Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Killers in the Clan (waitlist open!)
1 2 ... 434 435 436 437 438 ... 444 445
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86272887][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/862729/86272887.png[/img][/url] [font=century gothic][size=5] Shade [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] any pronouns[/size] [size=4]interacting with: absolute nothing but pain (at Aren's house, open)[/center] ----- [font=century gothic][size=4]Something was wrong. Something was [i]very[/i] wrong. It started with their rest being disturbed not by the crack of light filtering through the shabby windows of their new abode, but a series of frantic, almost distressed meows. Shade turned their head and locked eyes with the icy feline that had been sent their way a few days ago - their only company in this painful existence. The cat was pawing at their resting place, clearly beckoning them to follow. The apparition trails it to the front door, where it became apparent that not one, not two, but a whole group of at least ten cats were gathered, meowing in unison once they notice Shade's approach. Just as they feared, the little critters wanted them [i]out[/i] of the house. Leaving an abode, or even a room they were confined to was never a pleasant thing for them - they only tolerated the most minor of movements when it was unavoidable, or when they were forced to flee from anyone seeking to remove them via unpleasant means. But, then again, the cats have done nothing wrong to Shade, and in fact, the Snowsquall Floracat at the lead had simply been pleasurable company to their miserable stay. It was probably the closest to what Shade could describe as a mutual trust - knowing that the cats could see them even while they're invisible, but somehow knowing that they won't mean any harm. Taking a metaphorical deep breath, the ghostly figure materializes just enough to phase through the door, and followed the kitties in tow. When they arrived, Shade almost wished they hadn't. A Wildclaw laid dead on the ground, blood surrounding his now lifeless body, with even more cats sorrowfully echoing his horrible fate. The sight would have made them sick if they were still fully corporeal - but since they weren't, they simply shifted back into being completely invisible, the air around the mansion once belonging to the victim freezing up instantly. The cats nudged them, forcing them to continue onward despite their crippling fear and despair. [i]They failed. They failed. Everyone else failed.[/i] The thoughts echoed in their headspace as their gaze lands on every corner of the mansion, frost starting to gather on the windows as their storm of feelings continued to brew. It didn't take a genius to know what happened. The owner of these cats now laid dead. The owner of these kind creatures who sought Shade out without expecting anything in return, the only ones to keep them company while they hide from everyone else. Even if the cats had been there of their own accord, Shade could deduce that the dragon who lived with them and cared for them this whole time could not be a bad one. He didn't deserve to die. Just like everyone else before him. An unfamiliar switch turned inside of them - a switch that wasn't one of terror, exhaustion or sadness, something that they would normally be scared of. A switch of [i]anger[/i].
86272887.png

Shade any pronouns
interacting with: absolute nothing but pain (at Aren's house, open)

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

It started with their rest being disturbed not by the crack of light filtering through the shabby windows of their new abode, but a series of frantic, almost distressed meows. Shade turned their head and locked eyes with the icy feline that had been sent their way a few days ago - their only company in this painful existence.

The cat was pawing at their resting place, clearly beckoning them to follow. The apparition trails it to the front door, where it became apparent that not one, not two, but a whole group of at least ten cats were gathered, meowing in unison once they notice Shade's approach. Just as they feared, the little critters wanted them out of the house.

Leaving an abode, or even a room they were confined to was never a pleasant thing for them - they only tolerated the most minor of movements when it was unavoidable, or when they were forced to flee from anyone seeking to remove them via unpleasant means. But, then again, the cats have done nothing wrong to Shade, and in fact, the Snowsquall Floracat at the lead had simply been pleasurable company to their miserable stay. It was probably the closest to what Shade could describe as a mutual trust - knowing that the cats could see them even while they're invisible, but somehow knowing that they won't mean any harm.

Taking a metaphorical deep breath, the ghostly figure materializes just enough to phase through the door, and followed the kitties in tow.

When they arrived, Shade almost wished they hadn't.

A Wildclaw laid dead on the ground, blood surrounding his now lifeless body, with even more cats sorrowfully echoing his horrible fate. The sight would have made them sick if they were still fully corporeal - but since they weren't, they simply shifted back into being completely invisible, the air around the mansion once belonging to the victim freezing up instantly.

The cats nudged them, forcing them to continue onward despite their crippling fear and despair. They failed. They failed. Everyone else failed. The thoughts echoed in their headspace as their gaze lands on every corner of the mansion, frost starting to gather on the windows as their storm of feelings continued to brew.

