Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | pretty pink mums
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support. It's good to have valuable, rare items, but mums and sand creepers are on the side of the spectrum where it's just not fun to have to need them to complete your dragon. All it does it make me avoid scrying blossom, which sucks because it's a beautiful gene.
Support. It's good to have valuable, rare items, but mums and sand creepers are on the side of the spectrum where it's just not fun to have to need them to complete your dragon. All it does it make me avoid scrying blossom, which sucks because it's a beautiful gene.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I think the droprate for mums is fine, given that after a certain point you'll have very little else to use gathering turns for, but I wouldn't mind them being a rare drop somewhere in the coli. Blooming Grove seems like the more obvious candidate since it's a flower and you'd have to grind there for petals anyway, but i'm not strictly against them being in a higher level venue just please not a lv25 venue for the love of god
I think the droprate for mums is fine, given that after a certain point you'll have very little else to use gathering turns for, but I wouldn't mind them being a rare drop somewhere in the coli. Blooming Grove seems like the more obvious candidate since it's a flower and you'd have to grind there for petals anyway, but i'm not strictly against them being in a higher level venue just please not a lv25 venue for the love of god
I think gathering should be revamped to make levels more rewarding than adding to the pool which makes these items arbitrary harder.

Kinda neutral on the Coliseum side. It can help with the current Gathering problem. I just think the Gathering revamp on these levels should be considered first before considering the Coliseum.
I think gathering should be revamped to make levels more rewarding than adding to the pool which makes these items arbitrary harder.

Kinda neutral on the Coliseum side. It can help with the current Gathering problem. I just think the Gathering revamp on these levels should be considered first before considering the Coliseum.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
My goal is to get two parchments for Blossom, so I can have them ready to put on a pair eventually.

I've been dumping all of my turns into Foraging for probably ~2 months.

I'm only halfway to my first parchment.

This isn't 'wow rare item better grind hard for it.' This is 'wow rare item better hope RNG is on your side 'cause nothing you can do will improve the odds.'

I'd MUCH rather have a means to tangibly progress instead of just throwing away my gathering turns every day to get nothing in exchange - because plant food type is pretty useless to me. I have more than my dragons could ever possibly eat- it's just getting hoard sold. If it's a rare drop in the coli like the black tulips, that would be amazing. Just give us some way to feel like we're progressing and not just spinning our wheels on these things.
My goal is to get two parchments for Blossom, so I can have them ready to put on a pair eventually.

This isn't 'wow rare item better grind hard for it.' This is 'wow rare item better hope RNG is on your side 'cause nothing you can do will improve the odds.'

I'd MUCH rather have a means to tangibly progress instead of just throwing away my gathering turns every day to get nothing in exchange - because plant food type is pretty useless to me. I have more than my dragons could ever possibly eat- it's just getting hoard sold. If it's a rare drop in the coli like the black tulips, that would be amazing. Just give us some way to feel like we're progressing and not just spinning our wheels on these things.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-04-09 20:48:03" ] My goal is to get two parchments for Blossom, so I can have them ready to put on a pair eventually. I've been dumping all of my turns into Foraging for probably ~2 months. I'm only halfway to my first parchment. This isn't 'wow rare item better grind hard for it.' This is 'wow rare item better hope RNG is on your side 'cause nothing you can do will improve the odds.' I'd MUCH rather have a means to tangibly progress instead of just throwing away my gathering turns every day to get nothing in exchange - because plant food type is pretty useless to me. I have more than my dragons could ever possibly eat- it's just getting hoard sold. If it's a rare drop in the coli like the black tulips, that would be amazing. Just give us some way to feel like we're progressing and not just spinning our wheels on these things. [/quote] this is pretty much where I'm at. the more you level up, the more items get added to the pool of possibilities so leveling up doesn't do much to help increase those odds, it just unlocks the sole requirement to have access to the item. there's nothing wrong with having long-term goals to work towards, but having to rely so heavily on the rng that has an upper limit of chances a day takes a [i]lot[/i] of the enjoyment out of that process and especially when you have to put so much time into getting your level that high to begin with I'm ambivalent to this suggestion, because like I said it's a good thing to have longer-term goals and there's probably a very fine balance this ingredient's rarity is a factor in that coli would majorly throw off, but as more breeds get access to blossom, and when the chances of getting a specific swipp trade are already such a drop in the bucket, I'd like to see something else perhaps be done to help make this gene even just the tiniest bit easier to get for the average user. whether that be increasing the drop rate by even the tiniest percent, or widening swipp's trade pools, or whatever else sounds good
Senya wrote on 2024-04-09 20:48:03:

this is pretty much where I'm at. the more you level up, the more items get added to the pool of possibilities so leveling up doesn't do much to help increase those odds, it just unlocks the sole requirement to have access to the item. there's nothing wrong with having long-term goals to work towards, but having to rely so heavily on the rng that has an upper limit of chances a day takes a lot of the enjoyment out of that process and especially when you have to put so much time into getting your level that high to begin with

