Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Chasing Immortality
1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I hope everything goes as easily as it can go! I'm sending virtual hugs! And take as much time as you need to before coming back! We all totally understand! If you need to talk, I'm always available!

Interested in what ideas you have brewing! Can't wait to hear them! <3
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I hope everything goes as easily as it can go! I'm sending virtual hugs! And take as much time as you need to before coming back! We all totally understand! If you need to talk, I'm always available!

Interested in what ideas you have brewing! Can't wait to hear them! <3
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Phanerozoic

Honestly nest slowdown has been my biggest thing (that and removing time constraints). I'm my biggest enemy in that because I get so excited about nests from pinkerlocke pairs! But I have a massive amount of pairs in hibden too that I can breed and then sell as fodder or train myself, so maybe having a dice roll or something where a pinkerlocke pair has a smaller percentage to get in than a hibden dragon would make a world of a difference, thank you.
@Phanerozoic

Honestly nest slowdown has been my biggest thing (that and removing time constraints). I'm my biggest enemy in that because I get so excited about nests from pinkerlocke pairs! But I have a massive amount of pairs in hibden too that I can breed and then sell as fodder or train myself, so maybe having a dice roll or something where a pinkerlocke pair has a smaller percentage to get in than a hibden dragon would make a world of a difference, thank you.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Please take all the time you need- FR and the lockes will be here, your readers will be here, but please give yourself and your heart the time to grieve. <3
@Petall Please take all the time you need- FR and the lockes will be here, your readers will be here, but please give yourself and your heart the time to grieve. <3
H605BRf.png
I'm so sorry, take all the time you need for yourself, we'll still be here!
I'm so sorry, take all the time you need for yourself, we'll still be here!
tSKOR3g.png
- Wind Subspecies Hub
- Painted Clouds
- Foo's Eye Guardians
- Wishlist
- Clan Lore

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, and I'm so sorry to hear about how things have been going lately. Take all the time you need to rest and take care of yourself! Sending you all the hugs and comforting vibes, and I hope things aren't too rough for you.
Thank you for keeping us in the loop, and I'm so sorry to hear about how things have been going lately. Take all the time you need to rest and take care of yourself! Sending you all the hugs and comforting vibes, and I hope things aren't too rough for you.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, we'll be here when you're ready.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, we'll be here when you're ready.
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Please, take as much time as you need and please take care of yourself.
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Please, take as much time as you need and please take care of yourself.
I'm so sorry to hear of your dog's sudden downward turn... take all the time you need. Losing anyone you love is so hard. Definitely give yourself all the room you need to grieve. And the flexibility of time for your Locke's is a great idea. It's honestly the route I turned to because life for me kept getting unpredictable.
I'm so sorry to hear of your dog's sudden downward turn... take all the time you need. Losing anyone you love is so hard. Definitely give yourself all the room you need to grieve. And the flexibility of time for your Locke's is a great idea. It's honestly the route I turned to because life for me kept getting unpredictable.
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png

This will probably be the last update ping before I post an actual chapter (still have no idea when that will be, but I'm almost feeling ready to dip my toes into Flight Rising again). I just wanted to let you know my thoughts for the locke going forward so I can finish it strongly without being overwhelmed.

As I have said before, I am no longer putting time constraints on the locke. What this will look like will be lockes likely going on for longer than a year, and ending them when I feel they have reached their natural conclusion (Or shorter than a year if I feel like things are wrapping up naturally before then). A locke a year worked really well when I was less busy, but now that I am working full time and have more responsibilities, I cannot maintain that without burning out. My plan for my next locke is going to be more based on the fest apparel than the familiars anyways, so we'll be breaking away from the "familiars shape the plot of the story", as much as I really enjoyed it. They still may come into play somehow, but it will be less rigid.

What this means for this locke is we will still do the remaining challenges (The Challenge of Shadow, The Challenge of Wind, The Challenge of Water and The Challenge of Nature) they will just likely not occur until after they corresponding fests actually happen. Likely months after they actually happen. I will write chapters between too, and just place the challenges when they naturally seem to fit instead of trying to rush them when the fests arrive. The next chapter I write will be the Challenge of Shadow, I am unsure how many chapters the challenge will be, but this will allow me to add more to the challenges rather than just fitting everything in one chapter. This will also allow me to take breaks when life gets in the way, or I need time to think about how the story is going to go. This will also allow me the time to finally start planning and writing lore for the first of my two original, unwritten clans to achieve my goal of having the complete arc of lore I have had since I joined the site in 2016.

Once I reach the end of the Challenge of Water and we enter the final "month" of the locke, that is when I am going to start my training push, and see who makes it out of the locke alive. That last "year" will probably be quite long, to give all the deaths justice. New dragons and nests will also be cut off at that point.

