Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | skydancer has weird feets
1 2 3
I don't know why... something about m-pose skydancer's front feet feel off to me. Like the angle of their ankles or something. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=26&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=16&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=161&winggene=0&wings=141&auth=a41ebcfccc918d69454aa5d5c19639447ceea42c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Is it just me?
I don't know why... something about m-pose skydancer's front feet feel off to me. Like the angle of their ankles or something.

dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=26&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=16&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=161&winggene=0&wings=141&auth=a41ebcfccc918d69454aa5d5c19639447ceea42c&dummyext=prev.png

Is it just me?
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
yeah no skydancer feet are super unsettling to me. they have thumbs. weird little raccoon hands. why do they have grippers like that
yeah no skydancer feet are super unsettling to me. they have thumbs. weird little raccoon hands. why do they have grippers like that
The toes are...too long
The toes are...too long
The weirder feet to me are the back feet, because not even ostriches have toes that extend all the way up the leg.
The weirder feet to me are the back feet, because not even ostriches have toes that extend all the way up the leg.
63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
why is the background-front claw like that... i swear it's talons are longer than the claw closer to the camera
why is the background-front claw like that... i swear it's talons are longer than the claw closer to the camera
NcRl9aq.png
Leg bones need to be longer. Toe/ankle needs to come down a bit.
Leg bones need to be longer. Toe/ankle needs to come down a bit.
FeIiZnO.png
Everything about skydancers is weird honestly
Everything about skydancers is weird honestly
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). there's a couple of dragons on FR that fit that bill but none of them are really shown standing up and at attention the way that SDMs are.

fun fact, there's also no animals in real life with this kind of leg/foot design so at least for me it's hard to really imagine how they walk like that since there's no real-world animal to compare it to.
it's probably that they're plantigrade on their front feet (whole foot is touching the ground) and digitigrade on their back (walking on their digits with the heel elevated). there's a couple of dragons on FR that fit that bill but none of them are really shown standing up and at attention the way that SDMs are.

fun fact, there's also no animals in real life with this kind of leg/foot design so at least for me it's hard to really imagine how they walk like that since there's no real-world animal to compare it to.
Ankles? On arms? There are no ankles on arms? Are you talking about wrists? They have very human-like hands which are almost fully plantigrade as ours. I can do the same with my hands, they just have low-positioned, opposable thumbs I don't know, from my understanding, there's absolutely nothing wrong with their hands. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/8N1Yvbk0/image.png[/img] anyway, enjoy this obligatory insert of my old art for context (light-hearted) [img]https://i.postimg.cc/2CNg6fbn/silly.png[/img]
Ankles? On arms? There are no ankles on arms? Are you talking about wrists? They have very human-like hands which are almost fully plantigrade as ours. I can do the same with my hands, they just have low-positioned, opposable thumbs

I don't know, from my understanding, there's absolutely nothing wrong with their hands.

image.png

anyway, enjoy this obligatory insert of my old art for context (light-hearted)

silly.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
welp, guess i’m never unseeing that!
welp, guess i’m never unseeing that!
I cooka da pizza!
He/She
Xk4COBJ.png
1 2 3