Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | strawberry harvest color fix
[item=strawberry harvest] looks kinda... gross! the dull desaturated red makes these strawberries look overripe to the point of inedibility. i crinkle my nose when i see them. why are they so unappetizing to look at [item=turnip harvest] also its like the same color as the turnip one lol [item=strawberry] now THATS a strawberry! this is a strawberry that would be a delight to eat. i can smell it through the screen, so sweet and juicy and perfect yeah i just want the strawberry harvest to look less gross, i know the lovely artists here at Flight Rising know how to color strawberries appealingly because they've done it before. thank you tri-state area
Strawberry Harvest looks kinda... gross! the dull desaturated red makes these strawberries look overripe to the point of inedibility. i crinkle my nose when i see them. why are they so unappetizing to look at
Turnip Harvest also its like the same color as the turnip one lol

Strawberry now THATS a strawberry! this is a strawberry that would be a delight to eat. i can smell it through the screen, so sweet and juicy and perfect

yeah i just want the strawberry harvest to look less gross, i know the lovely artists here at Flight Rising know how to color strawberries appealingly because they've done it before. thank you tri-state area
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
Personally, I think they look fine. I get that it's kind of inconsistent, but I feel like if they were bright red like the food item is, it would just look off. No support.
Personally, I think they look fine. I get that it's kind of inconsistent, but I feel like if they were bright red like the food item is, it would just look off. No support.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=14&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=42922&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=15&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=42922&xt=dressing.png[/img] They're brighter when you preview them on a dragon! I think the saturation on the item icon is just off. The icon itself feels like it does need correcting to be accurate to the actual item.
dummy?breed=14&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=42922&xt=dressing.png

dummy?breed=15&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=42922&xt=dressing.png

They're brighter when you preview them on a dragon! I think the saturation on the item icon is just off. The icon itself feels like it does need correcting to be accurate to the actual item.
Na5WGHa.png
I do agree that I feel both the icon and the item itself of the strawberry harvest would look more appealing if they were brighter. My only concern with changing it is that it's been a little over a year since the item was added so it might mess with the outfits of players using it if it's changed after so long ^^'
I do agree that I feel both the icon and the item itself of the strawberry harvest would look more appealing if they were brighter. My only concern with changing it is that it's been a little over a year since the item was added so it might mess with the outfits of players using it if it's changed after so long ^^'
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
I'd say don't change the item itself, maybe update the icon if it's inaccurate.

They could make a recolored version called idk Ruby Strawberry Harvest that makes them a significantly brighter red.

They could make a recolored version called idk Ruby Strawberry Harvest that makes them a significantly brighter red.
.......LRWJpvK.png
7785.png
x8YqlBy.gif
ciurGcg.png
........lightning_rune.png
T4Peb9C.png
DxCICZ1.png
68469670.png
Qq8TftW.png
[quote name="Whitefire" date="2024-03-06 12:13:53" ] I'd say don't change the item itself, maybe update the icon if it's inaccurate. They could make a recolored version called idk Ruby Strawberry Harvest that makes them a significantly brighter red. [/quote] Ripened strawberry harvest?
Whitefire wrote on 2024-03-06 12:13:53:

Ripened strawberry harvest?
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
[quote name="Whitefire" date="2024-03-06 12:13:53" ] I'd say don't change the item itself, maybe update the icon if it's inaccurate. They could make a recolored version called idk Ruby Strawberry Harvest that makes them a significantly brighter red. [/quote] Yeah, the icon itself seems to just be a grosser, desaturated color than the real item is. I think the actual thing looks fine and it's a bit late to change the entire color now, folks have been long since using this item because it has these exact colors. They just look like some more wild strawberries to me, we have patches of em out here and you'll usually find em in a range from a slightly darker purpley red to that distinctive bright red. I'm never against more recolors of clothes, though. I'd be down for a bright, vivid red strawberry harvest. Call em ripened strawberries, or summer strawberries, something nice sounding. Make the matching apparel a nice pink set! Plus, if we do more recolors we can do recolors for more veggies and fruits. What about a white set with little bright blueberries, or a purple set with beetroot? Gimmie a warm sunny yellow + orange set with some oranges or lemons!
Whitefire wrote on 2024-03-06 12:13:53:

Yeah, the icon itself seems to just be a grosser, desaturated color than the real item is. I think the actual thing looks fine and it's a bit late to change the entire color now, folks have been long since using this item because it has these exact colors. They just look like some more wild strawberries to me, we have patches of em out here and you'll usually find em in a range from a slightly darker purpley red to that distinctive bright red.

I'm never against more recolors of clothes, though. I'd be down for a bright, vivid red strawberry harvest. Call em ripened strawberries, or summer strawberries, something nice sounding. Make the matching apparel a nice pink set!
Plus, if we do more recolors we can do recolors for more veggies and fruits. What about a white set with little bright blueberries, or a purple set with beetroot? Gimmie a warm sunny yellow + orange set with some oranges or lemons!
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Echoing everyone else. The item is fine, just not its icon
Echoing everyone else. The item is fine, just not its icon
sBdLZtA.png