Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | pretty pink mums
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="snackeater" date="2024-04-26 20:10:50" ] [quote name="elysse" date="2024-04-26 13:13:32" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/xAJ3h4g.png[/img] Something is broken (imho) and needs to be fixed. [/quote] yeah this is insane. the LAH for mums more than doubled too since dusties were released. having things be rare is one thing but having a swipp gene be worth more than wildclaw/coatl scroll makes no sense [/quote] That's because Blossom is a popular gene and people are buying up the normally-priced genes the moment they're listed. It's a new breed, and this sort of thing can be seen with any popular gene released for a new breed, especially if the breed is at all popular. Like Zenzic said, they'll return to normal at a later date. Using current values isn't going to be an accurate indicator until things die down.
snackeater wrote on 2024-04-26 20:10:50:
elysse wrote on 2024-04-26 13:13:32:
xAJ3h4g.png

Something is broken (imho) and needs to be fixed.
yeah this is insane. the LAH for mums more than doubled too since dusties were released. having things be rare is one thing but having a swipp gene be worth more than wildclaw/coatl scroll makes no sense

That's because Blossom is a popular gene and people are buying up the normally-priced genes the moment they're listed. It's a new breed, and this sort of thing can be seen with any popular gene released for a new breed, especially if the breed is at all popular. Like Zenzic said, they'll return to normal at a later date. Using current values isn't going to be an accurate indicator until things die down.
Yeah no full support for this, I'm struggling to even get to to the level for them because I need to use gathering turns in other areas (especially digging for festivals) and plants are hands down my least used food so it's just a waste of turns all the time that I could be using for something more useful to me. Honestly gathering really really needs a rework of some sort.
Yeah no full support for this, I'm struggling to even get to to the level for them because I need to use gathering turns in other areas (especially digging for festivals) and plants are hands down my least used food so it's just a waste of turns all the time that I could be using for something more useful to me. Honestly gathering really really needs a rework of some sort.
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
Gathering itself being a terrible system is definitely a huge factor in the issue - but in all honesty, how far off is a complete revamp of gathering? Should we continue to have this uphill battle just because it's a gathering issue, not a rarity issue, for a completely unknowable amount of time that could potentially get worse as more breeds get more parallel genes (with Blossom being a big possibility due to it being extremely popular which further contributes to the whole scarcity issue)?

I think if the possibility of gathering having a revamp is still a year or more out, while multiple Ancients will continue to get genes in that time, then they definitely need to add another way to obtain mums. A rare drop in the coli seems completely logical to me. Just add it in as a very rare drop to an enemy from the Blooming Grove, giving players a goal they can realistically pursue isn't a bad thing.
Like rarity isn't in of itself bad, because again players need and like having goals that take hard work. But this isn't "hard work". It's LUCK. And luck is notoriously extremely unfair. Now, Coli might still rely on RNG, but players still have to engage the game more than hoping the free item button actually does something. They still need to train up dragons and successfully win battles.
Gathering itself being a terrible system is definitely a huge factor in the issue - but in all honesty, how far off is a complete revamp of gathering? Should we continue to have this uphill battle just because it's a gathering issue, not a rarity issue, for a completely unknowable amount of time that could potentially get worse as more breeds get more parallel genes (with Blossom being a big possibility due to it being extremely popular which further contributes to the whole scarcity issue)?

I think if the possibility of gathering having a revamp is still a year or more out, while multiple Ancients will continue to get genes in that time, then they definitely need to add another way to obtain mums. A rare drop in the coli seems completely logical to me. Just add it in as a very rare drop to an enemy from the Blooming Grove, giving players a goal they can realistically pursue isn't a bad thing.
Like rarity isn't in of itself bad, because again players need and like having goals that take hard work. But this isn't "hard work". It's LUCK. And luck is notoriously extremely unfair. Now, Coli might still rely on RNG, but players still have to engage the game more than hoping the free item button actually does something. They still need to train up dragons and successfully win battles.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I just think they're not accessible at all. The LAH I saw pre-Dusthide was 1.4kG, I seriously doubt it'll quite return to that since it's more versatile now and can be used on 3 breeds. That's still more expensive than a gem tert. Will people suddenly stop being interested in Blossom/can we actually expect it'll return to "normal" LAH? Edited to add: what if it just gets worse, like Blossom is ported to other Ancients or Moderns?

It has always taken literal months to gather enough mums and brew Blossom without resorting to buying on AH. I always thought it was totally broken since it was released. I can't think of a single time it seemed "reasonably" priced on AH (by reasonable I mean 'affordable'; not exorbitant). Something a little more "affordable" for users with daily 75,000 fairgrounds treasure would be like 0.6-0.8kG, but I've never seen it that cheap. I get collecting mums is a game, but it's not fun at all.

