Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Cloudsong Celebration! [closed]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38948635] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/389487/38948635_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hello, hello!" booms a large Ridgeback lady. She walks with a self-confident swagger, towering over many of the others at the festival. In her hand is a bow, which she holds with the ease of long practice. "I'm Zephyr, and today I'm going to show you all some archery, the likes of which you have never seen before! I can guarantee you will be amazed." She whips out an arrow, nocks it, and aims at a large target set up nearby. With a whistle and a thunk, she makes a perfect bullseye. She smirks a little, backs up ten paces, and looses another arrow. It, too, finds its mark. Zephyr backs up once more, the gathering crowd scurrying out of her way. A third arrow hits the bullseye, and the crowd claps. "Easy," she smirks. "Perhaps something a bit more interesting?" An assistant pulls the arrows out of the target, and tacks a playing card onto the bullseye. The ace of spades. Zephyr steps forward a few paces and takes a confident stance. "Some dragons like to say they have an ace in the hole, but how about a hole in the ace?" With apparent ease, she puts a hole dead center in the ace, and bows. "All very well, but now it's time for a REAL challenge." Zephyr produces an apple and holds it up. "Any volunteers?" The crowd titters nervously, and she laughs. "I'm joking, of course! No volunteers will be necessary." She sweeps her hat off and sets the apple on her own forehead. There are a few gasps as she nocks her next arrow and turns to a stone wall. Will she really attempt such a risky shot? How can she be sure which way it will ricochet? Perhaps she will use Wind magic to alter the course of the arrow. With a soft [i]thwack[/i], they all have their answer. Zephyr grins in triumph as the apple tumbles off her head, arrow dead center through it. The crowd applauds wildly, and she bows several times. "Well, that's one way to make applesauce! I've got a few more for mementos, but do remember not to try this at home." Zephyr begins to hand out some apples and other prizes. She's got a pretty good arm too, and lobs some to dragons standing further away. [sub]Daily ping: @WeiYing @Canisa @DismasYves @ChaoticFriendzy @SeaGodling

"Hello, hello!" booms a large Ridgeback lady. She walks with a self-confident swagger, towering over many of the others at the festival. In her hand is a bow, which she holds with the ease of long practice. "I'm Zephyr, and today I'm going to show you all some archery, the likes of which you have never seen before! I can guarantee you will be amazed."

She whips out an arrow, nocks it, and aims at a large target set up nearby. With a whistle and a thunk, she makes a perfect bullseye. She smirks a little, backs up ten paces, and looses another arrow. It, too, finds its mark. Zephyr backs up once more, the gathering crowd scurrying out of her way. A third arrow hits the bullseye, and the crowd claps.

"Easy," she smirks. "Perhaps something a bit more interesting?" An assistant pulls the arrows out of the target, and tacks a playing card onto the bullseye. The ace of spades. Zephyr steps forward a few paces and takes a confident stance. "Some dragons like to say they have an ace in the hole, but how about a hole in the ace?" With apparent ease, she puts a hole dead center in the ace, and bows.

"All very well, but now it's time for a REAL challenge." Zephyr produces an apple and holds it up. "Any volunteers?" The crowd titters nervously, and she laughs. "I'm joking, of course! No volunteers will be necessary." She sweeps her hat off and sets the apple on her own forehead. There are a few gasps as she nocks her next arrow and turns to a stone wall. Will she really attempt such a risky shot? How can she be sure which way it will ricochet? Perhaps she will use Wind magic to alter the course of the arrow.

With a soft thwack, they all have their answer. Zephyr grins in triumph as the apple tumbles off her head, arrow dead center through it. The crowd applauds wildly, and she bows several times.

"Well, that's one way to make applesauce! I've got a few more for mementos, but do remember not to try this at home." Zephyr begins to hand out some apples and other prizes. She's got a pretty good arm too, and lobs some to dragons standing further away.

