Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you pronounce Aberration?
1 2 3 4 5
ah-buh-RAY-shun

I'm British if that's of interest.
ah-buh-RAY-shun

5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Ah
Bur
A
Shun
Edit: I did tion instead of shun
Ah
Bur
A
Shun
Edit: I did tion instead of shun
Screenshot-20240128-172548-Chrome.png
[quote name="KyreDusk" date="2024-03-16 08:51:33" ] Ab-er-ray-shun [/quote] ^ like this there are other ways?
KyreDusk wrote on 2024-03-16 08:51:33:
Ab-er-ray-shun
^ like this
there are other ways?

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
[quote name="KyreDusk" date="2024-03-16 08:51:33" ] Ab-er-ray-shun [/quote] This is exactly how I say it too. But I also just call them abbies lol
KyreDusk wrote on 2024-03-16 08:51:33:
Ab-er-ray-shun
This is exactly how I say it too. But I also just call them abbies lol
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
Ah-bare-ae-shun...?
With a rolled R because the bare-ae kinda gets turned into baerae
So really it's Ah-baerae-shun.
Ah-bare-ae-shun...?
With a rolled R because the bare-ae kinda gets turned into baerae
So really it's Ah-baerae-shun.
[quote name="Sciencing" date="2024-03-16 12:27:39" ] ah-buh-RAY-shun I'm British if that's of interest. [/quote] this and I'm from the USA
Sciencing wrote on 2024-03-16 12:27:39:
ah-buh-RAY-shun

this and I'm from the USA
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
like. the word aberration. it's an actual word, there's not an alternate pronunciation unless you've got an accent/dialect.
like. the word aberration. it's an actual word, there's not an alternate pronunciation unless you've got an accent/dialect.
?/æ.b????ei.?n?/

awh. FR doesn't like IPA.
?/æ.b????ei.?n?/

awh. FR doesn't like IPA.
uHUuVFD.png
ab-er-ay-shun
I suppose I pronounce the breed just like the word
ab-er-ay-shun
I suppose I pronounce the breed just like the word
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
[quote name="ShadowLugia111" date="2024-03-16 11:38:55" ] [quote name="Likewise" date="2024-03-16 10:35:45" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2024-03-16 09:06:00" ] In British English, the word should be pronounced as "a·buh·ray·shn" but according to a quick google search (it's a real word so we can find out what it's Supposed to be) you might say "a·br·ay·shn" if you're American. I'm a Brit myself so I go with the British English pronounciation. [/quote] I am a goddamn American and this offends me! An abrasion is a scrape, nobody pronounces aberration this way and if they do they're no friend of mine! [/quote] [quote name="CocoatheRainWing" date="2024-03-16 10:59:54" ] I have lived in the US my entire life and I have never heard anyone pronounce it like abrasion. That's an entirely different word, what the heck. [/quote] As a fellow American, I don't think "a·br·ay·shn" is supposed to be "abrasion"? It's probably supposed to be "a-bur-ay-shn"? I think "abrasion" would be "a·bray·shn". Because like you said, I don't think anyone would ever say "abrasion" when they mean "aberration". [emoji=aberration confused size=1] But anyway, yeah. I pronounce it "a-bur-ay-shun". It didn't occur to me that "a-buh-ray-shun" was a possibility, but it makes sense taking British pronunciation into account. [/quote] Maybe its like, a speed thing? Like instead of just "abrasion" is a super fast A-[i]brr[/i]-ation? I'm American as well and trying SO hard to justify the weird pronunciation,,,
ShadowLugia111 wrote on 2024-03-16 11:38:55:
Likewise wrote on 2024-03-16 10:35:45:
Recallback wrote on 2024-03-16 09:06:00:
In British English, the word should be pronounced as "a·buh·ray·shn" but according to a quick google search (it's a real word so we can find out what it's Supposed to be) you might say "a·br·ay·shn" if you're American.

I'm a Brit myself so I go with the British English pronounciation.

I am a goddamn American and this offends me! An abrasion is a scrape, nobody pronounces aberration this way and if they do they're no friend of mine!
CocoatheRainWing wrote on 2024-03-16 10:59:54:
I have lived in the US my entire life and I have never heard anyone pronounce it like abrasion. That's an entirely different word, what the heck.

As a fellow American, I don't think "a·br·ay·shn" is supposed to be "abrasion"? It's probably supposed to be "a-bur-ay-shn"?

I think "abrasion" would be "a·bray·shn". Because like you said, I don't think anyone would ever say "abrasion" when they mean "aberration".

But anyway, yeah. I pronounce it "a-bur-ay-shun". It didn't occur to me that "a-buh-ray-shun" was a possibility, but it makes sense taking British pronunciation into account.

Maybe its like, a speed thing? Like instead of just "abrasion" is a super fast A-brr-ation? I'm American as well and trying SO hard to justify the weird pronunciation,,,
8GgdVkW.png
jv7C6g3.png
h5ct4ZF.png
E5fWRUt.png
XbjATWE.png
5hF3FGk.png
zjJ1agu.png pfsNEft.png
Purchase an Aztec inspired-boggy adopt! nYNcLTN.png
1 2 3 4 5