Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Sideways Glance | art dump
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Holy smokes it's been a while since my last post! I've got a few things today, woo! First off, a couple of trades I did, this one for @/ImmaBananaSplit onsite! [img]https://i.imgur.com/0XmOsOk.png[/img] I loved the design for this OC, and we did a black and white trade. It was fun to work in a monochrome style again~ I'll be getting a piece of Shadow Man (my OC) in return. :3
Holy smokes it's been a while since my last post! I've got a few things today, woo!

First off, a couple of trades I did, this one for @/ImmaBananaSplit onsite!

0XmOsOk.png

I loved the design for this OC, and we did a black and white trade. It was fun to work in a monochrome style again~ I'll be getting a piece of Shadow Man (my OC) in return. :3
[img]https://i.imgur.com/AqSL0Z6.png[/img] A trade with someone on Neopets, their OC, Tim! I did a coloring page for this one, and had a bust/waist up of One in return~ We're doing another trade as well, ehehe (I honestly only do fullbody trades but totally forgot to communicate that, and while we didn't have to do another trade, they offered and I was totally okay with it~ I'll get a piece of Facilier in return for the 2nd one).
AqSL0Z6.png

A trade with someone on Neopets, their OC, Tim!

I did a coloring page for this one, and had a bust/waist up of One in return~ We're doing another trade as well, ehehe (I honestly only do fullbody trades but totally forgot to communicate that, and while we didn't have to do another trade, they offered and I was totally okay with it~ I'll get a piece of Facilier in return for the 2nd one).
And a new OC, of which I suddenly thought up this morning. [img]https://i.imgur.com/tWy2WeF.png[/img] Tbh, I was probably super inspired by Facilier's lore and who he was based off of, but all of the sudden, this whole OC just started to come into mind and I had to draw him asap. xD Unlike Facilier, Molluk relied on dark magic and tarot readings rather than voodoo and false charm. He genuinely cared about others and actually would tend to only spite those who clearly had malicious intent toward himself or his business. However, Molluk will probably be an offsite char due to having a dark story and it could become quite a bit for FR. But FR safe version: Molluk was brought from a very horrible upbringing; He eventually learned about certain magics and wanted to learn them to try improving his life. Eventually, he did master quite a bit of that magic, and was also a professional magician, before learning more dark arts, and lost his job due to it. He then became a gambler and used his magic to somehow turn card games in his favor. No one knew he was cheating at the time, and he eventually just had enough to buy himself a mansion and another place to act as a shelter for those who also lived the same life he did. Despite using dark magic, Molluk actually really symphasizes with those who lived in bad conditions, and was actually quite the caring guy. He offered services to those who required them, and normally didn't require any form of payment. Eventually, he had a very prized pupil, who really enjoyed learning from him, and it was soon after she became pretty experienced with the same magics as himself, Molluk was deemed an enemy and his mansion was suddnely burnt down - with him in it - overnight. He spoke to his pupil from the afterlife, and said that she could summon him temporarily should she learn the powers of necromancy. Built on revenge for the death of her mentor, she learned just that and summoned Molluk from the grave -- but eventually went overboard, to the point that the magics were no longer able to bring him back. Molluk was then brought to Grymma, and soon became the Immortal of Wisdom, judging those from how they used their Grymmaja wisely. When One became God-King of Grymma, Molluk was able to finally have eternal rest along with the other two Immortals -- and it's said that he still communicates with his pupil to this day, though perhaps face to face in the afterlife.
And a new OC, of which I suddenly thought up this morning.

tWy2WeF.png

Tbh, I was probably super inspired by Facilier's lore and who he was based off of, but all of the sudden, this whole OC just started to come into mind and I had to draw him asap. xD

Unlike Facilier, Molluk relied on dark magic and tarot readings rather than voodoo and false charm. He genuinely cared about others and actually would tend to only spite those who clearly had malicious intent toward himself or his business.

However, Molluk will probably be an offsite char due to having a dark story and it could become quite a bit for FR.

But FR safe version:

Molluk was brought from a very horrible upbringing; He eventually learned about certain magics and wanted to learn them to try improving his life.

Eventually, he did master quite a bit of that magic, and was also a professional magician, before learning more dark arts, and lost his job due to it. He then became a gambler and used his magic to somehow turn card games in his favor. No one knew he was cheating at the time, and he eventually just had enough to buy himself a mansion and another place to act as a shelter for those who also lived the same life he did.