Daily ping:
@WeiYing @Canisa @DismasYves @ChaoticFriendzy @SeaGodling
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86231398][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/862314/86231398.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent]> > >[/color][nextcol][center] [font=times new roman] » [size=4]After taking a while to enjoy the quiet music and many snacks, Mura wanders back out into the bustling crowds. They pause for a moment, watching an impressive showing from a skilled archer. The sight reminds them faintly of a celestial archer they had briefly met a long time ago.[/font][/size][/center][/columns]
86231398.png >

>

>
» After taking a while to enjoy the quiet music and many snacks, Mura wanders back out into the bustling crowds. They pause for a moment, watching an impressive showing from a skilled archer. The sight reminds them faintly of a celestial archer they had briefly met a long time ago.

52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49886956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/498870/49886956_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Delta is sufficiently awed by the archery display by Zephyr, enough that her palms almost hurt from clapping. It also inspires her to try out one of the booths that she had been eyeing the entire week, the archery practice! She makes her way over to the stall, admiring the beautiful decoration like always. This one has a mixed bamboo and wood table and a parchment-colored awning that reveals a map on the underside when it billows up in the wind. Delta only waits for a little while before an Imperial behind the table walks up to her. "Come this way, the lesson is starting in just a few minutes!" Delta follows her to the edge of the stall where a wood platform and multiple targets are set up; these are much closer than the ones Zephyr demonstrated on. There are a few other pupils beside her and the Imperial hands them all practice bows. The bows they get are replicas of the new Wind-crafted Mistral Bows- Delta guesses that these are much easier for beginners, while still being celebratory. She appreciates the sentiment. Then, the Imperial announces, "Don't worry, you'll get to keep these after your lesson so you can show everyone back home your amazing new skill!" and Delta appreciates it even more! The lesson starts and Delta tries to follow her instructions very carefully, drawing the bowstring back just so and making sure to nock the arrow in front of it. When she fires, she doesn't even hit a the colored rings on the target, but the Imperial reassures her that just making it onto the target is a great first step! Delta's arms ache when she is finally done with the session. At least one of her arrows made it onto the inner ring, but she mainly walks away in awe of how dragons can use bows regularly. Magic is SO much easier!
49886956_350.png

Delta is sufficiently awed by the archery display by Zephyr, enough that her palms almost hurt from clapping. It also inspires her to try out one of the booths that she had been eyeing the entire week, the archery practice!

She makes her way over to the stall, admiring the beautiful decoration like always. This one has a mixed bamboo and wood table and a parchment-colored awning that reveals a map on the underside when it billows up in the wind. Delta only waits for a little while before an Imperial behind the table walks up to her. "Come this way, the lesson is starting in just a few minutes!"

Delta follows her to the edge of the stall where a wood platform and multiple targets are set up; these are much closer than the ones Zephyr demonstrated on. There are a few other pupils beside her and the Imperial hands them all practice bows. The bows they get are replicas of the new Wind-crafted Mistral Bows- Delta guesses that these are much easier for beginners, while still being celebratory. She appreciates the sentiment. Then, the Imperial announces, "Don't worry, you'll get to keep these after your lesson so you can show everyone back home your amazing new skill!" and Delta appreciates it even more!

The lesson starts and Delta tries to follow her instructions very carefully, drawing the bowstring back just so and making sure to nock the arrow in front of it. When she fires, she doesn't even hit a the colored rings on the target, but the Imperial reassures her that just making it onto the target is a great first step!

