Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Ice Dom Closed] Lore Building: Bakers
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94666642][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/946667/94666642_350.png[/img][/url]
94666642_350.png
Catching up in bulk! ">> [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64339885][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/643399/64339885_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Day 4[/b] For her signature bake, Pascha goes with a berry trifle that her daughters loved growing up. It includes a wide variety of berries (namely because as hatchlings they could never agree on a favorite), a whipped cream cheese and a light and fluffy chocolate sponge cake, soaked in a violet syrup. Its a fairly simple dessert, but she puts extra care into making sure the textures aren't too heavy (where the cream and cake are concerned) and that the layers are pristine. [b]Day 5[/b] Croissants! As established in an earlier round Pascha LOVES making laminated dough, and what's the best known pastry to show that off? The ever beloved bread moon! Simple in terms of ingredients needed, but also VERY easy to mess up if you don't have the patience and skill. [b]Day 6[/b] Pascha pulls out all the stops for her showstopper and goes for a multi-tiered celebration cake. Because she wants to show off, each layer has a different flavor and filling (classic chocolate with vanilla, then lemon and berry, and finaly a matcha and red bean), and she goes for an ombre look for the frosting and decoration (unfortunately she struggles a bit with blending, so the different colors look pretty distinct rather than a gradual shift, but it's not a bad look). The decorations include sugar butterflies, as well as some frosting piping that looks suspiciously like the ringlet patterns on her and her daughters fur. Or just stylized flowers...hard to tell for sure. Day 7 coming later!
Catching up in bulk! ">>
64339885_350.png

Day 4

For her signature bake, Pascha goes with a berry trifle that her daughters loved growing up. It includes a wide variety of berries (namely because as hatchlings they could never agree on a favorite), a whipped cream cheese and a light and fluffy chocolate sponge cake, soaked in a violet syrup. Its a fairly simple dessert, but she puts extra care into making sure the textures aren't too heavy (where the cream and cake are concerned) and that the layers are pristine.

Day 5
Croissants! As established in an earlier round Pascha LOVES making laminated dough, and what's the best known pastry to show that off? The ever beloved bread moon! Simple in terms of ingredients needed, but also VERY easy to mess up if you don't have the patience and skill.

Day 6
Pascha pulls out all the stops for her showstopper and goes for a multi-tiered celebration cake. Because she wants to show off, each layer has a different flavor and filling (classic chocolate with vanilla, then lemon and berry, and finaly a matcha and red bean), and she goes for an ombre look for the frosting and decoration (unfortunately she struggles a bit with blending, so the different colors look pretty distinct rather than a gradual shift, but it's not a bad look). The decorations include sugar butterflies, as well as some frosting piping that looks suspiciously like the ringlet patterns on her and her daughters fur. Or just stylized flowers...hard to tell for sure.

Day 7 coming later!

tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
Meili stared at the technical bake on her workstation. Some of the pieces were a little too big; others were much too small, or couldn't be assembled right because she ran out of one thing or another. She was okay with them... but the judges wouldn't be. If they didn't like her paw-pies, they certainly wouldn't like these.

What is she doing here?

Meili wasn't prepared to compete. She barely knows how to cook, for the gods' sake! She must have misunderstood what coming here was going to entail. Cooking perfect food for two people who had plenty to choose from and take their fill wasn't where Meili wanted to be. She wanted to be back at the Oasis, learning to make food for those who needed it and who, like her, didn't know how to forage in the Wilds. She thought she'd be able to learn here, not-

The stress of the time limit filled the space. Meili hadn't even thought to bring a dampener to put around her head. She took a deep breath, put her misshapen technical submission at the end of her bench... and walked out.

So, um... yeah. Turns out I just was not vibing with my choice of dragon combined with this event. I thought I was maybe being too literal about the prompts, but I realized that, literal or not, I was just having a super hard time imagining Meili having anything to do with a baking competition and I wasn't happy with what I was writing. And, you know what? In writing Meili's exit, I think I discovered her true character way better than anything she'd done this week until now. So maybe she was the right choice, just for the "wrong" reasons...

I've written her bio. This'll be my submission for both technical and the conclusion - no showstopper for her.
Meili stared at the technical bake on her workstation. Some of the pieces were a little too big; others were much too small, or couldn't be assembled right because she ran out of one thing or another. She was okay with them... but the judges wouldn't be. If they didn't like her paw-pies, they certainly wouldn't like these.

What is she doing here?

