Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Changing my user for the umpteenth time?
[Size=2]I recently changed my name a few months ago, and I'm not sure I'm vibing. With everything going on in the world, I feel like my user is somewhat insensitive? And as stated, it just doesn't vibe with me? I'm thinking of changing it to some nonsense 3 letter word (which the one I want I verified is NOT taken), or I'm trying to find some other cool word to use as my new user, but all the cool words I would use are already taken. ): Is it recommended I change my username for like the umpteenth time? EDIT: With the new pinglist system, from my understanding I could change my user and still receive pings? Or am I wrong? [emoji=coatl confused size=1]
I recently changed my name a few months ago, and I'm not sure I'm vibing.

With everything going on in the world, I feel like my user is somewhat insensitive? And as stated, it just doesn't vibe with me?

I'm thinking of changing it to some nonsense 3 letter word (which the one I want I verified is NOT taken), or I'm trying to find some other cool word to use as my new user, but all the cool words I would use are already taken. ):

Is it recommended I change my username for like the umpteenth time?

EDIT: With the new pinglist system, from my understanding I could change my user and still receive pings? Or am I wrong?
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
If you're on a lot of pinglists, I don't recommend changing it often. It's ultimately up to you, though. I couldn't really imagine changing my user because I like it too much.
If you're on a lot of pinglists, I don't recommend changing it often. It's ultimately up to you, though. I couldn't really imagine changing my user because I like it too much.
mt8lr6s.png
Nah, I think its a cool username. But then again I'm also someone who had to change my username for political reasons a few years ago (I used to be Zhukov, so yeah...)

I've also gone through something like 7 or 8 username changes in my time here, because I'm indecisive as hell, lol. Luckily for me I'm not on too many pinglists these days because I've entered my hermit phase on FR, but back when I was more active in the community it definitely was a pain to deal with.
Nah, I think its a cool username. But then again I'm also someone who had to change my username for political reasons a few years ago (I used to be Zhukov, so yeah...)

I've also gone through something like 7 or 8 username changes in my time here, because I'm indecisive as hell, lol. Luckily for me I'm not on too many pinglists these days because I've entered my hermit phase on FR, but back when I was more active in the community it definitely was a pain to deal with.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Go for it, life is short and you should have one that you like. If you don't have one in mind right now though, you should brainstorm it a bit further.
Go for it, life is short and you should have one that you like. If you don't have one in mind right now though, you should brainstorm it a bit further.
D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
If you're willing to deal with changing up all your pinglists, I honestly don't see why not. Worst that happens is you change your username again.
If you're willing to deal with changing up all your pinglists, I honestly don't see why not. Worst that happens is you change your username again.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Wars" date="2024-03-08 08:27:13" ] EDIT: With the new pinglist system, from my understanding I could change my user and still receive pings? [/quote] Yes! To my understanding, anyway. It's one of the big benefits of the new system. Ofc you'd still have to manually change any old pinglists you're on (Swipp, GASP, dom). I don't think your current name is problematic, but if you aren't vibing I'd say go for a change.
Wars wrote on 2024-03-08 08:27:13:
EDIT: With the new pinglist system, from my understanding I could change my user and still receive pings?
Yes! To my understanding, anyway. It's one of the big benefits of the new system. Ofc you'd still have to manually change any old pinglists you're on (Swipp, GASP, dom).

I don't think your current name is problematic, but if you aren't vibing I'd say go for a change.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
It actually makes me do a double-take every time I see you somewhere, lol. Not because it's a bad name, but because a friend of mine used to go by "War" because it was the name of an OC. I don't see it as anything negative. FR dominance is like a war. Or it could remind someone of Starwars.

If you want a change though, then do what makes you happy! I wanted to change mine for a long time and then I just got used to it. Now I have no idea what else I'd go by, lol.
It actually makes me do a double-take every time I see you somewhere, lol. Not because it's a bad name, but because a friend of mine used to go by "War" because it was the name of an OC. I don't see it as anything negative. FR dominance is like a war. Or it could remind someone of Starwars.

If you want a change though, then do what makes you happy! I wanted to change mine for a long time and then I just got used to it. Now I have no idea what else I'd go by, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
Just want to add, I think it's totally up to you and how you feel, but I love the username you have rn! It's very interesting and I just really like it <3
Just want to add, I think it's totally up to you and how you feel, but I love the username you have rn! It's very interesting and I just really like it <3
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Oh my goodness, I wondered where your original UN had gone because I saw you in the forums a lot. I've only changed my username once, and that was around the time the new pinglist system went into place, so most I had to do was change my name in FR Discords.

Change your name to whatever makes you happy! I like your current name, but what matters most is how you feel about it. Pinglists can be changed easily enough.
Oh my goodness, I wondered where your original UN had gone because I saw you in the forums a lot. I've only changed my username once, and that was around the time the new pinglist system went into place, so most I had to do was change my name in FR Discords.

Change your name to whatever makes you happy! I like your current name, but what matters most is how you feel about it. Pinglists can be changed easily enough.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png