Speaking of new dragons, to stop myself being overwhelmed, I will still be accepting gift dragons at the usual rate (though be aware as we near the end of the locke with high populations, I cannot guarantee a lot of appearances or room for their plots and character arcs in the locke), and I will be cutting back on nests from pursuits. I will roll a d6 for each nest that a pursuit asks for, and if I get a 6, it will be a locke nest. Any other ones will be a pair from my hibden. I may occasionally bring in a kid from one of those nests into the locke, but that will be less likely later in the locke if I already have kids from that pair in the locke (for example, Malcolm and Maria have three descendants in the locke: Sunny, Buttons and Brightsea, so unless I got really attached to the appearance of one of their kids, I would not be keeping any of their kids. But a pair who doesn't have kids in the locke yet, like Yahira and Borealis, or someone who had a kid in the locke who died, like Wren and Sylas, would likely result in me choosing my favourite of the nest to bring in).

Anyways, that's it for big updates, I just wanted to keep you all in the loop of shifts going forward

This will probably be the last update ping before I post an actual chapter (still have no idea when that will be, but I'm almost feeling ready to dip my toes into Flight Rising again). I just wanted to let you know my thoughts for the locke going forward so I can finish it strongly without being overwhelmed.

As I have said before, I am no longer putting time constraints on the locke. What this will look like will be lockes likely going on for longer than a year, and ending them when I feel they have reached their natural conclusion (Or shorter than a year if I feel like things are wrapping up naturally before then). A locke a year worked really well when I was less busy, but now that I am working full time and have more responsibilities, I cannot maintain that without burning out. My plan for my next locke is going to be more based on the fest apparel than the familiars anyways, so we'll be breaking away from the "familiars shape the plot of the story", as much as I really enjoyed it. They still may come into play somehow, but it will be less rigid.

What this means for this locke is we will still do the remaining challenges (The Challenge of Shadow, The Challenge of Wind, The Challenge of Water and The Challenge of Nature) they will just likely not occur until after they corresponding fests actually happen. Likely months after they actually happen. I will write chapters between too, and just place the challenges when they naturally seem to fit instead of trying to rush them when the fests arrive. The next chapter I write will be the Challenge of Shadow, I am unsure how many chapters the challenge will be, but this will allow me to add more to the challenges rather than just fitting everything in one chapter. This will also allow me to take breaks when life gets in the way, or I need time to think about how the story is going to go. This will also allow me the time to finally start planning and writing lore for the first of my two original, unwritten clans to achieve my goal of having the complete arc of lore I have had since I joined the site in 2016.

Once I reach the end of the Challenge of Water and we enter the final "month" of the locke, that is when I am going to start my training push, and see who makes it out of the locke alive. That last "year" will probably be quite long, to give all the deaths justice. New dragons and nests will also be cut off at that point.

Speaking of new dragons, to stop myself being overwhelmed, I will still be accepting gift dragons at the usual rate (though be aware as we near the end of the locke with high populations, I cannot guarantee a lot of appearances or room for their plots and character arcs in the locke), and I will be cutting back on nests from pursuits. I will roll a d6 for each nest that a pursuit asks for, and if I get a 6, it will be a locke nest. Any other ones will be a pair from my hibden. I may occasionally bring in a kid from one of those nests into the locke, but that will be less likely later in the locke if I already have kids from that pair in the locke (for example, Malcolm and Maria have three descendants in the locke: Sunny, Buttons and Brightsea, so unless I got really attached to the appearance of one of their kids, I would not be keeping any of their kids. But a pair who doesn't have kids in the locke yet, like Yahira and Borealis, or someone who had a kid in the locke who died, like Wren and Sylas, would likely result in me choosing my favourite of the nest to bring in).

Anyways, that's it for big updates, I just wanted to keep you all in the loop of shifts going forward
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
A good update! I hope that it’ll help you be able to craft stories that are fulfilling and satisfactory for you! Slowing down the influx of dragons, especially, I hope helps with the feeling that everything is getting a bit much.

A small question that I may be *slightly* invested in: will mail days still be following the challenges, regardless of when the challenges are posted?
A good update! I hope that it’ll help you be able to craft stories that are fulfilling and satisfactory for you! Slowing down the influx of dragons, especially, I hope helps with the feeling that everything is getting a bit much.

A small question that I may be *slightly* invested in: will mail days still be following the challenges, regardless of when the challenges are posted?
tSKOR3g.png
- Wind Subspecies Hub
- Painted Clouds
- Foo's Eye Guardians
- Wishlist
- Clan Lore

1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97