It didn't take a genius to know what happened. The owner of these cats now laid dead. The owner of these kind creatures who sought Shade out without expecting anything in return, the only ones to keep them company while they hide from everyone else. Even if the cats had been there of their own accord, Shade could deduce that the dragon who lived with them and cared for them this whole time could not be a bad one.

He didn't deserve to die. Just like everyone else before him.

An unfamiliar switch turned inside of them - a switch that wasn't one of terror, exhaustion or sadness, something that they would normally be scared of.

A switch of anger.
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=93011560][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/930116/93011560.png[/img][/url] [b][color=#bea55d]T[/color][color=#b49d59] [/color][color=#aa9556]E[/color][color=#a08c52] [/color][color=#96844f]N[/color][color=#8c7c4b] [/color][color=#827448]E[/color][color=#786c44] [/color][color=#6e6441]B[/color][color=#635b3d] [/color][color=#595339]R[/color][color=#4f4b36] [/color][color=#454332]I[/color][color=#3b3b2f] [/color][color=#31322b]E[/color][color=#272a28] [/color][color=#1d2224]L[/color][/b] [i]He/Him[/i] Interacting with: Shade @Storia, Holly @JellyRaven[/center] ----- "Hey Aren wait!" Tenebriel called, but the other Wildclaw was gone like the wind. Like a quick cat? How was he still so fast after having ingested so much catnip? Tenebriel's actions were slow and sluggish, like he was moving through Shadow Flight's thick goop. He cast Cure Wounds, but that didn't do anything. He winced. He lost the Cure Poison Spell a long time ago. He stumbled out of the house, using Detect Magic to make sure there weren't any magical threats around. If the killer struck him now, he would be completely defenseless... A loud wail cut through the haze of his mind. The hairs at the back of his neck stood up. That wasn't normal. It wasn't a dragon scream, nor was it a spirit scream... The [i]thud thud[/i] of the Augite Protector's pawsteps past him down the path ahead told him the answer. Cats. Aren's cats! Tenebriel's blood went cold. He ran, staggering and faltering, after the Augite Protector. That rocky cat rarely left his side. If it did, that would mean something happened. Something did happen. It was a horrible, horrible sight. The Wildclaw he befriended just a few hours ago lay lifeless, crushed by a statue of one of his own beloved deities. In his last moments, he probably still only had his and Tenebriel's safety in mind, not suspecting that he would be killed by a representative of what he loved the most. The other cats, the Augite Protector now amongst them, swarmed around their unmoving servant, howling in pain as if they had been the ones hurt. JinxJou was trying to move the statue away, other cats were trying to help her or trying to figure out why Aren wasn't moving. Tenebriel just stood there. He had barely flinched at the sight of Twizzler's mangled and bloody body, so why did seeing this hurt him so much more? Like someone had reached their claw into his chest and twisted with all their might? Something tapped his leg. It was the Augite Protector. It looked at Aren, then back at Tenebriel. Right. He stepped forward, stumbling, only just managing to stabilise himself before he went crashing down. He placed his claws on the cat statue and tried to push, but the strength just slipped out of his arms. The statue barely budged. The air became unusually cold. Tenebriel looked up and around, but wasn't able to make out any shapes or figures. More cats had arrived, looking intently at a patch of empty air. Tenebriel realised who it could be: Shade, the resident ghost. He glanced at the area she was most likely in, then looked back down at the statue. With some unexpected strength, he shoved the statue away. The sight below it wasn't any better. He tried his best to pick up his fellow Wildclaw, and carry him back into the manor, with the other cats helping him. He left Aren in his room, hoping he could do more for Aren right now, but there was something more important to do. "I'm sorry Aren..." He couldn't even bring himself to look at his friend's body. "I... I will be back. I will solve these murders." He staggered out of the house, calling to Shade, "Can you stay around here for now?" To make sure no one else enters the manor, and to keep Aren's body cool. He hated his former acolyte institution, but if there was someone who could help, it would be them. Turning, he fled back to the shelter. He still had a killer to find and a couple of deaths to avenge. In his catnip-poisoned haze, he stumbled to the room of a dragon he hoped he could trust: Holly. He knocked on her door. "Holly... It's me, Tenebriel..." Before slumping against it, conscious but still weak. ----- Tenebriel votes for [b]Laurent[/b] Edited for pronouns
93011560.png

T E N E B R I E L
He/Him

Interacting with: Shade @Storia, Holly @JellyRaven

"Hey Aren wait!" Tenebriel called, but the other Wildclaw was gone like the wind. Like a quick cat? How was he still so fast after having ingested so much catnip? Tenebriel's actions were slow and sluggish, like he was moving through Shadow Flight's thick goop. He cast Cure Wounds, but that didn't do anything. He winced. He lost the Cure Poison Spell a long time ago.