Disclaimer: imho, edited phrasing

I just think they're not accessible at all. The LAH I saw pre-Dusthide was 1.4kG, I seriously doubt it'll quite return to that since it's more versatile now and can be used on 3 breeds. That's still more expensive than a gem tert. Will people suddenly stop being interested in Blossom/can we actually expect it'll return to "normal" LAH? Edited to add: what if it just gets worse, like Blossom is ported to other Ancients or Moderns?

It has always taken literal months to gather enough mums and brew Blossom without resorting to buying on AH. I always thought it was totally broken since it was released. I can't think of a single time it seemed "reasonably" priced on AH (by reasonable I mean 'affordable'; not exorbitant). Something a little more "affordable" for users with daily 75,000 fairgrounds treasure would be like 0.6-0.8kG, but I've never seen it that cheap. I get collecting mums is a game, but it's not fun at all.

Disclaimer: imho, edited phrasing

I will jump onto the Gathering Revamp bandwagon. And it isn't just rare, needed items getting lost in the ever-widening pool of items. Common items are diluted as well. I had a bear of a time trying to find simple copper ores last festivals. I feel ores and gravel should be reconsidered due to an increase demand for those items. If not a gathering revamp, then something like a "smash a rich ore for two common ores" feature. There's also the on-going issue of repeatedly getting a single 2 or 3 point food item--or even getting a familiar instead of food. IMHO, familiars should be a separate pull all together, much like treasure chests--then they're a bonus, not taking away from nom-noms the dragons need.

But yeah, something needs to be done to stop the diluting of gathering items. I mean, for me, even converting food into points is a long and tedious process as I don't want to convert all my pharaoh ants (for example)--I want to keep some for Crim trades. Plus, I can't just "Select All - Convert" because I don't want to convert Swipp, Baldwin, or Den items. So with an ever-increasing gathering pool, converting those items becomes even more tedious.

I feel for the pink mum people, I really do. While it can be nice to get a mum and sell it for sweet dragon bucks, the whole gathering system is just a mess right now.
I will jump onto the Gathering Revamp bandwagon. And it isn't just rare, needed items getting lost in the ever-widening pool of items. Common items are diluted as well. I had a bear of a time trying to find simple copper ores last festivals. I feel ores and gravel should be reconsidered due to an increase demand for those items. If not a gathering revamp, then something like a "smash a rich ore for two common ores" feature. There's also the on-going issue of repeatedly getting a single 2 or 3 point food item--or even getting a familiar instead of food. IMHO, familiars should be a separate pull all together, much like treasure chests--then they're a bonus, not taking away from nom-noms the dragons need.

But yeah, something needs to be done to stop the diluting of gathering items. I mean, for me, even converting food into points is a long and tedious process as I don't want to convert all my pharaoh ants (for example)--I want to keep some for Crim trades. Plus, I can't just "Select All - Convert" because I don't want to convert Swipp, Baldwin, or Den items. So with an ever-increasing gathering pool, converting those items becomes even more tedious.

I feel for the pink mum people, I really do. While it can be nice to get a mum and sell it for sweet dragon bucks, the whole gathering system is just a mess right now.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support. something needs to be fixed here- no swipp item should be this excruciatingly rare, ESPECIALLY FOR AN ANCIENT GENE. Let them drop from coli, and fix their foraging rates.
Support. something needs to be fixed here- no swipp item should be this excruciatingly rare, ESPECIALLY FOR AN ANCIENT GENE. Let them drop from coli, and fix their foraging rates.
Support the LAH for the gene is insane
Support the LAH for the gene is insane
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
Support for the gathering revamp! Back when I saw the Blossom gene's LAH there were only TWO genes and one of them was 10,000, while the other wasn't far behind in price. I can understand the appeal of rare items that feel like a reward, but getting even ONE of the mums is tedious and it doesn't feel rewarding. And again, a gene like this costing LEAGUES more than sought-after gem genes is... quite concerning.
Support for the gathering revamp! Back when I saw the Blossom gene's LAH there were only TWO genes and one of them was 10,000, while the other wasn't far behind in price. I can understand the appeal of rare items that feel like a reward, but getting even ONE of the mums is tedious and it doesn't feel rewarding. And again, a gene like this costing LEAGUES more than sought-after gem genes is... quite concerning.
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
Support. I've been trying to get blossom for months and the Mums are proving to be hell to get, skinks as well, ive been trying to get them to brew the familiars since i started playing and i don't even have enough for one.
Support. I've been trying to get blossom for months and the Mums are proving to be hell to get, skinks as well, ive been trying to get them to brew the familiars since i started playing and i don't even have enough for one.
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BzjAkuF.png
a69iToJ.png
79991902.png 33016095.png 88027890.png 81385343.png
Support too
Support too
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]
FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png
94445423p.png91705164p.png90699367p.png94371325p.png93646973p.png90180128p.png

aura • straight • cis female • engaged • calm • friendly • silly • happy • poetic
02-IIMjz-EYx-M8.pngtfi-LZk8-Jw-YA5.pngN3pp-Tuc-Bib-NT.pngt-UDfq-Mi8jmg8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8