Delta's arms ache when she is finally done with the session. At least one of her arrows made it onto the inner ring, but she mainly walks away in awe of how dragons can use bows regularly. Magic is SO much easier!
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3463632][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/34637/3463632.png[/img][/url][nextcol][i][b]Athena[/b] smiled widely at the sight of the All-Seeing Eye heading towards her, shooed by Zephyr. Moving quickly, she caught the familiar gently in her paws, soothing it without ever looking at it directly. “Calm, my friend,” she murmured softly, “I know a very, very friendly Snapper who is going to be absolutely delighted to meet you. In fact, I can almost guarantee he will offer a full bonding the instant he sees you. All you have to do is wait a little while longer.” The quivering eyeball stilled, clearly listening. A moment later it gave a strange hissing sound and shifted so that its gaze was no longer in danger of locking with Athena’s eyes. Taking this as the promise it was, Athena immediately turned and headed for the area where she had last seen a certain Clanmate. She could not wait to see his face…[/i][/columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31985877][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/319859/31985877_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Tolkien[/b] [i]Scholar, Scribe[/i] (Shadow Born, Arcane Adopted)[/center] The large red and yellow Snapper stared around himself in consternation, trying to get his bearings. He had never been to the Windswept Plateau, let alone the Cloudsong, in his life, and wasn’t entirely sure what to do now he was here. Should he look for a Clanmate at one of the many concerts scattered around the area, or should he go shopping at the sprawling Marketplace he could see ahead? The rumbling of his stomach interrupted these thoughts, and he grinned ruefully. Perhaps what he needed to do first was find something to eat. He could worry about everything else after that. Decision made, [b]Tolkien[/b] headed to his right, following the scent of what he hoped would be delicious bread. The scribe glanced around him as he walked, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of this amazing city in the sky. Even his favorite set of scrolls, from which he had taken his name, did not have any descriptions of something as fabulous as this place. Lost in wonder, he was completely caught off guard at the sudden shout of his name that had apparently originated from behind him. The voice was instantly recognizable, and he turned in relief to greet his fellow Clanmate, certain that Athena would be able to guide him to anywhere he needed to go. All his plans to ask her help with directions died an instant death, however, when he set eyes on the being following her. “There you are!” Athena hurried forward, her paw outstretched. “You’re a difficult dragon to find, Tolkien, did you know that?” “Difficult?” He echoed the word, hardly noticing what it actually was, as he drank in the sight of that beautiful, deadly, flaming eye. “Yes,” he agreed absently, “I suppose I am. There’s so much to see here, so much to do….Athena, my dear, WHERE did you find that eye?” His Clanmate’s eyes danced with pleasure. “Oh, he was just a gift from one of our friendly hosts. I’m not too good with his kind of magic, though, and I imagine my Owls would be horrified. Do you want him?” Did he [i]want[/i] him?! Tolkien swallowed, stepping forward, never taking his eyes off of the creature in question. As he moved to take another step, however, the eye shifted, rolling in the air so that the eyeball was looking directly at the Snapper. And suddenly Tolkien wasn’t interested in moving at all… Later, Athena would swear that it was fastest familiar bonding that she had ever had the pleasure to witness. At the time, however, she simply smiled in satisfaction as Tolkien and Sauron locked gazes for the first time… [i](Not the dragon I was originally intending to highlight tonight, but when Athena got her prize, I couldn’t resist…)[/i]
3463632.png Athena smiled widely at the sight of the All-Seeing Eye heading towards her, shooed by Zephyr. Moving quickly, she caught the familiar gently in her paws, soothing it without ever looking at it directly. “Calm, my friend,” she murmured softly, “I know a very, very friendly Snapper who is going to be absolutely delighted to meet you. In fact, I can almost guarantee he will offer a full bonding the instant he sees you. All you have to do is wait a little while longer.” The quivering eyeball stilled, clearly listening. A moment later it gave a strange hissing sound and shifted so that its gaze was no longer in danger of locking with Athena’s eyes. Taking this as the promise it was, Athena immediately turned and headed for the area where she had last seen a certain Clanmate. She could not wait to see his face…

31985877_350.png
Tolkien
Scholar, Scribe
(Shadow Born,
Arcane Adopted)

The large red and yellow Snapper stared around himself in consternation, trying to get his bearings. He had never been to the Windswept Plateau, let alone the Cloudsong, in his life, and wasn’t entirely sure what to do now he was here. Should he look for a Clanmate at one of the many concerts scattered around the area, or should he go shopping at the sprawling Marketplace he could see ahead? The rumbling of his stomach interrupted these thoughts, and he grinned ruefully. Perhaps what he needed to do first was find something to eat. He could worry about everything else after that.

Decision made, Tolkien headed to his right, following the scent of what he hoped would be delicious bread. The scribe glanced around him as he walked, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of this amazing city in the sky. Even his favorite set of scrolls, from which he had taken his name, did not have any descriptions of something as fabulous as this place.

Lost in wonder, he was completely caught off guard at the sudden shout of his name that had apparently originated from behind him. The voice was instantly recognizable, and he turned in relief to greet his fellow Clanmate, certain that Athena would be able to guide him to anywhere he needed to go. All his plans to ask her help with directions died an instant death, however, when he set eyes on the being following her.

“There you are!” Athena hurried forward, her paw outstretched. “You’re a difficult dragon to find, Tolkien, did you know that?”