He stumbled out of the house, using Detect Magic to make sure there weren't any magical threats around. If the killer struck him now, he would be completely defenseless...

A loud wail cut through the haze of his mind. The hairs at the back of his neck stood up. That wasn't normal. It wasn't a dragon scream, nor was it a spirit scream...

The thud thud of the Augite Protector's pawsteps past him down the path ahead told him the answer. Cats.

Aren's cats!

Tenebriel's blood went cold. He ran, staggering and faltering, after the Augite Protector. That rocky cat rarely left his side. If it did, that would mean something happened.

Something did happen.

It was a horrible, horrible sight.

The Wildclaw he befriended just a few hours ago lay lifeless, crushed by a statue of one of his own beloved deities. In his last moments, he probably still only had his and Tenebriel's safety in mind, not suspecting that he would be killed by a representative of what he loved the most. The other cats, the Augite Protector now amongst them, swarmed around their unmoving servant, howling in pain as if they had been the ones hurt. JinxJou was trying to move the statue away, other cats were trying to help her or trying to figure out why Aren wasn't moving.

Tenebriel just stood there. He had barely flinched at the sight of Twizzler's mangled and bloody body, so why did seeing this hurt him so much more? Like someone had reached their claw into his chest and twisted with all their might?

Something tapped his leg. It was the Augite Protector. It looked at Aren, then back at Tenebriel. Right. He stepped forward, stumbling, only just managing to stabilise himself before he went crashing down. He placed his claws on the cat statue and tried to push, but the strength just slipped out of his arms. The statue barely budged.

The air became unusually cold. Tenebriel looked up and around, but wasn't able to make out any shapes or figures. More cats had arrived, looking intently at a patch of empty air. Tenebriel realised who it could be: Shade, the resident ghost. He glanced at the area she was most likely in, then looked back down at the statue.

With some unexpected strength, he shoved the statue away. The sight below it wasn't any better. He tried his best to pick up his fellow Wildclaw, and carry him back into the manor, with the other cats helping him. He left Aren in his room, hoping he could do more for Aren right now, but there was something more important to do.

"I'm sorry Aren..." He couldn't even bring himself to look at his friend's body. "I... I will be back. I will solve these murders."

He staggered out of the house, calling to Shade, "Can you stay around here for now?" To make sure no one else enters the manor, and to keep Aren's body cool. He hated his former acolyte institution, but if there was someone who could help, it would be them.

Turning, he fled back to the shelter. He still had a killer to find and a couple of deaths to avenge. In his catnip-poisoned haze, he stumbled to the room of a dragon he hoped he could trust: Holly.

He knocked on her door. "Holly... It's me, Tenebriel..." Before slumping against it, conscious but still weak.

Tenebriel votes for Laurent

Edited for pronouns
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=86272887][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/862729/86272887.png[/img][/url] [font=century gothic][size=5] Shade [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] any pronouns[/size] [size=4]interacting with: [b]Tenebriel[/b] (@Starwindrider), open[/center] ----- [font=century gothic][size=4]Not long after their arrival, another dragon burst onto the scene - a dragon who held the utmost authority in this area. It was none other than Tenebriel, and the haunted look in his eyes immediately told Shade that they were right - the victim was dearly loved. Perhaps even more deeply than they could comprehend. In their rage, the Wildclaw's sadness seem to cause them to simmer down for a second - they still had a task at hand. The killer wasn't escaping, not today - not anymore. It took a while for them to register that Tenebriel was calling out to them, his eyes staring at the spot where they were hovering, but not quite landing on it. Of course. The little cats around them could see them, but a living dragon wouldn't. On any other day, this gaze would have had them quivering in fear. Instead, a sense of determination fills them. They weren't able to help much, but what little they could do, they'd be damned if they don't even try. [font=candara][b]You have my help.[/b][/font] The apparition scratches the words near where the Wildclaw could see, before he ran off, presumably to get more help. Following his exact orders, Shade then writes out a larger line of words, channeling their freshly felt rage into it. [center][font=candara][b][size=5]LEAVE OR DIE.[/b][/font][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4]That would have to do for now. Tenebriel probably knows Shade was harmless in their current state - it wouldn't do them any good to reveal themself or unleash their emotions without being sure of their target being deserving of it - but the other residents wouldn't. It would hopefully keep any unwanted intruders away. A few cats nudged at Shade again, and they trailed the felines once more into the entrance of the manor. The thought of the Wildclaw's body on the ground made them almost seethe - they could feel the pain of the critters leading them in, the absolute horrific feeling of having someone you love being taken away from you so unfairly. The ghostly figure looks around the now all-too-empty house, realizing that the cats probably want someone, or even just [i]something[/i] here to keep it from getting too desolate. And they were more than willing to comply with this. In a way, maybe this was their master's last wishes. ----- [center][font=century gothic][size=5]Shade votes for [b]Laurent[/b].[/center]
86272887.png

