Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | where do you write your derg bios?
1 2
i write my derg bios straight from their page, which uhm, probably isn't good considering a multitude of things if the site goes down for maintenance then that's goodbye to 2+ hours worth of derg lore but it's the only way i get motivated enough to write them down at all... plus, no hassle of checking if the code works since i can just click save and i'll know if i messed up or not.
anyways, do you guys write down lore elsewhere first?
i write my derg bios straight from their page, which uhm, probably isn't good considering a multitude of things if the site goes down for maintenance then that's goodbye to 2+ hours worth of derg lore but it's the only way i get motivated enough to write them down at all... plus, no hassle of checking if the code works since i can just click save and i'll know if i messed up or not.
anyways, do you guys write down lore elsewhere first?
I cooka da pizza!
He/She
YtTJqkQ.gif
I write it straight on the page, but I'm nervous about losing my work so I often save every few sentences, sometimes mid-sentence or in the middle of a paragraph.
I write it straight on the page, but I'm nervous about losing my work so I often save every few sentences, sometimes mid-sentence or in the middle of a paragraph.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I actually write them only in the bio section on their page - though a lot of my dergs are missing lore because I am too lazy to write it down (and I'm uncreative so no ideas). I had considered making TH profiles for them all but that would take too much time and I'd rather spend all of my energy scrolling instead pfft

If I do end up losing any lore whilst I'm working on it though I may start storing them somewhere else as well for backup reasons but so far I've not had this issue
I actually write them only in the bio section on their page - though a lot of my dergs are missing lore because I am too lazy to write it down (and I'm uncreative so no ideas). I had considered making TH profiles for them all but that would take too much time and I'd rather spend all of my energy scrolling instead pfft

If I do end up losing any lore whilst I'm working on it though I may start storing them somewhere else as well for backup reasons but so far I've not had this issue
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
I have the bio formatting that I'm planning to use over in google docs, but all of my actual lore planning/writing is done through Campfire. None of it has been migrated over into my actual dragon bios yet, 'cause it's very much a WIP, but it's nicely organized there and I can keep a lot of different reference pages for different things and easily click between that and whichever dragon I feel like working on. It works for me since I had Campfire already.
I have the bio formatting that I'm planning to use over in google docs, but all of my actual lore planning/writing is done through Campfire. None of it has been migrated over into my actual dragon bios yet, 'cause it's very much a WIP, but it's nicely organized there and I can keep a lot of different reference pages for different things and easily click between that and whichever dragon I feel like working on. It works for me since I had Campfire already.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I tend to write them directly in the dragon's bio. So far I haven't had any issues with losing it but I've heard some people who have.

It probably helps that most planned maintenance happens while I'm at work and can't sit and type bios while their rollover time is when I'm asleep.
I tend to write them directly in the dragon's bio. So far I haven't had any issues with losing it but I've heard some people who have.

It probably helps that most planned maintenance happens while I'm at work and can't sit and type bios while their rollover time is when I'm asleep.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Because I'm usually coding the bio at the same time it's in the forums and I often put all the coding and stuff into word frequently so I don't lose it.
Because I'm usually coding the bio at the same time it's in the forums and I often put all the coding and stuff into word frequently so I don't lose it.
in7SefG.png
just straight into the bio. I used to have a problem where the page would freeze completely and I'd lose all my progress(mostly whenever an ad was visible on the page) so I originally saved every couple of paragraphs or sthm.

Nowadays, I still kinda do that, but I write for longer times without saving.
just straight into the bio. I used to have a problem where the page would freeze completely and I'd lose all my progress(mostly whenever an ad was visible on the page) so I originally saved every couple of paragraphs or sthm.

Nowadays, I still kinda do that, but I write for longer times without saving.
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
I write directly in their on-site bios, but sometimes (if I remember to), I back them up on to doc files on my computer
I write directly in their on-site bios, but sometimes (if I remember to), I back them up on to doc files on my computer
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the neck up with pink feathers.
Yeah I write mine directly into the bio also so that I can save and make tiny edits to get it looking exactly right. I guess I probably should save them somewhere else too just in case lol
Yeah I write mine directly into the bio also so that I can save and make tiny edits to get it looking exactly right. I guess I probably should save them somewhere else too just in case lol
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
I write in Google Docs, I'm way too forgetful to manually save every paragraph or so. Google Docs is a lifesaver for me because it auto-saves.
I write in Google Docs, I'm way too forgetful to manually save every paragraph or so. Google Docs is a lifesaver for me because it auto-saves.
VX2x7ng.png
1 2