“Difficult?” He echoed the word, hardly noticing what it actually was, as he drank in the sight of that beautiful, deadly, flaming eye. “Yes,” he agreed absently, “I suppose I am. There’s so much to see here, so much to do….Athena, my dear, WHERE did you find that eye?”

His Clanmate’s eyes danced with pleasure. “Oh, he was just a gift from one of our friendly hosts. I’m not too good with his kind of magic, though, and I imagine my Owls would be horrified. Do you want him?”

Did he want him?! Tolkien swallowed, stepping forward, never taking his eyes off of the creature in question. As he moved to take another step, however, the eye shifted, rolling in the air so that the eyeball was looking directly at the Snapper. And suddenly Tolkien wasn’t interested in moving at all…

Later, Athena would swear that it was fastest familiar bonding that she had ever had the pleasure to witness. At the time, however, she simply smiled in satisfaction as Tolkien and Sauron locked gazes for the first time…

(Not the dragon I was originally intending to highlight tonight, but when Athena got her prize, I couldn’t resist…)
fw5Pc0h.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24823980][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/248240/24823980_350.png[/img][/url] Shikasa claps for Zephyrs performance and brave shot off her own head, she makes it look effortless but Shikasa knows how difficult it is to so much as pull back a bowstring let alone hit a trick shot! She sees the archery training zone nearby and decides perhaps it is time she gives the skill another attempt. The patient imperial guides the small course of students in proper technique and how to aim, then releases them to attempting to hit the target. Shikasa manages a bullseye.... on someone else's target. "A little wild there, next shot don't forget to eye down where you want to hit. Breathe, and let loose the arrow. Give it another go!" She does, and this time actually manages to hit her target.. well, the stand holding it up, but still much better than the last! "Better! Aim a little higher than you want to hit, not a lot, but as it travels it will drop over time." The third time is the charm, its on the outside of the target, but it does actually /hit/ the target. She thanks the instructor and follows as the class disperses.
24823980_350.png
Shikasa claps for Zephyrs performance and brave shot off her own head, she makes it look effortless but Shikasa knows how difficult it is to so much as pull back a bowstring let alone hit a trick shot! She sees the archery training zone nearby and decides perhaps it is time she gives the skill another attempt. The patient imperial guides the small course of students in proper technique and how to aim, then releases them to attempting to hit the target. Shikasa manages a bullseye.... on someone else's target.
"A little wild there, next shot don't forget to eye down where you want to hit. Breathe, and let loose the arrow. Give it another go!" She does, and this time actually manages to hit her target.. well, the stand holding it up, but still much better than the last!
"Better! Aim a little higher than you want to hit, not a lot, but as it travels it will drop over time." The third time is the charm, its on the outside of the target, but it does actually /hit/ the target. She thanks the instructor and follows as the class disperses.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75593011][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/755931/75593011_350.png[/img][/url] "Ohhhhh, what is all this?" Admer looks around all the festivities and new faces, feeling excited and overwhelmed at the same time. He didn't realize there's a celebration as big as this, not to mention it had started almost a week ago! There's only a few days left for him to enjoy the festivities unfortunately, but he hopes he gets to meet a few new friends and to have a wonderful time here, despite not really knowing what to do with himself XD
75593011_350.png

"Ohhhhh, what is all this?"
Admer looks around all the festivities and new faces, feeling excited and overwhelmed at the same time. He didn't realize there's a celebration as big as this, not to mention it had started almost a week ago!

There's only a few days left for him to enjoy the festivities unfortunately, but he hopes he gets to meet a few new friends and to have a wonderful time here, despite not really knowing what to do with himself XD
4vI5oMm.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91901272][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/919013/91901272_350.png[/img][/url] Frost shouts with glee, eagerly stuffing delicious sweets into his mouth. He can feel the excitement all around him. There is so much laughter and applause and, best of all, food! He whizzes from one food stall to the other, trying snacks from all sorts of clans. "I'm so glad I've come to the Cloudsong Celebration!" he thinks to himself, happily munching on a Berry and Nut Trail Bar, "I should've come here sooner!" [item=Berry and Nut Trail Bar] "Happy Mistral Jamboree!" he cheers loudly. [/center]
91901272_350.png

Frost shouts with glee, eagerly stuffing delicious sweets into his mouth. He can feel the excitement all around him. There is so much laughter and applause and, best of all, food!