Shade any pronouns
interacting with: Tenebriel (@Starwindrider), open

Not long after their arrival, another dragon burst onto the scene - a dragon who held the utmost authority in this area. It was none other than Tenebriel, and the haunted look in his eyes immediately told Shade that they were right - the victim was dearly loved. Perhaps even more deeply than they could comprehend. In their rage, the Wildclaw's sadness seem to cause them to simmer down for a second - they still had a task at hand. The killer wasn't escaping, not today - not anymore.

It took a while for them to register that Tenebriel was calling out to them, his eyes staring at the spot where they were hovering, but not quite landing on it. Of course. The little cats around them could see them, but a living dragon wouldn't. On any other day, this gaze would have had them quivering in fear. Instead, a sense of determination fills them. They weren't able to help much, but what little they could do, they'd be damned if they don't even try.

You have my help. The apparition scratches the words near where the Wildclaw could see, before he ran off, presumably to get more help. Following his exact orders, Shade then writes out a larger line of words, channeling their freshly felt rage into it.

LEAVE OR DIE.

That would have to do for now. Tenebriel probably knows Shade was harmless in their current state - it wouldn't do them any good to reveal themself or unleash their emotions without being sure of their target being deserving of it - but the other residents wouldn't. It would hopefully keep any unwanted intruders away.

A few cats nudged at Shade again, and they trailed the felines once more into the entrance of the manor. The thought of the Wildclaw's body on the ground made them almost seethe - they could feel the pain of the critters leading them in, the absolute horrific feeling of having someone you love being taken away from you so unfairly. The ghostly figure looks around the now all-too-empty house, realizing that the cats probably want someone, or even just something here to keep it from getting too desolate.

And they were more than willing to comply with this. In a way, maybe this was their master's last wishes.

Shade votes for Laurent.
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
[center][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67510429][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/675105/67510429.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]Holly | She/Her Interacting: Tenebriel @Starwindrider [rule] [left]Holly was up early, praying to the Plague Bringer effigy. "Oh mother of rot, lead me to the killer..." Holding up her hands and wings in a symbolic gesture when she felt a ward she had set up at the entrance of her den go off, telling her someone was there. "Mother! Have you sent them too me?" Rushing up to her entrance and levitating the rock to the side, a certain Wildclaw slumped forward into her arms as she lunged out to stop him from falling. "T-Tenebriel?!? What happened to you? - oof" struggling to hold the wildclaw up, she gently and with great effort walked him to the temple proper. As she walked him down, her magic lanterns started to flicker and turn off, before lighting back up again as they moved away. "Cool..." As they got into the main chamber, Holly has a disclaimer. "Uuuuh, you might see some weird stuff but... just pretend it's not their ok, it's plague stuff." Sitting him down and casting ruby away to get some water. She got to work. "Hmm you look physically ok, poisoned huh? I'm not the best healer but, I guess I can try." Getting out an old warlock tome, she turned to a dusty page, before bringing her wand up and pointing it at the book, red plague magic started swirling around, green flecks scattering the magic before she then pointed her wand at Tenebriel, the magic rushing through him and destroying the poison as she casted lesser restoration. "Tenebriel, don't you see that the Plague Bringer has brought you too me! You are the one that will lead us to the killer!" She brings her wings up in an animated fashion. "You must tell me, who is it?"[/left] Holly votes for [b]Laurent[/b]
67510429.png
Holly | She/Her
Interacting: Tenebriel @Starwindrider
Holly was up early, praying to the Plague Bringer effigy. "Oh mother of rot, lead me to the killer..." Holding up her hands and wings in a symbolic gesture when she felt a ward she had set up at the entrance of her den go off, telling her someone was there. "Mother! Have you sent them too me?" Rushing up to her entrance and levitating the rock to the side, a certain Wildclaw slumped forward into her arms as she lunged out to stop him from falling. "T-Tenebriel?!? What happened to you? - oof" struggling to hold the wildclaw up, she gently and with great effort walked him to the temple proper.