I'm ambivalent to this suggestion, because like I said it's a good thing to have longer-term goals and there's probably a very fine balance this ingredient's rarity is a factor in that coli would majorly throw off, but as more breeds get access to blossom, and when the chances of getting a specific swipp trade are already such a drop in the bucket, I'd like to see something else perhaps be done to help make this gene even just the tiniest bit easier to get for the average user. whether that be increasing the drop rate by even the tiniest percent, or widening swipp's trade pools, or whatever else sounds good
i think the gathering needs to be rebalanced some, it hasn't be adjusted in years and it's a huge source of complaint in regards to food as well as crafting
i think the gathering needs to be rebalanced some, it hasn't be adjusted in years and it's a huge source of complaint in regards to food as well as crafting
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-04-10 04:37:43" ] i think the gathering needs to be rebalanced some, it hasn't be adjusted in years and it's a huge source of complaint in regards to food as well as crafting [/quote] This, this I can agree with. So yet again, support for a Gathering revamp.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-04-10 04:37:43:
This, this I can agree with. So yet again, support for a Gathering revamp.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'm okay with them getting introduced as a coli drop as long as they remain actually rare, I think rare items are a good thing and it's okay for things to take a while to obtain, but a tiny boost for people who want to take the time grinding for them would be fine. However, I think a gathering revamp that makes high leveled items more likely to drop overall would be more beneficial then just boosting one singular items drop rate by adding it to the coliseum
I'm okay with them getting introduced as a coli drop as long as they remain actually rare, I think rare items are a good thing and it's okay for things to take a while to obtain, but a tiny boost for people who want to take the time grinding for them would be fine. However, I think a gathering revamp that makes high leveled items more likely to drop overall would be more beneficial then just boosting one singular items drop rate by adding it to the coliseum
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
I think this says more about the gathering system as a whole being outdated and in desperate need of change than the need for this item to be added to a pool that's more consistent. Gathering, as it stands, does way more to penalize the player as they gain levels rather than benefit them. As a result, we get items like this that feel impossibly rare when they really shouldn't be.

I don't support making more items like these drop in the Coliseum because it's not the item's rarity that's the problem. The item itself doesn't need adjustment or distribution elsewhere. The gathering system just desperately needs a revamp, so I support a gathering revamp.
I think this says more about the gathering system as a whole being outdated and in desperate need of change than the need for this item to be added to a pool that's more consistent. Gathering, as it stands, does way more to penalize the player as they gain levels rather than benefit them. As a result, we get items like this that feel impossibly rare when they really shouldn't be.

I don't support making more items like these drop in the Coliseum because it's not the item's rarity that's the problem. The item itself doesn't need adjustment or distribution elsewhere. The gathering system just desperately needs a revamp, so I support a gathering revamp.
I am having this problem with the dryad's saddle. I pretty much dislike having to see guides that say Water Foraging drops it more times than other places to see appearing it once every three foragings with numbers ranging between 1-3. I don't believe, though, it should be added on the coliseum because that might mean it will end like the Bat Wings that also appear fairly never, plus playing the Coli is a chore. I believe we should be able to exchange items or have thefacility tocreate them with some new store or something, but I don't relaly think that adding this items in Coli is a good idea.
I am having this problem with the dryad's saddle. I pretty much dislike having to see guides that say Water Foraging drops it more times than other places to see appearing it once every three foragings with numbers ranging between 1-3. I don't believe, though, it should be added on the coliseum because that might mean it will end like the Bat Wings that also appear fairly never, plus playing the Coli is a chore. I believe we should be able to exchange items or have thefacility tocreate them with some new store or something, but I don't relaly think that adding this items in Coli is a good idea.
19574.png
1 2 3 4 5 6