Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Skins vs Accents
1 2 3
I am an accent lover till the end of time, while avoiding skins like the plague (sorry plague flight users), and Ive been wondering how others feel about these two things.

Do you like applying one or both in your lair on your dragons? Do you prefer one over the other? If so, why?

Ill go first with my reasoning:
Accents let me enhance an existing gened dragon or at least put smth fun on a dragon whose base Ive already been liking, while a skin only covers it up. If I dont like the dragons base colors or genes, i dont tend to keep it and thus covering those up with skins is just a waste of treasure/gems for my playstyle. Hbu?
I am an accent lover till the end of time, while avoiding skins like the plague (sorry plague flight users), and Ive been wondering how others feel about these two things.

Do you like applying one or both in your lair on your dragons? Do you prefer one over the other? If so, why?

Ill go first with my reasoning:
Accents let me enhance an existing gened dragon or at least put smth fun on a dragon whose base Ive already been liking, while a skin only covers it up. If I dont like the dragons base colors or genes, i dont tend to keep it and thus covering those up with skins is just a waste of treasure/gems for my playstyle. Hbu?
jJhmri0.pngnBLoI8v.pngBolw6Se.png
I'm not a big fan of full-coverage skins, but I really don't have a preference between the two :) Some skins are only "skins" because they're more than 30%(?) coverage.

edit, because it's 30, not 40%
I'm not a big fan of full-coverage skins, but I really don't have a preference between the two :) Some skins are only "skins" because they're more than 30%(?) coverage.

edit, because it's 30, not 40%
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Personally, I like accents more (mostly because I like making my owns skins and accents and accents are cheaper to print :p) but I do love a good skin when I see one! I'm also trying to make a bunch of anatomy changing full coverage skins for some fandragons I've got which has been pretty fun so far lol
Personally, I like accents more (mostly because I like making my owns skins and accents and accents are cheaper to print :p) but I do love a good skin when I see one! I'm also trying to make a bunch of anatomy changing full coverage skins for some fandragons I've got which has been pretty fun so far lol
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L27 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
@Amieg tbf the anatomy changing ones are pretty cool, I just wish the site had better ways to show them. Personally im just not a fan of ghost limbs basically XD
@Amieg tbf the anatomy changing ones are pretty cool, I just wish the site had better ways to show them. Personally im just not a fan of ghost limbs basically XD
@TenderTundra

Lol that's fair! I'm hoping to mask the ghost limbs in mine by making them into backgrounds for the main part of the dragon. No idea how good they'll all look when they're done but hopefully they'll look good.
@TenderTundra

Lol that's fair! I'm hoping to mask the ghost limbs in mine by making them into backgrounds for the main part of the dragon. No idea how good they'll all look when they're done but hopefully they'll look good.
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L27 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
@Amieg wishing you the best of luck with that!
@Amieg wishing you the best of luck with that!
I gravitate towards the middle range, percentage wise? "Skincents" Where it's more than 30% coverage, but not by so much that I can't see the dragon underneath.
Like, I would say I like accents more in theory, similar situation to you where I like to use skins to complement a dragon and create something more visually interesting than the genes alone, but 30% is just such a small amount of the dragon sometimes...
I gravitate towards the middle range, percentage wise? "Skincents" Where it's more than 30% coverage, but not by so much that I can't see the dragon underneath.
Like, I would say I like accents more in theory, similar situation to you where I like to use skins to complement a dragon and create something more visually interesting than the genes alone, but 30% is just such a small amount of the dragon sometimes...
I also like the middle range. For most of my favorite skins/accents, I couldn't tell you without looking it up whether it's a skin or accent.

...Actually, thinking about it, I think most of them are skins because I paid 850g+ for them. But yeah I don't overly distinguish in my head in terms of a preference.
I also like the middle range. For most of my favorite skins/accents, I couldn't tell you without looking it up whether it's a skin or accent.

...Actually, thinking about it, I think most of them are skins because I paid 850g+ for them. But yeah I don't overly distinguish in my head in terms of a preference.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I don't care either way but I don't like full coverage skins.
Accent? Skincent? Doesn't matter as long as it looks cool to me. I do tend to gravitate towards skincents, sometimes accents can be too little.
I don't care either way but I don't like full coverage skins.
Accent? Skincent? Doesn't matter as long as it looks cool to me. I do tend to gravitate towards skincents, sometimes accents can be too little.
gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
no preference but i don't really like anything higher than 75% coverage, usually. there are a couple of notable exceptions but i want to be able to see the dragon underneath for the most part!
no preference but i don't really like anything higher than 75% coverage, usually. there are a couple of notable exceptions but i want to be able to see the dragon underneath for the most part!
1 2 3