He whizzes from one food stall to the other, trying snacks from all sorts of clans.

"I'm so glad I've come to the Cloudsong Celebration!" he thinks to himself, happily munching on a Berry and Nut Trail Bar, "I should've come here sooner!"

Berry and Nut Trail Bar

"Happy Mistral Jamboree!" he cheers loudly.
mlr1H8z.png53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpgpO9OxgB.pngI7CI3v5.pngchsD6Vl.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74787822][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/747879/74787822_350.png[/img][/url] Ah, an archery show! Aelin nods her head in approval at the impressive shots. Wind magic combined with arrows truly is a terrifying weapon. Thankfully, she is more than aware that there are security measures in place to prevent any stray arrows from hitting innocent audience members. She is reminder of her friend Chroma and his skill with the bow and arrow. It has been a while since they saw each other... she hopes they meet again soon.
74787822_350.png

Ah, an archery show! Aelin nods her head in approval at the impressive shots. Wind magic combined with arrows truly is a terrifying weapon. Thankfully, she is more than aware that there are security measures in place to prevent any stray arrows from hitting innocent audience members.

She is reminder of her friend Chroma and his skill with the bow and arrow. It has been a while since they saw each other... she hopes they meet again soon.
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49886956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/498870/49886956_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Delta roams around the marketplace section of the Cloudsong. She still has a lot of Messenger's Scrolls to spend and doesn't know what to do with them! She purchases a few items, like a compass that always magically points to the Cloudsong and a map of the Singer's Brook that she wants to hang up in her room when she gets back to her lair. As she makes her way into the food section of the market, she comes across something else she wants to try: a pastry buffet! The sign in front says it's just 15 Messenger's Scrolls to get access to all-you-can-eat cookies, so Delta immediately hands them over to the Obelisk behind the counter, who then points her towards a table near the side. A few other dragons are already taking advantage of the deal, but it keeps fully stocked at all times as Spirals with chef hats flurry about and place new cookies, tarts, and cupcakes on the copper trays. Delta tries a shortbread cookie first shaped like a wind rune. She thinks she ate a really tasty cookie much like this one a couple of years ago and it's just as good as she remembers! Then, she picks up a potash peach marmalade tart, and then a cube of peppermint and sage fudge that tastes surprisingly good, then a chocolate chip scone. She goes down the line, sampling a baked good from almost every plate until she is too full to eat even the candied grasshoppers at the end. She grabs a mug of signature tea on her way out, though she makes sure to get it in a to-go cup. She can't imagine how she could drink it right now!
49886956_350.png

Delta roams around the marketplace section of the Cloudsong. She still has a lot of Messenger's Scrolls to spend and doesn't know what to do with them! She purchases a few items, like a compass that always magically points to the Cloudsong and a map of the Singer's Brook that she wants to hang up in her room when she gets back to her lair. As she makes her way into the food section of the market, she comes across something else she wants to try: a pastry buffet!

The sign in front says it's just 15 Messenger's Scrolls to get access to all-you-can-eat cookies, so Delta immediately hands them over to the Obelisk behind the counter, who then points her towards a table near the side. A few other dragons are already taking advantage of the deal, but it keeps fully stocked at all times as Spirals with chef hats flurry about and place new cookies, tarts, and cupcakes on the copper trays.

