Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Release ancient later with finished lore
1 2 3 4 5 6
I read the latest status update, and perhaps I speak for a minority of players here, but I don’t want a new ancient breed until it’s actually done. I would rather wait until the new ancient, whatever it is, is actually complete before release than to have it earlier.

I don’t mind waiting, and I would rather wait for something that is complete than to get something incomplete. When the new ancient is released, I think it should come with the lore. Please, just delay the new ancient release until it is fully complete and the lore is done.

Maybe it’s just me, but as it is currently I feel overwhelmed by the constant flow of new ancient breeds. I feel like I have no time to get used to the previous new breed before a new one is released. I would prefer more time in between ancient releases anyway, and in this case it seems like a better choice to just wait. There was no sign that an Ancient was coming until this morning, so I don’t understand why this new ancient is being rushed out if the lore isn’t finished.
I read the latest status update, and perhaps I speak for a minority of players here, but I don’t want a new ancient breed until it’s actually done. I would rather wait until the new ancient, whatever it is, is actually complete before release than to have it earlier.

I don’t mind waiting, and I would rather wait for something that is complete than to get something incomplete. When the new ancient is released, I think it should come with the lore. Please, just delay the new ancient release until it is fully complete and the lore is done.

Maybe it’s just me, but as it is currently I feel overwhelmed by the constant flow of new ancient breeds. I feel like I have no time to get used to the previous new breed before a new one is released. I would prefer more time in between ancient releases anyway, and in this case it seems like a better choice to just wait. There was no sign that an Ancient was coming until this morning, so I don’t understand why this new ancient is being rushed out if the lore isn’t finished.
92280712.png90501452.png82942286.png83686183.png89796725.png
All of this all of this all of this. The general quality of the art and lore on the site has suffered because so many resources are being pumped into Ancients and even the Ancients are releasing unfinished and wayyyyy buggier than they should be.

btw this thread is going to get locked so everyone who sees this: go to Contact Us and send a ticket in saying as much.

I love this site. That makes it hurt so much more when I see it suffering because of this very fixable crunch issue.

If FR wants to keep a small team, fair enough. Just please only do as much work as you can handle. Quality over quantity makes a long-lived, well-loved, and well-remembered game.
All of this all of this all of this. The general quality of the art and lore on the site has suffered because so many resources are being pumped into Ancients and even the Ancients are releasing unfinished and wayyyyy buggier than they should be.

btw this thread is going to get locked so everyone who sees this: go to Contact Us and send a ticket in saying as much.

I love this site. That makes it hurt so much more when I see it suffering because of this very fixable crunch issue.

If FR wants to keep a small team, fair enough. Just please only do as much work as you can handle. Quality over quantity makes a long-lived, well-loved, and well-remembered game.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@DeathbyPixelz Oh i’m sure this post will get locked, I’m going to send it in via the contact us form after it does but I felt the suggestions forums was more immediate since it’s apparently coming out on Wednesday.
@DeathbyPixelz Oh i’m sure this post will get locked, I’m going to send it in via the contact us form after it does but I felt the suggestions forums was more immediate since it’s apparently coming out on Wednesday.
92280712.png90501452.png82942286.png83686183.png89796725.png
[quote name="brightmeadow" date="2024-04-15 13:56:42" ] @/DeathbyPixelz Oh i’m sure this post will get locked, I’m going to send it in via the contact us form after it does but I felt the suggestions forums was more immediate since it’s apparently coming out on Wednesday. [/quote] Yeah I get it, I usually post these things in Suggestions too because it does feel so much more immediate jdshbf Figured I'd drop the link anyway for any lurkers or whatever.
brightmeadow wrote on 2024-04-15 13:56:42:
@/DeathbyPixelz Oh i’m sure this post will get locked, I’m going to send it in via the contact us form after it does but I felt the suggestions forums was more immediate since it’s apparently coming out on Wednesday.

