Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do you think viperpillars metamorphose?
i just had a thought about the relationship between two types of familiar-
do viperpillars go through metamorphosis? and if so, do they turn into buttersnakes?
i just had a thought about the relationship between two types of familiar-
do viperpillars go through metamorphosis? and if so, do they turn into buttersnakes?
Whether they do or don't, this is now my new head canon!
Whether they do or don't, this is now my new head canon!
WegjcrA.pngM00ynEg.pngD2vq3xk.png

tumblr_inline_od6kgtJjsY1ts73zp_540.pngtumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngnE2iWmO.pngtumblr_inline_p5c7fvTmR81r3h1o8_540.png

VfhqktH.png
well, by the looks of it viperpillars look the most like hornworms, or atleast this guy does [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/51936.png[/img] and hornworms are the larval stage of hawkmoths so now im just imagining huge snake-moths. like buttersnakes if buttersnakes where terrifying.
well, by the looks of it viperpillars look the most like hornworms, or atleast this guy does
51936.png
and hornworms are the larval stage of hawkmoths so now im just imagining huge snake-moths.

like buttersnakes if buttersnakes where terrifying.
jellyfishspace.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Reminder to drink some water!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
..Maybe?? i just choose to believe they don't, but that's because i personally don't think a viperpillar can be improved on. they are sornieths most perfect creature
..Maybe?? i just choose to believe they don't, but that's because i personally don't think a viperpillar can be improved on. they are sornieths most perfect creature
RIuVQv5.png looking for an orca/orca/shale w/ plague eyes
I don't think they do; just because they resemble caterpillars doesn't mean they must have a similar lifestyle. That's my opinion though.
I don't think they do; just because they resemble caterpillars doesn't mean they must have a similar lifestyle. That's my opinion though.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
I feel like it could be an axolotl situation for Viperpillars. The majority of them would never metamorphose and remain in the larval form we see. Only in very specific conditions do they metamorphose, and it being so rare means there is little to no visual record of the metamorphosed form. I don't think the final form would be a buttersnake though. That's just my spin on it [emoji=mirror tongue size=1].
I feel like it could be an axolotl situation for Viperpillars. The majority of them would never metamorphose and remain in the larval form we see. Only in very specific conditions do they metamorphose, and it being so rare means there is little to no visual record of the metamorphosed form. I don't think the final form would be a buttersnake though. That's just my spin on it .
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Where else would buttersnakes come from?
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2024-03-22 15:38:33" ] Where else would buttersnakes come from? [/quote] my thoughts exactly
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2024-03-22 15:38:33:

my thoughts exactly
on the lookout for a Cream/Stonewash XYY G1!FBE5aoM.gifMM4mvgi.png
[quote name="Jellyinspace" date="2024-03-21 11:00:37" ] well, by the looks of it viperpillars look the most like hornworms, or atleast this guy does [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/51936.png[/img] and hornworms are the larval stage of hawkmoths so now im just imagining huge snake-moths. like buttersnakes if buttersnakes where terrifying. [/quote] Imagine a mature viperpillar hawkmoth-buttersnake as the next pair of boss familiars. Like the bigger, scarier cousin of the buttersnake.
Jellyinspace wrote on 2024-03-21 11:00:37:
well, by the looks of it viperpillars look the most like hornworms, or atleast this guy does
51936.png
and hornworms are the larval stage of hawkmoths so now im just imagining huge snake-moths.

like buttersnakes if buttersnakes where terrifying.

Imagine a mature viperpillar hawkmoth-buttersnake as the next pair of boss familiars. Like the bigger, scarier cousin of the buttersnake.
J3t0n4O.png
Now that we have it confirmed from the Staff that various limbs can grow due to "elemental radiation", which we really have no comparable phenomenon to irl, I say "whatever works AND looks cool, works". Personally, in my lore (which isn't FR lore anymore, really), Viperpillars are not vertebrate-like creatures, while Buttersnakes and Amphitheres both are. Instead, they're like these boys [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1XUSYv7xgPo/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
Now that we have it confirmed from the Staff that various limbs can grow due to "elemental radiation", which we really have no comparable phenomenon to irl, I say "whatever works AND looks cool, works".

Personally, in my lore (which isn't FR lore anymore, really), Viperpillars are not vertebrate-like creatures, while Buttersnakes and Amphitheres both are.

Instead, they're like these boys

maxresdefault.jpg
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources