Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [NatDom] C.O.L.O.R.S. (FINISHED)
Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

For senior prom, my mom and my date's mom went with me to pick out flowers for my corsage and his boutonniere. It was the first time I'd gotten to pick out flowers for anything and it was so much fun to look at all the different colors and shapes. It's also pretty cool that my prom date is now my husband (though we didn't actually start dating until 6 or 7 years later).
Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

For senior prom, my mom and my date's mom went with me to pick out flowers for my corsage and his boutonniere. It was the first time I'd gotten to pick out flowers for anything and it was so much fun to look at all the different colors and shapes. It's also pretty cool that my prom date is now my husband (though we didn't actually start dating until 6 or 7 years later).
nPGTVwx.png
Q.O.T.D.

Lilacs! My grandparents had loads of lilacs around their house, by coincidence both houses that I've bought also have loads of lilacs around the house! I used to have dark lilacs so I need to add some more since this house doesn't have the darks. =3
Q.O.T.D.

Lilacs! My grandparents had loads of lilacs around their house, by coincidence both houses that I've bought also have loads of lilacs around the house! I used to have dark lilacs so I need to add some more since this house doesn't have the darks. =3
22ywPUF.png Ao7i1jI.png TSLAPe2.gifUXRaoCb.png6OIh6CV.pngVod89n8.pngMGIo0DJ.gifs7d0V1v.png
7oO4xLB.gif
[quote]Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?[/quote] I love flowers that grow in fields or in the forest. I like going hiking during different months and seeing the signature flowers of the month/season appear each year. Early spring flowers might be my favourite.
Quote:

I love flowers that grow in fields or in the forest. I like going hiking during different months and seeing the signature flowers of the month/season appear each year. Early spring flowers might be my favourite.
tBoBMeA.pngGwsq8Fp.pngvFl2eek.png
[quote]In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?[/quote] Flowers are very important to me. My mom loves them, and all my life has grown and cultivated them. No matter how dead the plant was given to her, her green thumb has been able to bring it back from the brink of death and keep it thriving to the point of typically having to transplant them several times over from pot-to-pot (or ground). I aspire to be that good with plants.
Quote:
In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

Flowers are very important to me. My mom loves them, and all my life has grown and cultivated them. No matter how dead the plant was given to her, her green thumb has been able to bring it back from the brink of death and keep it thriving to the point of typically having to transplant them several times over from pot-to-pot (or ground).
I aspire to be that good with plants.
LEpJMnn.png
TO5f5vS.png
NlmYDAS.png
xIRalON.png
Y5AUp2a.gif lAvpyOQ.png
mlHpBMC.png
oxDm2Un.png
5hF3FGk.png
m2v9X6u.png
The silkspun veil babies are adorable!

Thursday Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

Hmm no I don't think I've ever been that connected to flowers. I think they're beautiful and I love seeing the transformation of colors that happens in spring, but I've never really grown any myself or want to keep them in the house etc.
The silkspun veil babies are adorable!

Thursday Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

Hmm no I don't think I've ever been that connected to flowers. I think they're beautiful and I love seeing the transformation of colors that happens in spring, but I've never really grown any myself or want to keep them in the house etc.
ePOliyb.png
5iXiC8z.png
XcoCtCD.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Animated Pixel Drake Statues by vehemourn

@C.O.L.O.R.S. daily hatch & QOTD

TLDR: If you have a Lovebugs entry, please fill out Entry Form Lovebugs 2: Electric Boogaloo ASAP and do NOT send any extra funds for this, just the usual Thursday (Mourning Flowers).

@Pinopsida, @rattification, @tigressRising you had 2 each.

Long: Lovebugs host didn't disappear for a disaster, but IS having a difficult time IRL. They would like to finish the last 2 days of incubating but... they may not be able to. It's not a matter of the 5 minutes, it's a matter of the whole day slipping by because of so much going on, or having one more responsibility hanging overhead altogether. We'll see.

If original pair have results, great! If not, backup pair will be the one that decides tickets and raffle drawing, and still have squirmy cuties up for adoption.