Delta tries a shortbread cookie first shaped like a wind rune. She thinks she ate a really tasty cookie much like this one a couple of years ago and it's just as good as she remembers! Then, she picks up a potash peach marmalade tart, and then a cube of peppermint and sage fudge that tastes surprisingly good, then a chocolate chip scone. She goes down the line, sampling a baked good from almost every plate until she is too full to eat even the candied grasshoppers at the end. She grabs a mug of signature tea on her way out, though she makes sure to get it in a to-go cup. She can't imagine how she could drink it right now!
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31985877][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/319859/31985877.png[/img][/url][nextcol][i]The lava-colored Snapper continued to stare at the creature Athena had brought him, drinking in the sight of his worst nightmares made manifest. In all his explorations into the most obscure volumes in the Library at home, and in the Tourmaline Archives as well, he had never found a reason to believe that the dangerous entity that his favorite set of scrolls mentioned so often had actually existed! But now…[b]Tolkien[/b] swallowed, trembling from the sheer power and malice radiating from that Eye. He HAD to take control of this thing, to protect everyone else from what it could do, but how? Slowly, he took another step forward, and then another, his gaze still locked with the pulsing, seductive, Eye… …He was so transfixed that he never saw the dark tendrils of power reaching out, beginning to wrap around him, as he headed closer and closer to the thing he had, without realizing, begun to bond with….[/i][/columns] [i]Among the many dragons traversing the Cloudsong, there were more than a few familiar faces, as well as those who had never been there before. Some were heading for specific spots, while others simply wandered. And some were currently focused more on specific dragons than on the fun and fascinating things around them…[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/14149485][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/141495/14149485_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]Evenfall[/b] [i]Fighter, Empath[/i] (Wind Born, Arcane Adopted)[/center] The sight of the familiar blue Guardian hurrying through the corridors caused a number of dragons to smile, and wave. She was well known to past revelers at the Cloudsong, as she had been coming for a number of years and always had a good thing to say about whatever show she chose to view. But today, the dragon in question was clearly not focused on the fun around her, as she headed not for the various stages and smaller areas where performances took place, but rather towards one of the many entrances and exits of the Cloudsong itself. And those who truly knew her well could see that something was very, very wrong…. ...[b]Evenfall[/b] was shaking by the time she got to the platform she was aiming for, her wings opening and snapping shut in agitation and fear. She stared out at the wide sky, scanning the arriving dragons with an almost feverish quality, her heart still pounding. She had to be here, she had to be! If she wasn’t…if she didn’t arrive in time…. Closing her eyes, Evenfall, took several deep breaths, seeing again those terrible threads of darkness reaching out to her Clanmate. She had been watching this year’s Archery performance by Zephyr, enjoying the show immensely, when she had felt a sudden surge in the emotions around her. Usually, she could not detect such things that easily, but this [i]satisfaction[/i] was so strong that it caught her attention immediately. Turning in surprise, she had seen Athena cradling a floating eye, of all things, holding it gently in a pocket of wind as she headed away from the show. Evenfall still wasn’t sure what had caused her to follow her Clanmate, abandoning Zephyr’s performance before it finished, but she was certainly glad that she had. Now if only her frantic call had reached its target before it was too late--[b][i]THERE![/i][/b] A familiar form appeared in the distance, growing rapidly larger. Within minutes the beautiful Pearlcatcher with the shimmering red wings had become fully visible, gliding in for a graceful landing on the platform. Evenfall almost sobbed in relief as she hurried forward to seize her Clanmate’s paw. “Thank the Arcanist, I was afraid you wouldn’t be in time…” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3812329][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/38124/3812329_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Soulfire[/b] [i]Artist and Dual Mage: Water/Soul Magic, Fire/Spirit Magic[/i] (Plague Born, Arcane Adopted)[/center] Reaching out quickly, [b]Soulfire[/b] steadied her Clanmate and friend, her gentle red eyes widening in shock at the state the usually calm Guardian was in. “Evenfall, love, calm down,” she said softly. “Take a breath, center yourself, and tell me what’s happened. Your message was not very forthcoming.” That, in fact, was an understatement. The “message” had been a jolt of emotional shock and fear coupled with a pulling centered on Soulfire herself. A desperate, wild [i]need[/i] for the dual Soul and Spirit Mage to come [b][i]right now[/i][/b]. Not something a dragon expected to feel coming from a Clanmate who was [i]supposed[/i] to be enjoying herself at her favorite Event of the year. Evenfall closed her eyes, clearly trying to quiet her fears and do as Soulfire asked. But equally clearly, it wasn’t working. “It’s Tolkien,” she blurted, “and Athena, too, I think…something’s wrong--a twisted familiar bonding, or maybe a control spell--[i]something[/i]…Athena wouldn’t DO that to him, and Tolkien, he didn’t see what was happening, he’s too fixated on that awful Eye…” She shook, her whole body beginning to vibrate, her eyes wide and pleading. "I’m sorry, I know you weren’t planning to come, wanted to work on other projects while the caves were so empty, but I didn’t know what else to do—” “Evenfall!” Soulfire’s sharp shout cut through the torrent of words--and caught the attention of several dragons nearby. Shooting an apologetic smile first at her shaking Clanmate and then at the attendant Skydancer looking after the platform, Soulfire gently guided the Guardian back inside the Cloudsong, reaching out with her own empathic magic as she did, trying to soothe the obvious fear and agitation. Instantly, she understood. Evenfall was suffering from the peripheral residue of an empathic attack. It was fortunate that the Guardian had not been the actual target, or she would be even more of a mess than she was, but what she had picked up was bad enough for a dragon whose Empathy was almost entirely instinctual. She could subconsciously soothe the fear and agitation of others – and send out emotional “messages” to those she was close to -- but not much else. And she had no natural shields to speak of. Poor Evenfall had been completely overwhelmed by the sheer [i]malice[/i] in this strike. Fortunately, there was a way to fix that. Soulfire gently “stroked” Evenfall’s emotions, bringing them back to equilibrium. At the same time, she wove a simple spell around her old friend, a shield to temporarily block off all outside emotions. Within minutes, the Guardian had stopped shaking, her wings settling back in place, and her eyes losing that wild, desperate look. Soulfire smiled. “Better?” She asked, observing as the emotions in her friend settled back to their usual, calm pool. Evenfall nodded, breathing much more slowly now, her paws no longer trembling. “Can you help Tolkien?” She asked. “That thing isn’t bonding with him, Soulfire. It’s trying to take him over!” She swallowed hard. “It can’t have been intended to be here. It must have gotten in somehow…I think it’s from that new area of the Coli the Clan Mother warned us away from -- the one with the strange portal. It’s a spirit, or maybe a disembodied soul, and it wants him. Badly.” The dual Soul and Spirit Mage smiled grimly. “Well, it’s a good thing you asked for my help, then, isn’t?” She straightened, calling her power around her in an almost visible aura. “Show me.” [i]Oh dear…it seems that Tolkien’s new “friend” might have been a bit more than Athena thought…and now one of the Clan’s more…interesting…mages has made an appearance. Hopefully she can fix this in time…[/i]
31985877.png The lava-colored Snapper continued to stare at the creature Athena had brought him, drinking in the sight of his worst nightmares made manifest.

