Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | wind ancient concepts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I've also been thinking about wind ancients, especially in comparison to the two noodly breeds that wind already has. I would love if the wind ancient was a flightless bird as others have said, or a very round domestic bird like a quail, turkey, or chicken. I think the perfect breed imo for a wind ancient would be a dodo!
I've also been thinking about wind ancients, especially in comparison to the two noodly breeds that wind already has. I would love if the wind ancient was a flightless bird as others have said, or a very round domestic bird like a quail, turkey, or chicken. I think the perfect breed imo for a wind ancient would be a dodo!
Ngl, really hope that the wind ancient is wingless. A chinese inspired lung dragon would be really cool! But I also kinda want something chunky with a long face and peacock inspired (large fan tails I feel like would be a great way to add some diversity in tail types as well as be a good place you can put secondaries on!)
Ngl, really hope that the wind ancient is wingless. A chinese inspired lung dragon would be really cool! But I also kinda want something chunky with a long face and peacock inspired (large fan tails I feel like would be a great way to add some diversity in tail types as well as be a good place you can put secondaries on!)
My two main hopes are something like Paolumu or Qurupeco from Monster Hunter or something like Bismarck from Final Fantasy XIV.

I know they can't take direct inspiration from other media but my main point is I hope the wind ancient is either smaller and uses air sacs to fly/float around/for display, or is a giant sky whale/manta ray. So balloon, blimp, or kite inspired, mixed with animal/plant (like dandelion fluff) inspirations.
My two main hopes are something like Paolumu or Qurupeco from Monster Hunter or something like Bismarck from Final Fantasy XIV.

I know they can't take direct inspiration from other media but my main point is I hope the wind ancient is either smaller and uses air sacs to fly/float around/for display, or is a giant sky whale/manta ray. So balloon, blimp, or kite inspired, mixed with animal/plant (like dandelion fluff) inspirations.
Sulli | He/Him | Adult | Pings Allowed
See profile for other information.
[font=american gothic][size=4]@Recallback @SullivanMaurus Manta with a long face... so something like Nix Illustration's speculative marine pterosaur? [img]https://annoyedfishcom.water.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/tumblr_n1vbtkvkoj1s5f2yxo1_1280.png[/img]
@Recallback @SullivanMaurus

Manta with a long face... so something like Nix Illustration's speculative marine pterosaur?

tumblr_n1vbtkvkoj1s5f2yxo1_1280.png
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
im here for a blimp dragon personally (a kite would be cool too, though.. gimme that All Wing creature)
im here for a blimp dragon personally (a kite would be cool too, though.. gimme that All Wing creature)
signature under construction
i go by she/he/they in no particular order!
Untitled235_20210703193649.png
Untitled240_20210703200028.png
Untitled237_20210703205548.png
I'd like to think that a Wind ancient would almost doeverything on the wing, much like a swift...as for sizewise, maybe quetzlcoatl?
I'd like to think that a Wind ancient would almost doeverything on the wing, much like a swift...as for sizewise, maybe quetzlcoatl?
Tour de Sornieth

[ ]
Fuzzy bumblebee like dragon.

I'd love something small but orb shaped.
Fuzzy bumblebee like dragon.

I'd love something small but orb shaped.
Yt4sddf.png
@Teeka I’d love to see a dragon with an owl-like face! (I know you just said the eyes but STILL, MY POINT REMAINS).
@Teeka I’d love to see a dragon with an owl-like face! (I know you just said the eyes but STILL, MY POINT REMAINS).
I want either many, many wings or just really huge wings. Either manta coded or pterosaur coded.

Also more lair slots because I'm going to want loads.
I want either many, many wings or just really huge wings. Either manta coded or pterosaur coded.

Also more lair slots because I'm going to want loads.
[quote name="Requacy" date="2024-04-18 22:49:36" ] [font=american gothic][size=4] Manta with a long face... so something like Nix Illustration's speculative marine pterosaur? [img]https://annoyedfishcom.water.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/tumblr_n1vbtkvkoj1s5f2yxo1_1280.png[/img] [/quote] This is the most ridiculous beast I've ever seen and I definitely want it. It's like the worlds flattest penguin.
Requacy wrote on 2024-04-18 22:49:36:

Manta with a long face... so something like Nix Illustration's speculative marine pterosaur?

tumblr_n1vbtkvkoj1s5f2yxo1_1280.png

This is the most ridiculous beast I've ever seen and I definitely want it. It's like the worlds flattest penguin.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10