Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do lore ppl pay attention to canon size
1 2 3 4 5
ehhh???? i'll acknowledge that the smaller breeds are most *definitely* smaller than say, a guardian or an imp, but not to the point that they're microscopic in comparison.
ehhh???? i'll acknowledge that the smaller breeds are most *definitely* smaller than say, a guardian or an imp, but not to the point that they're microscopic in comparison.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Kind of, although not as extreme as canon.

Except for auras, in my mind they will always be giant

I'm rather bad at interacting with people, so if I don't respond to something, I probably don't know what to say. Sorry in advance. FR time +2
UNA8DS1.png
I mostly follow canon sizes. For example, my fae Henidon is able to sit on my ridgeback Litraeyer's nose. My fae Prince A'Nehalle and my spiral Eleanor are at risk of being stepped on by my ridgeback Nheyrn.

There are some rule-breakers. My nocturne Astraeus, who should only be 5 meters long, is instead more like 120 meters long.

An unwritten part of my lore is that my dragons can just kinda... change size whenever they want. Most dragons will spend their time in the castle around the size of a pearlcatcher, but outside of it will revert to their natural size. Dragon magic and all that.
I mostly follow canon sizes. For example, my fae Henidon is able to sit on my ridgeback Litraeyer's nose. My fae Prince A'Nehalle and my spiral Eleanor are at risk of being stepped on by my ridgeback Nheyrn.

There are some rule-breakers. My nocturne Astraeus, who should only be 5 meters long, is instead more like 120 meters long.

An unwritten part of my lore is that my dragons can just kinda... change size whenever they want. Most dragons will spend their time in the castle around the size of a pearlcatcher, but outside of it will revert to their natural size. Dragon magic and all that.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
Yesn't.
I don't have lore right now, just random ideas of what I could do in the future.
Canon sizes are fun... if dragons were simply wild creatures just like animals of our world. I find it hard to understand how dragons could manage to create a human-like society and maintain relationships with other breeds when an Imp could easily blow away a Fae with just their breath, or snort them, like other people said, lol. Realistically, I find that those troubles would force dragons to only create clans with similar-sized breeds, and avoid any other who isn't.

Most of the time, when I create fan-characters, I do end up creating headcanons and editing canon lore to create some kind of AU. I find it fun to mix something already established with my own ideas. So I'll probably do this with canon once I finally decide on my lore, stuff like the deities, tundra's bad memory, obelisks' search for an identity, etc. will be kept, while things like sizes are edited. I like the idea of keeping them similar to what we see on the banner. Faes are tiny compared to Guardians, and they could totally sit on their shoulders bc that's cute, but they can still live together comfortably.
Yesn't.
I don't have lore right now, just random ideas of what I could do in the future.
Canon sizes are fun... if dragons were simply wild creatures just like animals of our world. I find it hard to understand how dragons could manage to create a human-like society and maintain relationships with other breeds when an Imp could easily blow away a Fae with just their breath, or snort them, like other people said, lol. Realistically, I find that those troubles would force dragons to only create clans with similar-sized breeds, and avoid any other who isn't.

Most of the time, when I create fan-characters, I do end up creating headcanons and editing canon lore to create some kind of AU. I find it fun to mix something already established with my own ideas. So I'll probably do this with canon once I finally decide on my lore, stuff like the deities, tundra's bad memory, obelisks' search for an identity, etc. will be kept, while things like sizes are edited. I like the idea of keeping them similar to what we see on the banner. Faes are tiny compared to Guardians, and they could totally sit on their shoulders bc that's cute, but they can still live together comfortably.
4fbe803ed646fbcd028dfa801eb5ab09449d520b.png |
|
|
|
|
|
|
• Lem/Nathan | They/he*+.
» FR +4
» Spanish & English speaker
» Link
» Link

GbZpiRc.pngG8AyR6r.pngxhI8XJV.png
0bMlzCz.pngeIK5iG7.png
B025AV5.png
Smallest breeds are still the smallest and the biggest breeds are still the biggest, BUT they aren't nearly as drastic as they are in the game. Like Faes won't die if an Imperial sneezes around them type of thing lol. Besides, I've had the idea of my dragons being Anthro style or even human-hybrids so I felt it would have been a bit difficult to write stories with everyone being such drastic heights. (not that I've written anything but yeah)
Smallest breeds are still the smallest and the biggest breeds are still the biggest, BUT they aren't nearly as drastic as they are in the game. Like Faes won't die if an Imperial sneezes around them type of thing lol. Besides, I've had the idea of my dragons being Anthro style or even human-hybrids so I felt it would have been a bit difficult to write stories with everyone being such drastic heights. (not that I've written anything but yeah)
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
[quote name="CocoatheRainWing" date="2024-03-23 16:03:27" ] Kind of, although not as extreme as canon. Except for auras, in my mind they will always be giant [/quote] Pretty much this, minus Auras since I apparently didn't know how large they are!!
CocoatheRainWing wrote on 2024-03-23 16:03:27:

