Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Veils and banes need gene expansions
1 2
As someone who primarily dabbles in gen1 gening, I feel like the current veilspun and banescales really lack the necessary gene pool for anything other than like, pre planned out colors to work. Its especially bad on banes but neither of them have a lot of genes that actually alter the colors of your dragon, and the very few they do are SUPER contextual or only alter some of the colors (eg, stitched, bright, chevy). This is especially bad for veilspuns, due to the fact that someones got a cough up 1000 gems to grab a sup par breed. As much as I enjoy the new undertide genes, they definitely werent the ones in need of it.
As someone who primarily dabbles in gen1 gening, I feel like the current veilspun and banescales really lack the necessary gene pool for anything other than like, pre planned out colors to work. Its especially bad on banes but neither of them have a lot of genes that actually alter the colors of your dragon, and the very few they do are SUPER contextual or only alter some of the colors (eg, stitched, bright, chevy). This is especially bad for veilspuns, due to the fact that someones got a cough up 1000 gems to grab a sup par breed. As much as I enjoy the new undertide genes, they definitely werent the ones in need of it.
Honestly, every breed needs one tho? Except maybe aberrations, and now undertides (auraboas too... mayyyybe?) So I'm not upset they got it.
Honestly, every breed needs one tho? Except maybe aberrations, and now undertides (auraboas too... mayyyybe?) So I'm not upset they got it.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
the ancient gene expansions are going in release order. veils and banes already got a gene expansion (but I definitely agree, they could use another one! both of them have it rough, their gene pool was tiny before their expansions and is still pretty thin even now)
the ancient gene expansions are going in release order. veils and banes already got a gene expansion (but I definitely agree, they could use another one! both of them have it rough, their gene pool was tiny before their expansions and is still pretty thin even now)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
yea i hope veils get some more genes, im a huge veil fan.

they need angler.

and blossom...

but yea i dont use banes since they just dont tend to appeal to me, and undertides were the same way with me untill they got that expansion, so yea more genes are always welcome.

they need angler.

and blossom...

but yea i dont use banes since they just dont tend to appeal to me, and undertides were the same way with me untill they got that expansion, so yea more genes are always welcome.
jellyfishspace.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Reminder to drink some water!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
[quote name="Jellyinspace" date="2024-03-09 10:28:34" ] yea i hope veils get some more genes, im a huge veil fan. they need angler. and blossom... but yea i dont use banes since they just dont tend to appeal to me, and undertides were the same way with me untill they got that expansion, so yea more genes are always welcome. [/quote] i thought angler came from veils edit: you mean this angler [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=78&winggene=0&wings=91&auth=fad9a3aea1a97c4c4a1a6f3edf37bf4b5113219b&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Jellyinspace wrote on 2024-03-09 10:28:34:

they need angler.

and blossom...

i thought angler came from veils

edit:
you mean this angler
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=78&winggene=0&wings=91&auth=fad9a3aea1a97c4c4a1a6f3edf37bf4b5113219b&dummyext=prev.png

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
[quote name="Transkovsky" date="2024-03-09 10:34:17" ] [quote name="Jellyinspace" date="2024-03-09 10:28:34" ] yea i hope veils get some more genes, im a huge veil fan. they need angler. and blossom... but yea i dont use banes since they just dont tend to appeal to me, and undertides were the same way with me untill they got that expansion, so yea more genes are always welcome. [/quote] i thought angler came from veils edit: you mean this angler [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=78&winggene=0&wings=91&auth=fad9a3aea1a97c4c4a1a6f3edf37bf4b5113219b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] ok so, im kinda dumb- ...but they still need blossom....
Transkovsky wrote on 2024-03-09 10:34:17:
Jellyinspace wrote on 2024-03-09 10:28:34:

they need angler.

and blossom...

i thought angler came from veils

edit:
you mean this angler
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=78&winggene=0&wings=91&auth=fad9a3aea1a97c4c4a1a6f3edf37bf4b5113219b&dummyext=prev.png

ok so, im kinda dumb-

...but they still need blossom....
jellyfishspace.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Reminder to drink some water!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
believe it or not, aethers actually have the fewest genes out of all ancients! they're set to receive the next expansion and it will probably go down the list until it finishes and wraps around and goes back to gaos, banes, veils, etc. although it has happened in the past that they randomly port genes between breeds, like fans for gaos.
believe it or not, aethers actually have the fewest genes out of all ancients! they're set to receive the next expansion and it will probably go down the list until it finishes and wraps around and goes back to gaos, banes, veils, etc. although it has happened in the past that they randomly port genes between breeds, like fans for gaos.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
@jellyinspace
Veils do have Blossom tho?
@jellyinspace
Veils do have Blossom tho?
0gqs.jpg

pugaOfm.png

utMivob.png
@DanceMacabre No they don't [img]https://i.imgur.com/2A3xO2O.png[/img]
@DanceMacabre No they don't

2A3xO2O.png
mlHpBMC.png