Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Skins vs Accents
I like accents or skincents the best!! Same reason you mentioned, they enhance a dragon/make them even better!
I like accents or skincents the best!! Same reason you mentioned, they enhance a dragon/make them even better!
lil-tiger-by-brightmyth.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

Skincents for me! But sometimes a nice small accent is perfect for a dragon of mine. ^^
Skincents for me! But sometimes a nice small accent is perfect for a dragon of mine. ^^
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I don't like anything that completely covers part of the dragon - full wings, majority of the body, etc - unless it's very transparent and still lets the dragon underneath shine through. So, while I do have SOME skins, I have a strong preference for accents.

I also generally am not a fan of things that 'white out' or remove parts of the dragon, or things that drastically try to change the anatomy. The lineart rule makes those types of skins look silly, imo.
I don't like anything that completely covers part of the dragon - full wings, majority of the body, etc - unless it's very transparent and still lets the dragon underneath shine through. So, while I do have SOME skins, I have a strong preference for accents.

I also generally am not a fan of things that 'white out' or remove parts of the dragon, or things that drastically try to change the anatomy. The lineart rule makes those types of skins look silly, imo.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I violently dislike full coverage skins (except for some exceptions, like Alizeh, in my sig) and I almost always prefer accents or skins that add to the derg rather than completely change how they look. For instance my progen Soli, and my boy Eli. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64390880][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/643909/64390880_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94668582][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/946686/94668582_350.png[/img][/url] The only full-coverage skins I like are ones that cover up unusable colors, like Cornelius here [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65406504][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/654066/65406504_350.png[/img][/url]
I violently dislike full coverage skins (except for some exceptions, like Alizeh, in my sig) and I almost always prefer accents or skins that add to the derg rather than completely change how they look. For instance my progen Soli, and my boy Eli.
64390880_350.png
94668582_350.png

The only full-coverage skins I like are ones that cover up unusable colors, like Cornelius here
65406504_350.png
Call me Soli!
She/any
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
Minor
myL03yu.gif Art Shop

17JYCdP.gif
No random friend requests!
Non-exalt (I love my dragons)
Username means “small crow” (crow + ling)
94851218p.png
I rarely use full skins. It has to be one that I'm so in love with that I don't mind covering up a dragon entirely with it. Skincents are fine as long as I find the right dragon for it. Accents are were it's at for me~ I wanna enhance my dragons' existing beauty rather than hide it. (Same case with apparel, I just can't bring myself to completely cover a dragon.)
I rarely use full skins. It has to be one that I'm so in love with that I don't mind covering up a dragon entirely with it. Skincents are fine as long as I find the right dragon for it. Accents are were it's at for me~ I wanna enhance my dragons' existing beauty rather than hide it. (Same case with apparel, I just can't bring myself to completely cover a dragon.)
cnczfnd.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
After taking a glance at my lair, I think I generally prefer detailed, slightly higher-coverage accents/skincents. I don't like skins that completely cover up a dragon because I like the subtle details that genes provide
After taking a glance at my lair, I think I generally prefer detailed, slightly higher-coverage accents/skincents. I don't like skins that completely cover up a dragon because I like the subtle details that genes provide
_________ CkbRBhK.gif _ Moondyne | fr time +17 | "If it's meant to happen it'll happen anyway"
I'm also an accent lover! I just love being able to still see my lovely dragons' genes!
I'm also an accent lover! I just love being able to still see my lovely dragons' genes!
gR2nWSA.png
I have a slight preference for accents because I like seeing more of the dragon, but I also find some skins do this really nicely without covering too much up.
I have a slight preference for accents because I like seeing more of the dragon, but I also find some skins do this really nicely without covering too much up.
YVJY8Ut.png Olya
she/her
FR+2
[quote name="cantrip" date="2024-05-08 17:03:47" ] no preference but i don't really like anything higher than 75% coverage, usually. there are a couple of notable exceptions but i want to be able to see the dragon underneath for the most part! [/quote] agreed! i want to feel like my dragon is still unique even if it has a skin other dragons have and not identical with majority coverage
cantrip wrote on 2024-05-08 17:03:47:
no preference but i don't really like anything higher than 75% coverage, usually. there are a couple of notable exceptions but i want to be able to see the dragon underneath for the most part!

agreed! i want to feel like my dragon is still unique even if it has a skin other dragons have and not identical with majority coverage
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
Full coverage? I actually kinda like them...in other peoples' lairs. It's fun to see what people come up with, but I just can't mentally get myself to validate it in my lair. Either it's a dragon I don't actually like thrown into the role (had to be honest to myself about that) or I want to see its colors. Unfortunately colors create attachment, and lower coverage skins do, too, but full coverage feels like making a carbon copy of someone else's dragon, so I just don't feel attached.
Partial coverage skins are my go-to, as I'm usually not interested in giving my dragons a puff of smoke or something (exception is this guy, because I wanted a third eye and nothing else, as he's a 20-slot apparel project and I only needed the singular detail). I want to see my dragon but also have access to characteristics not available on the site. Or, you know, animal skins.
All this said, it isn't unusual for me to purposefully leave dragons without skins. Skins are great, but sometimes a skinless dragon works better than anything I could find.
Full coverage? I actually kinda like them...in other peoples' lairs. It's fun to see what people come up with, but I just can't mentally get myself to validate it in my lair. Either it's a dragon I don't actually like thrown into the role (had to be honest to myself about that) or I want to see its colors. Unfortunately colors create attachment, and lower coverage skins do, too, but full coverage feels like making a carbon copy of someone else's dragon, so I just don't feel attached.
Partial coverage skins are my go-to, as I'm usually not interested in giving my dragons a puff of smoke or something (exception is this guy, because I wanted a third eye and nothing else, as he's a 20-slot apparel project and I only needed the singular detail). I want to see my dragon but also have access to characteristics not available on the site. Or, you know, animal skins.
All this said, it isn't unusual for me to purposefully leave dragons without skins. Skins are great, but sometimes a skinless dragon works better than anything I could find.
FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
If you ping me, please remember to include capitals for each word or I won't get your ping! It's GaleGecko, not galegecko.