In all his explorations into the most obscure volumes in the Library at home, and in the Tourmaline Archives as well, he had never found a reason to believe that the dangerous entity that his favorite set of scrolls mentioned so often had actually existed! But now…Tolkien swallowed, trembling from the sheer power and malice radiating from that Eye. He HAD to take control of this thing, to protect everyone else from what it could do, but how? Slowly, he took another step forward, and then another, his gaze still locked with the pulsing, seductive, Eye…

…He was so transfixed that he never saw the dark tendrils of power reaching out, beginning to wrap around him, as he headed closer and closer to the thing he had, without realizing, begun to bond with….

Among the many dragons traversing the Cloudsong, there were more than a few familiar faces, as well as those who had never been there before. Some were heading for specific spots, while others simply wandered. And some were currently focused more on specific dragons than on the fun and fascinating things around them…

14149485_350.png
Evenfall
Fighter, Empath
(Wind Born,
Arcane Adopted)

The sight of the familiar blue Guardian hurrying through the corridors caused a number of dragons to smile, and wave. She was well known to past revelers at the Cloudsong, as she had been coming for a number of years and always had a good thing to say about whatever show she chose to view. But today, the dragon in question was clearly not focused on the fun around her, as she headed not for the various stages and smaller areas where performances took place, but rather towards one of the many entrances and exits of the Cloudsong itself. And those who truly knew her well could see that something was very, very wrong….

...Evenfall was shaking by the time she got to the platform she was aiming for, her wings opening and snapping shut in agitation and fear. She stared out at the wide sky, scanning the arriving dragons with an almost feverish quality, her heart still pounding. She had to be here, she had to be! If she wasn’t…if she didn’t arrive in time….

Closing her eyes, Evenfall, took several deep breaths, seeing again those terrible threads of darkness reaching out to her Clanmate.

