Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | wind ancient concepts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="ChaoticFriendzy" date="2024-04-17 19:12:59" ] I want them to be essentially like really large, flat kites. It makes an amazing amount of sense. [/quote] I think a body type/biology similar to Amatsu and the serpents Ibushi/Narwa would also be very interesting!
ChaoticFriendzy wrote on 2024-04-17 19:12:59:
I want them to be essentially like really large, flat kites. It makes an amazing amount of sense.
I think a body type/biology similar to Amatsu and the serpents Ibushi/Narwa would also be very interesting!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
manta ray. lolz
manta ray. lolz
[quote name="GirlGamer1001" date="2024-04-17 15:58:09" ] Make it wingless for the irony. [/quote] I don't think Windsinger ever had wings to begin with. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/3_350.png[/img][/url]
GirlGamer1001 wrote on 2024-04-17 15:58:09:
Make it wingless for the irony.

I don't think Windsinger ever had wings to begin with.

3_350.png
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
It would be cool if it was a more Eastern styled dragon with an emphasis on their massive jaws and teeth.
It would be cool if it was a more Eastern styled dragon with an emphasis on their massive jaws and teeth.
Sketch Shop!
Art Blog, Flight Rising Blog

(He/him) FR time + 0
sG7fu4Y.gif

sG7fu4Y.gif
I've been brainrotting on a four-winged pterodactyl-based derg with hummingbird features. Long hooked beak and long tongue, a large pterosaur-like head crest, and four tapered fleshy wings; one pair sprouting from the shoulders and another from the midback. They have no front legs, but very powerful two-toed hind legs (with a third toe being a thumb) that they use to attack and lift prey into the air. They also have a small tail fused to their wing membranes. I made a mockup of them that I might upload later - they don't look very dragonish though, but I'm hoping for something similar to them!
I've been brainrotting on a four-winged pterodactyl-based derg with hummingbird features. Long hooked beak and long tongue, a large pterosaur-like head crest, and four tapered fleshy wings; one pair sprouting from the shoulders and another from the midback. They have no front legs, but very powerful two-toed hind legs (with a third toe being a thumb) that they use to attack and lift prey into the air. They also have a small tail fused to their wing membranes. I made a mockup of them that I might upload later - they don't look very dragonish though, but I'm hoping for something similar to them!
eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
drew up a few wind ancient concepts and gave them little blurbs about their anatomy and lifestyles! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/rFSMsZXV/wind-ancient-concepts.png[/img] 1. these dragons, like the american bittern, have extremely-- EXTREMELY-- long necks. these solitary dergs stand up straight most of the day, blending in with the tallest bamboo (their thousands of vestigial legs act as leaves in their disguise) and using their many eyes and strong sense of smell to detect prey, e.g. large birds, coming by. when one gets too close, the derg quickly snaps it up before slowly sinking down into the forest and popping up elsewhere for its next meal. 2. @SPinosaurid @NobleLycanthrope i combined the Sharovipteryx and large ears suggestions for this one! these dragons have sticky toepads like geckos, which they use to speedily climb up bamboo shoots before expertly gliding large distances to travel. their large ears allow them to hear the conversations of members of their colony from across the forest, so a rumor rarely remains unspread. 3. @skinklegs @ShwoomWoom @ShiningFlight @minim @DivineDisease @Recallback @MaplesHaiku @ChaoticFriendzy @Plasmic @eyesofdawn i merged a bunch of your ideas for this one! not sure i did the proportions justice but it's just a sketch i guess :) it has a very flat manta ray/kite-like body of course, no legs, a lot of whale inspiration, and i took inspiration from swifts as well because i feel like they fit the idea of 'pudgy but very adept at air travel' very well! these dragons spend their entire lives in the air, having no legs to land or take off with. instead, they spend their days gliding, almost floating, on the air. their enormous wing-like lobes, their forked tails (which help them generate lift), and the huge air sacs in their chest cavities (which decrease their density) all make their perpetual flight possible. their many ear holes, attuned to different frequency levels and with the ability to selectively close or open to adjust for pressure changes, allow them to hear the songs of their pod members from hundreds of miles away. though they may seem solitary, they are never alone. these dergs are filter feeders, passively sifting through the air for bug swarms or even small birds; their lobes help generate air currents that steer food towards their mouth. excess air that they inhale goes to the air sac. 4. @DivineDisease i tried to go for a more bear-ish vibe on this last one like you suggested! it was a neat challenge to not make it TOO bearlike :) these dragons, though they lack any kind of wings, aren't grounded. where other dragons might have two pairs of legs and one pair of wings, these dergs have three pairs of strong legs, which help them maintain a firm grip on the bamboo they climb. when on the forest floor, their lengthy whiskers, which, like a cat's, span their entire width, help them gauge whether the two bamboo shoots they want to squeeze between are just a little [i]too[/i] close together. they maintain an omnivorous lifestyle, with the capability to digest meat or bamboo (or other plants) as they see fit.
drew up a few wind ancient concepts and gave them little blurbs about their anatomy and lifestyles!
wind-ancient-concepts.png
these dragons, like the american bittern, have extremely-- EXTREMELY-- long necks. these solitary dergs stand up straight most of the day, blending in with the tallest bamboo (their thousands of vestigial legs act as leaves in their disguise) and using their many eyes and strong sense of smell to detect prey, e.g. large birds, coming by. when one gets too close, the derg quickly snaps it up before slowly sinking down into the forest and popping up elsewhere for its next meal.