Meili wasn't prepared to compete. She barely knows how to cook, for the gods' sake! She must have misunderstood what coming here was going to entail. Cooking perfect food for two people who had plenty to choose from and take their fill wasn't where Meili wanted to be. She wanted to be back at the Oasis, learning to make food for those who needed it and who, like her, didn't know how to forage in the Wilds. She thought she'd be able to learn here, not-

The stress of the time limit filled the space. Meili hadn't even thought to bring a dampener to put around her head. She took a deep breath, put her misshapen technical submission at the end of her bench... and walked out.

So, um... yeah. Turns out I just was not vibing with my choice of dragon combined with this event. I thought I was maybe being too literal about the prompts, but I realized that, literal or not, I was just having a super hard time imagining Meili having anything to do with a baking competition and I wasn't happy with what I was writing. And, you know what? In writing Meili's exit, I think I discovered her true character way better than anything she'd done this week until now. So maybe she was the right choice, just for the "wrong" reasons...

I've written her bio. This'll be my submission for both technical and the conclusion - no showstopper for her.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
While the taste of baked goods is always a priority, Sweets finds more joy in the creative, artistic side of baking: So, for his signature bake, he will create a life-like sculpture of a [gamedb item=28229] made from a rich sponge cake, [gamedb item=174] fondant and [gamedb item=2942] icing. Featuring natural colourings of crushed [gamedb item=25273] to bring out the striking dark blue markings and two [gamedb item=77] as eyes, perfectly capturing the creature's life-like glow. With horns and toenails made of moulded chocolate and coloured with edible paint, you would be forgiven if you thought someone let their familiar cosy up on a plate! [columns] [color=transparent]................... [nextcol] [item=Wisp Fruit] [item=Sweet Grass] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/28229.png[/img] [nextcol] [item=Brave Blue Bee] [item=Charged Duneberry] [/columns] Sweets wanted to start things with a bang, showing off his creative side in the kitchen!
While the taste of baked goods is always a priority, Sweets finds more joy in the creative, artistic side of baking:

So, for his signature bake, he will create a life-like sculpture of a Pale Greattusk made from a rich sponge cake, Sweet Grass fondant and Wisp Fruit icing. Featuring natural colourings of crushed Brave Blue Bee to bring out the striking dark blue markings and two Charged Duneberry as eyes, perfectly capturing the creature's life-like glow.
With horns and toenails made of moulded chocolate and coloured with edible paint, you would be forgiven if you thought someone let their familiar cosy up on a plate!
Wisp Fruit
Sweet Grass
28229.png Brave Blue Bee
Charged Duneberry
Sweets wanted to start things with a bang, showing off his creative side in the kitchen!
tn0RSo5.png
9hqcHsy.png
56yqAPu.png
G8AyR6r.png
QUIpVFE.png
YMPbu9R.png
they/them
8+ FR
A large eyed creature bounds at the viewer, rainbow striped cape flowing across its back. Rainbow hearts surround it.
......................................... HW4lpxl.png
7UXlQKU.gif
Saturday

Sweetcake's bio has been updated! Here's the new bit talking about the bake off:

Recently, Sweetcake put his skills to the test and participated in the Great Sornieth Bake-Off. For his entries, he made red velvet cake, mini chocolate rolls, and a sculpted vanilla cake of the snowy island in which Frostgrove Sanctuary is constructed. He was inspired by the eagerness of his fellow contestants, which helped him to put in an effort that he can be proud of.
Saturday

Sweetcake's bio has been updated! Here's the new bit talking about the bake off:

Recently, Sweetcake put his skills to the test and participated in the Great Sornieth Bake-Off. For his entries, he made red velvet cake, mini chocolate rolls, and a sculpted vanilla cake of the snowy island in which Frostgrove Sanctuary is constructed. He was inspired by the eagerness of his fellow contestants, which helped him to put in an effort that he can be proud of.
Pronounced Zo-no-reh-so | He/Him | I also go by Zoey & Zo | Prone to Infodumping

Ice Flight!!!!
____Directory____I'm ahead of server time by 3 hours____Dragons for Sale____
____Clan Lore (WIP)____My Fandragons (Mostly Transformers)____Wishlist____
YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Sweets makes a Crème Brûlée for his technical dish, one that has reliably satisfied even the most discerning of customers. Infused with vanilla bean and garnished with Cindermint, this dessert will make any fire flight dragon feel right at home.

This dish was taught to Sweets by a kindly elder fire dragon called Coal, while Sweets was travelling through his ancestral homeland of Ashfall Waste. The Cindermint was not in the original recipe, but he found that it gives a wonderfully warm mouthfeel long after the dish is consumed, reminiscent of the lingering volcanic heat when leaving the fire flight's borders.
Sweets makes a Crème Brûlée for his technical dish, one that has reliably satisfied even the most discerning of customers. Infused with vanilla bean and garnished with Cindermint, this dessert will make any fire flight dragon feel right at home.