As she walked him down, her magic lanterns started to flicker and turn off, before lighting back up again as they moved away. "Cool..."

As they got into the main chamber, Holly has a disclaimer. "Uuuuh, you might see some weird stuff but... just pretend it's not their ok, it's plague stuff." Sitting him down and casting ruby away to get some water. She got to work. "Hmm you look physically ok, poisoned huh? I'm not the best healer but, I guess I can try."

Getting out an old warlock tome, she turned to a dusty page, before bringing her wand up and pointing it at the book, red plague magic started swirling around, green flecks scattering the magic before she then pointed her wand at Tenebriel, the magic rushing through him and destroying the poison as she casted lesser restoration.

"Tenebriel, don't you see that the Plague Bringer has brought you too me! You are the one that will lead us to the killer!" She brings her wings up in an animated fashion. "You must tell me, who is it?"

Holly votes for Laurent
JellyRaven

WvEXipG.png

E4qlLPv.png
ThunderDancer he/him
interacting with: Corpse party
ThunderDancer Saw Aren's Corpse and other dragons near him. Now he was mad and then he decided to see if he could sniff out the killer.

ThunderDancer votes for Laurent.
ThunderDancer he/him
interacting with: Corpse party
ThunderDancer Saw Aren's Corpse and other dragons near him. Now he was mad and then he decided to see if he could sniff out the killer.

ThunderDancer votes for Laurent.
1 hour ahead of FR time Discord: KingJava1
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3311590
join in the possible fun its a zombie apocalypse roleplay
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72276017][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/722761/72276017.png[/img][/url] [font=book antiqua][color=708090][size=5][b]Sterling[/b][/size] [size=4]He/Him Interacting with: totally justified angst </3 </4 </5 [/color][/center][size=4][font=book antiqua]It's eerily quiet without the risk of Asahi's shrill intrusions or the meat-thing's skittering interloping. Sterling doesn't even see the point in parading himself about- the audience is far too small for it to matter, and he's [i]terribly[/i] scuffed up from the fight yesterday. He's already depleted all of his magic bringing his roses back to some semblance of life. His crown is dented. Everything else was replaceable, he's always quite careful about bringing spares- but one of the tines of his crown is bent, and he has no choice but to wear the mocking reminder of his sister's viciousness. Hmph. Well, Sterling can't see any corpses directly outside. She probably [i]was[/i] the killer. Serves her right. A cat slinks by. Sterling doesn't know what clues him in (he doesn't spend much time around animals, too smelly) but it almost looks distressed. It doesn't even spare him a glance. [i]No one will spare him a glance.[/i] Is it truly his fate to be alone here? Not even killed? Does the murderer really not see that he'd make a beautifully dramatic corpse???? No. No. It was definitely Asahi. No need to be worried. Sterling retreats back into his den. Better to just recuperate in this puddle of his own misery than let anyone see him in such a sorry state. ----- [size=4][font=book antiqua]Sterling votes for [b]Chara[/b].
72276017.png
Sterling
He/Him
Interacting with: totally justified angst </3 </4 </5
It's eerily quiet without the risk of Asahi's shrill intrusions or the meat-thing's skittering interloping.

Sterling doesn't even see the point in parading himself about- the audience is far too small for it to matter, and he's terribly scuffed up from the fight yesterday. He's already depleted all of his magic bringing his roses back to some semblance of life.

His crown is dented. Everything else was replaceable, he's always quite careful about bringing spares- but one of the tines of his crown is bent, and he has no choice but to wear the mocking reminder of his sister's viciousness.

Hmph.

Well, Sterling can't see any corpses directly outside. She probably was the killer. Serves her right.

A cat slinks by. Sterling doesn't know what clues him in (he doesn't spend much time around animals, too smelly) but it almost looks distressed.

It doesn't even spare him a glance.

No one will spare him a glance. Is it truly his fate to be alone here? Not even killed? Does the murderer really not see that he'd make a beautifully dramatic corpse????

No. No. It was definitely Asahi. No need to be worried.

Sterling retreats back into his den. Better to just recuperate in this puddle of his own misery than let anyone see him in such a sorry state.

