Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Release ancient later with finished lore
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="DeathbyPixelz" date="2024-04-15 14:20:10" ] I just want to really emphasize that they are knowingly releasing an unfinished feature when the site is already so far behind in terms of accessibility and literally just overall quality. Apparel releases have been underwhelming. We have no news on dark mode, or the refactor, or commas in numbers. The most recent and ONLY Beastclans lore update was over a year ago. Why?????? This isn't the solution!! [/quote] I am under the impression that the Ancient work is done in parallel to the other features on the site and shouldn't be impacting any other development.
DeathbyPixelz wrote on 2024-04-15 14:20:10:
I just want to really emphasize that they are knowingly releasing an unfinished feature when the site is already so far behind in terms of accessibility and literally just overall quality. Apparel releases have been underwhelming. We have no news on dark mode, or the refactor, or commas in numbers. The most recent and ONLY Beastclans lore update was over a year ago.

Why??????

This isn't the solution!!

I am under the impression that the Ancient work is done in parallel to the other features on the site and shouldn't be impacting any other development.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
I said this in the other thread but big agree with this. Please FR I'm tired, we can slow down...
I said this in the other thread but big agree with this. Please FR I'm tired, we can slow down...
Veridian Brewing Co Gladeveins Battle Guild Blossom Buddies Adopts Pride Phrogs! They/them
He/him
Neurodivergent
American
FR time +0
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-04-15 14:47:42" ] Maybe staff does need the money from us buying new genes and the likes to keep the site running. Inflation might be hitting them too and maybe they need the income *now*. Maybe they can't postpone. Nothing is more of a moneymaker than new gem genes, after all. So, if they need an influx of money *now*, maybe it's better to release the new breed sooner rather than later? Staff needs to release content that gives them money, sadly. And nothing is more profitable than a new breed. [/quote] If this was the issue, I dont think releasing a new breed is the way to solve it. FR staff could do a number of other things if they need a boost of funds. They could recirculate the limited items (such as wildclaw scrolls and the cycled gem apparel) and maybe even have a gem sale. Or do a Gem Marketplace sale. I imagine thatd spark the community to finish off projects and buy gems. Or they could even recolour a few pieces of apparel that the comminity has been begging for and make em gem marketplace. Theres a lot of options to take if thats the issue, and a rushed breed release isnt one of em imo Aside from that, big support. FR staff seems to constantly be running and stressing themselves to meet a self afflicted deadline. I'd rather wait for awhile and go on a semi-hiatus to recieve amazing quality updates to the site than have a rushed update that stresses out the staff and makes updates even more sparse and rushed...
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-04-15 14:47:42:
Maybe staff does need the money from us buying new genes and the likes to keep the site running. Inflation might be hitting them too and maybe they need the income *now*. Maybe they can't postpone.

Nothing is more of a moneymaker than new gem genes, after all. So, if they need an influx of money *now*, maybe it's better to release the new breed sooner rather than later?

Staff needs to release content that gives them money, sadly. And nothing is more profitable than a new breed.

If this was the issue, I dont think releasing a new breed is the way to solve it. FR staff could do a number of other things if they need a boost of funds. They could recirculate the limited items (such as wildclaw scrolls and the cycled gem apparel) and maybe even have a gem sale. Or do a Gem Marketplace sale. I imagine thatd spark the community to finish off projects and buy gems. Or they could even recolour a few pieces of apparel that the comminity has been begging for and make em gem marketplace. Theres a lot of options to take if thats the issue, and a rushed breed release isnt one of em imo

Aside from that, big support. FR staff seems to constantly be running and stressing themselves to meet a self afflicted deadline. I'd rather wait for awhile and go on a semi-hiatus to recieve amazing quality updates to the site than have a rushed update that stresses out the staff and makes updates even more sparse and rushed...
tumblr_psu07vDe6C1wogl4wo1_100.png - She/They/It | Hy/Hymn/Hymnself -
- Adult | Sagittarius | G1 Lover -
- "we go where no one goes" -
Support! It’s getting to be very overwhelming, perhaps on both sides.
Support! It’s getting to be very overwhelming, perhaps on both sides.
I agree. As I've said elsewhere, we have a very finite number of nests. I feel as if by the time I purchase a male and female of Current Ancient to breed and then breed them twice, the Next New Thing is out, and I have to figure out who to put in the HibDen.
I agree. As I've said elsewhere, we have a very finite number of nests. I feel as if by the time I purchase a male and female of Current Ancient to breed and then breed them twice, the Next New Thing is out, and I have to figure out who to put in the HibDen.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
support as well! Releasing things unfinished feels rushed and it feels like there's no time to settle into the last ancients.
support as well! Releasing things unfinished feels rushed and it feels like there's no time to settle into the last ancients.
Support, reluctantly.

