Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A weird thought on ancients
So, I am recently catching up on lore. Like, I never really READ most of the ancient's stories. Now though, I wonder if these dragons existed before Arcanist broke the world pillar, or perhaps, with exception to those of plague, nature, and arcane, maybe they existed in the human era, just hidden away. Maybe they're born of the energies of their gods just, flowing outward. They then met and followed their deities after the pillar broke. Maybe Lightweaver created imperials as the first modern breed to try to recreate the process that made the ancients, but the process was so little understood that imperials are flawed and can become emperors.

Mind you, I'm not all the way through the lore, I just finished the Undertides, and I'm overtired from work this week so I might just be going nuts and missing a lot XD

But, what do you all think?
So, I am recently catching up on lore. Like, I never really READ most of the ancient's stories. Now though, I wonder if these dragons existed before Arcanist broke the world pillar, or perhaps, with exception to those of plague, nature, and arcane, maybe they existed in the human era, just hidden away. Maybe they're born of the energies of their gods just, flowing outward. They then met and followed their deities after the pillar broke. Maybe Lightweaver created imperials as the first modern breed to try to recreate the process that made the ancients, but the process was so little understood that imperials are flawed and can become emperors.

Mind you, I'm not all the way through the lore, I just finished the Undertides, and I'm overtired from work this week so I might just be going nuts and missing a lot XD

But, what do you all think?
Progen >93399p.png Art Shop 68696002p.png< Avatar
I mean, I think Aether at least are post-pillar-shattering, just because Arcanist made them? But I do like the idea of Lightweaver making an "Ancient" and goobering it up enough that she made Imps instead!
I mean, I think Aether at least are post-pillar-shattering, just because Arcanist made them? But I do like the idea of Lightweaver making an "Ancient" and goobering it up enough that she made Imps instead!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

i.. never really thought about this, but that's pretty interesting!
NcRl9aq.png
The Deities didn't split territory until the Pillar shattered, so they wouldn't have any reasons for dragons before then. Whatever societies they made in the First Age are probably long gone just by millenia passing.
The Deities didn't split territory until the Pillar shattered, so they wouldn't have any reasons for dragons before then. Whatever societies they made in the First Age are probably long gone just by millenia passing.
QYzhmAi.png
[quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2024-03-23 14:24:36" ] The Deities didn't split territory until the Pillar shattered, so they wouldn't have any reasons for dragons before then. Whatever societies they made in the First Age are probably long gone just by millenia passing. [/quote] Oh I’m not saying the ancients appeared with any form of purpose. I’m suggesting they just kinda, happened; similar to how the deities manifested as embodiments of their elements. Maybe the ancient breeds manifested as part of their respective deity’s power as they protected or interacted with the world. Edit; also I’m not saying they appeared in great numbers or with set territories. More like, random events. Heck they were probably few and far between given how other races dominated. But you’ve also got a good argument as to why this might not be! Thank you for adding to the discussion
MulberryScroll wrote on 2024-03-23 14:24:36:

Oh I’m not saying the ancients appeared with any form of purpose. I’m suggesting they just kinda, happened; similar to how the deities manifested as embodiments of their elements. Maybe the ancient breeds manifested as part of their respective deity’s power as they protected or interacted with the world.

Edit; also I’m not saying they appeared in great numbers or with set territories. More like, random events. Heck they were probably few and far between given how other races dominated.

But you’ve also got a good argument as to why this might not be! Thank you for adding to the discussion
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-03-23 13:29:48" ] I mean, I think Aether at least are post-pillar-shattering, just because Arcanist made them? But I do like the idea of Lightweaver making an "Ancient" and goobering it up enough that she made Imps instead! [/quote] Aethers also could’ve been born just, by Arcanist’s energy and exploration. Maybe he just didn’t notice them until later lol
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-03-23 13:29:48:

Aethers also could’ve been born just, by Arcanist’s energy and exploration. Maybe he just didn’t notice them until later lol
[quote name="ARandoPerso" date="2024-03-23 14:27:30" ] Oh I’m not saying the ancients appeared with any form of purpose. I’m suggesting they just kinda, happened; similar to how the deities manifested as embodiments of their elements. Maybe the ancient breeds manifested as part of their respective deity’s power as they protected or interacted with the world. [/quote] That one makes sense in the time after the Pillar shattered before clans were fully estabilished, but before that, their power was concentrated inside it. The First Age encyclopedia entry mentions their war amongst themselves and the Shade ravaged what little they had created at the beginning.
ARandoPerso wrote on 2024-03-23 14:27:30:
Oh I’m not saying the ancients appeared with any form of purpose. I’m suggesting they just kinda, happened; similar to how the deities manifested as embodiments of their elements. Maybe the ancient breeds manifested as part of their respective deity’s power as they protected or interacted with the world.

That one makes sense in the time after the Pillar shattered before clans were fully estabilished, but before that, their power was concentrated inside it. The First Age encyclopedia entry mentions their war amongst themselves and the Shade ravaged what little they had created at the beginning.
QYzhmAi.png
[quote name="ARandoPerso" date="2024-03-23 14:30:22" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-03-23 13:29:48" ] I mean, I think Aether at least are post-pillar-shattering, just because Arcanist made them? But I do like the idea of Lightweaver making an "Ancient" and goobering it up enough that she made Imps instead! [/quote] Aethers also could’ve been born just, by Arcanist’s energy and exploration. Maybe he just didn’t notice them until later lol [/quote] arcanist: *sneezes six times in a row, decides to go to bed* that night, in his library: *munch munch*
ARandoPerso wrote on 2024-03-23 14:30:22:

Aethers also could’ve been born just, by Arcanist’s energy and exploration. Maybe he just didn’t notice them until later lol
arcanist: *sneezes six times in a row, decides to go to bed*
that night, in his library: *munch munch*
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-03-23 17:32:17" ] [quote name="ARandoPerso" date="2024-03-23 14:30:22" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-03-23 13:29:48" ] I mean, I think Aether at least are post-pillar-shattering, just because Arcanist made them? But I do like the idea of Lightweaver making an "Ancient" and goobering it up enough that she made Imps instead! [/quote] Aethers also could’ve been born just, by Arcanist’s energy and exploration. Maybe he just didn’t notice them until later lol [/quote] arcanist: *sneezes six times in a row, decides to go to bed* that night, in his library: *munch munch* [/quote] Lol yes. he wakes up to everything being consumed
Achaius wrote on 2024-03-23 17:32:17:
ARandoPerso wrote on 2024-03-23 14:30:22:

arcanist: *sneezes six times in a row, decides to go to bed*
that night, in his library: *munch munch*
Lol yes. he wakes up to everything being consumed