Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Adding fest items on f imp top wings
1 2
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-03-25 18:46:20" ] Support for all future releases. And to correct this current fest item tbh, you cant even see the bow [/quote] Agreed. A lot of the apparel shown in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3324559/1#post_3324559]original post[/url] is readily visible on other breeds and poses; it's frustrating to see female Imps excluded from this. Genuine question: What's the purpose of the apparel being hidden under their wings like that? Isn't apparel, especially large pieces like the fest items, meant to be [i]visible[/i]? EDIT: clarifications
Contaminate wrote on 2024-03-25 18:46:20:
Support for all future releases. And to correct this current fest item tbh, you cant even see the bow

Agreed. A lot of the apparel shown in the original post is readily visible on other breeds and poses; it's frustrating to see female Imps excluded from this.

Genuine question: What's the purpose of the apparel being hidden under their wings like that? Isn't apparel, especially large pieces like the fest items, meant to be visible?

EDIT: clarifications
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[quote name="Disillusionist" date="2024-03-25 21:49:18”] Genuine question: What's the purpose of the apparel being hidden under their wings like that? Isn't apparel, especially large pieces like the fest items, meant to be [i]visible[/i]? EDIT: clarifications [/quote] I assume it’s because if the dragon wanted to actually *use* the item it would be difficult or impossible to reach if it was strapped over their wing rather than under. Especially with how short imps arms are
Disillusionist wrote on "2024-03-25:

Genuine question: What's the purpose of the apparel being hidden under their wings like that? Isn't apparel, especially large pieces like the fest items, meant to be visible?

EDIT: clarifications
I assume it’s because if the dragon wanted to actually *use* the item it would be difficult or impossible to reach if it was strapped over their wing rather than under.
Especially with how short imps arms are
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon Thanks for the response! It does make sense logically, though I was instead thinking along the lines of visibility for the apparel. E.g., if it's a consistency issue, we still have apparel pieces that are carried under the wing in some poses, but are carried behind the wings on f-pose Imps. The scythes are a good example of this.

If it's a logic issue, consider pieces like the scythes and bandoliers -- if we're thinking about how Imps use them, it would make sense for them to be carried in front, under the wing (where the teeny arms can reach them!). But since they're slung across f-pose Imps' backs, they can be clearly seen -- something I was hoping for with the bow, or at least with future apparel. :'D
@Shinyumbreon Thanks for the response! It does make sense logically, though I was instead thinking along the lines of visibility for the apparel. E.g., if it's a consistency issue, we still have apparel pieces that are carried under the wing in some poses, but are carried behind the wings on f-pose Imps. The scythes are a good example of this.

If it's a logic issue, consider pieces like the scythes and bandoliers -- if we're thinking about how Imps use them, it would make sense for them to be carried in front, under the wing (where the teeny arms can reach them!). But since they're slung across f-pose Imps' backs, they can be clearly seen -- something I was hoping for with the bow, or at least with future apparel. :'D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2024-03-26 00:59:47" ] I assume it’s because if the dragon wanted to actually *use* the item it would be difficult or impossible to reach if it was strapped over their wing rather than under. Especially with how short imps arms are [/quote] The first archer set released might look silly but for visibility to the user dressing up, it's clear what the item is. The one that looks like it could be used correctly is the v-day bows. Added both to display. [outfit=2537186]
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2024-03-26 00:59:47:
I assume it’s because if the dragon wanted to actually *use* the item it would be difficult or impossible to reach if it was strapped over their wing rather than under.

The first archer set released might look silly but for visibility to the user dressing up, it's clear what the item is. The one that looks like it could be used correctly is the v-day bows. Added both to display.

ewrwer
siggy.png
Yes, please!
Female Imps have a really good pose that's dynamic and expressive. But they're so hard to customize because of how terrible most apparel looks on them.
Female Imps deserve better.
Yes, please!
Female Imps have a really good pose that's dynamic and expressive. But they're so hard to customize because of how terrible most apparel looks on them.
Female Imps deserve better.
yeah it's genuinely stupid, it's something that impacts spirals too - but if 90% of the dragon is its wings in the case of the F!imp pose, then the winged apparel should be where you can actually see it or else what's the point?
yeah it's genuinely stupid, it's something that impacts spirals too - but if 90% of the dragon is its wings in the case of the F!imp pose, then the winged apparel should be where you can actually see it or else what's the point?
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2024-03-26 00:59:47" ] I assume it’s because if the dragon wanted to actually *use* the item it would be difficult or impossible to reach if it was strapped over their wing rather than under. Especially with how short imps arms are [/quote] that's true, but let's be realistic here - what would magical ability capable dragons need with "primitive" weaponry like bows and arrows (i know they're not but lets say they are for the sake of the magic vs weapons argument)? more likely its for the aesthetic, which would make them wearing it incorrectly funnier XD
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2024-03-26 00:59:47:

that's true, but let's be realistic here - what would magical ability capable dragons need with "primitive" weaponry like bows and arrows (i know they're not but lets say they are for the sake of the magic vs weapons argument)? more likely its for the aesthetic, which would make them wearing it incorrectly funnier XD
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-03-28 02:02:22" ] yeah it's genuinely stupid, it's something that impacts spirals too - but if 90% of the dragon is its wings in the case of the F!imp pose, then the winged apparel should be where you can actually see it or else what's the point? [/quote] Oh no. D: It looks bad on spirals too?
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-03-28 02:02:22:
Oh no. D: It looks bad on spirals too?
siggy.png
1 2