Yeah I get it, I usually post these things in Suggestions too because it does feel so much more immediate jdshbf Figured I'd drop the link anyway for any lurkers or whatever.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
Support!! I would gladly wait for the new ancient if it takes them another 5 months, maybe more if they want to release it with the Auraboa story fix. The crunch the devs put themselves in is affecting the content and is putting pressure on themselves and that's not healthy. Please take it easy, Flight Rising devs. Take the time for quality instead of pushing for quantity
Support!! I would gladly wait for the new ancient if it takes them another 5 months, maybe more if they want to release it with the Auraboa story fix. The crunch the devs put themselves in is affecting the content and is putting pressure on themselves and that's not healthy. Please take it easy, Flight Rising devs. Take the time for quality instead of pushing for quantity
Big support, it’s not The solution to release them incomplete. they should seriously consider quality over quantity
Big support, it’s not The solution to release them incomplete. they should seriously consider quality over quantity
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
So much support! I remember them having something about an anti-crunch rule, and it seems they're breaking their backs by ignore it. Please take care of yourselves, staff. We don't need new Ancients every other month ( or so it feels ), all we ask for is quality, not quantity. Don't rush what you feel isn't ready yet.
So much support! I remember them having something about an anti-crunch rule, and it seems they're breaking their backs by ignore it. Please take care of yourselves, staff. We don't need new Ancients every other month ( or so it feels ), all we ask for is quality, not quantity. Don't rush what you feel isn't ready yet.
Tj9jm0X.png bwFw21K.png uJgX9G9.png 4ogWlJU.png
ELWEhez.png
yUgY90m.png
xp0Pzju.png
bhlBVAO.png
ymF86gg.png
I consider lore and art to be separate from each other with different workflows. They probably had a setback with the Auraboa lore, so I can see why this ended up happening. For the art side, it’s probably difficult to catch every error so it’s probably going to end up feeling incomplete. But I would like to see more time in between these releases, so that they can take more time as needed which can help out with clearing out gene-wide errors. I expect specific colors to be more difficult to find.
I consider lore and art to be separate from each other with different workflows. They probably had a setback with the Auraboa lore, so I can see why this ended up happening. For the art side, it’s probably difficult to catch every error so it’s probably going to end up feeling incomplete. But I would like to see more time in between these releases, so that they can take more time as needed which can help out with clearing out gene-wide errors. I expect specific colors to be more difficult to find.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I just want to really emphasize that they are knowingly releasing an unfinished feature when the site is already so far behind in terms of accessibility and literally just overall quality. Apparel releases have been underwhelming. We have no news on dark mode, or the refactor, or commas in numbers. The most recent and ONLY Beastclans lore update was over a year ago.

Why??????

This isn't the solution!!
I just want to really emphasize that they are knowingly releasing an unfinished feature when the site is already so far behind in terms of accessibility and literally just overall quality. Apparel releases have been underwhelming. We have no news on dark mode, or the refactor, or commas in numbers. The most recent and ONLY Beastclans lore update was over a year ago.

Why??????

This isn't the solution!!
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
The fact that a community has been actively begging developers to slow down on releasing new content (and has been for months, at least) is really quite telling.

Granted, I don't have any hope we can change their minds, no matter how we tell them. Every user on the site could send in a plea to not release it and they'd still release it in all its half-finiahed glory. And then scramble to fix it. And then have it still not be fixed by the time the next ancient releases. On and on.
It's unfathomable. There's simply no benefit to doing this. Why?
The fact that a community has been actively begging developers to slow down on releasing new content (and has been for months, at least) is really quite telling.

Granted, I don't have any hope we can change their minds, no matter how we tell them. Every user on the site could send in a plea to not release it and they'd still release it in all its half-finiahed glory. And then scramble to fix it. And then have it still not be fixed by the time the next ancient releases. On and on.
It's unfathomable. There's simply no benefit to doing this. Why?
1 2 3 4 5 6