This dish was taught to Sweets by a kindly elder fire dragon called Coal, while Sweets was travelling through his ancestral homeland of Ashfall Waste. The Cindermint was not in the original recipe, but he found that it gives a wonderfully warm mouthfeel long after the dish is consumed, reminiscent of the lingering volcanic heat when leaving the fire flight's borders.
tn0RSo5.png
9hqcHsy.png
56yqAPu.png
G8AyR6r.png
QUIpVFE.png
YMPbu9R.png
they/them
8+ FR
A large eyed creature bounds at the viewer, rainbow striped cape flowing across its back. Rainbow hearts surround it.
7UXlQKU.gif
This was the moment Sweets had been waiting for, time to bring out the big baking trays! [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] [columns] [color=transparent]..................[/color] [nextcol] [item=Blue Jelly] [item=Dusky Mealworm] [nextcol] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/33305.png[/img] [nextcol] [item=Sea Roach] [item=Glowslug] [/columns] After hours of prep, work and cooling, behold: the Jelly Cake Workshop Monitor! Complete with articulated limbs, this marvel features a decadent [gamedb item=7887] bell, adorned with [gamedb item=44065] and [gamedb item=1004] chitin for the tough metallic cap and legs. The glowing lights were recreated with [gamedb item=28185] dipped in a sugary [gamedb item=1204] slime. While the machinery in this dessert is just a simple robotic frame and hidden wires, Sweets hopes to one day create life itself (in sugar-based bodies!) Marvellous to behold and even better to eat!
This was the moment Sweets had been waiting for, time to bring out the big baking trays!
.................. Blue Jelly
Dusky Mealworm
33305.png Sea Roach
Glowslug

After hours of prep, work and cooling, behold: the Jelly Cake Workshop Monitor!
Complete with articulated limbs, this marvel features a decadent Blue Jelly bell, adorned with Sea Roach and Dusky Mealworm chitin for the tough metallic cap and legs.
The glowing lights were recreated with Lesser Bluehorn dipped in a sugary Glowslug slime.

While the machinery in this dessert is just a simple robotic frame and hidden wires, Sweets hopes to one day create life itself (in sugar-based bodies!) Marvellous to behold and even better to eat!
tn0RSo5.png
9hqcHsy.png
56yqAPu.png
G8AyR6r.png
QUIpVFE.png
YMPbu9R.png
they/them
8+ FR
7UXlQKU.gif
Aaand we're done, phew! Here's the special boy with his updated bio, thanks for this event! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52933798][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/529338/52933798_350.png[/img][/url]
Aaand we're done, phew! Here's the special boy with his updated bio, thanks for this event!

52933798_350.png
tn0RSo5.png
9hqcHsy.png
56yqAPu.png
G8AyR6r.png
QUIpVFE.png
YMPbu9R.png
they/them
8+ FR
7UXlQKU.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93947127][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/939472/93947127_350.png[/img][/url] Malwyne sighs. Her Luminous Almond cake turned out great, but for the showstopper, she will need something even bigger. Better. Tastier. She carefully looks around for inspiration. This bake-off is hosted by the ice flight after all, maybe she should try to make something to honour them? Yes and she knows exactly what she will make... For this experiment she will need some cake batter, some glitter, Winterbelles, lots of light blue frosting and even more skill. At the end, she stands before a pretty good imitation of an ice sprite, only that this one won't scream when you try eating it. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/2623.png[/img] Bio has been updated as well![/center]
93947127_350.png
Malwyne sighs. Her Luminous Almond cake turned out great, but for the showstopper, she will need something even bigger. Better. Tastier. She carefully looks around for inspiration. This bake-off is hosted by the ice flight after all, maybe she should try to make something to honour them? Yes and she knows exactly what she will make... For this experiment she will need some cake batter, some glitter, Winterbelles, lots of light blue frosting and even more skill. At the end, she stands before a pretty good imitation of an ice sprite, only that this one won't scream when you try eating it.
2623.png

Bio has been updated as well!
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
[b]Saturday / Day 7[/b] [quote][b]Task:[/b] Update your dragon's bio. Include an additional 1-3 new sentences or bullets. Post your dragon to the thread.[/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73136694][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/731367/73136694_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Bio has been updated!! I combined the Day 1 and Day 3 entry and made it her intro to the GSBO! Also included her outfit and links to her three baking entries. Thanks for hosting!
Saturday / Day 7
Quote:
Task: Update your dragon's bio. Include an additional 1-3 new sentences or bullets. Post your dragon to the thread.
73136694_350.png

Bio has been updated!! I combined the Day 1 and Day 3 entry and made it her intro to the GSBO! Also included her outfit and links to her three baking entries.

Thanks for hosting!
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15