Sterling votes for Chara.
e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=93011560][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/930116/93011560.png[/img][/url] [b][color=#bea55d]T[/color][color=#b49d59] [/color][color=#aa9556]E[/color][color=#a08c52] [/color][color=#96844f]N[/color][color=#8c7c4b] [/color][color=#827448]E[/color][color=#786c44] [/color][color=#6e6441]B[/color][color=#635b3d] [/color][color=#595339]R[/color][color=#4f4b36] [/color][color=#454332]I[/color][color=#3b3b2f] [/color][color=#31322b]E[/color][color=#272a28] [/color][color=#1d2224]L[/color][/b] [i]He/Him[/i] Interacting with: Holly @JellyRaven[/center] ----- Tenebriel hadn't noticed what he thought was a door was actually a ward on a boulder around Holly's area. He heaved a sigh of relief when the warlock Nocturne appeared, helping him into the temple. She was saying something about ignoring all the Plague decorations, which honestly he wasn't very bothered by, and he couldn't really see them very clearly at this point anyway. He felt the familiar sensation of Lesser Restoration rushing through his body and removing the catnip and poison, clearing his mind instantly. Holly immediately started speaking to him, and thankfully, he was in shape to reply. He didn't know what to make of Holly's belief that the Plaguebringer had sent him to her - who knows, that might actually have been true... "I didn't see the killer," Tenebriel admitted. "They... they got Aren. Hit in the back of the head." He went quiet, the once imposing and authoritative leader suddenly seeming very small. "Shade - a friendly spirit who lives in the shelter - is protecting him now." Tenebriel looked up at Holly. The killer seemed intent on getting rid of all dragons he thought he could trust - first Twizzler, then Aren. Tenebriel was worried that Holly or Tequit would be next, but he didn't voice that out loud. "Holly, I'm here to ask you for more help. Could you help me investigate today's incident? I have my suspicions... but I want a second opinion." Truth be told, if Tenebriel had his way, he'd have cast out the dragons he suspected without any democratic trial whatsoever. But then how different would he be from those back at the institution?
93011560.png

T E N E B R I E L
He/Him

Interacting with: Holly @JellyRaven

Tenebriel hadn't noticed what he thought was a door was actually a ward on a boulder around Holly's area. He heaved a sigh of relief when the warlock Nocturne appeared, helping him into the temple. She was saying something about ignoring all the Plague decorations, which honestly he wasn't very bothered by, and he couldn't really see them very clearly at this point anyway.

He felt the familiar sensation of Lesser Restoration rushing through his body and removing the catnip and poison, clearing his mind instantly. Holly immediately started speaking to him, and thankfully, he was in shape to reply. He didn't know what to make of Holly's belief that the Plaguebringer had sent him to her - who knows, that might actually have been true...

"I didn't see the killer," Tenebriel admitted. "They... they got Aren. Hit in the back of the head." He went quiet, the once imposing and authoritative leader suddenly seeming very small. "Shade - a friendly spirit who lives in the shelter - is protecting him now."

Tenebriel looked up at Holly. The killer seemed intent on getting rid of all dragons he thought he could trust - first Twizzler, then Aren. Tenebriel was worried that Holly or Tequit would be next, but he didn't voice that out loud.

"Holly, I'm here to ask you for more help. Could you help me investigate today's incident? I have my suspicions... but I want a second opinion."

Truth be told, if Tenebriel had his way, he'd have cast out the dragons he suspected without any democratic trial whatsoever. But then how different would he be from those back at the institution?

xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=92447139][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/924472/92447139.png[/img][/url] [color= #22242d]Interacting with: Shade (@Storia) [rule][left] Tequit had heard the mournful cry of the banshees only twice before: once, when he was young, before his grandfather's funeral, and once more on the night he ran from home. The wail of death carried such anguish that it invoked sadness in every creature who heard it. But the banshees' song was always before the death, and only the direct family of the soon-to-be-deceased would hear it. The anguished keening of a dozen felines was neither of these, and yet the cadence of the cry was remarkably similar. It was undoubtedly a song of mourning. The plant in the watering can was silent as Tequit stared down at the rest of the garden and gathered an assortment of flowers. Delicate white blooms. Small clusters of pale blue petals. Rich, sanguine reds dotted throughout. A mourning bouquet. Tequit took flight towards the wails, bouquet in hand, trying to keep the tears from falling down his chin. The scene was a mess of cats. The air was cold, as if the morning warmth didn't dare to disturb the limp body on the ground. The strange spirit-feeling he had since gotten aquatinted with was stronger here as well. Why the phantasm had chosen to leave it's home and watch over the former lord of cats was beyond Tequit's thoughts, but he was grateful, nonetheless. As he approached, the felines also approached him, eying Tequit and his plant friend warily. But they let him pass to lay the bouquet over the body. His new friend the enchanted plant rested a leaf over his hand in a gesture that might have been comforting. Tequit couldn't do anything but stand there for a moment. How things had changed since day one, since the clan rooted itself, and all the friendly faces arrived. Who was he, anymore? For the first time in a long time, Tequit wondered if leaving his home and his family was the right choice. He felt lost, helpless, and afraid. The fairy held the watering can in a tight hug and wept. [rule] Tequit votes for [b]Laurent[/b]
92447139.png

