyes before... I just didn't notice... Seconding the 'thinking genes were super expensive and I'd never have enough to buy them.' I only really started buying genes and geneing dragons recently for some reason XD the feeling just stuck with me haha. I guess I'm used to not getting other games, and not only do some of them have ridiculous, premium-currency only prices for items like that but I also just didn't really understand and 'get into' other games the way I did Flight Rising. I [i]might[/i] have also thought I could only buy my Flight's dragons, but I can't remember if that was originally an intentional choice or if it was that. But I'm sure it crossed my mind [emoji=tundra laughing size=1]
Thought you could only hatch dragons with Common eye type. Like, I thought this for so long that I only just registered it fully probably last year. I definitely hatched dragons with rare eyes before... I just didn't notice...

Seconding the 'thinking genes were super expensive and I'd never have enough to buy them.' I only really started buying genes and geneing dragons recently for some reason XD the feeling just stuck with me haha.

I guess I'm used to not getting other games, and not only do some of them have ridiculous, premium-currency only prices for items like that but I also just didn't really understand and 'get into' other games the way I did Flight Rising.

I might have also thought I could only buy my Flight's dragons, but I can't remember if that was originally an intentional choice or if it was that. But I'm sure it crossed my mind
fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: display/lacquer/topcoat
fav FR breed: coatl
w8o0xW1.png ping me please
they/them
Once, back before I actually started playing and would just visit dragons that would appear on the front page, I saw a male snapper with the female pose...I didn't notice the icon, but even after I did i was convinced that it was a glitch.

...Cue two years later, when I actually create an account/start scrying dragons, I saw the silhouette scroll item...and everything made sense :D
Once, back before I actually started playing and would just visit dragons that would appear on the front page, I saw a male snapper with the female pose...I didn't notice the icon, but even after I did i was convinced that it was a glitch.

...Cue two years later, when I actually create an account/start scrying dragons, I saw the silhouette scroll item...and everything made sense :D
0T9buOf.png
sWGIYD3.png
wTVVdiJ.png
nRUr50B.png
hSzgn50.png
wLurwzJ.png
bCuiqGR.png
JDlFtpY.png
TfeviN2.png
bqI0ApO.png
joJXsVi.png
6meUms1.png
1zZlm83.png
J7D1quC.png
Plague-Only Lair!
[quote name="ShadowWas" date="2024-07-23 12:00:12" ] Thought that rare items gave better goop at Baldwin… [/quote] Saaaaame
ShadowWas wrote on 2024-07-23 12:00:12:
Thought that rare items gave better goop at Baldwin…

Saaaaame
DdvClvz.png ____________Selling UMAs and stuff _____________DdvClvz.png
Seconding the "rare items give better Baldwin items" misconception. ^^'

Also, waaaaaay back in 2014 when I started (before Baldwin existed), I thought there was already a crafting mechanic in the game and that's what the Materials category was for and why it was separate from the Trinkets items in the Other category.

Also, I think at some point, I believed that genes could pop up as random mutations in rare cases whenever you bred dragons, and that buying the scrolls was just a shortcut to getting the ones you wanted.
Seconding the "rare items give better Baldwin items" misconception. ^^'

Also, waaaaaay back in 2014 when I started (before Baldwin existed), I thought there was already a crafting mechanic in the game and that's what the Materials category was for and why it was separate from the Trinkets items in the Other category.

Also, I think at some point, I believed that genes could pop up as random mutations in rare cases whenever you bred dragons, and that buying the scrolls was just a shortcut to getting the ones you wanted.
MUYNhfy.png ll0CfnD.png dEe2UrM.png
Come hire my nests or my fighters: HERE | Babbling Cove Hatchery HERE |
Go Pond-Surfing HERE | Follow Tumbleweed Tales Pinkerlocke HERE
DRr34Qm.png
Seconding for "you can buy only the dragons of your flight"

Also, one more thing for me has turned out recently to be a misconception...

I thought that the custom progen colors affect the random progen colors.

Because my custom is Caribbean-Fire-Green and my random is Azure-Crimson-Brown, and I thought it's quite logical to be, to breed and get children that look a lot like the progens themselves.
Seconding for "you can buy only the dragons of your flight"

Also, one more thing for me has turned out recently to be a misconception...