Pretty much this, minus Auras since I apparently didn't know how large they are!!
HxP6kXi.png5196.png1051.png 1084.png34793.pngHxP6kXi.png
She/Her FR +3
I sure don't. They're all roughly the same size to me, though some breeds feel slightly larger (like veilspun, imperial, and auraboa) and some slightly smaller (like fae, and spiral) but that's based pretty much only on how they feel to me.
But my lore is... not really FR related at all anymore, so in lore they may not even be a FR species.
I sure don't. They're all roughly the same size to me, though some breeds feel slightly larger (like veilspun, imperial, and auraboa) and some slightly smaller (like fae, and spiral) but that's based pretty much only on how they feel to me.
But my lore is... not really FR related at all anymore, so in lore they may not even be a FR species.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
Mostly yes, I think it's creatively fun to think of how mixed-species societies would interact!

However, I do headcanon Spirals as about twice as large (more python-sized) and Nocturnes as half as small (more like a carved gargoyle). No real reason, they just look better that way to me.
Mostly yes, I think it's creatively fun to think of how mixed-species societies would interact!

However, I do headcanon Spirals as about twice as large (more python-sized) and Nocturnes as half as small (more like a carved gargoyle). No real reason, they just look better that way to me.
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
my profile does come with the warning that my lore is not flight rising lore, but definitely not, mainly because of breeding and relationships. Whenever i remember the size difference of Fae im just kinda ... because of the size of their mates. its a little hard to imagine a microscopic creature ever having a relationship with something that could swallow them in their sleep a la spiders georg... esp when theyre canonically hard to communicate with and use body language that might be really hard to see at that scale...

when theyre ancients i have a lot less of a reservation though!!! like i find the size of veilspuns a lot more fun because they dont have that weirdness in the gameplay. though... I still prefer if theyre like, horse size. my horse dragons. <3

in my head the difference between dragons is all fairly small, there are larger and smaller ones but its a lot more like the sizes of dog breeds sans micro and macro dogs such as chihuahuas and great danes. in my head i think of, for example, the difference in size between a cocker spaniel and a boxer - around 1/3 the size is where i draw my line.

also, all of my dragons are shapeshifters who use semi-human forms in order to manipulate humans, and a lot of the familiars are not canon because i think its weird that they can have a harpy in that menu the exact same way they can have an otter...

i am a lot more picky with lore than i thought...
my profile does come with the warning that my lore is not flight rising lore, but definitely not, mainly because of breeding and relationships. Whenever i remember the size difference of Fae im just kinda ... because of the size of their mates. its a little hard to imagine a microscopic creature ever having a relationship with something that could swallow them in their sleep a la spiders georg... esp when theyre canonically hard to communicate with and use body language that might be really hard to see at that scale...

when theyre ancients i have a lot less of a reservation though!!! like i find the size of veilspuns a lot more fun because they dont have that weirdness in the gameplay. though... I still prefer if theyre like, horse size. my horse dragons. <3

in my head the difference between dragons is all fairly small, there are larger and smaller ones but its a lot more like the sizes of dog breeds sans micro and macro dogs such as chihuahuas and great danes. in my head i think of, for example, the difference in size between a cocker spaniel and a boxer - around 1/3 the size is where i draw my line.

also, all of my dragons are shapeshifters who use semi-human forms in order to manipulate humans, and a lot of the familiars are not canon because i think its weird that they can have a harpy in that menu the exact same way they can have an otter...

i am a lot more picky with lore than i thought...
41843275_ytJQXoJkCdDluNC.gif 50221587_YyoaV7Z4CZmRkM9.png 50223074_BRoyLnKxMgfEg9k.gif 41938062_Q6XLf4QimZ6iVNy.png 50221275_Zuc2vPFXx3rvtdx.gif
1 2 3 4 5