Interacting with: Shade (@Storia)

Tequit had heard the mournful cry of the banshees only twice before: once, when he was young, before his grandfather's funeral, and once more on the night he ran from home. The wail of death carried such anguish that it invoked sadness in every creature who heard it. But the banshees' song was always before the death, and only the direct family of the soon-to-be-deceased would hear it. The anguished keening of a dozen felines was neither of these, and yet the cadence of the cry was remarkably similar. It was undoubtedly a song of mourning.

The plant in the watering can was silent as Tequit stared down at the rest of the garden and gathered an assortment of flowers. Delicate white blooms. Small clusters of pale blue petals. Rich, sanguine reds dotted throughout. A mourning bouquet.

Tequit took flight towards the wails, bouquet in hand, trying to keep the tears from falling down his chin.

The scene was a mess of cats. The air was cold, as if the morning warmth didn't dare to disturb the limp body on the ground. The strange spirit-feeling he had since gotten aquatinted with was stronger here as well. Why the phantasm had chosen to leave it's home and watch over the former lord of cats was beyond Tequit's thoughts, but he was grateful, nonetheless.

As he approached, the felines also approached him, eying Tequit and his plant friend warily. But they let him pass to lay the bouquet over the body. His new friend the enchanted plant rested a leaf over his hand in a gesture that might have been comforting.

Tequit couldn't do anything but stand there for a moment. How things had changed since day one, since the clan rooted itself, and all the friendly faces arrived. Who was he, anymore? For the first time in a long time, Tequit wondered if leaving his home and his family was the right choice. He felt lost, helpless, and afraid.

The fairy held the watering can in a tight hug and wept.

Tequit votes for Laurent
Wishlist -->Untitled1133-20231107165239.png
[right] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=72626608][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/726267/72626608.png[/img][/url] [size=7][font=serif][color=red][b]• CHARA •[/b][/color][/font][/size] [color=red][font=serif]interacting with: [b]her naturally cheerful self[/b][/font][/color][/right] [font=serif][color=5B0F14][size=4]Chara is quite tired of all these goings-on. Who ever knew that being in a clan could be so boring? There’s not even that much bloodshed. She sighs, extends an arm to Dahlia, who coils onto her arm, then flounces out of her home. Ah, so she spoke too soon. There [i]is[/i] bloodshed — and it’s the Wildclaw. The one, that one, the cat-worshipper. Quite a reasonable thing to worship, Chara thinks. Not that she worships anything, not even the Shade. And rather unfortunately, that Wildclaw is dead now. Hm. He was one of the more tolerable dragons here. Perhaps Chara might pay some respects; not that she feels any need to do so, but that it is proper of a queen. Chara doesn’t spend too much time thinking about it, scrawling her vote down in properly majestic handwriting (naturally, on personalized paper. What noble would she be if she [i]didn’t[/i] have personalized paper on her person at all times?), then handing it in. [rule] Chara votes for [b]Laurent[/b].
72626608.png
• CHARA •
interacting with: her naturally cheerful self
Chara is quite tired of all these goings-on. Who ever knew that being in a clan could be so boring? There’s not even that much bloodshed. She sighs, extends an arm to Dahlia, who coils onto her arm, then flounces out of her home.

Ah, so she spoke too soon. There is bloodshed — and it’s the Wildclaw. The one, that one, the cat-worshipper. Quite a reasonable thing to worship, Chara thinks. Not that she worships anything, not even the Shade. And rather unfortunately, that Wildclaw is dead now.

Hm. He was one of the more tolerable dragons here. Perhaps Chara might pay some respects; not that she feels any need to do so, but that it is proper of a queen.

Chara doesn’t spend too much time thinking about it, scrawling her vote down in properly majestic handwriting (naturally, on personalized paper. What noble would she be if she didn’t have personalized paper on her person at all times?), then handing it in.