I nearly went with pink non-Lovebug replacements with nearly identical colors with only 1 difference, but nah let's keep it squirmy little crooners who spread good vibes even if it means a spectrum shift. I will figure out new number cruncing for difficult range if needed.
@C.O.L.O.R.S. daily hatch & QOTD

TLDR: If you have a Lovebugs entry, please fill out Entry Form Lovebugs 2: Electric Boogaloo ASAP and do NOT send any extra funds for this, just the usual Thursday (Mourning Flowers).

@Pinopsida, @rattification, @tigressRising you had 2 each.

Long: Lovebugs host didn't disappear for a disaster, but IS having a difficult time IRL. They would like to finish the last 2 days of incubating but... they may not be able to. It's not a matter of the 5 minutes, it's a matter of the whole day slipping by because of so much going on, or having one more responsibility hanging overhead altogether. We'll see.

If original pair have results, great! If not, backup pair will be the one that decides tickets and raffle drawing, and still have squirmy cuties up for adoption.

I nearly went with pink non-Lovebug replacements with nearly identical colors with only 1 difference, but nah let's keep it squirmy little crooners who spread good vibes even if it means a spectrum shift. I will figure out new number cruncing for difficult range if needed.
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
@NerdMom

so just to be clear -- are these bonus guesses for the original pair from the delay, different dragons so completely fresh guesses, like what's up?
@NerdMom

so just to be clear -- are these bonus guesses for the original pair from the delay, different dragons so completely fresh guesses, like what's up?

alyblaith / aly
NatDom org team

===========
• they/her
• queer
• neurodivergent
===========
trade adopts
===========
==
Magical Meteorite Mayhem - Arcane & Nature 2024
It's a backup plan. If original pair poofs, new pair "usurps" them. [emoji=auraboa tongue size=1] If the next several people say this is new and weird and they want to keep their existing entries on some random pink dragons of almost identical ranges and not deal with this, that's fine too and I would honor that opinion. Vote away. @alyblaith Honestly with 7 hosts, 1 having IRL ussues is fewer than I was worried would happen.
It's a backup plan.

If original pair poofs, new pair "usurps" them.

If the next several people say this is new and weird and they want to keep their existing entries on some random pink dragons of almost identical ranges and not deal with this, that's fine too and I would honor that opinion. Vote away.

@alyblaith
Honestly with 7 hosts, 1 having IRL ussues is fewer than I was worried would happen.
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
Q.O.T.D.
Maybe not as impactful in comparison to other people, but at the very start of spring once all the snow has melted I always go out to a nearby path. There's lots of wildflowers there, and one time when I went a bit later, it was so pretty with a massive field of yellow (not dandelions) flowers, and it was so pretty. It's just really nice to see new plant life growing in after a long winter.
Q.O.T.D.
Maybe not as impactful in comparison to other people, but at the very start of spring once all the snow has melted I always go out to a nearby path. There's lots of wildflowers there, and one time when I went a bit later, it was so pretty with a massive field of yellow (not dandelions) flowers, and it was so pretty. It's just really nice to see new plant life growing in after a long winter.
@NerdMom

Thank you for your swift answers!

I vote to do whatever the folks who had paid for more than 1 guess go with -- if they were incentivized to pay extra because the range of possibilities was so low (so their odds were very good) then I understand if they don't want to go to a pair with a wider range.

I'm mostly here for the badges and I think as long as I put in my guesses on the bonus days then I should do just fine in earning them all, so I'm not as concerned :)
@NerdMom

Thank you for your swift answers!

I vote to do whatever the folks who had paid for more than 1 guess go with -- if they were incentivized to pay extra because the range of possibilities was so low (so their odds were very good) then I understand if they don't want to go to a pair with a wider range.

I'm mostly here for the badges and I think as long as I put in my guesses on the bonus days then I should do just fine in earning them all, so I'm not as concerned :)

alyblaith / aly
NatDom org team

===========
• they/her
• queer
• neurodivergent
===========
trade adopts
===========
==
Magical Meteorite Mayhem - Arcane & Nature 2024