Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | skydancer has weird feets
1 2 3
maybe i'm alone here but i LOOOVE the weirdness of Skydancers. Like. Oh Yeah.
maybe i'm alone here but i LOOOVE the weirdness of Skydancers. Like. Oh Yeah.
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
[quote name="DinosaurFeathers" date="2024-05-06 14:42:29" ] Nah they feet are fine lets talk about the unsettlingly long wing finger bones [/quote] YESS that's what has always caught my eye,, like what is going on there, i'm all for it, but what the heck,, especially m pose skydancers, their wings are creepy lol. i like to call them my spider boys
DinosaurFeathers wrote on 2024-05-06 14:42:29:
Nah they feet are fine lets talk about the unsettlingly long wing finger bones
YESS that's what has always caught my eye,,
like what is going on there, i'm all for it, but what the heck,,

especially m pose skydancers, their wings are creepy lol. i like to call them my spider boys
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-05-06 09:41:36" ] it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). there's a couple of dragons on FR that fit that bill but none of them are really shown standing up and at attention the way that SDMs are. fun fact, there's also no animals in real life with this kind of leg/foot design so at least for me it's hard to really imagine how they walk like that since there's no real-world animal to compare it to. [/quote] If I'm not mistaken don't racoons walk plantigrade on their hands and digitigrade on their feet? [img]https://st2.depositphotos.com/1594920/46355/i/1600/depositphotos_463556060-stock-photo-side-view-young-walking-raccoon.jpg[/img]
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-05-06 09:41:36:
it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). there's a couple of dragons on FR that fit that bill but none of them are really shown standing up and at attention the way that SDMs are.

fun fact, there's also no animals in real life with this kind of leg/foot design so at least for me it's hard to really imagine how they walk like that since there's no real-world animal to compare it to.

If I'm not mistaken don't racoons walk plantigrade on their hands and digitigrade on their feet?
depositphotos_463556060-stock-photo-side-view-young-walking-raccoon.jpg
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
I don't see much wrong with the feet. But now that you mention it, I notice the right front foot is longer than the left one
I don't see much wrong with the feet. But now that you mention it, I notice the right front foot is longer than the left one
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
Maybe its just the tangent where the two hands overlap each other…
Maybe its just the tangent where the two hands overlap each other…
Selling my skins!
rule number 1 of FR: once you spot an anatomy error, it will haunt you for the rest of your life

the issue is that there are many anatomy errors or just plain... weirdness. fae necks anyone?
rule number 1 of FR: once you spot an anatomy error, it will haunt you for the rest of your life

the issue is that there are many anatomy errors or just plain... weirdness. fae necks anyone?
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2024-05-06 20:50:23" ] [quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-05-06 09:41:36" ] it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). there's a couple of dragons on FR that fit that bill but none of them are really shown standing up and at attention the way that SDMs are. fun fact, there's also no animals in real life with this kind of leg/foot design so at least for me it's hard to really imagine how they walk like that since there's no real-world animal to compare it to. [/quote] If I'm not mistaken don't racoons walk plantigrade on their hands and digitigrade on their feet? [img]https://st2.depositphotos.com/1594920/46355/i/1600/depositphotos_463556060-stock-photo-side-view-young-walking-raccoon.jpg[/img] [/quote] nope! because if you observe the anatomy of a raccoon's back feet, the pad of their foot runs all the way to their heel which implies that the whole foot is used in locomotion and standing the same way that humans can also technically walk with their heel elevated if they choose (high-heels, raptor-walking, etc) while still being solidly plantigrade animals. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/Raccoon-10.png[/img] ^ it wouldn't be very comfortable for a digitigrade animal like a dog to stand with their heel touching the ground like that, for instance. you'll see on the skydancers that they don't have a footpad reaching up to meet their heel in addition to the heel appearing very narrow, which is how digitigrade animals are designed!
Stormdragon wrote on 2024-05-06 20:50:23:
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-05-06 09:41:36:
it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). there's a couple of dragons on FR that fit that bill but none of them are really shown standing up and at attention the way that SDMs are.

fun fact, there's also no animals in real life with this kind of leg/foot design so at least for me it's hard to really imagine how they walk like that since there's no real-world animal to compare it to.

If I'm not mistaken don't racoons walk plantigrade on their hands and digitigrade on their feet?
depositphotos_463556060-stock-photo-side-view-young-walking-raccoon.jpg

nope! because if you observe the anatomy of a raccoon's back feet, the pad of their foot runs all the way to their heel which implies that the whole foot is used in locomotion and standing the same way that humans can also technically walk with their heel elevated if they choose (high-heels, raptor-walking, etc) while still being solidly plantigrade animals.

Raccoon-10.png

^ it wouldn't be very comfortable for a digitigrade animal like a dog to stand with their heel touching the ground like that, for instance.

you'll see on the skydancers that they don't have a footpad reaching up to meet their heel in addition to the heel appearing very narrow, which is how digitigrade animals are designed!
now i feel like im going crazy bc they look fine to me. i keep staring at the image trying to find something weird about it but i just dont see it. yeah their toes are a lil long but it doesn't bother me at all? maybe i'm just used to them.
now i feel like im going crazy bc they look fine to me. i keep staring at the image trying to find something weird about it but i just dont see it. yeah their toes are a lil long but it doesn't bother me at all? maybe i'm just used to them.
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
I'm learning so much about raccoons (positive) (I like raccoons and feel enriched)
I'm learning so much about raccoons (positive) (I like raccoons and feel enriched)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I think the back feet look the most weird. The toe bones extend further than contact on the ground to the "ankle area" - which I cannot think of any digit animal has that...feeture hee hee
I think the back feet look the most weird. The toe bones extend further than contact on the ground to the "ankle area" - which I cannot think of any digit animal has that...feeture hee hee
tumblr_ooqjj2qdwS1u2y46so1_500.gif
1 2 3