Chara votes for Laurent.
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
MB92Vfc.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89641663][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/896417/89641663.png[/img][/url] [b]Laurent[/b] [i]He/Him[/i] Interacting: Anyone and everyone in radius of this catastrophe --- Laurent’s feet drag across the ground as he walks. His eyes are surrounded by dark circles. His hair is matted, tangled knots sticking out at every angle; only his clothes remain orderly. His talons are coated with dried blood and dusted plaster. There’s something haunted and manic in his gaze, but he does his best to conceal it beneath the brim of his cap and a broken, anxious smile. His headache’s come back with a vengeance, its previous sharp spikes replaced with a dull, agonizing throb. He tries to ignore it, tries to ignore the shadows that flicker at the edge of his vision. He makes a worthy effort at greeting the passing faces. [i]Murderers, all.[/i] He’s the only sane one here. It’s the only answer. It’s all just a giant conspiracy, and he’s stuck at the middle, watching as they all die. [i]D i e d i e d i e d i e[/i] Fates, why isn’t he dead? Why couldn’t it be him? Why does he [i]have to watch it all[/i]? Why did he have to be the blinding Chosen One? Why was he so [i]useless[/i]? Every night. He was supposed to stop it. He was supposed to give them the answers but they were always wrong and now he was stuck here and he was going to have to see every corpse because [i]the Fates wouldn’t let him die[/i]- And he just had to keep going. They’d all die without him. They’d all die, they’d all die, and in the end it would just be him watching all the corpses and what would he do then? He clutches the ground in a death grip. His breath rarely catches now that the shock’s worn off, but he finds himself drowning now. He pulls himself together in spite of it and staggers drunkenly towards the crime scene. He’s put it off for long enough. He needs to see it. He [i]has[/i] to play his part. And so he finds his way, slowly, to the mansion in the distance. There’s clearly a crowd gathered here, but he can’t make out the body yet. No matter. They’d take him to it. He’d give his usual diagnoses. They’d point a finger, an innocent life would go, and the rest of them would mob in the night to bludgeon one of their fellows to death. He wonders who it’ll be this time. He wonders when this Binder-blighted game will ever reach its end. [i]How much blood does it take to satisfy the gods? [/i] With a couple more footsteps, he finds himself approaching the crowd. He puts on his best smile — cracked and half-insane — and crows out to the gathering in a voice more reminiscent of a game show host than is entirely appropriate: “So! Whooooo’s dead today?” ----- Laurent votes for [b][s]Thunderdancer[/s][/b] Laurent

89641663.png
Laurent He/Him
Interacting: Anyone and everyone in radius of this catastrophe

---

Laurent’s feet drag across the ground as he walks.
His eyes are surrounded by dark circles. His hair is matted, tangled knots sticking out at every angle; only his clothes remain orderly. His talons are coated with dried blood and dusted plaster.
There’s something haunted and manic in his gaze, but he does his best to conceal it beneath the brim of his cap and a broken, anxious smile.
His headache’s come back with a vengeance, its previous sharp spikes replaced with a dull, agonizing throb. He tries to ignore it, tries to ignore the shadows that flicker at the edge of his vision. He makes a worthy effort at greeting the passing faces.
Murderers, all.
He’s the only sane one here. It’s the only answer. It’s all just a giant conspiracy, and he’s stuck at the middle, watching as they all die.
D i e d i e d i e d i e
Fates, why isn’t he dead? Why couldn’t it be him? Why does he have to watch it all? Why did he have to be the blinding Chosen One?
Why was he so useless?
Every night. He was supposed to stop it. He was supposed to give them the answers but they were always wrong and now he was stuck here and he was going to have to see every corpse because the Fates wouldn’t let him die-
And he just had to keep going. They’d all die without him.
They’d all die, they’d all die, and in the end it would just be him watching all the corpses and what would he do then?
He clutches the ground in a death grip. His breath rarely catches now that the shock’s worn off, but he finds himself drowning now. He pulls himself together in spite of it and staggers drunkenly towards the crime scene.
He’s put it off for long enough. He needs to see it. He has to play his part.
And so he finds his way, slowly, to the mansion in the distance. There’s clearly a crowd gathered here, but he can’t make out the body yet. No matter. They’d take him to it. He’d give his usual diagnoses. They’d point a finger, an innocent life would go, and the rest of them would mob in the night to bludgeon one of their fellows to death. He wonders who it’ll be this time.
He wonders when this Binder-blighted game will ever reach its end.
How much blood does it take to satisfy the gods?
With a couple more footsteps, he finds himself approaching the crowd. He puts on his best smile — cracked and half-insane — and crows out to the gathering in a voice more reminiscent of a game show host than is entirely appropriate:
“So! Whooooo’s dead today?”

Laurent votes for Thunderdancer Laurent

1 2 ... 434 435 436 437 438 ... 444 445