She had been watching this year’s Archery performance by Zephyr, enjoying the show immensely, when she had felt a sudden surge in the emotions around her. Usually, she could not detect such things that easily, but this satisfaction was so strong that it caught her attention immediately. Turning in surprise, she had seen Athena cradling a floating eye, of all things, holding it gently in a pocket of wind as she headed away from the show. Evenfall still wasn’t sure what had caused her to follow her Clanmate, abandoning Zephyr’s performance before it finished, but she was certainly glad that she had. Now if only her frantic call had reached its target before it was too late--THERE!

A familiar form appeared in the distance, growing rapidly larger. Within minutes the beautiful Pearlcatcher with the shimmering red wings had become fully visible, gliding in for a graceful landing on the platform. Evenfall almost sobbed in relief as she hurried forward to seize her Clanmate’s paw. “Thank the Arcanist, I was afraid you wouldn’t be in time…”
3812329_350.png
Soulfire
Artist and Dual Mage:
Water/Soul Magic, Fire/Spirit Magic

(Plague Born,
Arcane Adopted)

Reaching out quickly, Soulfire steadied her Clanmate and friend, her gentle red eyes widening in shock at the state the usually calm Guardian was in.

“Evenfall, love, calm down,” she said softly. “Take a breath, center yourself, and tell me what’s happened. Your message was not very forthcoming.”

That, in fact, was an understatement. The “message” had been a jolt of emotional shock and fear coupled with a pulling centered on Soulfire herself. A desperate, wild need for the dual Soul and Spirit Mage to come right now. Not something a dragon expected to feel coming from a Clanmate who was supposed to be enjoying herself at her favorite Event of the year.

Evenfall closed her eyes, clearly trying to quiet her fears and do as Soulfire asked. But equally clearly, it wasn’t working. “It’s Tolkien,” she blurted, “and Athena, too, I think…something’s wrong--a twisted familiar bonding, or maybe a control spell--something…Athena wouldn’t DO that to him, and Tolkien, he didn’t see what was happening, he’s too fixated on that awful Eye…” She shook, her whole body beginning to vibrate, her eyes wide and pleading. "I’m sorry, I know you weren’t planning to come, wanted to work on other projects while the caves were so empty, but I didn’t know what else to do—”

“Evenfall!” Soulfire’s sharp shout cut through the torrent of words--and caught the attention of several dragons nearby. Shooting an apologetic smile first at her shaking Clanmate and then at the attendant Skydancer looking after the platform, Soulfire gently guided the Guardian back inside the Cloudsong, reaching out with her own empathic magic as she did, trying to soothe the obvious fear and agitation.

Instantly, she understood. Evenfall was suffering from the peripheral residue of an empathic attack. It was fortunate that the Guardian had not been the actual target, or she would be even more of a mess than she was, but what she had picked up was bad enough for a dragon whose Empathy was almost entirely instinctual. She could subconsciously soothe the fear and agitation of others – and send out emotional “messages” to those she was close to -- but not much else. And she had no natural shields to speak of. Poor Evenfall had been completely overwhelmed by the sheer malice in this strike.

Fortunately, there was a way to fix that. Soulfire gently “stroked” Evenfall’s emotions, bringing them back to equilibrium. At the same time, she wove a simple spell around her old friend, a shield to temporarily block off all outside emotions. Within minutes, the Guardian had stopped shaking, her wings settling back in place, and her eyes losing that wild, desperate look.

Soulfire smiled. “Better?” She asked, observing as the emotions in her friend settled back to their usual, calm pool.

Evenfall nodded, breathing much more slowly now, her paws no longer trembling. “Can you help Tolkien?” She asked. “That thing isn’t bonding with him, Soulfire. It’s trying to take him over!” She swallowed hard. “It can’t have been intended to be here. It must have gotten in somehow…I think it’s from that new area of the Coli the Clan Mother warned us away from -- the one with the strange portal. It’s a spirit, or maybe a disembodied soul, and it wants him. Badly.”

The dual Soul and Spirit Mage smiled grimly. “Well, it’s a good thing you asked for my help, then, isn’t?” She straightened, calling her power around her in an almost visible aura. “Show me.”

Oh dear…it seems that Tolkien’s new “friend” might have been a bit more than Athena thought…and now one of the Clan’s more…interesting…mages has made an appearance. Hopefully she can fix this in time…
fw5Pc0h.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12