2. @SPinosaurid @NobleLycanthrope
i combined the Sharovipteryx and large ears suggestions for this one!
these dragons have sticky toepads like geckos, which they use to speedily climb up bamboo shoots before expertly gliding large distances to travel. their large ears allow them to hear the conversations of members of their colony from across the forest, so a rumor rarely remains unspread.

3. @skinklegs @ShwoomWoom @ShiningFlight @minim @DivineDisease @Recallback @MaplesHaiku @ChaoticFriendzy @Plasmic @eyesofdawn
i merged a bunch of your ideas for this one! not sure i did the proportions justice but it's just a sketch i guess :) it has a very flat manta ray/kite-like body of course, no legs, a lot of whale inspiration, and i took inspiration from swifts as well because i feel like they fit the idea of 'pudgy but very adept at air travel' very well!
these dragons spend their entire lives in the air, having no legs to land or take off with. instead, they spend their days gliding, almost floating, on the air. their enormous wing-like lobes, their forked tails (which help them generate lift), and the huge air sacs in their chest cavities (which decrease their density) all make their perpetual flight possible. their many ear holes, attuned to different frequency levels and with the ability to selectively close or open to adjust for pressure changes, allow them to hear the songs of their pod members from hundreds of miles away. though they may seem solitary, they are never alone. these dergs are filter feeders, passively sifting through the air for bug swarms or even small birds; their lobes help generate air currents that steer food towards their mouth. excess air that they inhale goes to the air sac.

4. @DivineDisease
i tried to go for a more bear-ish vibe on this last one like you suggested! it was a neat challenge to not make it TOO bearlike :)
these dragons, though they lack any kind of wings, aren't grounded. where other dragons might have two pairs of legs and one pair of wings, these dergs have three pairs of strong legs, which help them maintain a firm grip on the bamboo they climb. when on the forest floor, their lengthy whiskers, which, like a cat's, span their entire width, help them gauge whether the two bamboo shoots they want to squeeze between are just a little too close together. they maintain an omnivorous lifestyle, with the capability to digest meat or bamboo (or other plants) as they see fit.
they/them
@Mangorain
YES you understand the hummingbird vision, the strong hindlegs vision, all of it. you see the vision that i see. i would LOVE to see your mockup if you feel like posting!
@Mangorain
YES you understand the hummingbird vision, the strong hindlegs vision, all of it. you see the vision that i see. i would LOVE to see your mockup if you feel like posting!
they/them
Corgis tied to kites
Corgis tied to kites
Progen >93399p.png 68696002p.png< Avatar
OH I love these doodles so much omg!! I would be happy with any of these designs!
OH I love these doodles so much omg!! I would be happy with any of these designs!
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
[center]Someone brought up Timberjacks in a different thread, and now all I want is a dragon that's 90% wing [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/5f3df89f95183d3c4b6e3a7ded571a06/tumblr_pc1liaIWCJ1wumnzoo2_540.gif[/img] So basically a "kite" dragon. Alternatively, I think a blimp dragon would be hilarious xD
Someone brought up Timberjacks in a different thread, and now all I want is a dragon that's 90% wing
tumblr_pc1liaIWCJ1wumnzoo2_540.gif

So basically a "kite" dragon.

Alternatively, I think a blimp dragon would be hilarious xD
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an