Despite using dark magic, Molluk actually really symphasizes with those who lived in bad conditions, and was actually quite the caring guy. He offered services to those who required them, and normally didn't require any form of payment.

Eventually, he had a very prized pupil, who really enjoyed learning from him, and it was soon after she became pretty experienced with the same magics as himself, Molluk was deemed an enemy and his mansion was suddnely burnt down - with him in it - overnight.

He spoke to his pupil from the afterlife, and said that she could summon him temporarily should she learn the powers of necromancy. Built on revenge for the death of her mentor, she learned just that and summoned Molluk from the grave -- but eventually went overboard, to the point that the magics were no longer able to bring him back.

Molluk was then brought to Grymma, and soon became the Immortal of Wisdom, judging those from how they used their Grymmaja wisely. When One became God-King of Grymma, Molluk was able to finally have eternal rest along with the other two Immortals -- and it's said that he still communicates with his pupil to this day, though perhaps face to face in the afterlife.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PYCAwqc.png[/img] Another trade for the user on Neo~ And tbh...I'm so proud of it??? Like, it's a woman, it's a dress...Feminine clothes...DAINTY HANDS??? I am just like...Dang, I may just need to do coloring pages for comms for now on because I can really get in the groove with them!
PYCAwqc.png

Another trade for the user on Neo~ And tbh...I'm so proud of it???

Like, it's a woman, it's a dress...Feminine clothes...DAINTY HANDS???
I am just like...Dang, I may just need to do coloring pages for comms for now on because I can really get in the groove with them!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/0aJntER.png[/img] I'm just dishing out art today, haha! Put on some HK in the background and gimme some OCs, and I'm just all down! >:D I did this piece of someone's OC for a TH code; I admit, I hate how TH's page navigation works and how every click on a single page adds to the amount of backspacing you gotta do, but considering how I can only do so much with Neocities and how I may eventually have to just rely on something other than it and RefSheet for OC storage, I decided to give it a try for some of my more "serious" characters and/or guys that I just kinda wanna hold without having a full fledge Neocities page in case I just lose that mood. :P
0aJntER.png

I'm just dishing out art today, haha! Put on some HK in the background and gimme some OCs, and I'm just all down! >:D

I did this piece of someone's OC for a TH code; I admit, I hate how TH's page navigation works and how every click on a single page adds to the amount of backspacing you gotta do, but considering how I can only do so much with Neocities and how I may eventually have to just rely on something other than it and RefSheet for OC storage, I decided to give it a try for some of my more "serious" characters and/or guys that I just kinda wanna hold without having a full fledge Neocities page in case I just lose that mood. :P
Ooo I spy a new character! Baron Molluk, heh, love the pun :P I feel like in a weird, alternate universe, he and Lucky would get along VERY well haha.

I like that he helps those in need. Does he still try to do that in Grymma?
Ooo I spy a new character! Baron Molluk, heh, love the pun :P I feel like in a weird, alternate universe, he and Lucky would get along VERY well haha.

I like that he helps those in need. Does he still try to do that in Grymma?
FjJN2co.png
Shade, she/her
dragon stories @ The Outpost
k2ukPkC.png
Hey, Shade~

Ahaha, watch the two have a game that never ends because they both keep turning it in their favor. xD

In Grymma is kinda tricky; I believe how I had the story set was that his assistant was able to summon him with necromancy, but eventually that magic just began to wear down so Molluk was no longer a part of the "mortal" afterlife and was then sent to Grymma.

But there, he was still rather kind, though really hated the ones who ridiculed and otherwise mistreated him and his clients. However, he became the Immortal of Wisdom for a reason: He didn't unleash all his power at once and used the proper methods in each situation. So basically, he didn't kill on sight.

He did become a mentor and teacher in Grymma, though, so yeah, he probably still helped others, though due to being a whole other realm from the mortal realm, there wasn't anything drastically "needy" about those who lived there - most were basically undead creatures, monsters, and the like, and the planet was strangely peaceful -- just maybe not to those who come to cause trouble.

He even eventually mentored One a bit, helping it learn about the planet and its magics, so yeah, Molluk was still a well-known figure in Grymma.