Because my custom is Caribbean-Fire-Green and my random is Azure-Crimson-Brown, and I thought it's quite logical to be, to breed and get children that look a lot like the progens themselves.
natureshieldl.png 84465750p.png 71e09b42cae1da0e3bce33c48764c15f1b5af3ac.png
fP0089X.png
xCVbB5p.pngrix3ppo.png
I thought Aberrations were caused by mutated dragons.
I thought Aberrations were caused by mutated dragons.
2xvYPbw.png

» Astro

- Skin Shop
- Adopt Shop

» FR +1

- Please always ping me!
Lightehouse_Teardrop_100.png
[quote name="ZuuZolMul" date="2024-07-22 08:29:09" ] & that if you gathered in flights besides your own, there was a chance that your dragons would get chased off, resulting in little to no reward [/quote] Honestly, I think this would be kind of cool! But also really, REALLY annoying for Swipp swaps, sooo maybe not. Who remembers the days when you only got festival currency from gathering in the correct flight? [emoji=guardian winking size=1] I still like to do that, just for the vibe. I used to think you had to use a remove gene scroll before applying a new gene... I try to console myself with the fact that at least I didn't regene too many dragons before I found out! But I didn't actually find out until quite recently, which is a long time. That was a moment. I also used to think it was possible to breed and sell dragons for more than fodder price... [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
ZuuZolMul wrote on 2024-07-22 08:29:09:
& that if you gathered in flights besides your own, there was a chance that your dragons would get chased off, resulting in little to no reward

Honestly, I think this would be kind of cool! But also really, REALLY annoying for Swipp swaps, sooo maybe not. Who remembers the days when you only got festival currency from gathering in the correct flight? I still like to do that, just for the vibe.

I used to think you had to use a remove gene scroll before applying a new gene... I try to console myself with the fact that at least I didn't regene too many dragons before I found out! But I didn't actually find out until quite recently, which is a long time. That was a moment.

I also used to think it was possible to breed and sell dragons for more than fodder price...
~Dreaming Skies Hatchery~ Lots of new hatchies/dragons for sale!
[quote name="SoIm" date="2024-07-24 11:20:10" ] I thought that the custom progen colors affect the random progen colors. Because my custom is Caribbean-Fire-Green and my random is Azure-Crimson-Brown, and I thought it's quite logical to be, to breed and get children that look a lot like the progens themselves. [/quote] i had this exact misconception. mine are platinum/thistle/orange and silver/lavender/banana and so i thought the random was rolled within a certain range of your custom's colors. then i saw some other people's progens and realized i was just lucky
SoIm wrote on 2024-07-24 11:20:10:

i had this exact misconception. mine are platinum/thistle/orange and silver/lavender/banana and so i thought the random was rolled within a certain range of your custom's colors. then i saw some other people's progens and realized i was just lucky
FObX7rS.png
o9yS1eq.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
FlMK7kZ.png
22evmnb.png
99d7e583fd212af4b4c9241de00ca9cb119db708.png f4iXRVq.png
o7ZCFYm.png
1YB0OjO.png
WXBzxw1.gif
JvUa9ma.png
[quote name="Topazal" date="2024-07-22 16:43:28" ] For a good while I thought that whatever breed you picked for your custom progen is also what breed your random progen would be. This is because I lucked out and got two Tundras I'd always be so quietly confused when I saw, for example, fae/guardian progen pairs in other people's lairs; it seemed like a weird use of treasure to me! [/quote] This one, as both of my progens turned out to be Faes.
Topazal wrote on 2024-07-22 16:43:28:
For a good while I thought that whatever breed you picked for your custom progen is also what breed your random progen would be. This is because I lucked out and got two Tundras

I'd always be so quietly confused when I saw, for example, fae/guardian progen pairs in other people's lairs; it seemed like a weird use of treasure to me!
This one, as both of my progens turned out to be Faes.
LuMKHMO.pngG8Qs5W9.pngImE8TtZ.pngoKZOZJE.pngdnRpItE.png