Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Being employed has changed my playstyle
1 2 3 4
Sorry to say it, but welcome to being an adult ;--;

I hate it too, I have like NO energy after work for stuff; I tend to actually only Coli when i'm in bed on my iPad just before I sleep xD

(I also pop up here when i'm at work, usually on my phone, but i don't really Coli xD mostly just to check notifs)
Sorry to say it, but welcome to being an adult ;--;

I hate it too, I have like NO energy after work for stuff; I tend to actually only Coli when i'm in bed on my iPad just before I sleep xD

(I also pop up here when i'm at work, usually on my phone, but i don't really Coli xD mostly just to check notifs)
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
I sometimes do my daily fairgrounds maxing while on my exercise bike. Otherwise, like many others, I grind while watching TV or Youtube.
I sometimes do my daily fairgrounds maxing while on my exercise bike. Otherwise, like many others, I grind while watching TV or Youtube.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
I feel this. I work from home so I have a lot more free time on my hands, but still. There's only so much I can do the coli before I burn out unfortunately.
I feel this. I work from home so I have a lot more free time on my hands, but still. There's only so much I can do the coli before I burn out unfortunately.
mt8lr6s.png
I work from home, so my schedule is fairly flexible, but I'm also deliberately casual about coli. If there's no fest/event/push going on, I may not touch coli in a week. Depends on my free time and what I feel like.

For dom badges, if I know I'm going to have a busy office day, I may train extras the previous day and leave them unexalted in my lair so I can exalt them the next day for the badge.
I work from home, so my schedule is fairly flexible, but I'm also deliberately casual about coli. If there's no fest/event/push going on, I may not touch coli in a week. Depends on my free time and what I feel like.

For dom badges, if I know I'm going to have a busy office day, I may train extras the previous day and leave them unexalted in my lair so I can exalt them the next day for the badge.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
last two weeks gave me the chance to practice balancing work and big exalting numbers, actually! it made me go slightly insane! my work day ends early though, it was a massively impromptu battle, and i have a massive hyperfixation on fr, so ymmv. i'd go home and immediately get on the coli grind, leaving almost no time or room in my brain to focus on anything else.

however, normally, during normal pushes, it's more chill. i give myself a stopping point well before my bedtime, giving me time to do Literally Anything Else. plus, if i find i can't focus on either coli or other games, i remind myself that there's always another day. nothing is going to disappear, everyone is working together, and i don't need to worry

and then, when we're not pushing, or we're profiting, i just do the coli when i'm up to it. i don't worry about if i can do a lot or not. i do at least one round a day during profit pushes for the daily badges (i'm a badge hound), and i just let my whims take me where they want when we're chilling. coli's not going anywhere.

also i listen to a lot of hype music to get in the mood. lol. show by ado is forever my grinding song now.

hope this stream of consciousness helps you somewhat ::]
last two weeks gave me the chance to practice balancing work and big exalting numbers, actually! it made me go slightly insane! my work day ends early though, it was a massively impromptu battle, and i have a massive hyperfixation on fr, so ymmv. i'd go home and immediately get on the coli grind, leaving almost no time or room in my brain to focus on anything else.

however, normally, during normal pushes, it's more chill. i give myself a stopping point well before my bedtime, giving me time to do Literally Anything Else. plus, if i find i can't focus on either coli or other games, i remind myself that there's always another day. nothing is going to disappear, everyone is working together, and i don't need to worry

and then, when we're not pushing, or we're profiting, i just do the coli when i'm up to it. i don't worry about if i can do a lot or not. i do at least one round a day during profit pushes for the daily badges (i'm a badge hound), and i just let my whims take me where they want when we're chilling. coli's not going anywhere.

also i listen to a lot of hype music to get in the mood. lol. show by ado is forever my grinding song now.

hope this stream of consciousness helps you somewhat ::]
i basically stopped playing, unfortunately. started playing in aug 2016 and i graduated the following summer in 2017. i was able to play as normal until 2018 NoTN, which makes sense as november 2018 is when i officially got "promoted" from part time to full time. uuuuuuhhh based on my festival items it was infrequently popping in from late 2018/early 2019 until i came back oct 2024. which i quit/got fired in oct 2024....so i found myself having a lot more free time.