I want them to fix the bugs in the other ancients and their genes before we move on to just another new thing.
Support, reluctantly.

I want them to fix the bugs in the other ancients and their genes before we move on to just another new thing.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
Slow down on Ancient releases for sure.

And for better allocation of time and monetary resources (they talked about hiring editors and sensitivity readers in one of the updates if I'm remembering correctly), as well as to improve community cohesion, scrap all lore all together.

If the lore is too much stress and too much effort for the devs it's not worth it, and every update to the lore, every short story, every change, seems to make a good number of the user base in some way.

Because I remember after the Beastclans the devs actually went so far as to warn users, that while it was a good thing to report item descriptions and site information that contained references to the old lore, people shouldn't report people who had lore for their lairs and dragons that used the old lore. If they don't trust us to not turn on each other and micro-mod over flavor text than we don't deserve it.

EDIT: Because I feel like the site would be better served by bringing on more artists, coders and people to work on gene errors that it'd be served by editors and authors for the lore.
Slow down on Ancient releases for sure.

And for better allocation of time and monetary resources (they talked about hiring editors and sensitivity readers in one of the updates if I'm remembering correctly), as well as to improve community cohesion, scrap all lore all together.

If the lore is too much stress and too much effort for the devs it's not worth it, and every update to the lore, every short story, every change, seems to make a good number of the user base in some way.

Because I remember after the Beastclans the devs actually went so far as to warn users, that while it was a good thing to report item descriptions and site information that contained references to the old lore, people shouldn't report people who had lore for their lairs and dragons that used the old lore. If they don't trust us to not turn on each other and micro-mod over flavor text than we don't deserve it.

EDIT: Because I feel like the site would be better served by bringing on more artists, coders and people to work on gene errors that it'd be served by editors and authors for the lore.
all of the above. multiple choice answer test? this.
all of the above. multiple choice answer test? this.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
[quote name="JLinaria" date="2024-04-15 15:23:31" ] I got this theory that the devs have an update planned for the 2025 anniversary that needs the initial 11 Ancient breeds to all have been released, so I'm thinking Ancients 10 and 11 will release around September and February respectively, leaving a few months before the big new thing. Assuming that theory is correct, then slowing down releases isn't really an option right now. Once all elements have their first Ancient I'd expect the pace of breed releases to slow down and allow for "complete" releases, but for now I don't have an issue with the short stories being made non-mandatory. [/quote] Seconding this!! The gap didn't surprise me since we knew there'd be 2 ancients released this year; April/May makes sense so we can have Sept/Oct and then Feb/Mar for the last. I also get the feeling it's going to be a big wait between breeds after the 11 ancients (and maybe 12th or something else at 2025's anni). Looking at it from a big picture standpoint, I'm not opposed to them moving "fast" on ancients, because it seems like something that needs the breeds to be through and done with in order to move forward on other facets. more generally, the "overwhelmed" aspect is something I don't really think is relevant when it comes to ancient releases. There's no pre-determined amount of time it should take to "get used" to any one breed, and even if there was, it'd be incredibly user-specific. If 3 months is enough time for someone else, another person might prefer a year. It's not really a fair measurement to expect FR staff to adhere to, because it doesn't really exist.
JLinaria wrote on 2024-04-15 15:23:31:
I got this theory that the devs have an update planned for the 2025 anniversary that needs the initial 11 Ancient breeds to all have been released, so I'm thinking Ancients 10 and 11 will release around September and February respectively, leaving a few months before the big new thing.
Assuming that theory is correct, then slowing down releases isn't really an option right now.

Once all elements have their first Ancient I'd expect the pace of breed releases to slow down and allow for "complete" releases, but for now I don't have an issue with the short stories being made non-mandatory.

Seconding this!! The gap didn't surprise me since we knew there'd be 2 ancients released this year; April/May makes sense so we can have Sept/Oct and then Feb/Mar for the last. I also get the feeling it's going to be a big wait between breeds after the 11 ancients (and maybe 12th or something else at 2025's anni). Looking at it from a big picture standpoint, I'm not opposed to them moving "fast" on ancients, because it seems like something that needs the breeds to be through and done with in order to move forward on other facets.

more generally, the "overwhelmed" aspect is something I don't really think is relevant when it comes to ancient releases. There's no pre-determined amount of time it should take to "get used" to any one breed, and even if there was, it'd be incredibly user-specific. If 3 months is enough time for someone else, another person might prefer a year. It's not really a fair measurement to expect FR staff to adhere to, because it doesn't really exist.

Al1BEGR.png
nWiQNX9.png
rix3ppo.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
jt3PpxV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6