(also thought of the other two Immortals and their names; Shen-Zi, the Immortal of Loyalty, and Zalor the Immortal of Strength)
Hey, Shade~

Ahaha, watch the two have a game that never ends because they both keep turning it in their favor. xD

In Grymma is kinda tricky; I believe how I had the story set was that his assistant was able to summon him with necromancy, but eventually that magic just began to wear down so Molluk was no longer a part of the "mortal" afterlife and was then sent to Grymma.

But there, he was still rather kind, though really hated the ones who ridiculed and otherwise mistreated him and his clients. However, he became the Immortal of Wisdom for a reason: He didn't unleash all his power at once and used the proper methods in each situation. So basically, he didn't kill on sight.

He did become a mentor and teacher in Grymma, though, so yeah, he probably still helped others, though due to being a whole other realm from the mortal realm, there wasn't anything drastically "needy" about those who lived there - most were basically undead creatures, monsters, and the like, and the planet was strangely peaceful -- just maybe not to those who come to cause trouble.

He even eventually mentored One a bit, helping it learn about the planet and its magics, so yeah, Molluk was still a well-known figure in Grymma.

(also thought of the other two Immortals and their names; Shen-Zi, the Immortal of Loyalty, and Zalor the Immortal of Strength)
They both just get increasingly upset because the other one is cheating but neither wants to admit that they're cheating too. Incredible XD

So wait, what did his role in Grymma entail? Like I get that he judged people, but then was he handing out punishments/rewards based on that or...?

It's nice that Grymma is peaceful though, so people aren't suffering and needing help. Kind of puts Molluk out of a role/job but there are worse reasons as to why XD
They both just get increasingly upset because the other one is cheating but neither wants to admit that they're cheating too. Incredible XD

So wait, what did his role in Grymma entail? Like I get that he judged people, but then was he handing out punishments/rewards based on that or...?

It's nice that Grymma is peaceful though, so people aren't suffering and needing help. Kind of puts Molluk out of a role/job but there are worse reasons as to why XD
FjJN2co.png
Shade, she/her
dragon stories @ The Outpost
k2ukPkC.png
Pfft, I can see it going that way, yeah. xD

Hmm...Tbh, I've not really been able to come up with much on how The Immortals really worked, but then again, the ritual One went through (and others had been tested with - but to fail) is super unsafe for FR so hard to describe; Let's just say it's very painful.

But tbh, the "judging" isn't like..."You're not smart enough, therefore you die" type stuff. He probably just seeks out those who appear to have immense wisdom and brings them to the test more than anything. It's up to the users of Grymmaja to otherwise decide what they want to do - do they want to take the test, or are they okay being able to do minor magics instead?

Though all in all, The immortals did seek everlasting rest, so they were trying to find the perfect being to become Grymma's new god-king before granting their powers to them and being able to achieve theri goal.

I mean, the planet does still have conflict, but even when One was an angel and came into the world to rest, they only saw the light as a threat, but ultimately realized it was too injured to truly cause harm, so left it alone.

But others like Temptlord? Yeah, they'll fight against guys like him who seek destruction or to otherwise cause harm to the planet.
Pfft, I can see it going that way, yeah. xD

Hmm...Tbh, I've not really been able to come up with much on how The Immortals really worked, but then again, the ritual One went through (and others had been tested with - but to fail) is super unsafe for FR so hard to describe; Let's just say it's very painful.

But tbh, the "judging" isn't like..."You're not smart enough, therefore you die" type stuff. He probably just seeks out those who appear to have immense wisdom and brings them to the test more than anything. It's up to the users of Grymmaja to otherwise decide what they want to do - do they want to take the test, or are they okay being able to do minor magics instead?

Though all in all, The immortals did seek everlasting rest, so they were trying to find the perfect being to become Grymma's new god-king before granting their powers to them and being able to achieve theri goal.

I mean, the planet does still have conflict, but even when One was an angel and came into the world to rest, they only saw the light as a threat, but ultimately realized it was too injured to truly cause harm, so left it alone.

But others like Temptlord? Yeah, they'll fight against guys like him who seek destruction or to otherwise cause harm to the planet.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/VGFY1CP.png[/img] Coloring page for my friend~ ;D Saw this design on Neopets today and wanted to give it a try immediately!
VGFY1CP.png

Coloring page for my friend~ ;D Saw this design on Neopets today and wanted to give it a try immediately!
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75