it's difficult to find balance, and there is no way to fit it all in without sacrificing something else.

my biggest piece of advice is have a solid routine, whatever that means to you. i used to get very upset when i would experience executive dysfunction and basically spend a whole night on my phone because im too stressed to do anything. having a routine helps that and lets me do more of what makes me happy because i know when to expect having to clean or food shop or socialize or whatever it is.

your play style will probably change, but it's also an opportunity to do something on this game you have never done before. i play completely differently now that i did last time i had access to free time.

also not sure if you play bg3 with people on single player but i keep either my ipad for fr or a crochet/knit project with me to keep me occupied during battles and long cutscenes lol
i basically stopped playing, unfortunately. started playing in aug 2016 and i graduated the following summer in 2017. i was able to play as normal until 2018 NoTN, which makes sense as november 2018 is when i officially got "promoted" from part time to full time. uuuuuuhhh based on my festival items it was infrequently popping in from late 2018/early 2019 until i came back oct 2024. which i quit/got fired in oct 2024....so i found myself having a lot more free time.

it's difficult to find balance, and there is no way to fit it all in without sacrificing something else.

my biggest piece of advice is have a solid routine, whatever that means to you. i used to get very upset when i would experience executive dysfunction and basically spend a whole night on my phone because im too stressed to do anything. having a routine helps that and lets me do more of what makes me happy because i know when to expect having to clean or food shop or socialize or whatever it is.

your play style will probably change, but it's also an opportunity to do something on this game you have never done before. i play completely differently now that i did last time i had access to free time.

also not sure if you play bg3 with people on single player but i keep either my ipad for fr or a crochet/knit project with me to keep me occupied during battles and long cutscenes lol
ACDRIpg.png
TO5f5vS.png
gVI5OAO.png
LTm7UbO.png

mlHpBMC.png
Y3tHz6g.png
rix3ppo.png
plague.gif
boss makes a dollar

i make a dime

thats why i coli

on company time
boss makes a dollar

i make a dime

thats why i coli

on company time
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I'm a full-time college student with an only-kind-of-part-time job. The weeks I pull are usually 60-80 hours not counting household chores and extracurriculars. There's just no time for much!

What I do is hoard a bunch of fodder. Like, fill my entire lair with just fodder dragons. And I slowly train two-four dragons whenever I've got just a little bit of free time. Then I sell them all when a big push happens. Gets me my biggest bang for my buck - I made over 4mt during this last week with that strategy.
I'm a full-time college student with an only-kind-of-part-time job. The weeks I pull are usually 60-80 hours not counting household chores and extracurriculars. There's just no time for much!

What I do is hoard a bunch of fodder. Like, fill my entire lair with just fodder dragons. And I slowly train two-four dragons whenever I've got just a little bit of free time. Then I sell them all when a big push happens. Gets me my biggest bang for my buck - I made over 4mt during this last week with that strategy.
[quote name="lilabet" date="2024-03-11 08:49:05" ] until i came back oct 2024. which i quit/got fired in oct 2024....so i found myself having a lot more free time. [/quote] Time traveller spotted!
lilabet wrote on 2024-03-11 08:49:05:
until i came back oct 2024. which i quit/got fired in oct 2024....so i found myself having a lot more free time.

Time traveller spotted!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I feel this a lot unfortunately. I was a teenager when I joined and had a lot of free time but since I got hired in 2021, I have been a super casual player. I rarely train and exalt because, like you said, I could be spending my time doing things I actually enjoy. Why would I expend my energy on virtual currency I will probably waste in 3 days rather than reading something or drawing something I will remember for years? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using your free time to coli, I just can't bring myself to do it.
I feel this a lot unfortunately. I was a teenager when I joined and had a lot of free time but since I got hired in 2021, I have been a super casual player. I rarely train and exalt because, like you said, I could be spending my time doing things I actually enjoy. Why would I expend my energy on virtual currency I will probably waste in 3 days rather than reading something or drawing something I will remember for years? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using your free time to coli, I just can't bring myself to do it.
imageedit_7_8440965932.png
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 21 ✧✧✧
•••
MY HATCHERY
imageedit_6_5428970908.png
1 2 3 4